Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

What's the over/under on there being create a story stuff in 2k18?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

July 11 Steam Early Access

July 10 in the west, actually.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Taintrunner posted:

What's the over/under on there being create a story stuff in 2k18?
Seems like a long shot but a lot of the "new stuff" they add in year to year are actually things they cut from old versions so it's possible

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I like that HHH shows up to fight Cena in an angle and then doesn't have a match while Cena goes on to beat someone else.

And that fight was the highest rated thing on the show. loving part timers stealing all the heat.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

origin
dead space 3
EU7X-KQV6-AQEE-K5VH-Y6LU
sims 3
26K3-5H4U-3NUG-2ZXU-WGXC
late night
EEVM-YJKK-CLV4-9QAC-A86S
high end loft stuff
9Y9R-834V-NNMG-REWQ-QF47

steam
samorost 2
ZD4MW-Q9Z6N-C6RF0
stanley parable
55TWX-GWNPI-WG68I
the swapper
GZY08-QD74T-CMHCT
vvvvvv
B6H9B-YQELM-KCJY0
world of goo
4YJZF-W5LKR-MGRP0
nuclear throne
IRGQ7-3C9NA-6J5D6
octodad
783G2-HMT60-ZG79Y

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
You mean to post those here boss?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ya

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Nabbed Sims 3 and Late Night. Thanks dude.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Grabbed Dead Space, thanks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I nabbed Stanley then, thanks boss.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
thanks for nuclear throne

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I love this game

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

I love this game

This is one of my favorite little interactions, especially when it's someone who has been pissing me off that gets intimidated.

Since I showed the lovely Mania card, I should note that TNA has completely surpassed WWE in this world and is the #2 promotion after me. They have signed every over WWE guy that I didn't want. Here's the latest show, which was on the same night as Extreme Rules and had much higher attendance and buys.

Big Daddy Yum Yum = BUYS

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sometimes the Total Extreme gods just drop guaranteed money in your lap

My two guys in the running for company figurehead. Figure I'll choose one (that'd be KENTA), put them in some sort of exceptional power-oriented team, and then let it end in incendiary fashion

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This is one of my favorite little interactions, especially when it's someone who has been pissing me off that gets intimidated.

Since I showed the lovely Mania card, I should note that TNA has completely surpassed WWE in this world and is the #2 promotion after me. They have signed every over WWE guy that I didn't want. Here's the latest show, which was on the same night as Extreme Rules and had much higher attendance and buys.

Big Daddy Yum Yum = BUYS

Glad to see the neverending Sheamus/Orton feud can continue in another fed.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

InstantGaming has the WWE 2k18 preorder for $42.11 (Steam version)
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2108-buy-key-steam-wwe-2k18/

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

InstantGaming has the WWE 2k18 preorder for $42.11 (Steam version)
https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2108-buy-key-steam-wwe-2k18/

It would be really cool if the PC version were actually coming out at the same time as the other versions of the game.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

Dev Blog #1: Release Date and Price

Greetings grapple fans! This is Spike Chunsoft company mouthpiece Dave K. I’m sorry for keeping you all in the dark for so long but the suits upstairs have finally cleared me to say what you’ve been waiting to hear:

Fire Pro Wrestling World will hit Steam Early Access on July 10 for $19.99.

Fire Pro Wrestling World takes the classic gameplay engine that earned the series its loyal following and builds upon it with, and this is big, online play and Steam Workshop support to share your custom wrestlers.

“But wait,” you say, “where does the ‘Early Access’ part come in?” While the game is fully-formed, it’s far from complete. We want community input to help us decide where to invest our man hours. What new moves, modes or features do you want to see? Asking is free!

Fire Pro lives on today thanks to the community and I’m counting on your feedback and help in teaching newbies the ropes. Of course, we promise to do our part with tutorial videos and this development blog. Who knows, if I can convince the IT team to let me hijack a computer I might even be able to get director Matsumoto do some streaming.

Check out this post for a sampling of the new content ready for Early Access and check back in the weeks leading up to launch for more details about the Steam Workshop, online matches and maybe even some fresh features.

Until next time, stay strong.

-Dave K

https://fireproworld.com

If I remember right, Dave K is also the guy working on localization and running the Twitter account.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought WWE 2k17 during the Steam sale because I am a bad person

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Anyone have success booking a cruiser division in an overness driven company like WCW?

Same goes for women's divisions in general

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Taintrunner posted:

I bought WWE 2k17 during the Steam sale because I am a bad person

Saaaaaaaaaame. Hope it doesn't suck too bad! 22 bucks wasn't too expensive if it's kinda bad, at least.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

triplexpac posted:

Same goes for women's divisions in general

That one is because the guy who makes the hack rates women low as heck. Kana didn't have anything above a C+ in the TEW game when I pointed it out to Happy.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Senerio posted:

That one is because the guy who makes the hack rates women low as heck. Kana didn't have anything above a C+ in the TEW game when I pointed it out to Happy.

This seems to vary big time mod to mod (+ the random potential things)

In my old game from the previous version, the team of Portia Perez and Christina von Eerie were probably the greatest tag team of all time (any gender) and two of the best workers on earth. That was fun.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
goddammit you stupid calendar hurry the gently caress up and get to the point where i can get steam fire pro and never buy another game again

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

goddammit you stupid calendar hurry the gently caress up and get to the point where i can get steam fire pro and never buy another game again

I wish it was the last word for me, but I really like the aesthetic part of creating characters. I wish they had kept making King of Colosseum games.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm so looking forward to never having to make a real life edit again, just let other people do the work

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is there a good resource for modding PC WWE 2k17? I found a forum that has a lot of tools and stuff but I can't really figure out how to use any of it or really what the limitations on importing characters or whatever are.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

ruh roh

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

also the RNG gods love me because when Adam Cole threw a punch at Nigel McGuinness and got his rear end beat, the resulting fine I threw at him both improved his behavior and made everyone involved happier. Cole was happier than McGuinness that he got fined. I guess maybe he was happy I didn't fire him?

Coming up on my Rumble equivalent - just signed Chris Hero (previously employed as an opener in WWE and let go without a fight) but it turned out he started his time decline at 35 years old, so I'll probably either put him in a starmaker Foley role or stick him with rookies in a tag team. Cole and an up-and-coming dojo graduate are in one such tag team set to go up against the Time Splitters (Cole was my first ace but he's been depushed in favor of the Styles / Generico / Steen trinity) but Shelley broke his drat leg so Tyler Bate's subbing in for him. Set up a brand split (red/black) with the red brand being the sort of Smackdown analogue, no A-level stars but thick with workrate killers. KENTA's dominating on that side and is set to go over Pentagon Dark at the next PPV.

Oh I also poached Paul E. and have him attached at the hip to every low carder I'm pushing. A-rated hype segments for days

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 26, 2017

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Lol, wow, well....would it be worse than Delirious?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

p good

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Eric Bischoff making the same face we are reading this

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Nice. I was going to talk about how awesome that main event sounded, and then I realized it's a real match we'll probably see soon on Smackdown. I guess real life wrestling isn't ALL bad.

I'm doing an angle where two of my top young stars are "evenly matched" and their feud keeps having indecisive finishes. I also had a lot of storyline gently caress finishes in my last show, I hope I'm not turning into WWE.

Ichimonji is 24 and Eliades is 23. I had their first title match end in a double count out at 58 minutes, and now the 60 minute draw. I'm sure in real life there's a high chance people would poo poo on this, but whatever, they were both A rated matches in a performance fed, so clearly it's the Okada/Omega of the year 2027. It's building up to a NO TIME LIMIT MATCH!!! at the next pay per view.

I didn't really want to do the double count out in the tag title match on top of that, but I'd been building up Tyler Black and Adam Cole turning heel by destroying all 4 people for months. They've been my top faces for years and it felt stale as hell to me. I was also curious how hosed up things would get if I turned my figurehead into the top heel. We'll see! (And yes, Rowdy Burgers is Ronda Rousey + Cheeseburger, the ultimate tag team)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like a New World Order is coming to Honor

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Nice. I was going to talk about how awesome that main event sounded, and then I realized it's a real match we'll probably see soon on Smackdown. I guess real life wrestling isn't ALL bad.

I'm doing an angle where two of my top young stars are "evenly matched" and their feud keeps having indecisive finishes. I also had a lot of storyline gently caress finishes in my last show, I hope I'm not turning into WWE.

Ichimonji is 24 and Eliades is 23. I had their first title match end in a double count out at 58 minutes, and now the 60 minute draw. I'm sure in real life there's a high chance people would poo poo on this, but whatever, they were both A rated matches in a performance fed, so clearly it's the Okada/Omega of the year 2027. It's building up to a NO TIME LIMIT MATCH!!! at the next pay per view.

I didn't really want to do the double count out in the tag title match on top of that, but I'd been building up Tyler Black and Adam Cole turning heel by destroying all 4 people for months. They've been my top faces for years and it felt stale as hell to me. I was also curious how hosed up things would get if I turned my figurehead into the top heel. We'll see! (And yes, Rowdy Burgers is Ronda Rousey + Cheeseburger, the ultimate tag team)
I kind of rationalize my booking by reminding myself that when seen from a distance, wrestling is like Taco Bell in that it's a small amount of ingredients reused endlessly. I've gotten consistently positive results by booking every feud like it's Hulk / Warrior - if you're in a feud, you never ever come out of an angle or match looking bad. Even interference rarely results in a guy losing. You need a huge roster, though, to keep your chosen guys on winning streaks.

TBH I'm cheating a bit bc the old school "put over your opponent" promos and constant tense staredowns would get very old very quickly irl, but they help ensure that no one ends up with a momentum hit at the end of a storyline.

I actually haven't been able to play TEW for myself until this game, mainly because freestyle angles let me map out shows in my head without having to constantly tailor and search for angles from a list.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

I kind of rationalize my booking by reminding myself that when seen from a distance, wrestling is like Taco Bell in that it's a small amount of ingredients reused endlessly. I've gotten consistently positive results by booking every feud like it's Hulk / Warrior - if you're in a feud, you never ever come out of an angle or match looking bad. Even interference rarely results in a guy losing. You need a huge roster, though, to keep your chosen guys on winning streaks.

TBH I'm cheating a bit bc the old school "put over your opponent" promos and constant tense staredowns would get very old very quickly irl, but they help ensure that no one ends up with a momentum hit at the end of a storyline.

I actually haven't been able to play TEW for myself until this game, mainly because freestyle angles let me map out shows in my head without having to constantly tailor and search for angles from a list.

Oh definitely, that's pretty much how I do it too. My wins/losses are very old school.

Ichimonji is 15-1 this year, Eliades 14-3, my tag champs are 15-1. Then you've got the jobbers to the stars sitting around 9-6, 10-7, and so on, then down lower on the card you've got a bunch of 4-12, 3-13. I feel like this makes upsets mean a lot more. And it avoids the top guys having to lose to each other constantly in those 50/50 programs.

I do also just use generic angles and pretend what I have in my head is actually happening. Backstage Brawl 1 v 1 and the various generic promos are my bread and butter.

edit: and as far as huge rosters go I have 78 active wrestlers holy poo poo I need to fire a bunch of people

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There were actually always "free flowing" angles as an option in TEW but a lot of people didn't realize that since the default was those set angles and you had to choose "unchained".

Oddly I'm kind of the opposite. I mean, I like being able to just "write" an angle and do whatever I want when I have an idea of what I want but I used to use those pre-done angles and storylines on my lower card to give people ready made stories to keep them occupied when I wasn't that focused on them. Like, I'd run an entire B Show of just pre-made stories and then shift the ones who get over to my A show.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ichimonji is 15-1 this year, Eliades 14-3, my tag champs are 15-1. Then you've got the jobbers to the stars sitting around 9-6, 10-7, and so on, then down lower on the card you've got a bunch of 4-12, 3-13. I feel like this makes upsets mean a lot more. And it avoids the top guys having to lose to each other constantly in those 50/50 programs.

This makes me want to make a Sumo fed in TEW.

Or World of MMA.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

So is it BCG or BCW??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Do you envision Ryback Reeves opening a grapplefuck fed