Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's still a waste of time to buy gear, right? Cause the 66 stuff looks nice, but I know the MSQ gives out HQ stuff from time to time. And it's been ages since I got a dungeon.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Conot posted:

Apparently a bit too complex, considering you're talking about the single sen Iaijutsu there :smug:

I'm enjoying Samurai. A bit of a downside to the complexity is that if I'm distracted or don't feel like giving 100% of my attention then the damage potential tanks pretty sharply because I'm no longer perfectly chaining 3-sen combos or keeping the DoT up along with the slashing debuff. Samurai still hits hard without those things, but its definitely a noticeable difference.

Is this a post 62 thing? I can't see any tooltip about it, and my Moon and Cherry combo finishers sometimes fail to give me Kenki, which is frustrating.

e: Also, missing killing a combo fucks me up every time

The level 52 trait adds 5 Kenki for Gekk0 on rear, Kasha on flank, and Yukikaze without a position requirement. The level 62 improved trait adds a flat +5 per combo GCD move (so doing a positional properly gives +10) at which point you feel like you're swimming in endless Kenki.

SAM definitely shits out crazy damage when you're playing optimally and even a little sub-optimally it still feels ridiculously strong.

SonicRulez posted:

It's still a waste of time to buy gear, right? Cause the 66 stuff looks nice, but I know the MSQ gives out HQ stuff from time to time. And it's been ages since I got a dungeon.

Don't buy gear while leveling and playing through the MSQ.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SonicRulez posted:

Don't buy gear for your first class to 70.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SonicRulez posted:

The MSQ started giving my HQ 66 gear at around MSQ 67-68 level requirement.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Can I still do the job quests if I boost a job to 60, or are they just automatically completed?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Note Block posted:

Can I still do the job quests if I boost a job to 60, or are they just automatically completed?

Note Block posted:

Automatically completed

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
pipin should become a scion. like and share if you agree

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Automatically completed

Ah ok, well hopefully I can watch them in the book or something.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

What's wrong with Warriors at 70?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Do PLDs want to pull with Holy Spirit now, or is Shield Lob still a thing? I'm about 1.5 levels from getting it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

nuru posted:

What's wrong with Warriors at 70?

From what I hear, war is now the class that has to work harder to do the same damage as drk and not as much as pld. It also has the least amount of utility now that path has been changed and slashing isn't nearly as valuable anymore since the dps classes that want it now just apply it through their normal rotations,

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah but if you're a paladin you look lame so the tank meta has to be war-drk by default

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

warrior also has no button that shields other party members from taking damage, like both pld and drk do

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
paladins truly are the altar boys of the job system

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do PLDs want to pull with Holy Spirit now, or is Shield Lob still a thing? I'm about 1.5 levels from getting it.

No, it doesn't have an emnity modifier. BUT If you're doing a dps opener though, (offtanking/have a ninja/made the other tank pull) then you want: shield lob > goring blade combo > requiescat into holy spirit spam

Either way, for pulling, you still want to use shieldlob. Holy spirit and requiescat is for when you have full mana. Just remember not to use fight or flight during your holy spam.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

The problem with playing Paladin is that you become an irredeemable dweeb, whereas WAR/DRK are cool as hell, and this game is easy anyway.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So there's no way I'm getting my physical copy of Stormblood before early access cut off. Is there any way S-E could extend that? gently caress their online store so hard, they didn't ship to Canada until Tuesday. With HW they shipped early so I had it before EA ended.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I think it's pretty rad that Paladin has been charging their JO crystals so long (check their questline) that they've become capable of spending their mana on shooting holy nukes at things and outDPSing most pubbies that way

warrior is just more fell cleaves and dark knight is warrior wannabe (while doing up to 40% less DPS than a paladin)

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Holy spirit is basically magic fell cleave (spell cleave), except even better. It's rad as heck.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

The Black Stones posted:

So there's no way I'm getting my physical copy of Stormblood before early access cut off. Is there any way S-E could extend that? gently caress their online store so hard, they didn't ship to Canada until Tuesday. With HW they shipped early so I had it before EA ended.

Early access is already over. Launch was yesterday.

And their online store is pretty consistently terrible if you're shipping to Canada. Doesn't really help but I feel your pain.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

And their online store is pretty consistently terrible if you're shipping to Canada. Doesn't really help but I feel your pain.

The actual "Early Access" period ends on the 23rd, even if the launch has already happened, per the little notice when you log in.

KoB
May 1, 2009

unseenlibrarian posted:

The actual "Early Access" period ends on the 23rd, even if the launch has already happened, per the little notice when you log in.

I think thats for people to know they need to put their SB code in Mog Station, which is different than your early access code.

Kakesu
Nov 4, 2005

ETHICAL.

KoB posted:

I think thats for people to know they need to put their SB code in Mog Station, which is different than your early access code.

Which is what The Black Stones is trying to do, but he doesn't have it yet. Thus, why we're talking about it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

They do suck but Heavensward was here before the early access period ended the last time so I thought this would be the same. Shame on me. Ugh. This is gonna suck.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

KoB posted:

Oh crap. I might be in trouble then.

I preordered SB for PC (physical box) and PS4 digital. before heading to an assignment keeping me from home for a month.

I have my laptop here, sure, but I'm screwed aren't I?

edit: is the collector's edition code an additional code of its own? Could I buy then a digital copy if SB and pass down the SB code from collector's edition when I get back?

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 22, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
so do I level war/drk before pld so that it can be an eye opening experience leveling pld, or should I just wait for a balance pass (which may be as far out as 4.1) to level drk/war and just level PLD for now

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Minrad posted:

so do I level war/drk before pld so that it can be an eye opening experience leveling pld, or should I just wait for a balance pass (which may be as far out as 4.1) to level drk/war and just level PLD for now

Are you gonna try to do Savage Omega when it releases?

If no, play whatever looks coolest. If yes, still play whatever looks coolest.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The tower is extremely good and I hope they do a lot more like it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there any way to see what I would look like in, say, my current gear as a different race? I'm still considering trying female Xaela after yesterday's conversation (and just arriving on the Azim Steppe myself).

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I tried to figure out a theoretical WAR opening rotation/possibly optimal path to getting the gauge you need just before Berserking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uBQrZFdZWy_0oppGx0UDgjudh7aj0XSKejoHvMXzIHQ/edit?usp=sharing

Stuff that still needs to be checked:
- what the optimal rotation is in-between Berserk windows, so you end up at 100 gauge with a Path primed just as Berserk is coming off cooldown while doing the most damage possible.
- when to use Upheaval so it doesn't interfere with the above.
- how the gently caress you transition from Defiance to Deliverance in the first place if you're tanking.

This is just napkin maths so the actual number of GCDs you can fit in to each buff might be different, but this seems to work just looking at the timers on Berserk and Release at 2.44s GCD. It seems like WAR is going to want enough SKS to hit a roughly 2.35s GCD to be able to fit everything in the Berserk+Release burst window. Whether that's worth doing vs. simply losing 100 potency on Upheaval is another thing to figure out.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 22, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

:perfect:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Does anyone know if the 1 million gil for hitting level 30 is once per account like the 15 days, or per character?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

oh so we're just posting spoilers willy-nilly now? :mad:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How is that spoilers

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
They should add Blue Mage as a spellcasting tank whose sets are all big-headed mascot costumes of monsters.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

The chocobo's expression sells it :allears:

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
Blue mage as a tank would actually be really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The new elite mark bills that used to be posted weekly are now posted daily. That gives you a total of 210 seals a day if you do them all, or a little more than 1 grade 6 materia every other day.