Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Beelerzebub posted:

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but you may enjoy it anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTIdl-LW5OU

I've been using this as my goto background video series and I am compelled to warn you all that the sequel eventually comes to an abrupt end due to game corruption. The first playlist at least ends in a somewhat satisfying manner so I recommend not getting sucked into the second playlist. That being said I did enjoy it, though I'm probably going to go back to using kazeugma's diablo skeleton necromancer as my background video series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Are there any other Stellaris LPs out there? The current one has we WANTING.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Lay on me some cool atmospheric horror games where the LPer is in the non-blind SA mold rather than the screaming twitch/pewdiepie style.

Assume I've already seen Niggurath, davidspackage and supergreatfriend's stuff. And CannibalK9's The Void.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jun 19, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There was a nice SSLP of the first Ace Attorney a little bit ago. I'm looking for a (SSLP) of the second game.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

bewilderment posted:

Lay on me some cool atmospheric horror games where the LPer is in the non-blind SA mold rather than the screaming twitch/pewdiepie style.

Assume I've already seen Niggurath, davidspackage and supergreatfriend's stuff. And CannibalK9's The Void.
You've probably seen it as well, but Outlast?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

bewilderment posted:

CJacobs just started Silent Hill 1 and he is a good and chill dude.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

bewilderment posted:

Check out Voidburger's back catalogue too, if you're looking for classics and want yet more Silent Hill.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any good TAS with LP style commentary? I've seen TTYD and Majora's Mask, both of which I'd highly recommend.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are there any on-site LPs of Rise of the Tomb raider?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
This isn't an LP exactly, but there's a race tournament of the Link to the Past Randomizer going on and the semi-final race they ran today was pretty awesome as races go. Check it out if you want to see two people play A Link to the Past very quickly and in a weird order.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYPPolAyRV0

The commentary features some annoying Twitch-isms (shouting "chat, are you ready for HYPE CAVE!!", about a pixel man entering a random cave in a 25 year old video game) but it's not too bad and it was a really solid and extremely close race. The players go for completely different paths, which is pretty rare, only to sync up perfectly far later.

For those not familiar with randomizer: it shuffles all of the item locations in Link to the Past in such a way that there's still guaranteed to be a (non-glitched) path through the game. You might think that means races come down to luck, but because there are so many useful items in LttP it's surprisingly rare that the gambles decide everything and the tournament has been remarkably consistent. Luck is still a factor, but it's more about being able to plan and execute a route on the fly with whatever random crap the game gives you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Xerophyte posted:

This isn't an LP exactly, but there's a race tournament of the Link to the Past Randomizer going on and the semi-final race they ran today was pretty awesome as races go. Check it out if you want to see two people play A Link to the Past very quickly and in a weird order.

I don't pay much attention to the race scene but that was absolutely insane, pro watch.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, is there any spiderman video game lps? (Other than the C&I from way back when)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, is there any spiderman video game lps? (Other than the C&I from way back when)

there's a Spider-Man game LP mega thread going on right now

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sorry to have another rec request so soon after, but is there a good (again, no facecam, no screaming, no obnoxious poo poo) informative LP of Bloodborne that would in particular explore the lore? I've only seen slowbeef's blind run which is fun but leaves a lot unanswered.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You might wanna look at Genocyber's. I'm phone posting so I don't have a link on hand and her's was never archived, but they go by LotusGrammarye on YouTube.

E: vvv duly noted!

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 22, 2017

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

You might wanna look at Genocyber's. I'm phone posting so I don't have a link on hand and his was never archived, but they go by LotusGrammarye on YouTube.
Here's the link to her (not his, actually) playlist. The thread's also about somewhere but you'll need archives to read it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Xerophyte posted:

Thanks for the link, this is pretty cool!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'd like a recommendation. Been jonesing for some From Software goodness, so I'd love to see runthroughs of the old King's Field games, but I much prefer a planned playthrough over a blind one. Games like that are slow enough without trial and error. I'll happily tolerate facecams or stream chat or even no commentary as long as the play isn't blind and done relatively well.

Also:

Xerophyte posted:

I'm not a fan of speedrun races normally, but this was a blast to watch, thanks for the share. The fact that they took divergent routes was a big draw. Anyone else who skipped it the first few times someone quoted it, please click, pro watch.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I'd like a good King's Field rec too.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can anyone recommend some entertaining speedrunners on youtube?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I'd like a recommendation. Been jonesing for some From Software goodness, so I'd love to see runthroughs of the old King's Field games, but I much prefer a planned playthrough over a blind one. Games like that are slow enough without trial and error. I'll happily tolerate facecams or stream chat or even no commentary as long as the play isn't blind and done relatively well.

It's not Kings Field, but if you're looking for old school From, ACES CURE PLANES is doing a run through the PS2 Armored Core games. He's already done Armored Core 2 and is about to wrap up Another Age in the next week before moving on to Armored Core 3 later this summer.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
EDIT: Whoops! Wrong thread.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Tuxedo Ted posted:

The Shadow Tower Abyss LP was just restarted and I believe it was mentioned that the LP'er was going to LP I think King's Field 3 after that: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824016

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'd really like an LP of Prey, if there is one. preferably with not a ton of screaming.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sociopastry posted:

I'd really like an LP of Prey, if there is one. preferably with not a ton of screaming.

A Let's Prey, if you will? :v:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Let's Spray

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A Let's Prey, if you will? :v:

Booooooooo

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I was hoping someone could recommend a video LP of Planescape Torment? I know there is Shadow Catboy's but I'm hoping for something that's not a TOTAL LP that covers every square inch of the game. Just something that gives me the need to know stuff.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Planescape: Torment is like, 95% reading.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
You need to know everything. Seriously, it's probably the best-written game of all time, just man up and either do your reading or play it yourself.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone recommend a screenshot-style LP, on-site or off, of a creepy psychological horror game? Something with a good storyline and lots of suspense and mystery as opposed to mainly action.

I haven't actually seen any of the Silent Hills, so those would be fine, too, as long as they fit the bill.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

green chicken feet posted:

Can anyone recommend a screenshot-style LP, on-site or off, of a creepy psychological horror game? Something with a good storyline and lots of suspense and mystery as opposed to mainly action.

I haven't actually seen any of the Silent Hills, so those would be fine, too, as long as they fit the bill.

OFF.

We Know the Devil is a little less horror and more...personal horror, but it's really good.

Blackstone Chronicles isn't a screenshot LP but it is the scariest LP on the archive thanks to its highly disturbing subject matter.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Does anybody know of any good educational LPs that analyze the game from a design/gamedev standpoint?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

StrixNebulosa posted:

OFF.

We Know the Devil is a little less horror and more...personal horror, but it's really good.

Blackstone Chronicles isn't a screenshot LP but it is the scariest LP on the archive thanks to its highly disturbing subject matter.

I think I've already recommended Blackstone Chronicles in this thread, but I'm going to take the opportunity to echo the recommendation here again. That game is the scariest god drat thing out there, and it's one amazing ride from beginning to end. Even if you were looking for screenshot LPs, this is well worth your time, as well as anybody else's time if they're looking for something scary.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Does anybody know of any good educational LPs that analyze the game from a design/gamedev standpoint?
I thought the Cold Fear LP did a pretty good job at showing off the game layout and map design from a developer stand point: https://lparchive.org/Cold-Fear/

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Not an LP, but Loading Ready Run does a stream every Thursday evening Pacific time like this. Here's a YouTube playlist of most of the shows they've done but it's missing some of the early ones and isn't completely caught up yet. The early ones can be found on that YouTube channel, while the more recent ones are still available on Twitch and will be moved to YouTube eventually.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gonna echo OFF as super good. Both the game and the LP.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Extra Credits has a series where they did this with Dark Souls: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvFQJa1XAXzyJzqqz6xxZXyPTLLGvJywC

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

discworld is all I read posted:

I thought the Cold Fear LP did a pretty good job at showing off the game layout and map design from a developer stand point: https://lparchive.org/Cold-Fear/

Almost all of Giragast's stuff is pretty inside baseball like that, but Cold Fear is definitely the apex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Any recommendations for 'informative' and completionist video LP's of Metroidvanias? Smite/Smight's LP of Environmental Station Alpha is a great example of the kind of thing I'm after.