Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BlazersBySagar/status/877611387458961412

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Plus he's the second best defender on an elite defense, I'd hate to lose DG's defensive contributions unless Juice can step up (assuming we can even sign him!) or whatever signing/deal this is for really makes it worthwhile

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah what

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

DeAndre for Drummond makes a good deal of sense, since Drummond is five years younger and probably has more upside to him; but it's not really a ton of cap relief since they both make 20M+

unless it's a move to get into the back half of the lottery as well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers season tickets are on a waiting list . Wow. Trust the process .

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
like say what you will about buddy but hes still better & more consistent than the 3&D options most teams are running with

P.s. Never forget :911:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pompeyonsixers/status/877627765733851136

Wow

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JaeAzizi/status/877655297463992320

Get that man a ring

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow...

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Carlosologist posted:

DeAndre for Drummond makes a good deal of sense, since Drummond is five years younger and probably has more upside to him; but it's not really a ton of cap relief since they both make 20M+

unless it's a move to get into the back half of the lottery as well

Andre Drummond sucks rear end

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i hope the spurs dont trade away my boy danny for garbage

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877662967990538240

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/877619061227757568

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG8yaDZ0pvo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tanking ruined the team :qq:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Good for him, he had a relatively great contract year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

show me an NBA fan who doesn't want swaggy p on their team and i'll show you a loving liar

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ammanas posted:

it's hard to choose, but in the final analysis Boston is less worse than Utah

Mods??????????

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Sixers own

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
trading danny would be a total bummer.

but i think trading danny opens up space for hanga to replace his excellent wing defense, but hanga only offers limited offense and probably isn't nba ready, so maybe not. he always said he didn't want to play with manu because manu would take up all his time (presumably) but if they start him… or maybe just play him at the 3 with the bench unit and start simmons?

anyway, danny's a great player and it'd be sad to see him go. the guy just fit on the team so well and even took a very team friendly contract to stay.

maybe the cp3 chase is much more real than i ever thought (or hayward. i think he'd be a great fit too)

edit: i like whoever said danny to the cavs, but i'm not sure he can offer enough offense for what they're going for. but he does significantly up their wing defense

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The season ticket being sold out is impressive. Being sold out every game would be less impressive. Many times pro sports sellouts are fudged numbers or owners buying leftover seats last minute. The Mavs currently have the longest sellout streak in American pro sports. Mavs fans are not the best fans in the NBA.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

show me an NBA fan who doesn't want swaggy p on their team and i'll show you a loving liar

Why would I want dollar store Earl when I have name brand Earl already?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I have no idea who Sagar Trika is but if that rumor is in any way legit I would honestly rather just let DeAndre Jordan walk as a free agent next season than trade him for Andre Drummond

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I really want the Warriors to revive Nick Young's career in a Javale McGee-like way. Alternatively he should definitely, definitely sign up to be a third or fourth alpha.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

OzFactor posted:

I really want the Warriors to revive Nick Young's career in a Javale McGee-like way. Alternatively he should definitely, definitely sign up to be a third or fourth alpha.

Did you actually watch Nick Young this season? He's declining his player option because his career was revived by Walton.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Career revived by contract year lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

Career revived by contract year lol

Career revived by not playing under Byron Scott

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Career revived by not playing under Byron Scott

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jota posted:

I have no idea who Sagar Trika is but if that rumor is in any way legit I would honestly rather just let DeAndre Jordan walk as a free agent next season than trade him for Andre Drummond

I'm willing to give Drummond post deviated septum correction a year to prove he can play both offense and defense. But I'd take good Andre (DeAndre) for mediocre Andre (Drummond) one for one, no doubt about it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

euphronius posted:

Tanking ruined the team :qq:
What if there was a N/V quote armageddon? I remember when Process debates used to beak out once a week. Thankfully I always trusted

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spacebump posted:

The season ticket being sold out is impressive. Being sold out every game would be less impressive. Many times pro sports sellouts are fudged numbers or owners buying leftover seats last minute. The Mavs currently have the longest sellout streak in American pro sports. Mavs fans are not the best fans in the NBA.

I used to work at a company connected to sports tickets.

We used to get calls from various teams begging us to buy leftover seats for $1-10 each, hundreds at a time, so they could plausibly keep their sellout streaks alive.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Why would the Spurs move Danny Green to free up salary? Dude is a decent starter making $10 million.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

leftist heap posted:

Why would the Spurs move Danny Green to free up salary? Dude is a decent starter making $10 million.

With Pau taking less money, if they get rid of Danny I believe they have drat near a max to offer

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

most valuable signing of the offseason. 6 foot 4, 500 pounds, unstoppable at the trade deadline

i've been thinking about morey recently actually, the rockets are pretty bereft of Assets that are attractive to a rebuilding team and will need him to nail some of those late draft picks/do more Nene-type signings in order to have anything to trade in the next few years.

Nobody's gonna touch Ryan Anderson on that contract he's on.

Beverley seems to want to be gone which is weird. There's only a handful of teams that he can start on and he probably won't wind up on any of them. He wants an extension, but is any other team more likely than Houston to do that? I would def. trade him but then I wonder what replaces him, do we go out and sign Super Nintendo Chalmers?

I don't really like any of free agents Stein mentioned as a fit on Houston.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Fast Luck posted:

What if there was a N/V quote armageddon? I remember when Process debates used to beak out once a week. Thankfully I always trusted

Man a ton of people were 100% anti process too. When I'm wrong I prefer it to be about moral things of no consequence to me like the double mispronunciation of that guy Abdul Nader's name, so I can empathize with people being against losing on purpose

For the record I was always pro embiid and pro statistics but I wasn't pro having no old crusty veterans at all. They remedied that about 1.5 years in when they signed broken Elton Brand and someone else

chunkles posted:

most valuable signing of the offseason. 6 foot 4, 500 pounds, unstoppable at the trade deadline

i've been thinking about morey recently actually, the rockets are pretty bereft of Assets that are attractive to a rebuilding team and will need him to nail some of those late draft picks/do more Nene-type signings in order to have anything to trade in the next few years.

Nobody's gonna touch Ryan Anderson on that contract he's on.

Beverley seems to want to be gone which is weird. There's only a handful of teams that he can start on and he probably won't wind up on any of them. He wants an extension, but is any other team more likely than Houston to do that? I would def. trade him but then I wonder what replaces him, do we go out and sign Super Nintendo Chalmers?

I don't really like any of free agents Stein mentioned as a fit on Houston.

Man I don't want to jinx you, but you've been making me laugh nonstop for the last month or so. Beverly probably feels underpaid and underappreciated. I think he's very appreciated and he's a very important part of the team. Bobby Brown isn't going to replace him. I'd love to have Beverage Lee him on my team for more money than he's making

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 22, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Will something just happen already!!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Can someone with espn insider post Chad Ford's Last Board

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Carter deserves the Golden State ring.

I don't have any idea what Drummond's real value is because he still hasn't made the baseline effort to like shoot free throws at a middle school level but neither has Deandre so you could probably swap them and both teams would have the same problems.

Spurs shouldn't bounce Danny unless they have a max player lined up who can improve the backcourt considerably. Also are they still gonna have Parked and Manu on contract?

I still hate the process even as it succeeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Libertine posted:

Spurs shouldn't bounce Danny unless they have a max player lined up who can improve the backcourt considerably.

Yes... but who :thunk:

Ugh I'm fixing to talk myself into "CP3 is a Spur, mark it" and I'm only setting myself up for disappointment.

• Locked thread