Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

If I'm going after people in a cabin I block in case I go round a corner and they try to shoot me with a flare.

Can't block shotguns though.

Yeah, I forgot about shotguns when I posted that. Those work, but literally nothing else does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This game had a typical outcome for a Duster Jason round. What sets it apart is that a few people spent more than 10 minutes trying to get out in the four-seater. Also, Duster manages to grab someone out of the drivers seat from the passenger side.

The Little Engine That Couldn't

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm so bad at this game but I love it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
when is holding your breath worth it? it doesn't seem to last long enough to make it a good idea because whenever you let go of the button you loudly gasp. if Jason spends any length of time in the house looking for you he's gonna hear you gasp eventually. actually when is hiding ever worth it at all?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

when is holding your breath worth it? it doesn't seem to last long enough to make it a good idea because whenever you let go of the button you loudly gasp. if Jason spends any length of time in the house looking for you he's gonna hear you gasp eventually. actually when is hiding ever worth it at all?

It seems to work best if someone else is in the cabin with you. Hold your breath when he's in the same room as you and hope that the other person runs out of the cabin and leads him away. If you're by yourself it's often better to jump out of your hiding spot and try to run when he gets close.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

Every pun has to be a variant of "ice to meet you" just because it makes no loving sense and Jason just gets confused.

"Pan to meet you"
"Bat to meet you"
"Stick to argh gently caress it he's got me run"

I will forever use the 1984 reference when I use the boot stamp kill as Jason.

Imagine a boot, stomping on your face. Forever. :kheldragar:

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Just got a rare Adrenaline Rush perk. 17% increase in stamina boost after escaping a grab, but -3% stamina regeneration. That seems like a lovely trade-off. Am I missing something, or is this just a lovely perk all around?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I got one of those yesterday and immediately sold it because it seemed awful. I could see some situations where it would be useful but it didn't seem worth slotting when there are much better perks.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 22, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jetamo posted:

I will forever use the 1984 reference when I use the boot stamp kill as Jason.

Imagine a boot, stomping on your face. Forever. :kheldragar:

That's the flavor text when you purchase the boot kill.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

cerebral posted:

Just got a rare Adrenaline Rush perk. 17% increase in stamina boost after escaping a grab, but -3% stamina regeneration. That seems like a lovely trade-off. Am I missing something, or is this just a lovely perk all around?

it's bad op

Gay Horney posted:

if you're playing a low-composure character, holding your breath is a desperation attempt to make your character shut the gently caress up when you see Jason near your hiding spot. in practice, the best thing you can hope for is for jason to guess at a hiding place you're NOT currently in, which will give you enough time to pop out and start running.

if you're high composure you only need to use it if you're already super scared.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Somberbrero posted:

That's the flavor text when you purchase the boot kill.

Yes it is, and I will keep on using it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just had a Savini Jason tip me out of the boat like 14 times in a row before giving up.

No idea if he sucks or SJ is just that slow, but I was howling that I could 180 and hit X before he could grab me that many drat times.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Those matches when you're Buggzy, come face to face with Jason and win out three different times, call the cops and sneak to the correct exit all without taking damage. :whatup:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

they released an official 'music video' for the retro jason chiptune thing, if for some reason anyone hasn't seen how he looks in-game yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxKwn0czZgA

could probably stick it in the OP since it might be a selling point for some people

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jason isn't amused by your bullshit science experiments Burk.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So, Science Camp 2.0 was an overwhelming success. Findings will be included later.

Fight Club Camp was also a success, in proving how poo poo shotguns are.

Also Leprechadancers are too OP please nerf

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Sorry to whoever sent the invite tonight. I was heading out for the night.

In other news I love being Chad and this game rules. Was trying to chad out with the 4 seater while Jason was chasing the other councilors around a cabin. Then all this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3nkQ2j-LA

My favorite thing was the other player who was the leather jacket guy was all about staying in character and was playing off my insults about his jacket.

Please excuse my mic clipping, need to get obs to limit for my stupid laugh.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Story time, since I hosed up saving the video.

I piss off a Jason at Higgins House. He chases me around and through twice. I go upstairs to the hidey corner to get stamina back. He comes in and I run out. He follows me for another lap. This time I hide in the room by the stairs with a window on ground floor. As he's breaking closets and beds, I hear my group say they've got the car started. I tell them I'll keep Jason busy.

So my next move is running to Higgins camp. He shows up outside. The car is long gone. I'm now final girl.

For the next 7 minutes Jason and I are occupying the same long cabin (the kind with lots of cots and a central hallway. He breaks every god drat bed and closet and hallway divider wall, and I'm always just around a corner of an open but unbroken door. For 7 drat minutes I have to hold my laughter as Nintendo Jason keeps going outside​ to hit sense only for me to still light it up red.

Unfortunately, with 2 minutes left he got smart and jogged around a corner as I tripped. He got me, but the lobby exploded in cheers from people who couldn't believe that poo poo worked.

I'm devastated to learn that the ps4 dropped the recording when I went to the main menu.

But, I did save my adventure in having infinitely more patience than Jason as we fought over a boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-eUom5kr8c

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jetamo Saves the Night

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lucky Leprechad wins the day again!

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 22, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

This was so hilarious I had to keep turning my mic off so other people could talk while I was laughing. It really sucks that no one can hear you. If you're using OBS go to Audio Settings and add your mic to Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 22, 2017

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Yeah that was an oversight on my part, I fixed it for future recordings.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kelp Plankton posted:

they released an official 'music video' for the retro jason chiptune thing, if for some reason anyone hasn't seen how he looks in-game yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxKwn0czZgA

could probably stick it in the OP since it might be a selling point for some people

Yeah I should probably update that thing some time.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
OP updated with current info. Are there any broken images for anyone? They all work for me - but sometimes they need to be re-hosted for 100% goon visibility.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I was in a pubbie game last night where I ran Jason all over the map (as Adam of course) for 12 minutes, and all 6 of the other survivors cruised easily over to the cops without ever even having to see Jason once. Nobody thanked me or anything :( I went to find a new lobby after that, they didn't deserve my Adam!

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Just had a great pubby game that started rough, but ended with me as NES Jason taking down everyone + Tommy Jarvis. Traps and morphing really take care of just about anything you go up against as Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Traps and morphing really take care of just about anything you go up against as Jason.

There is a Jason just for you, then!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Xbox is weird atm because even though they've fixed the quickmatch system it's still hard to find a game because EVERYONE is still using the group system. Hahaha.

Screw that though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So, as mentioned, another session of Science Camp took place last night. We never did get to see what the spread on the shotgun is like, but we did try out the car again, as well as a twist on the car.

We attempted and failed to do the boat test, because it took three tries for the boat to loving spawn, and when it did, the propeller decided it wasn't going to spawn. C'est La Vie

So first and foremost, we discovered that the car can, in fact, run over every single counselor in a row without stopping. Last time Jason must have been too close to Adam player and saved his life. But there is an important caveat to this. If you are caught in a bear trap, either Jason or survivor variant, the car will not kill you. You will warp ontop of the car and become fused there until Jason hits the car making the car kill you.

It's a whole thing.

I also did a minor experiment with a Weekly Jason to see if you guard as Jason, when the sweater is used on you, does it save you. The answer appears to be yes. He was stunned, but when I hit him he did not go to his knees. But I'm not completely convinced on this yet, I'm not sure how reliable that will be for Jason survival.

We also discovered that it's near impossible to kill another player with a loving pan or a pot. Or a wooden board. But that was Fight Club Camp, we don't talk about Fight Club Camp.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
You guys think there's a chance of this game going on sale today?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Skoll posted:

I have no idea. If I could bet on it I would bet against it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

Doubt it, they were already charging less than the usual full price for a game and it's only been out a month. You'll probably have to wait till Christmas, and who knows if there will still be people playing by then. Right now I'm pretty optimistic about it but we have a long way to go before December.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
October 13th falls on a Friday this year

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ugh. I want this loving game, but adulting, etc.

I will continue to live vicariously through you fucks.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

Doubt it, they were already charging less than the usual full price for a game and it's only been out a month. You'll probably have to wait till Christmas, and who knows if there will still be people playing by then. Right now I'm pretty optimistic about it but we have a long way to go before December.

They are going to knock 10 bucks off this October Friday the 13th. That's the other bet I would make.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
$13 off

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Phyresis posted:

October 13th falls on a Friday this year

lol if you hadn't already looked this up for the purposes of this game

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I legit expected them to wait until Oct 13th to release it.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this needs to be added to the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Yeah. I want to change my bet.

• Locked thread