Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

PC got an update:

quote:

• Fixes an issue where the leaderboard only shows until the 97th rank and players can't jump to their own ranking.
  • Fixes an issue where players can't resume the game after minimizing the app's Window.
  • Updates the matching version to ensure hackers will not be matched with legit users anymore.
  • Fixes Nina's Ivory Cutter, Eddy's rage arts and Miguel's power crash move.
  • Fixes an issue where sometimes both controls are assigned to 1P in VERSUS battle.
  • Fixes an issue where the keyboard becomes unresponsive after reconnecting USB devices.
  • Fixes issues where customized Kazuya's 3D model partially disappears.

They didn't reapply the matchmaking changes, but the alt-tab fix is something at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
If the alt-tab issue is really fixed that's a loving godsend.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Mondian posted:

Yeah, pretty much anything snake edgeish. Just a low and slow juggle starter. My current procedural goal is already "stop walking into those you idiot," but the problem is compounded by not being familiar with like half the roster so I'm slowly learning to recognize their strings too. Also I've been avoiding my old mains and trying to give King a go instead. I always liked his style, but never really went for it. I'm getting the feeling it might not be the best idea, however, as it feels like he requires a lot more patience and precision. I'm having a lot of trouble keeping up pressure or getting out of sticky situations like I could with other characters.

As with all fighting games, as long as you're having fun and learning then you're not really wasting your time. (relatively speaking of course.)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jmcrofts posted:

Reminder: tonight from 7-10 EST I'm running online tournament mode on stream :siren:and this time it's on PC version!:siren: Stream is on my YT channel, show up in chat if you wanna play!

http://youtube.com/jmcrofts

noob friendly? this is my first tekken game and I'm still learning.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

noob friendly? this is my first tekken game and I'm still learning.

For sure, usually we get a pretty good variety of skill levels, and it's double elim so everyone gets a chance to play at least 2 matches.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

As with all fighting games, as long as you're having fun and learning then you're not really wasting your time. (relatively speaking of course.)

Of course, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't enjoy it, but at some point efficiency needs to come into play. I'm no longer 12 years old with the luxury of playing Tekken 8 hours a day every day of the summer. I mean, that $200k world tour prize pool is tempting, but I think it'd be ambitious to quit my day job just yet.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Online tournament stream time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEjLAqPh-3E

If you wanna join the tourney join this group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chillbats

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Off the top of anyones heads does anyone know any particular big/good moves that are plus on block? I am slowllyy going through frame data but everyone has so many goddamn moves. I had my mind blown earlier today when I learned Jin's ff3 is a plus on block mid hitting launcher.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Jmcrofts posted:

Great tournaments! I'm the lee player from tournament 3, I had a blast. I haven't played much against a variety of players so getting exposed to other players in a setting where people are really hungry for wins was pretty great.

Lee is tough in the execution department (I think I dropped almost every opportunity I had on the floor) and resources on him are few and far inbetween, it seems like anyone that plays him is a veteran going back to TTT and nothing is dumbed down so it's been a bit of a learning curve

pretty soft girl fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 22, 2017

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

pretty soft girl posted:

Great tournaments! I'm the lee player from tournament 3, I had a blast. I haven't played much against a variety of players so getting exposed to other players in a setting where people are really hungry for wins was pretty great.

Lee is tough in the execution department (I think I dropped almost every opportunity I had on the floor) and resources on him are few and far inbetween, it seems like anyone that plays him is a veteran going back to TTT2 and nothing is dumbed down so it's been a bit of a learning curve

I want to play Violet just because of the rage art.

"Excellent!"

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

Tournament was fun, except for whatever reason none of my binds stuck. So I was in round one with King and default setup A and got clobbered. Only reason I switched to Paul was vague memories of T3 and knowing I could maybe do something and only really have to push like 3 buttons. You may have noticed I dropped like every single combo real early because I had no idea what to do so I just tried to poke it out and land the odd phoenix smasher. Is the bind thing supposed to happen? After the tourney I went straight to setup and it showed my custom binds just fine.

Anyway you should just do these for pc every week because its great.

pretty soft girl posted:

Lee is tough in the execution department (I think I dropped almost every opportunity I had on the floor) and resources on him are few and far inbetween, it seems like anyone that plays him is a veteran going back to TTT2 and nothing is dumbed down so it's been a bit of a learning curve

Your Lee was a joy to watch.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Mondian posted:

Anyway you should just do these for pc every week because its great.

No

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I activate genei jin before every tournament and it works out pretty well for me

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Jmcrofts stop perfecting me in round five

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I feel like I really messed up by buying the PS4 version of this game. Maybe I can sell my copy for a decent price; I haven't used my Eliza code yet.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Canadian posted:

Off the top of anyones heads does anyone know any particular big/good moves that are plus on block? I am slowllyy going through frame data but everyone has so many goddamn moves. I had my mind blown earlier today when I learned Jin's ff3 is a plus on block mid hitting launcher.

Leo fff3 and BOK 3 are + a few frames

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

Those tournaments were a lot of fun, so thanks for setting them up Jmcrofts! Watching your Kazumi play helped me see some things I can do to mix up my game plan for the future.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks guys and thanks everyone else who joined in, it was a lot of fun. Here's a highlight vid including the best moment of my life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m_W-PLSsPw

Link to the full archives is in the description if anyone wants that too

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://i.imgur.com/3sraTxQ.mp4

I love the magical tiger mom

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
How are you supposed to do that kazuya hellsweep into heavens gate move when in devil form?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

http://i.imgur.com/3sraTxQ.mp4

I love the magical tiger mom

gently caress is this bad combo son

i mean it sure looks dope but you could've gotten way more damage out of a raw df2

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
kazumi d/f+2, df+1, df+1, b,f+2,1,4, dash f+3~4~2

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm tentative about new characters because I fear change, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to step back with Nina for a bit because I still can't get iws+1 down at the level I really need to.

Kazumi seems pretty interesting, and has Mishima style moves so I'm thinking of picking her up. Nina's been my go to since Tekken 1, but I haven't played much online, mostly against the same group of people who I can decimate because I know how they play - it's a bit harder online. Is she pretty decent?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

kazumi d/f+2, df+1, df+1, b,f+2,1,4, dash f+3~4~2

I'm yet again separated from T7 but couldn't you do a f3~2 (df1) bf214 bf21,1+2 or something like that too?

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
The last hit probably won't reach. d/f+2 does two hits due to the tiger, so it's hard to do long combos off of it, and b,f+2,1,1+2 has kind of short reach on the last hit. But maybe, I can't test right now either.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

I'm yet again separated from T7 but couldn't you do a f3~2 (df1) bf214 bf21,1+2 or something like that too?

yes but im pretty sure the combo i listed does more damage. i dont really gently caress with bf214~bf21,1+2 because it is poo poo to do if the spacing is just a little off

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Evil Canadian posted:

Alisa WR2. I don't think you can combo off of it (don't hold me to that, I'm bad and don't know poo poo), but it's big damage and +4 on block. Alternating between it and WR3,4 is her trademark mixup.

e: check out this mating dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vytkEyLd_ts

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 22, 2017

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Kazumi d/f+2 doesn't seem like it's actually a very good or useful move in general other than being really cool

edit: Actually I guess the range is pretty good but it doesn't do an enormous amount of damage and also it's very unsafe and not terribly fast

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleAmazingPandaPhilosoraptor

Love slowmo

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Love slowmo, hate the way commentators just start screaming every time it happens ever

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I can't stop switching up characters everytime I pick up the game again. I think the next character I want to mess around with is Eliza.

Something about her foot dive combos seems kind of fun, even if the execution is a little crazy on them.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I can't stop switching up characters everytime I pick up the game again. I think the next character I want to mess around with is Eliza.

Something about her foot dive combos seems kind of fun, even if the execution is a little crazy on them.

Having the same problem you are. Eliza's on the list, but Shaheen's basic rear end combo is super easy and looks flashy so he's who I am going to try first.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

DoubleDonut posted:

Kazumi d/f+2 doesn't seem like it's actually a very good or useful move in general other than being really cool

edit: Actually I guess the range is pretty good but it doesn't do an enormous amount of damage and also it's very unsafe and not terribly fast

It high crushes

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Guys I'm not gonna lie, out of all the Tekken jargon I hate high/low crush the most.

What's a high crush? Oh yeah, it's a low profile.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

Guys I'm not gonna lie, out of all the Tekken jargon I hate high/low crush the most.

What's a high crush? Oh yeah, it's a low profile.

I think they pretty effectively communicate the properties of a move. Like what specifically does low profile mean? It's ambiguous. A high crush does exactly what it says - it beats all high attacks.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Isn't crush a flagged property? As in it will just give immunity to that attack type, rather than being a hitbox based interaction like a low profile. There's no "midcrush" move but attacks will go around mids based on hitboxes. So it's kinda both systems going on and worth differentiating from the hitbox based "low profile"

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ixiggle posted:

Isn't crush a flagged property? As in it will just give immunity to that attack type, rather than being a hitbox based interaction like a low profile. There's no "midcrush" move but attacks will go around mids based on hitboxes. So it's kinda both systems going on and worth differentiating from the hitbox based "low profile"

Yeah stuff like Josie's butterfly edge will sometimes avoid mids due to hitbox interactions, but since it's a low crush it's I believe it's specifically coded to be invincible to lows. Someone who knows more about Tekken than me can probably phrase that better.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I know there's some low crush moves that can beat the occasional mid so there are some hurt box shenanigans too.

Anyways I get that it kinda makes sense but it's just a peeve of mine coming from 2D fighters cause it reverses the terminology.

E:jmcrofts is smarter and quicker than me

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
In other languages it's tech jump/tech crouch if that makes you feel better.