Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Even if you are just mining in Frigate, you will make a lot more mining Arkanor then you will Veldspar.

This is wrong. High-ends don't sell for dick. They're also huge at 16m3 per unitwhich means your wimpy 64m3 Mining Laser II will only pull 4 units per cycle. Lower end minerals have more refined minerals per m3 than high end stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

This is wrong. High-ends don't sell for dick. They're also huge at 16m3 per unitwhich means your wimpy 64m3 Mining Laser II will only pull 4 units per cycle. Lower end minerals have more refined minerals per m3 than high end stuff.

:shrug:
Maybe the prices have changed since I last played. My Alpha status prevents me from taking out the old mining barge. I found its best to "mine" the belt rats anyway, you get more minerals from the refined loot and the bounties/salvage on top.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When I was a pathetic newbee (all of a month ago) and hadn't discovered how much of a cash cow salvaging was, I made what were for me at the time big bucks mining gneiss in goon space. 3-4mil an hour with minimal effort in my Venture with really basic skills. I got killed occasionally because I was stupid and didn't know how to pay attention to local and Intel channels, but it hardly mattered because a fully fitted Venture is dirt cheap.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 22, 2017

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Rutibex posted:

:shrug:
Maybe the prices have changed since I last played. My Alpha status prevents me from taking out the old mining barge. I found its best to "mine" the belt rats anyway, you get more minerals from the refined loot and the bounties/salvage on top.

Here's a table with the value per m3.

https://ore.cerlestes.de/index.html#site:ore

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

But this chart says mining Arkonor is more than twice as valuable per M^3 than Veldspar? :confused:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

But this chart says mining Arkonor is more than twice as valuable per M^3 than Veldspar? :confused:

I think it has more to do with the layout of refined minerals in the rocks. Arkonor isn't good for anything but some trit, and mostly megacyte, which iirc megacyte isn't needed in massive quantities in manufacturing. By that table, Mercoxit is the most valuable most worthwhile thing to mine, yet in reality, it is a huge annoyance and people pay other people to mine that poo poo to kill belts becuse Morphite isn't needed in large amounts and it's not worth mining on a large scale.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Orange I feel like you are working from out of date info on rocks or something. Highends became the most valuable when they rebalanced them to include piles of trit and poo poo such that nullsec anoms had a vaguely balanced output. (can't be self-sufficient if you have to import veld from empire.)

Ark is the most valuable ABC because it has mexallon, and mex has been the bottlenecked mineral since rorqs started eating entire anoms in giant bites.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

Orange I feel like you are working from out of date info on rocks or something. Highends became the most valuable when they rebalanced them to include piles of trit and poo poo such that nullsec anoms had a vaguely balanced output. (can't be self-sufficient if you have to import veld from empire.)

Ark is the most valuable ABC because it has mexallon, and mex has been the bottlenecked mineral since rorqs started eating entire anoms in giant bites.

My last information from rock munching was when I did it like 6 years ago in highsec like a complete retard. Though I was definitely still positive that Arkonor still wasn't the most valuable highend and that lowends still bottlenecked poo poo. Good thing I don't mine then!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I've found it a lot safer than anywhere else

Goon posts about how he's getting in cool fights, second goon posts "Oh hey join the swarm you can totally coddle up". Compared to the past where we'd say things like "Yeah jump into the deep end with us and you'll be a better player and maybe kill people too."

I don't understand this new swarm at all.

Welp that's my shitpost from a salty veteran post for the day, someone poke me when we are in a war that doesn't look like two autism babies crying in opposite corners from eachother while screeching about how much they mined today. Thanks and godbless.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Goon posts about how he's getting in cool fights, second goon posts "Oh hey join the swarm you can totally coddle up". Compared to the past where we'd say things like "Yeah jump into the deep end with us and you'll be a better player and maybe kill people too."

I don't understand this new swarm at all.

Welp that's my shitpost from a salty veteran post for the day, someone poke me when we are in a war that doesn't look like two autism babies crying in opposite corners from eachother while screeching about how much they mined today. Thanks and godbless.

A strong economy is the foundation of a strong army.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Or you throw 20,000 newbies in rifters at the problem and call it good.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rutibex posted:

A strong economy is the foundation of a strong army.

Literally every time we've made some smarmy "but we're so rich" doctrine we got jobbed by retards. Offensive sov war and the logistics of the same against a moderately prepared enemy is a skillset that can atrophy. Getting fat and farming isk in Delve just puts you on the slow burn to last years war Mk. 2. Granted the nullsec landscame re: citadels makes thinks kinda lovely, but we've stomped through grindy shitwars before for some pretty stupid loving regions (Halloween War) that largely ended up having no real impact on the map but had a HUGE impact in teaching us our capabilities and what we can do when we want to stab someone really hard.

But that wasn't really the gist of my post. The gist of my post is when trying to entice a newbie tell them about the cool aviator sunglasses dangerous poo poo we get up to. Don't start off with "It's just like being a renter without rent!"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We do tons of cool poo poo and kill people in all areas of eve, but you will get approximately none of that if you sit in delve and rat and only x up for mainfleet pings. Join space violence, miniluv, or whatever, iirc reavers is not recruiting atm so I don't know who else to point newbies to that will get them the gently caress out of mainfleet and actually doing cool and good poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I only just restarted a few weeks ago, I am very poor. I need to kill those rats to pay for ships and fittings and drones :(

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I only just restarted a few weeks ago, I am very poor. I need to kill those rats to pay for ships and fittings and drones :(

Insurance is a thing. Insure your ships and submit for SRP after fleets and you should actually profit from PVP. Don't rat more than you need to in order to get yourself going because it is an extremely boring and bad activity.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

orange juche posted:

Good thing I don't mine then!

This is the best approach to mining.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Literally every time we've made some smarmy "but we're so rich" doctrine we got jobbed by retards. Offensive sov war and the logistics of the same against a moderately prepared enemy is a skillset that can atrophy. Getting fat and farming isk in Delve just puts you on the slow burn to last years war Mk. 2. Granted the nullsec landscame re: citadels makes thinks kinda lovely, but we've stomped through grindy shitwars before for some pretty stupid loving regions (Halloween War) that largely ended up having no real impact on the map but had a HUGE impact in teaching us our capabilities and what we can do when we want to stab someone really hard.

But that wasn't really the gist of my post. The gist of my post is when trying to entice a newbie tell them about the cool aviator sunglasses dangerous poo poo we get up to. Don't start off with "It's just like being a renter without rent!"

agree, join space violence for turbo-dunking nerds in space and dying with style :coal:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

join top goon

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

also holy poo poo the rupture visual changes look loving great

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Rutibex posted:

Send Boneytooth Thompkins Isk-Chip a mail and I'll give da cash.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ChickenWing posted:

also holy poo poo the rupture visual changes look loving great

The absolute best improvement i've seen so far is the Cormorant

To

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

nex posted:

agree, join space violence for turbo-dunking nerds in space and dying with style :coal:

Can I fly my Moros

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
yes of course, you might even get to lose it in a glorious fireball like our latest welp:
http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=581&b=7599930&e=106&t=05Ojuvs&ro=95.8

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

peak debt posted:

Can I fly my Moros

He said 'with style'. That's an ugly space potato.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Traveller posted:

Hey, doing this bad game thing again. Started from scratch as a Caldari alpha, tried my hand at mining to say from experience that it sucks as a solo rookie in a Venture, and bumbled around until I got into FW. Now I'm still space poor, but having fun losing cheap ships and tooling around in lowsec, and my name is on an expensive Deimos killmail somewhere. :shobon:

Is the Griffin Navy Issue as beastly as it looks for plex fights?

It's not that potent for Alphas. You'd be much better served getting a Hookbill and fitting it similar to Suitona's Kestrel to kite everything to death: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AGKGGgTEbkO5m1z9hNkf0H7ChnsQjvOaS-GIRNAl6qo/edit#heading=h.ajry0t5myrhd

Suitona's Kestrel itself, even the cheapo fit, is also super fun for frigate PvP.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

So my plan to get into our territory alive once accepted into GSF is to train up Cloaking Devices and practice the Cloak->MWD trick and get comfortable with it before sending in the app and heading up the pipe. I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm pretty sure I want to run a Recon Cruiser as my primary focus to start. Stealthy Snaring Gankship seems too fun to pass up, and I can have a full Arazu or Curse setup trained and fitted within about 40 days.

Or should I just say gently caress it and trust in shuttling up the pipe after liquidating my assets and sacrificing a beer to Arengee? :shepicide:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Insta ceptor will do the trick. Fit a semblance of a tank to avoid pipebombs. Or get a yacht.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Wibla posted:

Insta ceptor will do the trick. Fit a semblance of a tank to avoid pipebombs. Or get a yacht.

Sounds about right. Welp, all set and ready to head up once the application is accepted. :v:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

im glad top goon dead

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
RIP Top Goon

I only lead it for a brief few weeks, but it was a good time

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

What happened to top goon?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Clanpot Shake posted:

What happened to top goon?

It died.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tibalt posted:

It died.

I quit the game for a bit and went blops full time when I came back, and the next most qualified person to lead it who actually still played eve was Sothrasil.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 22, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Who is a moron.

EDIT: gently caress triple posting

Nitrousoxide posted:

The absolute best improvement i've seen so far is the Cormorant

To

This is great!

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 22, 2017

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
yeah basically topgoon leadership was decent when it started out, peaked with me (leader #2) and has been downhill since

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blasphemaster posted:

So my plan to get into our territory alive once accepted into GSF is to train up Cloaking Devices and practice the Cloak->MWD trick and get comfortable with it before sending in the app and heading up the pipe. I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm pretty sure I want to run a Recon Cruiser as my primary focus to start. Stealthy Snaring Gankship seems too fun to pass up, and I can have a full Arazu or Curse setup trained and fitted within about 40 days.

Or should I just say gently caress it and trust in shuttling up the pipe after liquidating my assets and sacrificing a beer to Arengee? :shepicide:

curses and arazus are really good because you can fit a combat probe launcher but just remember that you have to pick on things that are ratting or much smaller than you because you will monstrously eat poo poo to a competent t1 cruiser pilot

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

curses and arazus are really good because you can fit a combat probe launcher but just remember that you have to pick on things that are ratting or much smaller than you because you will monstrously eat poo poo to a competent t1 cruiser pilot

Recon's are very picky hunters. The "best" I ever got with hunting in a Recon was a Pilgrim before it got some range bonuses. I decloaked at 2.5km on a ratting BS, hugged him while the rats did all the work. Solo stuff is really hard and I never got a hang of it, but in small gangs a single Recon pilot can do a lot of work. And you will almost always be primaried.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the stratios is definitely the best stealth gank boat but do not overestimate its capabilities since its armor bonus p much just a balancing factor so you have less low slots for you to dump damage mods into rather than actually making for any sort of beefy tank and everyone will shoot you immediately the second you decloak because they know you aren't cyno bait

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

yeah basically topgoon leadership was decent when it started out, peaked with me (leader #2) and has been downhill since

Topgoon peaked in early 2012 late 2013 when you had already flamed out. It peaked when Treph took over and I was there to act as a brake on him being stupid.

The lowest point is probably either when Sothrasil took over or maybe that short point where we were desperately trying to get a director to stop giving realism our squad money just so he could put together pointless contests where surprise he was the winner!

nigga crab pollock posted:

the stratios is definitely the best stealth gank boat but do not overestimate its capabilities since its armor bonus p much just a balancing factor so you have less low slots for you to dump damage mods into rather than actually making for any sort of beefy tank and everyone will shoot you immediately the second you decloak because they know you aren't cyno bait

I mean it's been two years since I fit one, but back in the day if you were going a-gankin in hostile nullsec the way to go was shield. A shield strat can fit to almost 35k EHP a faction point, and about 900 dps with good skills, that will melt most ratters and give you the agility to actually move around/run camps if needed. Armor was best for goofy AAR setups and combat drops where logi theoretically exists (And then with a big enough gang T3's are better).

As far as I know my old hotdrop fit is still the gold standard for doing drops.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
yeah the blops stratios fit is pretty gold standard but people fly a lot of goofy AAR setups and think they can tank a lot more than they actually can. i mean they're actually pretty good especially if you want utility mids or are running neuts instead of blasters but they aren't deimoses and people think they are because two reppers

now i want to fit out a warp speed stratios :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread