Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fast Luck posted:

What if there was a N/V quote armageddon? I remember when Process debates used to beak out once a week. Thankfully I always trusted

Isn't like the whole premise of the process that unless you are one of the 3-4 teams in the league that can win the title you are wasting your time and would be better off in dead last? Seems kinda early to gloat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

wait what?

The Warriors sell out every game and have over 40,000 people on their season ticket waitlist.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Yes... but who :thunk:

Ugh I'm fixing to talk myself into "CP3 is a Spur, mark it" and I'm only setting myself up for disappointment.

hayward would be a good fit i think

maybe trading danny is an additional sweetener to the knicks for king zing

maybe they just want space to sign jsimms, patty, and bring over a new foreign legion :shrug:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Career revived by not playing under Byron Scott

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Dumb question, but would Vince be sort of an Iggy replacement if he was on the dubs? I feel like this is setting the stage for Iggy to walk if he gets a good offer elsewhere.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If you're Philly, wouldn't you rather trade for Danny Green who will make approximately half of what JJ Redick will over the next two seasons?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Dumb question, but would Vince be sort of an Iggy replacement if he was on the dubs? I feel like this is setting the stage for Iggy to walk if he gets a good offer elsewhere.

If Iggy gets a really fat offer, he should walk. But I doubt he will get it. He is a very effective player in limited minutes, but he can no longer start and is on the downside overall.

Shaun Livingston is the one who is going to get a big fat offer, and congrats to him - he deserves it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's sam amico buts it's a slow day so here https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/877678974507286530

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

Can someone with espn insider post Chad Ford's Last Board

1. Markelle Fultz
2. Lonzo Ball
3. Josh Jackson
4. Jayson Tatum
5. Jonathan Isaac
6. De'Aaron Fox
7. Dennis Smith
8. Malik Monk
9. Zach Collins
10. Lauri Markkanen
11. Frank Ntilikina
12. Harry Giles
13. OG Anunoby
14. Donovan Mitchell
15. Luke Kennard
16. John Collins
17. Ike Anigbogu
18. Edrice Adebayo
19. Justin Patton
20. Jarrett Allen
21. Tony Bradley
22. TJ Leaf
23. Terrance Ferguson
24. Anzejs Pasecniks
25. Jonah Bolden
26. Justin Jackson
27. Frank Jackson
28. D.J. Wilson
29. Tyler Lydon
30. Josh Hart

If anyone wants to see the ceiling/floor blurbs for anyone in particular just ask

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

predicto posted:

If Iggy gets a really fat offer, he should walk. But I doubt he will get it. He is a very effective player in limited minutes, but he can no longer start and is on the downside overall.

Shaun Livingston is the one who is going to get a big fat offer, and congrats to him - he deserves it.

That makes sense- I guess I was thinking more where Vince would play in the rotation.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah that sounds like bullshit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

What if there was a N/V quote armageddon? I remember when Process debates used to beak out once a week. Thankfully I always trusted

no need

they know they were wrong

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Please let LMA get traded to the Kings. The greatest gift

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Thank you

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

xbilkis posted:

1. Markelle Fultz
2. Lonzo Ball
3. Josh Jackson
4. Jayson Tatum
5. Jonathan Isaac
6. De'Aaron Fox
7. Dennis Smith
8. Malik Monk
9. Zach Collins
10. Lauri Markkanen
11. Frank Ntilikina
12. Harry Giles
13. OG Anunoby
14. Donovan Mitchell
15. Luke Kennard
16. John Collins
17. Ike Anigbogu
18. Edrice Adebayo
19. Justin Patton
20. Jarrett Allen
21. Tony Bradley
22. TJ Leaf
23. Terrance Ferguson
24. Anzejs Pasecniks
25. Jonah Bolden
26. Justin Jackson
27. Frank Jackson
28. D.J. Wilson
29. Tyler Lydon
30. Josh Hart

If anyone wants to see the ceiling/floor blurbs for anyone in particular just ask

I'm going to be pissed if the Mavs get Collins.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

xbilkis posted:

5. Jonathan Isaac
10. Lauri Markkanen

Is there anything in the article about these choices? Especially with Frank still available at 10, I thought the Kings would definitely grab a PG

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If both Iggy and Livingston leave, that basically just leaves McCaw as the only decent player outside of the core four on contract next season. A lot of the warriors success was because they actually had way better depth than 2016, especially in the Big department.

A lot of their next year success is still going to depend on ring chasers and who they can get with the MLE.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

Would you rather have Lauri or Frank?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Katana_Warrior posted:

Is there anything in the article about these choices? Especially with Frank still available at 10, I thought the Kings would definitely grab a PG

It's not a mock draft it's a draft board

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

predicto posted:

wait what?

The Warriors sell out every game and have over 40,000 people on their season ticket waitlist.

Probably some combination of waiting for current holders to resign before letting people on the list buy in and maybe they just have a smaller number of seats allocated for season ticket holders (more likely to be the first thing though). That'll skew around the numbers a little bit.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pubic works project posted:

There, there friend. It'll be okay.

The trade is going to be Kanter for Green

I'm ok with that. Metapod what's going on with Sam? Is he trying to entice Blake Griffin ho-hahaha....never mind that. This team needs help! HALP

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The big trade has gone down

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/877683818886574080

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Aw man I liked him on the Pelicans and now I can't

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Would you rather have Lauri or Frank?

Frank but only because the Mavs have showed so much interest. I have not seen enough of the players to really have a valid opinion on any of them. Collins being all potential and not being the best big man for his team in the tournament would have me worried.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Down goes Frazier

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

I'm ok with that. Metapod what's going on with Sam? Is he trying to entice Blake Griffin ho-hahaha....never mind that. This team needs help! HALP

If sam is thinking about/discussing a trade we will know about if he pulls the trigger and not a second before

What are you doing new orleans

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I love Tim Frazier and he deserves better than this.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I guess it's dumb to worry about positions with the Warriors, but it seems like they are going to need a PG and bigmen more than a 3. Maybe he'd take Clark's minutes assuming S-dot and Iggy both come back?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Katana_Warrior posted:

It's not a mock

E: whoops beaten

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm sure tickets are selling better for Philly but the "waiting list" stuff is a marketing gimmick. The Bulls have a "waiting list" but if you sign up for it you'll immediately get a call asking to buy tickets. It just makes people think the product is in more demand than it is.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

zelah posted:

I love Tim Frazier and he deserves better than this.

He is going to a home seed playoff team?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The last time I hoped the Spurs did something just for the sake of doing something we got Rich Jeff so I'm a lil scared

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

He is going to a home seed playoff team?

But he won't get to play with Cousins and Davis so why bother

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I guess it's dumb to worry about positions with the Warriors, but it seems like they are going to need a PG and bigmen more than a 3. Maybe he'd take Clark's minutes assuming S-dot and Iggy both come back?

McCaw is probably going to play 10-15 minutes regularly next season. He needs to gain weight, but they were comfortable letting him start at SF against certain teams.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The last time I hoped the Spurs did something just for the sake of doing something we got Rich Jeff so I'm a lil scared

i am convinced the spurs learned from that experience because they havent done anything stupid since

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tim rules, boo Washington

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Why don't you like him? His player profile seems like basically Kenneth Faried with better screens and an actual offensive game

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm watching the 30 for 30 on Celtics/Lakers and lol at Phil Jackson even in the 70s dog whistling with his "fans don't want to see show boats, they want to see teamwork."

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I would feel really bad if they traded Danny Green. He's one of the best defensive twos in the league and I'm pretty sure he'll shoot three pointers well eventually.

I would also feel bad if they traded Aldridge. It seems really lovely to do to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

BWV posted:

I'm watching the 30 for 30 on Celtics/Lakers and lol at Phil Jackson even in the 70s dog whistling with his "fans don't want to see show boats, they want to see teamwork."

To be fair that was kind of those Knicks teams' thing, not just Jackson

• Locked thread