Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:pcgaming:I'm already living in 2015 :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Glad it wasn't just me

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm pretty sure this one is legit

Not sure that type of mouthpiece would work with a glass bottle, though.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
It won't completely not work. As long as the bottle isn't full you'd be able to suck a little bit out before you'd have to let some air in, and as you made your way through the bottle it'd get easier.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Perfect for the end of the evening, where you are too drunk to form a complete seal with your lips but still want wine

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Also, as my roommate almost instantly pointed out, it'll only work with bottles with threading, aka: only really lovely wine, aaka: the only wine you'd drink that way.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rysithusiku posted:

Also, as my roommate almost instantly pointed out, it'll only work with bottles with threading, aka: only really lovely wine, aaka: the only wine you'd drink that way.

Unless you live in Australia, because basically all wine here comes in screwtop bottles these days (as it should everywhere because corks are terrible).

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Tiggum posted:

Unless you live in Australia, because basically all wine here comes in screwtop bottles these days (as it should everywhere because corks are terrible).

gently caress off back to where you came from. We're full.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bogan King posted:

gently caress off back to where you came from. We're full.

I see your bag wine, and I raise you wine in a can:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Zipperelli. posted:

I had a can of 'happy wine' - as in that was the labelling on the can - in the Czech Republic. It was exactly the experience you would expect from a can of wine.

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie

Bogan King posted:

I had a can of 'happy wine' - as in that was the labelling on the can - in the Czech Republic. It was exactly the experience you would expect from a can of wine.

I'm reminded of the days when Paris Hilton was promoting champagne in a can. I didn't try it myself, the combination put me off.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Zipperelli. posted:

I don't actually think those bags contain wine... yet. Because I'm thinking about the boxed apple juice we used to buy that came in bags exactly like that, and realizing you probably could hang it outside like that to ferment.

Also, proto-lifehack: Live in the 80s when mylar-upholstered furniture was a thing and inflate the empty bags for use as cushions.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zipperelli. posted:

What's the point of drinking can wine if everybody can see your are drinking wine, ffs

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Dareon posted:

I don't actually think those bags contain wine... yet. Because I'm thinking about the boxed apple juice we used to buy that came in bags exactly like that, and realizing you probably could hang it outside like that to ferment.

Also, proto-lifehack: Live in the 80s when mylar-upholstered furniture was a thing and inflate the empty bags for use as cushions.

https://youtu.be/vqFFyW01FXA

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Can wine? More like can't wine way I see it.

You'uns done took ma can't wine

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
But let's not forget how to make any wine taste amazing.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You're supposed to buy the wine in a box, then fill up an empty pop can with it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Can't whine bout can't wine

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

This will legitimately make bad wine drinkable, so if you have very low standards for "amazing"...

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lifehack: adjust your expectations and never be disappointed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Karate Bastard posted:

Lifehack: adjust your expectations and never be disappointed again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keep trying to convince my parents to use this hack, but they just won't go for it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What happens if you put wine through a soda stream?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

MariusLecter posted:

What happens if you put wine through a soda stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb3A9zFjrvk

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh lord that's a proclick

e: I used to do that with vodka no problem. Well I guess you had to be a bit nimble about it, but holy poo poo I never made any vaporized alcohol geysers or anything like that

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Jun 21, 2017

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

The pan up to the ceiling is the perfect ending to that.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

A friend that I did this when they first came out, but thankfully we had the forethought to do it standing in the shower with the curtain pulled closed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNHfAX_vZA

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
We have a soda stream that we got for Christmas, and it owns. We did some experimenting with liquor, and it works great. Wine too, but you have to do just a little bit, think individual glasses worth. Vodka works great, as does brown liquor. Wine is harder because the sugar in it provides a shitload of nucleation sites for the bubbles. Same for the particulate in tea. That's why you have to mix flavors in after the water has been carbonated.

Soda stream owns as long as you don't make the garbage sodas with it. On demand sparkling water is the best.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hello life hack wife

:swoon:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ICE?!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I know!!!!!! Ain't she the best???????????????

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Perusing Lifehacks/Pinterest/whatever for any length of time gives me the impression that I'm a weirdo for not having dozens of spare wooden pallets just lying around the house. What exactly are these people getting forklifted to their houses on such a regular basis?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

“Ah, my pallet delivery!“

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The thing that gets me is pallets are splintery and frequently falling apart. Why would anyone want those in their house?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Len posted:

The thing that gets me is pallets are splintery and frequently falling apart. Why would anyone want those in their house?

Manufactured rustic aesthetic appeal.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If I needed pallets around the house, this is the kind I would get anyway

Just about the only thing the wooden ones are better at are bonfires, whether intentional or not

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

It's free wood that makes you look poor, what's not to love? Normally you have to pay enormous amounts of money at pottery barn to look that poor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you work somewhere taking deliveries that come with ownership of the pallets (as opposed to leasing them) the bosses will try to give them away because otherwise they would be paying someone to haul away as trash.

I think that's become slightly rarer with wood prices going up due to conservation efforts and most people deal with the leased sort or know a recycler who will take them for no cost to rehab and sell them back into the system so I think the lifehacks community is cargo culting stuff their dad did even though it's started making less sense with pallet lessors breathing down company's necks to return 105% of their allocation.