Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

NecroMonster posted:

there is already like, a really loving big chunk of student debt that isn't ever going to be paid back and that number of climbing but man do i wish i could remember where i read this

and the federal government will just eat that. the problem isn't that the government is giving people money to go to college and not getting that money back. that's conservative-think. the problem is that we don't forgive the debt for those who are not able to get a good ROI on their education.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

I feel gross

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It isn't actually a bubble tho. Doesn't meet some of the qualifications. it's still a lot like a bubble and totally god damned hosed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MadJackal posted:

Hold on, I need to summon the essential spirit of this thread:

LOL 💀DEATH CREW💀

Why can't you understand that Democrats are the same as Republicans, daycrew??

who on earth are you talking to

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I mean, keep in mind that the public narrative about college debt in our society is largely driven by Mike Rowe dickheads who beat off to the image of a history major working as a barista because it affirms that they are actually smarter than them and it's just a bunch of liberal indoctrination with no actual rigor.

'real americans' are viciously anti-intellectual something something this is why trump won

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/877645746790686721

he's voting yes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

and the federal government will just eat that. the problem isn't that the government is giving people money to go to college and not getting that money back. that's conservative-think. the problem is that we don't forgive the debt for those who are not able to get a good ROI on their education.

the federal government isn't going to just eat that. Have you not paid any attention to the federal government lately?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

who on earth are you talking to

death crew who are obviously real and strong and his friends

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jazerus posted:

no way

it was interesting and is better than ck2 in a few minor ways, but is also a million times less accessible

wait for the summer sale and buy ck2 cheap

ck1 is waaaay simpler. or maybe ive got some rare autism that only works for that game.

ck2 is a lot better once you get the swing of things though

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

and it's gonna be because the Ossof loss emboldened him lol

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

there's a congressional women's softball game going on right now

nobody cares

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
longest day of the year means less nightcrew :worship:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

the federal government isn't going to just eat that. Have you not paid any attention to the federal government lately?

i mean, they are eating it. there are people in default and they are not getting money from those people.

which is why it isn't a bubble because if it were a private corporation, they would have folded and it would be 2008 II.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL I love it when the capitalist rich elite slough off their rubber skin and reveal the terminator death machine underneath.

the robberbaron series had golden skin. we spotted them easy, but these are new

they look human — jobs, aging, everything. very hard to spot. i had to wait till he got on the trumptrain before i could zero him

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BeOSPOS posted:

what a horrible night to run out of milk

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

hey, it has been a while since Americans really cracked down on the Irish

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/877642346510274562

joan walsh too knows why the caged bird sings

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Thatim posted:

I feel gross
\

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

"They got one of you too you old bitch. welcome to the puss club!"

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

BeOSPOS posted:

gonna have a milk shortage at this rate

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BeOSPOS posted:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
although one time I turned the African nation of Nubia into the kingdom of Jerusalem and only restarted the game out of fear 50% of the time when the seljuk Turks attacked and I haven't been able to do that in ck2 yet

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Chokes McGee posted:

what a horrible night to run out of milk

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

prefect posted:

gently caress Bloomberg.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/877627606312472576

Why, again, did they let him speak at the DNC?

Oh word a republican billionaire turned out to be a piece of poo poo?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

there is already like, a really loving big chunk of student debt that isn't ever going to be paid back and that number is climbing but man do i wish i could remember where i read this

this isn't a statistic but i'm pretty sure a bunch of college grads with outstanding debt are just straight up expatriating themselves so they won't have to pay it, which owns
if i thought i could get a job in evropa i'd probably do this too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the car companies and large appliance companies are already screaming about how millennials aren't buying new big ticket items and the realtors are only going to keep getting louder about how we've gotta buy all the boomerhouses

that debt is certainly already loving up the economy

im glad that in 20 years banks will have all of these houses they reverse mortgaged but can't resell and are slowly sinking back into the earth because nobody is maintaining them

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i mean, they are eating it. there are people in default and they are not getting money from those people.

which is why it isn't a bubble because if it were a private corporation, they would have folded and it would be 2008 II.

The problem is generally that those people in default don't get to invest any money into anything else, and if they ever want to try and catch up they will find that their problem has vastly accumulated

There's absolutely no way of getting out of student debt, and there's monthly interest on thousands of dollars

Chunky Salsa has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Jun 21, 2017

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bono is the pinnacle of rich, centrist "lets all just get along in love and peace" celebrity

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

im glad that in 20 years banks will have all of these houses they reverse mortgaged but can't resell and are slowly sinking back into the earth because nobody is maintaining them

the grey goo will handle it

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

an empty house that nobody is willing to buy because it's poo poo is worthless by definition but for some reason these decaying mcmansions can't just be used to house the poor

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chunky Salsa posted:

The problem is generally that those people in default don't get to invest any money into anything else, generally, and if they ever want to try and catch up they will find that their problem has vastly accumulated

There's absolutely no way of getting out of student debt, and there's monthly interest on thousands of dollars

interest rates on federal loans are super low. mortgages are a much much more daunting investment than a college education from a risk/reward/amount of debt prospect.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

all the cool kids will be squatting and starting families out in the burbs

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

tacodaemon posted:

relitigating the Troubles is back in season

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the bitcoin of weed posted:

an empty house that nobody is willing to buy because it's poo poo is worthless by definition but for some reason these decaying mcmansions can't just be used to house the poor

aren't these houses empty because they're owned by foreigners as investment properties?

just seize them

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/877659252298358784

lmao you want it cuck

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

a helpful bear posted:

bono is the pinnacle of rich, centrist "lets all just get along in love and peace" celebrity

gently caress Bono lol. I thought that bullshit "Save the World" garbage he does is largely viewed for being as hollow as it actually is.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

drat and just when boston was warming up to trump...

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

a helpful bear posted:

Goddamn you're right

http://www.wave3.com/story/35688179/10-facts-about-last-nights-epic-u2-concert

quote:

Bono also recognized Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly, who were in attendance Friday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i like to think of the student loan "bubble" as more of a giant rolling boulder trap that the majority of an entire generation is desperately trying to run away from

• Locked thread