Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Have you guys considered not interacting with that troll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

We've got 10 months to burn, what else are we gonna do with our time?

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

it's really critical that they don't disrupt the part of the story where the spooky words DIRECTED BY VINCE GILLIGAN appear out of the black new mexico night

This is what you call false equivalency with a flavor of willful ignorance, folks.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

whalesteak posted:

We've got 10 months to burn, what else are we gonna do with our time?

It's not getting renewed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Chuck's suicide I imagine will be what causes Jimmy to change his name and leave that "era" behind him permanently. I still can't believe how upset I got at their final conversation :gonk:

Imagine telling yourself like 8 episodes into Season 1 that Howard would be one of the most redeeming, upstanding individuals on the entire show. Howard is a good man.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

echronorian posted:

It's not getting renewed

BCS's ratings are declining with each season. What if they pulled the plug?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Netflix would pick it up in half a second.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Is there any way Jimmy, being Chuck's next of kin, could make a grab for the rest of the payout money?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Is there any way Jimmy, being Chuck's next of kin, could make a grab for the rest of the payout money?

I would put dollars to donuts this is going to be a big focus of the first part of S4.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm watching through Deadwood now and have discovered that it is not Skyler the characters fault people hate her, it's Anna Gunn's fault for being loving annoying and terrible

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

echronorian posted:

It's not getting renewed

Could someone give me that number again

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Without Better Call Saul, AMC is really just left with The Walking Dead. They have Halt & Catch Fire too but by all accounts season 4 is the last.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Help Im Alive posted:

Could someone give me that number again

It would ruin the artistic integrity of the thread.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

If you didn't know who he turns into, on its own Kim and Jimmy's last scene would work well for a series finale

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

beep by grandpa posted:

Chuck's suicide I imagine will be what causes Jimmy to change his name and leave that "era" behind him permanently. I still can't believe how upset I got at their final conversation :gonk:

Imagine telling yourself like 8 episodes into Season 1 that Howard would be one of the most redeeming, upstanding individuals on the entire show. Howard is a good man.

There was a really good contrast between Howard in the first episode being painted as an rear end in a top hat because he was talking Chuck out of retiring so he wouldn't bankrupt the firm and Howard in this latest episode, where he tried to talk Chuck into unofficially retiring for Chuck's sake and then gave him the money out of his own pocket so he wouldn't bankrupt the firm. If this is also Howard's last episode or he stops appearing soon, his last scenes bookend his character well.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I have a feeling that Jimmy's transformation will be abrupt, like a mid-life crisis. Would contrast well with his meandering with being a good person for the entire series. Chuck haunts me from beyond the grave?—POW I'm Saul Goodman, I became a sassy lawyer that doesn't give a poo poo anymore as a defense mechanism for my depressing life. I like winning and massage chairs.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Oh god right above you

There's two dipshits

Wow you're really good at identifying people who think hosed up bullshit. Thank you. Hell what that guy was saying would almost be funny if it wasn't so drat true in terms of what he really thinks.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't know, but it really ruins my immersion when random names get flashed in succession. What does this Peter Gould guy have to do with the plot, anyway?

Good lord? THIS messes up your immersion? That's called the credits dude... like... holy poo poo? Have you ever even seen a TV show?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure everyone other than the first person is joking about this. I don't know though... hard to tell.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow you're really good at identifying people who think hosed up bullshit. Thank you. Hell what that guy was saying would almost be funny if it wasn't so drat true in terms of what he really thinks.

I didn't mean to trigger you.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Holy gently caress, whatever side of the argument you're on

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Season 4 has to happen because they need to address Saul's multiple wives with a trademark Gilligan montage.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

RedSpider posted:

I dont give a crap about you and was not speaking to or about you. Good bye.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I thought this season was the poo poo, personally

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

RedSpider posted:

strikingly original iconoclast over here, look out job-havers, the new wisdom's in town

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Konstantin posted:

Netflix would pick it up in half a second.

Yeah, I agree with this. If they bothered to take "The Killing" off of AMC's zombie-infested hands, they'll take BCS immediately. And I liked The Killing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Would AMC actually let them have the rights though? I imagine it's a property they'd want to protect, even if they're not interested in producing it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Would AMC actually let them have the rights though? I imagine it's a property they'd want to protect, even if they're not interested in producing it.

I think the rights are actually owned by Sony.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RedSpider posted:

This is what you call false equivalency with a flavor of willful ignorance, folks.

I bought you a similar avatar but someone changed it to this lmao.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Can we spend the off season arguing about which Monty python movie it was?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SeXReX posted:

Can we spend the off season arguing about which Monty python movie it was?

Jimmy called it classic right? Gotta be Holy Grail

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Idk jimmy kinda seems like he might be a life of Brian kinda guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

vermin posted:

We need to combine Married With Children with Breaking Bad

That's right Peggy. I'm the head honcho. The big enchilada. The one who knocks.

Gus: Walter, do you really want to cross me, my entire organization AND the deadly Mexican Cartel that backs me?
Walt (grinning and nodding slowly): Let's rock.
Crowd hoots and hollers for 10 minutes

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sagebrush posted:

No, Chuck forced Hamlin's hand. Chuck was going to ruin the company (suing the firm that provides malpractice insurance for a hundred employees, after he demonstrated his own incompetence in front of the bar association? Seriously? Any decent lawyer knows when to fight and when they've been beaten) out of personal pride, believing that he couldn't possibly have lost his edge. Right up to the end, Chuck kept insisting that everything he was doing was For The Firm, when it's obvious that the right thing for the firm was for Chuck to retire as an honored partner and become a law professor. When Chuck threatens to sue HHM as well, Hamlin does the only thing he can still do to protect the firm, which is buy Chuck out from his own pocket. Hamlin couldn't even make a case of "this isn't about you, you're just sick" because Chuck continuously insists that he's fine.

So, Chuck is basically Walter White.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Not just basically, literally

We'll find out he represented the college that didn't provide the proper hoods for Walters lab in a suit they won to avoid having to do so, making him Heisenberg's dad.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

First shot of the new season is chuck's house ablaze, smash cut to walt grabbing the paper and taking in a deep breath of morning smoke air.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Aren't they in New Mexico or something? Just buy a gun in some wallmart and end it properly. Or ask Mike to get a gun that apparently looks like a hernia.

Jesus, Charles isn't even good at dying.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
He's not dead. That's the point

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Most likely not, but Irene might be. She might be part time firefighter and die on duty while trying to save him, being still distressed over the whole Jimmy situation, even with her girls back on her side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PostNouveau posted:

Jimmy called it classic right? Gotta be Holy Grail

While that is pretty much #1, I'd say at this point, anything Monty Python related is considered classic by fans of comedy.

I mean, even their bad skits are not actually that bad.

Nobnob posted:

Most likely not, but Irene might be. She might be part time firefighter

Hahaha, this got a genuine laugh out of me, holy poo poo.

• Locked thread