Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Saitama is strong because he set a goal and worked hard* to achieve it

*or what he considered hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Saitama may be strong but he doesn't have any hair.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Raxivace posted:

Saitama may be strong but he doesn't have any hair.

I started hearing the ending theme to the Incredible Hulk TV show after reading this.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Inhumanly difficult, I tell you! Only Saitama could have survived such a punishing regimen.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Eela6 posted:

Inhumanly difficult, I tell you! Only Saitama could have survived such a punishing regimen.

To be fair, I lost my air conditioning for two days the other week and yeah, inhumanly difficult is absolutely true.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Is the new issue translated yet? Visual comedy is spot on, but I want to read what actually is said too.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I love that Garou gets sonned in a flashback

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

king just told saitama that he'd kick his rear end using only two fingers and saitama got really mad lol

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

king just told saitama that he'd kick his rear end using only two fingers and saitama got really mad lol

That's dialog from my fanfic.

Edit: guys, this chapter is good.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 22, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Ooh my god. Watchdog man is the truth....

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really hope translations for this chapter are up soon somewhere!

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Translation ready!

http://mangastream.com/read/onepunch_man/077/4361/1

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Hella good chapter.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Watchdog Man :vince:

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

Hella good chapter.

Hell yeah, love any King scene.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That was an extremely good chapter. Watchdog Man is a very good boy.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Huzzah! posted:

Hella good chapter.

I love how full of poo poo Saitama is.

"I feel detached from reality--a life without challenge, or human connection."

"So how about ballroom dancing, or video games, or being a super cool dude, or just hanging out with other heroes?"

"Nah."

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

I love how full of poo poo Saitama is.

"I feel detached from reality--a life without challenge, or human connection."

"So how about ballroom dancing, or video games, or being a super cool dude, or just hanging out with other heroes?"

"Nah."

Fortunately, King is mighty enough to find a solution.

"Okay, I get it. You're too chicken. I can beat you at videogames with just two fingers."

"WHAT? BRING IT ON!"

Some pretty good showing from the heroes this time.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watchdogman's secret technique: Shake.

That was amazing.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's not an inaccurate representation of general depression. When you're bored and tired and sick of your whole life in general you just kinda view everything as a bunch of crap you're not interested in. Even if someone tells you that you'd feel better if you broadened your horizons a bit and went out and did something other than the same poo poo you always do, it doesn't feel helpful or meaningful because it all just seems like the same poo poo as always.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The only enemy Saitama can't defeat is depression.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

King and Saitama are really good friends. :3:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

The only enemy Saitama can't defeat is depression.

Let's be fair.

He's also never beaten King.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm more and more convinced that Watchdogman is an actual dog wearing a gag with a human face drawn on it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Man, this is the most ONE quality chapter we've gotten in a long, long while.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

I'm more and more convinced that Watchdogman is an actual dog wearing a gag with a human face drawn on it.
Problem is, his human eyes move in this chapter but not his dog eyes.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

extremely good

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Suspicious Lump posted:

Problem is, his human eyes move in this chapter but not his dog eyes.

Could be the same case as Elder Centipede.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Regarding the eyes, I assumed they were dented, allowing it to seem like they moved when we are just observing it from a different angle.

Sadly, I think we're wrong at this point, but I'll live with it just never being answered.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Man, this is the most ONE quality chapter we've gotten in a long, long while.

I think it's because it moves Saitama's actual character arc instead of his usual 'punch fist -> end bad guy' routine

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mordaedil posted:

Sadly, I think we're wrong at this point, but I'll live with it just never being answered.
I'm pretty sure it's never going to be answered. It's one of those jokes.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I really hope you get to meet him soon, Saitama!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That was a really fun chapter and also the chapter where King was his most heroic :3: Also Watchdog man is the first S-Class hero in a while to really live up to it, I suppose Speed of Light Flash did too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

That was a really fun chapter and also the chapter where King was his most heroic :3: Also Watchdog man is the first S-Class hero in a while to really live up to it, I suppose Speed of Light Flash did too.

My friend Metal Bat lived up to his rank and so did most of the S ranks who got some focus during the previous arc.

It's only like Tank Top Master who is kinda underwhelming. Genos too half the time I guess.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
King is such a good homie for Saitama.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

My friend Metal Bat lived up to his rank and so did most of the S ranks who got some focus during the previous arc.

It's only like Tank Top Master who is kinda underwhelming. Genos too half the time I guess.

Genos every drat time, PPP too. I forgot how good Metal Bat was.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I legitimately forgot PPP was S rank.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lots of pretty good jokes this chapter. I'm glad about the Watchdog Man outcome.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't think there could have been a more perfect introduction to what Watchdog Man can actually do. What a very good chapter.

EmmyOk posted:

Metal Bat being near the bottom of the S Class is a goddamn travesty. He's ranked below Genos, for gently caress's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I suppose they are popularity contests to a degree considering Genos has never won a fight p much.