Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Carlosologist posted:

how could the Clippers even add Butler

Spinning off DeAndre for a lotto pick?

Maybe the Bulls will commit to rebuilding around Austin Rivers

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am so bored at work. I need something to happen so we can at least laugh and make jokes about how dumb Magic is. Hell, I'll even take another round of KD fart jokes!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pubic works project posted:

I am so bored at work. I need something to happen so we can at least laugh and make jokes about how dumb Magic is. Hell, I'll even take another round of KD fart jokes!

this should keep you busy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GD8feepwrE

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

That's goaltending!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i would be sad to lose Beverley he is pretty great and (if you're a Rockets fan) likeable, but his value has likely peaked or close. Hes fairly injury prone and has maybe a few decent seasons left. I don't really want to lose him for nothing, but if it leads to landing a star, welp

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

zoux posted:

What if he joined the Warriors though

If he wants more rings it's the logical choice.

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Ryan Anderson plays 0 defense, correct?

He also shot 3for24 from 3P range against OKC in the playoffs which was highly entertaining.

pubic works project posted:

Hell, I'll even take another round of KD fart jokes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B52L95xRYFs

Zogo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 21, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

MourningView posted:

putting petty partisanship above what really matters smh

it's hard to choose, but in the final analysis Boston is less worse than Utah

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

2017 Warriors trail only the 1939 Yankees, 1906 Cubs and 2007 Patriots:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-warriors-are-great-but-are-they-better-than-the-1939-yankees/

Would've been higher if not for CLE's egregious coasting.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

(Kevin Durant died in an explosive fart incident and the Warriors lost against the timberwolves in the first round)

Kevin Durant: Obituary:

"A terrible diet and room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man killed by his own gas. There were no marks found on his body, but an autopsy revealed the presence of large amounts of methane dissolved in his blood.

His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage, just the right combination of foods to produce a severe gas attack. It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed.

Had his windows been open, the flatulence wouldn't have been fatal, but the man was shut up in a nearly airtight bedroom. He was a man with an unlimited capacity for creating the deadly gas. Three rescuers became sick and one was hospitalized."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

how could the Clippers even add Butler

I guess they could S&T either Paul or Griffin if they wanted to go to Chicago.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

Spinning off DeAndre for a lotto pick?

Maybe the Bulls will commit to rebuilding around Austin Rivers

It really should take a lot more than a lotto pick to get Jimmy Butler.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/877612370868051968

Dang. I guess that probably is a better career move.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm ready

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jabarijyoung/status/877636777451892736

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

God drat Danny Green would be straight up trash on any other team

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Danny Green for Iman Shumpert who says no

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Danny Green for Iman Shumpert who says no

Me. I says that.

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/877636567124377600

Who's broadcasting the draft lol

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I hate all the picks getting tweeted. These motherfuckers blowing up Woj's phone before they even get the envelope sealed. It's horse poo poo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Green is 29 with two bad years in a row, why would anyone want him? I mean MAYBE he finds his shot again, but if he can't do it with the Spurs then I don't have faith in him finding it elsewhere.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

G-Hawk posted:

i would be sad to lose Beverley he is pretty great and (if you're a Rockets fan) likeable, but his value has likely peaked or close. Hes fairly injury prone and has maybe a few decent seasons left. I don't really want to lose him for nothing, but if it leads to landing a star, welp

I hate Beverley, but if he's not the poster boy for Houston's version of Grit n Grind, idk what is. Morey should at least keep one defender.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I thought ESPN hired Woj (who has hated ESPN since forever) specifically to stop him from scooping their show 60 times in a row every year

now he's going to keep doing it but under ESPN's brand?

Eltoasto posted:

Green is 29 with two bad years in a row, why would anyone want him? I mean MAYBE he finds his shot again, but if he can't do it with the Spurs then I don't have faith in him finding it elsewhere.

and yet every time a Spur is a FA some fool team overpays

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EvanTH posted:

I thought ESPN hired Woj (who has hated ESPN since forever) specifically to stop him from scooping their show 60 times in a row every year

Now that they are scooping for them they don't give a drat

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Now that they are scooping for them they don't give a drat

wtf that's still undermining their broadcast show it makes no sense whatsoever unless ESPN is run by a pack of absolute fools wait

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pick scooping is good

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
It rules for me, but I can't imagine why ESPN likes it

Woj moves under Bill Simmons' umbrella and tweets which Game of Thrones characters are about to die 15 minutes before it happens but it's fine because he's employed by HBO and the show sucks now anyways

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
With the Pau and Danny news, it seems the Spurs are really going to go hard after CP3 huh

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The only reason to watch the draft is to see what players are wearing. The draft thread here provides better insight than ESPN talking heads

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I need to wait to learn the pick so I can really savor Jalen Rose's insights into these players he googled ten minutes prior to the draft

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eltoasto posted:

He can still defend though. But yeah I'm sure someone will end up overvaluing him

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Green shot 38% from 3, that's basically his offense and he's still an elite overall perimeter defender. Instantly 20 teams would like him on their starting team, especially with his salary.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

EvanTH posted:

Maybe this is a career Make-a-Wish situation for Chad Ford and Marc Stein who wanna prove they can scoop draft picks too

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Tae posted:

Green shot 38% from 3, that's basically his offense and he's still an elite overall perimeter defender. Instantly 20 teams would like him on their starting team, especially with his salary.

I wonder if the spurs are signaling that they want to keep and start JSimms after his playoff performance and need that cap room if they want to also get another Max player.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Woj still works for Yahoo so ESPN still has to try and beat him

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

EvanTH posted:

It rules for me, but I can't imagine why ESPN likes it

Woj moves under Bill Simmons' umbrella and tweets which Game of Thrones characters are about to die 15 minutes before it happens but it's fine because he's employed by HBO and the show sucks now anyways

Woj hasn't been hired by ESPN yet. I assume once he is officially on the roster the pick scooping will stop.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i ventured deeper out of my bball bubble and saw someone say trade oladipo for danny green. someone hold me and make sure i don't leave my bubble again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the small market bulls need to trade their superstar for something or he'll leave to join a big time team

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Metapod posted:

i ventured deeper out of my bball bubble and saw someone say trade oladipo for danny green. someone hold me and make sure i don't leave my bubble again

There, there friend. It'll be okay.

The trade is going to be Kanter for Green

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kanter for green doesn't make sense for the spurs as they are dumping

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The cavs should do what they need to do to get Danny Green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's always always been icy/hot, he's still the legit 3&D dude plenty of teams want. Still a great defender who gets overshadowed by Kawhi and still one of the best chase down blockers/defenders among guards
I'd hate to dump him unless there was a good deal/signing in place

• Locked thread