Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
it was me i was whistling for freedom, FREEDOM *blows whistle*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Piss de Bundy posted:

it was me i was whistling for freedom, FREEDOM *blows whistle*

sir that's not a whistle

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THE DREAMERS*who i deported lol* uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlxP0f-FD4&

my whole philosophy about trump is now in this clip.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
He's basically in primary/election mode tonight

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFlxP0f-FD4&

my whole philosophy about trump is now in this clip.

lmao this rules

e- also Fuzzy fair warning you might end up with a Trumpatar posting in this thread

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

theperminator posted:

The KKK being mentioned in a Superman comic and getting mad about it is a bit different to

He didn't literally demolish the KKK, but you're literally a moron.

It wasn't a comic, congrats on coming to the wrong conclusion based on knowing basically nothing.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Superman is real

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
runupon cracker any thoughts on how harry potter relates to the current events of the day

what other pop culture references are meaningful in a geopolitical way

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

Superman is real

The West's overreaction to the idea of Muslim terrorism is proof that something doesn't need to be real to do terrible damage.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Superman is real

he drove the big orange 61.

VikingSkull posted:

lmao this rules

e- also Fuzzy fair warning you might end up with a Trumpatar posting in this thread

lol.

Cumtown is well worth a listen fwiw.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
American Gods went pretty heavy on a lot of social politics.

Anyway Trump is Voldemort I hear

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

runupon cracker posted:

The West's overreaction to the idea of Muslim terrorism is proof that something doesn't need to be real to do terrible damage.

ah yes, Superman and Islamic extremism are totally equatable

what in the actual gently caress

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Judging from this rally, Trump is on track to win 2020.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
What the h*ck

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

runupon cracker posted:

It wasn't a comic, congrats on coming to the wrong conclusion based on knowing basically nothing.

I didn't read it completely after "someone pitched a superman storyline where he uncovers KKK stuff" because I was too busy laughing at the fact that you think Superman is real and that he destroyed the KKK.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

VikingSkull posted:

runupon cracker any thoughts on how harry potter relates to the current events of the day

what other pop culture references are meaningful in a geopolitical way
I was checking other sites last night after D&Ders closed all the special election threads. I forget where I saw it (neogaf maybe?), but I saw someone say that the loss means the Dems are moving from The Force Awakens to Rogue One, lol.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

grrarg posted:

I was checking other sites last night after D&Ders closed all the special election threads. I forget where I saw it (neogaf maybe?), but I saw someone say that the loss means the Dems are moving from The Force Awakens to Rogue One, lol.

I too am prepared to die as the planet crumbles beneath us

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Only accurate time I've ever seen a pop culture reference make sense for politics is the "AMERICANS ARE COWBOYS" trope.

cuz holy poo poo. Trump, Reagan, Teddy Rosevelt, JFK, GHW, LBJ...all of them pulled that poo poo. Even Benjamin Franklin back in the day hammed it up for the French.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

VikingSkull posted:

ah yes, Superman and Islamic extremism are totally equatable

what in the actual gently caress

They both have heat vision

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

fruit on the bottom posted:

They both have heat vision

only one of them can leap over tall buildings though

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why do they keep setting themselves up for disappointment?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

super sweet best pal posted:

Why do they keep setting themselves up for disappointment?

Russia, but his hands are tied

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

VikingSkull posted:

Russia, but his hands are tied

Temba, his arms wide.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

only one of them can leap over tall buildings though

yeah unfortunately islamic extremists don't usually try to go OVER the buildings

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Skypie posted:

Trade skills are good and we should stop treating them like places to dump failures and stupid people. I used to think like that and in high school, I was guilty of viewing the "technical" people as neanderthals too dumb to succeed in a 21st century career.

College isn't really for everyone, and those degrees are rapidly becoming the new high school diploma. Trade schools need to do a lot of image rebranding. At least in terms of agriculture and electrical work, there's a lot of cool technology at play. But we still think of them as careers for dumb rednecks who can only swing hammers.

:ussr:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't know if I'm more shocked I agree with a trumper or disagree with moridin. Well wait

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Some say the whispers of Moridins poo poo posts can be heard to this day

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Much like superman defeated the KKK, pepe the frog defeated hillary. Pro slavery southern democrats have a real hard time fighting fictitious characters designed to appeal to children.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Trump is a loving idiot

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bob NewSCART posted:

Trump is a loving idiot

so

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Bob NewSCART posted:

Trump is a loving idiot

Trump is like Inspector Clouseau, he's a bumbling idiot that gets good results entirely by accident.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

theperminator posted:

Trump is like Inspector Clouseau, he's a bumbling idiot that gets good results entirely by accident.

I was gonna argue that it was funny when Clouseau did dumb stuff but then I remembered I laugh at Trump a lot so carry on

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

theperminator posted:

About those results,

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Teikanmi posted:

About those results,

* Stopped TPP
* Brutally owned Hillary
* Increased NASA funding
* Brought Otto home
* Bombed Syrian airbase after the chemical attack on civilians

And he's still got another 7 and a half years to go

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
What did trump do to bring Otto home, exactly?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

He sent Dennis Rodman with a copy of Art of the Deal

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

One of the joys of management is taking credit for the results generated by your underlings.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
State department said Rodman was unrelated, but it looks like Tillerson was fairly involved so I'll concede the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

theperminator posted:

One of the joys of management is taking credit for the results generated by your underlings.

Right, but I was curious if it was something like some of the auto manufacturing job deals that actually had their roots in prior agreements from before trump took office.

However it looks like Tillerson's state department was pretty hands on with this one.

• Locked thread