Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wow, all the places we've toured with vinyl they look like poo poo

I think the trick is to spend more than $1.99sqft installed at the big box hardware store.

Speaking of the service position, I have reached the acceptance phase of my EZ30 head gasket failure.
Shops aren't getting back to me with estimates but I've heard book is 14 hours so I'm assuming $1200 labor on the low end, plus $500 or so in parts and machining, but probably over $2000 all said and done. I could swing that, but I'm cheap and my time is worthless so I'm thinking I'll embrace the suck and do it myself.
I've never pulled an engine but have always wanted to so yay. :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"£150 no offers car drives fine has lesbian scratched down the side"

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Here's a story in pictures:

...soon

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
If I wasn't so opposed to car payments I would consider cleaning it up and trading it in. The car is otherwise in good shape and my wife loves it so might as well stick with it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

The Locator posted:

Temp overnight got down near 80, and I slept surprisingly well with the fans blowing air around. The service guy is supposed to be here sometime later this morning, so I have to just suck it up and tough out the likely 90+ temps the house will be up to by the time he arrives.

Hopefully it's just a bad cap, and/or the compressor went out on thermal overload from short cycling due to the abnormal heat.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Just bought a nice old record box with 66 78rpm shellac records in from ebay with the idea of using it to keep my modern records in it.
Utterly failed to take into accound the 78rpm records are smaller than 33rpm ones.

Still I'm set music wise now for a fallout style post apocalypse

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Oh man, I am so hungry.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
valentina is the best mexican hot sauce

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

valentinaTapatio is the best mexican hot sauce

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Not even close. Tap ranks below Cholula in my book.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its too hot for me anyway its just whats currently in my desk. I am a franks guy at heart since I am weak.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
Eew, gross. Frank's is worse than Charlie's take hot-take on Tapatio.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Frank's is the lowest on the list. Anything's better than Frank's.

BraveUlysses posted:

valentina is the best mexican hot sauce
If you can find the black label stuff, it's even better.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Guess ya'll aren't fans of chicken wings then. :colbert:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

scuz posted:

Frank's is the lowest on the list. Anything's better than Frank's.

If you can find the black label stuff, it's even better.

What's funny is that it's not even hotter, it just has a ton more flavor.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

angryrobots posted:

Hopefully it's just a bad cap, and/or the compressor went out on thermal overload from short cycling due to the abnormal heat.

Bad cap, AC working again. Holy gently caress I got bent over a rough log... $250!

I just ordered a new 40/5 run cap from Amazon for under $15 and it will be sitting on the shelf waiting for the next cap to fail in a couple years, at which time I will go outside and replace it myself in about 10 or 15 minutes.

I made the obviously bad assumption that since the original cap lasted 10 years, the one that replaced it a couple years ago would be good for another 10 or so. Nope. AC guy said that 95% of his calls are for this, he must be making loving bank this week. If he can hit two houses per hour he is making over $400 per hour right now.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Cage posted:

Guess ya'll don't get to eat buffalo wings anymore. :colbert:

I love wings but the classic buffalo sauce is garbage. There are like a million better flavors. Like garlic Parmesan or Cajun.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Cage posted:

We have ways of making you talk.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

you can make buffalo wings with any louisana style hot sauce

i'd take franks over tobasco but i like crystal extra hot for that style of sauces

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tabasco rules and an equal-parts Cholula and Valentina mix makes the best buffalo wings. Frank's is useless garbage. Ask any NOLA resident and they'll tell you "you can always trust someone with your food when they've got Crystal hot sauce in the house."

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

you can make buffalo wings with any louisana style hot sauce

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This, then Valentina or Tapatio, they're the same in my book. It just depends on my mood. Best all around is Louisiana or Crystal. Tabasco sucks. Sambal is king.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

everdave posted:

My experience has been the opposite hello $12 after coupon nailer that I have already shot 1k plus brads/nails through and is awesome. $9 air comp acc kit. Free volt meter that let me diagnose my water heater. Have only had it a few months I am saving money. And so many free tarps/screwdrivers/whatever

The only reason I didn't buy an HF trim nailer is because I though their price was a little high (quite a hike up from the brad/staple nailer) and found a $40 nailer on eBay that did 16d trim AND 18d brads and staples. It worked a treat on the kitchen baseboard trim. An HF framing nailer built my shed, and an HF roofing nailer stuck the shingles on it. Those both belonged to my friend, so I'll be buying my own soon-ish. (I actually bought the ones we used, as replacements for the pair that were stolen from my garage while I was borrowing them.) The $12 HF HVLP paint gun I bought did a fine job shooting Rustoleum satin black on my RX-7.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I just want you to know I appreciate the subtle subtext in the background, there.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dang I didn't even see that my hot sass game is weak.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tapatio is the 100% best and those that disagree can suck my dick from the back.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Dang I didn't even see that my hot sass game is weak.
Admission is the first step to recovery or something like that. We can help you :kingsley:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Tapatio is the 100% best and those that disagree can suck my dick from the back.
Every hot sauce is the best hot sauce. Except Frank's.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm currently working my way through a few bottles of Caribbean Pepper Co. scotch bonnet

Once you get past the point of "my insides are on fire, oh God, am I dying?" extremely hot peppers are the best things. Except habeneros, which are just bitter and hot, there's no depth to their flavor

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Serranos are where it's at for cooking peppers, especially in chili.

Well, gently caress, now I gotta bust out this bad boy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why must Korean food be so good

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I used to think that you Americans were big pansies for having aircon everywhere but this heatwave in the U.K. has made me completely understand and I'm really sorry I ever doubted you.

Today I had to go on the tube at rush hour.:supaburn:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tomarse posted:

I used to think that you Americans were big pansies for having aircon everywhere but this heatwave in the U.K. has made me completely understand and I'm really sorry I ever doubted you.

I went shopping in Tescos, just to enjoy their air con for an hour,

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tomarse posted:

Now imagine it getting 94F outside in the summer and -10F in the winter and you can understand detroit lol

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Except everywhere in Detroit has AC, and no houses and about half the cars in the UK have it because 20 years ago you had to go to the south of France to get temps over 80F.

It's currently 84 degrees in London at 9pm lmao.

It wasn't that hot in LA yesterday at 9pm and we're having a heat wave.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Except everywhere in Detroit has AC, and no houses and about half the cars in the UK have it because 20 years ago you had to go to the south of France to get temps over 80F.

Oh i didnt realize that

how the hell do you survive without glorious 80F weather?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Ether Frenzy posted:

LA proper isn't considered that hot a city. The ocean keeps in cool. The inland suburbs get hotter, much hotter.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

"£150 no offers car drives fine has lesbian scratched down the side"

I'm going to need to see this car.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Would have been perfect on the Gorester.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That's the table sauce on my favorite Tex/Mex establishment. I like it. I want to say it's Valentina at my favorite can-get-menudo and lengua tacos, menu is in Spanish authentic Mexican place, but they've got house-made salsa picante, so gently caress a bottle of hot sauce when I'm eating there.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

loving weather. I'm in Nevada next week for a conference and it's going to be 110+ F.

I'm from Canada.

I'm going to be a goddamn puddle on the sidewalk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Unfortunately, there's really nothing to see. Just stereotypically awful screenshotted "photos" in an FB advert.

• Locked thread