Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Bydoless posted:

New Misty Terrain

:psyduck: Talk about feature bloat. I already have a hard time keeping track of certain terrain effects since the Tapu made them ubiquitous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

The Mist Terrain is a mess, way too many variables and fiddly bits, and the 'two magnitudes and double KO' is a hilarious idea, but there's a reason why Gamefreak ever did anything like that.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

I actually like the idea that using Magnitude inside a cave collapses it on top of you
It's a good concept, but in practice it's annoying to essentially have a move barred off if you're in a specific area. And while finding Pokemon only in certain weather makes sense thematically, it hasn't been in a real Pokemon game for a reason.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

get that OUT of my face posted:

And while finding Pokemon only in certain weather makes sense thematically, it hasn't been in a real Pokemon game for a reason.

Much as I'd like to say that Game Freak has the common sense to avoid this gimmick, I'm afraid your statement is false.

In fact, to catch some pokemon in Sun and Moon you must first encounter a different wild pokemon, then reduce it to low health so it calls for help, AND the correct weather must be active at the same time. Even then, the chances of the weather-exclusive pokemon arriving to help the one you first encountered are slim. Good luck stumbling across them without a guide.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PassingPie posted:

Much as I'd like to say that Game Freak has the common sense to avoid this gimmick, I'm afraid your statement is false.

In fact, to catch some pokemon in Sun and Moon you must first encounter a different wild pokemon, then reduce it to low health so it calls for help, AND the correct weather must be active at the same time. Even then, the chances of the weather-exclusive pokemon arriving to help the one you first encountered are slim. Good luck stumbling across them without a guide.

There are items that can help with this, of course, and while being at low help makes it more likely that a pokemon will call for an ally, they can and will call for help on the first turn. They only care about the weather in battle so it can be manipulated relatively easily by having pokemon that can create those weather conditions in battle and maybe a stone to keep it up longer.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 19, 2017

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Ok, so Misty Terrain makes Sweet Kiss always hit...

...but prevents statuses.

Good game design!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

Ok, so Misty Terrain makes Sweet Kiss always hit...

...but prevents statuses.

Good game design!

It only prevents non-volatile statues: Burn, Poison (both versions), Freeze, Sleep, and Paralysis

Miliardo
Dec 3, 2014

The Golux posted:

...I approve of the scraggy gang.

Agreed. I also like some of the modifications made to the terrains we've seen so far, but maaaybe they should be on different moves. You know, ones you'd create. For this fangame you're creating. As part of the creative prooooh drat my eyes crossed.

Something something broken clocks, I guess. I get the feeling we're going to be experiencing every second of that there timescale. Every bewildering second.

Edit: I just looked it over again, and

:wtc:

Miliardo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 19, 2017

azren
Feb 14, 2011

So, I was telling a friend about this monstrosity, and he had a question: what happens if you try to use the level loss candy at level 1? Can you make its level wrap around?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
It'd be trivial to prevent that the way rare candies can't level you beyond 100 and it would be a huge way to break the intended challenge (even with the high amount of disobeying, there's not much low-level pokemon can do to a level 100 before it listens even once and OHKOs them, or just selects another move that is also a OHKO). Also you could use that kind of bug to get yourself a fully evolved pokemon really early and then bring it's level back down. That would get patched out pretty quickly by these devs if it ever was a thing (remember that they have repeatedly nerfed the available pokemon for the FIRST GYM, let alone everything else).

Of course, given that this is RPGmaker it may not allow underflows like that as part of its base scripting or just crash if level < 1 is somehow allowed to happen.

I do not feel like subjecting myself to this game just to test this though.

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Cooperate? Surrender the Forums you call "cooperate?"

azren posted:

So, I was telling a friend about this monstrosity, and he had a question: what happens if you try to use the level loss candy at level 1? Can you make its level wrap around?

No.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PassingPie posted:

Though some how this game manages to be a smidge worse just by virute of there being multiple weather conditions. The numel here is baffling because there's 3 different types of rain and it only shows up in one of them.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Speaking of which, can you pull a Gym Leader and de-level an evolved pokemon to lower than its minimum evo level?

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Raitzeno posted:

Speaking of which, can you pull a Gym Leader and de-level an evolved pokemon to lower than its minimum evo level?

Yes.

EDIT: However you don't learn moves upon leveling down, only leveling up.

Bydoless fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 20, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like the preview of coming attractions! Good luck putting everything together.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

even leveling back up after being leveled down?

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Bydoless posted:

And this thing.

WE'RE SO MUCH EDGIER AND COOLER THAN THOSE LOSERS TEAM ROCKET FROM THE CARTOON-

Which is why we're using this dumb looking Tangela (I'm guessing) machine for a nonsensical scheme.

Also I'm probably bit late to the party I imagine, but why does Shiny Arbok have a god drat NUCLEAR symbol instead of a spooky face? Like no I get it's supposed to be "dark" and whatever but the whole point of the face on Arbok is to be scary and intimidating to other pokemon thus to emulate animals, but a NUKE SYMBOL? Animals don't know what that is! And what, are poison Pokemon RADIOACTIVE now, were they an Alolan style normal variant and then suddenly the Calamity hit and they turned purple? Honestly it'd make more sense if it was a Biohazard symbol cause at least you can directly correlate that to poisonous stuff and still be stupid tryhard Goffs.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Edit: Got my horrible Pokemon fangame threads mixed up, ignore

Prism fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 20, 2017

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

TCat posted:

Also I'm probably bit late to the party I imagine, but why does Shiny Arbok have a god drat NUCLEAR symbol instead of a spooky face? Like no I get it's supposed to be "dark" and whatever but the whole point of the face on Arbok is to be scary and intimidating to other pokemon thus to emulate animals, but a NUKE SYMBOL? Animals don't know what that is! And what, are poison Pokemon RADIOACTIVE now, were they an Alolan style normal variant and then suddenly the Calamity hit and they turned purple? Honestly it'd make more sense if it was a Biohazard symbol cause at least you can directly correlate that to poisonous stuff and still be stupid tryhard Goffs.

This part is funny to me because the other pokemon fangame currently being LP'd has nuclear type variants of pokemon and the nuclear arbok has a bioharzard sign on it instead of the nuke symbol.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

PassingPie posted:

Honestly, the most absurd thing about SOS battles is attached to a different egregious feature present on the first island. That being a single patch of grass having a 1% chance of encountering a Bagon. 1% encounter chances are just dickish in general, but what's really hilarious is that you can SOS battle chain that into running into a wild and extremely low level Salamence. Because acquiring a fully evolved pseudo-legendary before you even beat the first gym equivalent certainly doesn't break the game at all.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 20, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, the most absurd thing about SOS battles is attached to a different egregious feature present on the first island. That being a single patch of grass having a 1% chance of encountering a Bagon. 1% encounter chances are just dickish in general, but what's really hilarious is that you can SOS battle chain that into running into a wild and extremely low level Salamence. Because acquiring a fully evolved pseudo-legendary before you even beat the first gym equivalent certainly doesn't break the game at all.

The Tinymence is great and I will not hear it defamed. Also, let's be frank: if you have the ability to string that battle chain along long enough at a low enough level that Tinymence is relevant, you probably don't need it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

It's probably just as much of a crapshoot to do the same thing via Wonder Trade since it amounts to the same thing

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

The Golux posted:

even leveling back up after being leveled down?

If you level them back up to a level where they would learn things, then they learn them. This is useful since some Pokemon have evolved forms that learn moves at a level lower than the level they evolve at (so you have to get them by tutor).

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Ace of Aces posted:

If you level them back up to a level where they would learn things, then they learn them. This is useful since some Pokemon have evolved forms that learn moves at a level lower than the level they evolve at (so you have to get them by tutor).

That's... not entirely a poo poo reason then? Especially if the tutor isn't remotely near the start or midpoint of game, that's actually a possible usage that isn't inane bullshit (it's still inane cause why not just put a tutor in every town and solve it that way?)

Ace of Aces
Feb 25, 2017

ZENRYOKU ZENKAI

Karatela posted:

That's... not entirely a poo poo reason then? Especially if the tutor isn't remotely near the start or midpoint of game, that's actually a possible usage that isn't inane bullshit (it's still inane cause why not just put a tutor in every town and solve it that way?)

More recent games have got around this by making the move tutor appear somewhere early, but requiring an item that you can't farm en masse until the endgame (when you have all the tools to begin building a competitive team). Relearners tend to come later in the game, but sometimes they're free or the item they need is more common.

Also, accessing the Move Tutor/Relearner in Reborn either requires Strength, or accessing the underground railnet early (if you wait, Strength Rocks pop up after an event).

Bydoless
Feb 25, 2017

Last time, we embarassed our first gym leader and gotten our first badge. We got the TM for Charge Beam (TM57) and the Volt Badge, which raises our obedience cap from Level 20 to Level 25. :woop:

Also we can use Cut outside of battle, but we don't have the HMTMX for it yet.

Enoby! Did you just win your first badge? That's great! I was just thinking about challenging Julia, but I heard something awful! Apparently something weird is happening in the Obsidia Ward. The plants are coming to life and attacking people. As soon as I heard, I knew I had to go over there and see if I can help! I'd stay and talk more, but I need to hurry! Bye!
* runs off*

The Obsidia Ward, just to the right of the Opal Ward, is our next destination.

There are some new trainers here in the Opal Bridge that have spawned after beaten Julia, but they are unimportant to us. We only have to beat this one to progress with the plot.

Here's my version of the following scene without Florinia talking like a robot.

No time to talk. I have to go and deal with the issue at Obsidia. See you later. Oh, looking to enter Obsidia yourself? Since you were a big help back at the factory, I'll let you in with me to help me with the current situation. *turns to cops* Can you guards let my friend in to help stop the bad plants?
Sure. *Moves out of the way*
There we go. Basically, something is causing the local flora to run amuck in Obsidia, terrorizing people and destroying poo poo. Meet me at the park ASAP. We'll find and destroy the source there

And here's the actual in-game version of this scene:

Enoby, Greetings. However, my immediate departure is necessitated. Obsidia remains in a volatile state condition. My attendance is mandatory. Farewell.
*Upper moves out of the way*
Reconsidering... Enoby, are you attempting to access the Obsidia Ward? The area remains currently restricted for all outside civilians in reaction to the damage currently being inflicted. However, given the previous assistance granted at the factory, an exception may be possible. This person may be able to assist the present situation in Obsidia. Is passage permissable?
Uhh, sure thing, Miss Florinia. *Lower moves out of the way*
Very well. Access granted. Situation briefing: An unknown force has recently begun continual engagement in the over-stimulation and manipulation of malignant flora life. Cause remains unknown, howver previous incidences of this behavior have resulted in large-scale destruction. Objective: Isolate and eliminate the source of the extraneous growth immediately. The target area has been narrowed to the Obsidia Park, housing the majority of floral species in the ward. Operation assets will assemble there. Do attend shortly. Farewell.

* leaves towards Obsidia*

Map of the Obsidia Ward

Music: Obsidia Ward

As Florinia and Victoria mentioned before, the Obsidia Ward is infested with these vines. And according to the map above they've really done a number on the place.

It is also infested with these trees, one of which is conveniently blocking the only tile we could've passed through to reach the park.

A bunch of people keep passing through here. Since the main street is blocked off, they're probably going the only other way: through the Slums.

Well that was an awkward intro to a trainer battle.

Also nice to see that everybody else has a phobia of going around cuttable trees as the average Pokemon player avatar.

Enoby! I'm not sure what to do. The main road is blocked off thanks to the plants destroying the city... The only other way is through the Obsidia Slums, down this way. I went in there, too, but it's dangerous! All these men kept trying to attack me, and it was like the debris in there was moving on its own! Enoby, are you going to go through the Slums? (Yes/No) I was worried you would say that. Isn't there anything I can say to stop you? It's really not safe. If you think you're strong enough, then prove it to me!

Victoria's team is just her evolved Pignite, a Makuhita from the Slums and a Ralts that Victoria must've gotten by importing from an earlier version. No guesses for what the Ralts will become later on.

Fine... Just promise me you'll be careful, okay? Keep a sharp eye. And, good luck.
* leaves to the north*

Here we are at the slums.

Music: Atmosphere - Dark Crystal (GlitchxCity's Mt. Coronet Remix v.II)
(Slowed-down version actually used here) (Original version)

...The very bleak and depressing slums, according to the music that necessitated slowing down a GlitchxCity remix of Mt. Coronet for that maximun bleakness factor.

Map of the Obsidia Slums with letters indicating which exit leads where

*Both of the 'G' exits take you outside on the top of the slums building where you'll enter the other exit.

It has Light Shards! They act as one-use Pokemon Centers and heal your party to full.

It has jumping mazes! Everybody loves those! You can jump through a 1-tile gap between one of these tiles. The perspective and the foreground obstructing your view make this annoying.

It has Scraggiesliving boxes!

The trainers here also has a lot to say about them:

Overcome the box... Be faster, smarter, stronger than the box.

I could've sworn I saw a box walk through here. Fourth one this week.

Sometimes I talk to this box. Sometimes it talks back.

Did a box just give birth to a Pokemon?

Following that box takes us here. Every time you try to 'talk' to the box after this one time, it moves as if it's a Strength boulder only without the requirement. It also resets its position when we reenter the room.

We push it out of the way, go through a bigger jumping maze in a room filled with more Japanese graffiti, and we'll reach a secret.

You can't take this egg (and send it to the PC) if you're already carrying 6 Pokemon at hand.

If you can (and do) take the egg, it can hatch into a Ducklett or a Drowzee based on a variable randomized at the start of the game (as with the Pachirisu/Zigzagoon and the Wingull/Panpour from before) so you can't savescum for one of the two.

Music: Evolution

In this case, it's a Ducklett egg. One nice thing I'll say about Pokemon Reborn is that each hatchable species of Pokemon has its own egg sprite.

These Pokemon hatching from this specific egg also have an extra move like with the Igglybuff and the Numel from before.

The Ducklett starts with Mirror Move, which is useless.

The Drowzee starts with Nasty Plot, which is much less useless.

Music: Wild Pokemon (GlitchxCity's X and Y Super Training Remix)

Speaking of Pokemon found here, we mainly run into Fighting-type Pokemon as random encounters, as well as Pidoves and Trubbishes.

List of all Pokemon found in the Obsidia Slums, as well as their shiny forms for anyone who cares.

This TM is here, I guess.

This Scraggy blocks our path. Perhaps the best way to resolve this conflict of interest is to talk to it:

In fact, it probably isn't.

Scr...

Boxes don't usually growl.

Or move for that matter.

...aggy!

This is definitely not a normal box.

All of that text is in the game itself, yes.

Before we chase the box, we have to take our attention to the kid standing in the corner.

That inverted No/Yes option is there to trick you for some reason. Saying 'No' triggers the battle, while saying 'Yes' cancels it.

Youngster Kai's team is not really notable except for the fact that his three Pokemon are Level 18-19, higher than the average level for the trainers here.

Awwwh, poo poo. I shouldn'ta said anything to begin with. I recognized you as the one that got gypped that rare Pokemon back in the Grand Hall. I figured, it ain't stealing if it's already stolen, so I spun a trick and made off with that rare Pokemon myself. Bought a week's worth of food from sellin' it to some gang member up in North Obsidia though. Gangs up there pay good cuz they take from Lapis. Anyway, Pokemon's not on me anymore, sorry mate!

Assuming it's a Magikarp, people could just get one of those from any other region that isn't surrounded by polluted waters. Yeah, the train is busted, but that shouldn't make Magikarp suddenly valuable overnight.

Moving on, there is this locked door on this room. We'll be coming for it later.

Let's just get this dungeon over with.

So here we are at one of the many instances of battles where the Pokemon are their own trainers.

As such, you can't capture these.

Here's their 'team', by the way. They can be a problem unless you've brought Flying-types or caught some of the slum's other resident Fighting-types for them.

Good news is that we're out of the Slums.

yourself south until the situation is resolved.

Bad news is that cops are making like trees and are randomly blocking this way to the park.

Unfortunately we'll have to listen to them and go trip some event flags in the Coral Ward before they'll let us into the park.

Ever since the lake became toxic, the pier shut down, and now it's more like a ghost town.

Map of the Coral Ward

Music: Coral Ward

He's not kidding, there's barely much about Coral Ward aside from the long cutscene regarding this girl that is mandatory to make the bad cops back in Obsidia disappear.

The folllowing italisized text is a paraphrased version of the following cutscene which is quite long for a scene where the only new development is "Cain gets a Oshawott": https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147939

I know I should be going to save Obsidia, but there's a random Oshawott trapped in that area over there, surrounded by water too toxic for Water-types to swim in!

*Cain appears*

Hey, Enoby! What are you doing with Amaria? She's our high-ranking Water-type Gym Leader don't you know?

I'm freaking out about that poor Oshawott.

Oh? That reminds me of a song~

* sings lyrics from this song from "Pokemon the Movie 2000" (https://youtu.be/eMwuE2hNg78) while he sends his Grimer for the Oshawott to ride safely to our side*

No, I'm not joking, in the actual dialogue linked above he does sing random lyrics from that.

why

Thank you, I guess. Say, that Oshawott wants to join you as thanks for saving it.

Okay. I usually work with Poison-types but I'm willing to make an exception here.

It also wants to go fight something. Can you battle Enoby with it?

okay

Cain's Team is just 3 low-tier Poison-type Pokemon plus one Level 15 Oshawott. Needless to say, EspurrRaven deals with them quite handily.

It also means that two of our rivals are mainly weak to Psychic-types.

The Misty Terrain comes to effect during battles in the Coral Ward. Fortunately it doesn't affect much of anything this battle.

Well that outcome was highly improbable, despite Enoby helping us with Team Meteor and beating a bullshit gym leader.

I'll be heading back to the Wasteland to meet with my sis. See you later.

Well this was a stupid diversion in retrospect. I'll be heading to the Obsidia Park to meet up with Flobot Florina Florinia Rini now. Join us ASAP.

Now that we've gotten Amaria back on track, the cops are gone and we can rush towards the park!

Yes. Greetings again.

We were waiting for you. Now that you're here, let's get started! These trees are blocking the way into the Park, but fortunately, they can be Cut down!

That should do the trick! Mind leading the way?

Sorry lady. Gonna show something off first regarding the trees here.

The map connection system refreshes trees when you enter a new map, even when they're out of reach of said map.

Will Amaria and Florinia be able to save Obsidia Ward from the machinations of-

No, no, stop! Ah--!

Well that question's been conveniently solved!

:what: isn't that mega evolution

Will Enoby be able to save Obsidia Ward from the machinations of Team Meteor?

Also next time:

What happens if we sequence break and cut this tree by hacking in Cut without going through the Slums or pretty much everything else in this update? Don't think I missed this opportunity, game.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

New Music:

Obsidia Ward

Atmosphere - Dark Crystal (GlitchxCity's Mt. Coronet Remix v.II)
(Slowed-down version used in Obsidia Slums) (Original version)

Coral Ward

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Old Music:

Wild Pokemon (GlitchxCity's X and Y Super Training Remix)

Trainer Battle (Original Hoenn Gym Leader Battle remix)

Rival Battle (GlitchxCity's Black 2 and White 2 Champion Iris Remix)

Normal Victory (GlitchxCity's Gym Leader Victory Remix) + Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions

Major Victory (GlitchxCity's Mystery Dungeon Primal Dialga Remix)

Evolution (Original remix)

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

I..... what? Mutated Pokemon. Really. I'm not sure if this is worse or better then Uranium's Nuclear Pokemon. I'm going assume the answer is yes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wait did this game change the name of HMs to TMXs but leave the backpack page named TMs & HMs?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

does that thing use a loving Unown for its eye

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The arms are probably ripped from another real sprite, too. That's how a lot of fan evolution/fusion/whatever sprites get made.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Do we ever learn what matte black substance is filling up those cracks in everything?

Because they're clearly filled with something, otherwise we'd be able to see something down in them.

Asator
Oct 21, 2010

The Pulse forms are new. When I played through this part of the game, I fought an ordinary Tangrowth here.

The game is worse for this addition. Pulse forms invariably look like rear end.

"TMX" is also new. What the hell is going on there.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

I don't know what's going on here, but I do know that the ESRB is going to want to have words with someone about it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I've seen enough fanart to know where that is going

Nice use of Deoxys' arms as tentacles though

Better to use pre-existing assets rather than making them from scratch, which usually leads to odd scaling and design issues

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm pretty sure those arms are from a digimon

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

does that thing use a loving Unown for its eye

I have so many questions.

Why the hell do we need to already up the ante like this? A regular Tangrowth at this point would still be a pretty tough fight if you hadn't picked a fire starter (because of how lovely your team selection is right now), why make it even stronger?

Why is it called PULSE rather than something like "Mechanized", given the massive machine the Tangrowth is plugged into in the overworld map? What does PULSE even mean, assuming that isn't a story spoiler?

Why is it so completely lazy in design and spriting? Uranium's mega evolutions may have missed the mark and pretty much all looked terrible, but they at least had actual effort and thought put into the designs. This doesn't even have that going for it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

the Orb of Zot posted:

I have so many questions.

Why the hell do we need to already up the ante like this? A regular Tangrowth at this point would still be a pretty tough fight if you hadn't picked a fire starter (because of how lovely your team selection is right now), why make it even stronger?

Why is it called PULSE rather than something like "Mechanized", given the massive machine the Tangrowth is plugged into in the overworld map? What does PULSE even mean, assuming that isn't a story spoiler?

Why is it so completely lazy in design and spriting? Uranium's mega evolutions may have missed the mark and pretty much all looked terrible, but they at least had actual effort and thought put into the designs. This doesn't even have that going for it.

PULSE is a story spoiler, we will encounter more PULSE pokemon and inevitably they will contain no themeing and do nothing to actually make that Pokemon better.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I assume TMX means that the old HM can be taught over.

... But why not just have the HM be taught over, without giving it a weird name?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bydoless, when you were showing the sprites for the Pokemon you could catch in the slums, you put two base Primeape sprites instead of the shiny Mankey sprite.

Talking about those, who the gently caress thought that Makuhita didn't look like poo poo? I get the edgy recolours but why did they just recolour the body white and left its head and feet yellow? It looks awful.

And that PULSE Tangrowth looks awful too and the sudden caps hurt. We've moved away from that, stop bringing it back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

PULSE Tangrowth is mostly a complete mess, but I have to admit: That enormous, single eye is pretty cool looking in Tangrowth's mass of writhing tentacles. I like Tangrowth's original doofy little eyes, but that big ol' peeper makes it look a lot more monsterous. Actually, let's spend 5 minutes in MS Paint to see what regular Tangrowth might look like with that eye!

Beautiful.

• Locked thread