Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

The upside to stuttering is that it's very easy to tell if a lot of players are landing near me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

Run out of air in water? Instadeath

Because of this release note put me down for hoping to see the following to be seen from a future release note:

quote:

Fixed a bug where players instantly died while steadying aim while ADS because they ran out of oxygen

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I heard twitch streamers can still disable it for private servers.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Captain Gordon posted:

what a lame rear end justification for using essentially a wallhack

If you guys seriously can't see someone in shadows then you need to adjust your brightness settings.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
PC gaming is trash forever

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Great Beer posted:

If you guys seriously can't see someone in shadows then you need to adjust your brightness settings.

I play with my monitor off so this change doesn't affect me.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Great Beer posted:

http://plays.tv/video/591faa6ef1769d3092/mylta-power-massacre?from=search&game_id=beab9bd40164e6ed6101d7e0914b59e1&search=power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQRauUWEhQg&t=60s

"brightness settings"

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
LMAO at anyone defending the ability to completely turn off shadows, it's obviously a gameplay advantage and wasn't gonna stay in for long.

gently caress I run this game on a 1440p freesync monitor with a RX480 and I stay at ~90 ish frames for most of the game, performance is fine/good for an alpha game with 100 clients connected to a server. It's only gonna get better from here as they approach beta/release.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Great Beer posted:

I, too, feel compelled to cheat in competitive videogames.

edit: doesn't even matter, the cheat mode is being removed tomorrow :byewhore:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of cheating: How common are esp and aimbots?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Not common. They exist though.

This guy:
https://pubg.me/player/mrgrimmmmz (Not actual Grimmmz)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There are pretty common complaints about Munker, the #1 player on NA Squads, along with some rather suspicious gifs. There's some cheaters for sure but it doesn't seem to be overwhelmed with them.

Some of it can be attributed to game bugs though, like buildings not rendering or the weird one where people inside vehicles will float in the air randomly.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

They should add a Katana as a melee weapon.

It can only be found in bedrooms mounted on a display stand on the wall. Next to anime and kill bill posters.

KoB
May 1, 2009

mashed_penguin posted:

It can only be found in bedrooms mounted on a display stand on the wall. Next to anime and kill bill posters.

They should also be pieces of poo poo that break after 1 kill.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Your footsteps do become silent when wielding a katana, but that's only because the noise of your character mouthbreathing drowns them out

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm so garbage at squads compared to duo and solo. Optimal squad play seems so slow and rigid. Solo/duo is all about pretending you're mel gibson from the patriot

That's funny, I feel exactly the opposite. I find solo much more slow and methodical since player position is much more dispersed. It's definitely easier. Squad and duo I find you can be way more aggressive because you can make more assumptions about other players positions + you have other dudes to help watch your back and cover/assist your push.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

mashed_penguin posted:

Would it also deflect bullets? :kamina:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Voxx posted:

Would it also deflect bullets? :kamina:

it should totally be pan-style invulnerable yes

also let you and your teammates do a rising storm 1 style banzai charge

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Weird end to a round today. It was the top 10, I was camping out in the last compound still in the zone, and the next circle was in the middle of a field. I thought I'd be cute and wait until the last second to leave, hopefully sniping a couple other players I thought were in the buildings with me as they ran out. As it turned out, there were about 5 other people in the compound and we all had the same idea. We all killed each other in about 15 seconds.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I stole a UAZ from some guy who had better position and better guns than me in the final 20. Rolled it backwards down a hill and did a sick brake-slide to get away while he was left to run to the rather far circle.

Drove for a little bit, crested a hill and saw another player duck behind a tree. Still far from the circle, decided to keep going and find a spot to ambush him when he was forced into me.

As I rolled down the other side of the hill, into a wide open field with only a small rock that was definitely not in the new safezone, the jeep ran out of gas.

:negative:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Grand Theft Auto: PUBG. We drop at the power substation with another 3 man group. we are way outside the circle looking for cars, they find a UAZ and flee going to the power station to keep looting further from the circle. We book over to the power station, steal their ride and get safely back in the circle while they likely died to the blue wall

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Inspector_666 posted:

My roommate doesn't have a PC but is completely obsessed with this game, so I let him play on my computer. But now I want to know what my actual skill level is but I also don't want to cut him off from his sweet sweet PUBG. They need to make a console version ASAP.

You could create a new Steam profile on your PC and allow game sharing between the two, couldn't you?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

GigaPeon posted:

You could create a new Steam profile on your PC and allow game sharing between the two, couldn't you?
PUBG won't work through family share any more.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

Helter Skelter posted:

PUBG won't work through family share any more.

I shared my library with my brother, he is able to play PUBG on my PC with his own steam account. It still shows my own stats though... Does not solve your problem.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You're dangerous! What mode was this, have a replay? You ruined 15% of the people playing's game :D

This was solo. No replay but I landed in military, picked up a double-barrel to get the first two kills. Looted SCAR and Kar98 and 4x scope, went up on the hill overlooking military and picked up 1 more kill. Then I got to a boat, crossed over and picked up 3-4 Kar98 kills midgame. Got an 8x scope and a suppressor for it and absolutely wrecked the final 10 which was in one of the orange corn fields where everyone prones.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Grimwall posted:

I shared my library with my brother, he is able to play PUBG on my PC with his own steam account. It still shows my own stats though... Does not solve your problem.
It's a relatively recent change:

https://twitter.com/pubattlegrounds/status/869876232711684096

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

yay! First duo chicken dinner

This was promptly followed up by playing another game, accidently killing my teammate and then dying when I tried to revive him. fun game

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

ILikeVoltron posted:

yay! First duo chicken dinner

This was promptly followed up by playing another game, accidently killing my teammate and then dying when I tried to revive him. fun game

Despite what safety advocates say, there's no such thing as an accidental kill with a pistol. We dropped on school and I was in the floor right under you! I was the first dead in the game!
You are a horrible person.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mashed_penguin posted:

gently caress that noise. Is not *Russian*, tovarisch!

http://www.knifeup.com/russias-spetsnaz-survival-machete/

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Has anyone chased down a crate, waited for it to land, fought off all the attackers only to discover that the crate hit the top of a tree and never came down?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Well placed grenades can knock down crates, cook it a bit and let it go!

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Do crates land in blue zones?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Neon Belly posted:

Do crates land in blue zones?

It'll only drop crates in white zones, but sometimes the server can be so laggy that by the time it lands the blue has already passed over it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

My game crashed two seconds after this. Crashes are doing my head in, loving loot simulator 2017

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Parallel Playa posted:

My game crashed two seconds after this. Crashes are doing my head in, loving loot simulator 2017

Put some shoes on you degenerate.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Put some shoes on you degenerate.

Wow, someone plays this game wrong (it's you)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Wow, someone plays this game wrong (it's you)

If you're not wearing punk boots you're the one playing the game wrong. :colbert:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Some dumb boot-wearer is in this building next to me <CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP on carpet>

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
The group I play with have all taken off our shoes so we can readily differentiate between friendly and hostile steps. One of my people also thinks bare feet are quieter, but he's dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Takkaryx posted:

The group I play with have all taken off our shoes so we can readily differentiate between friendly and hostile steps. One of my people also thinks bare feet are quieter, but he's dumb.

You must be glad to see the Rabbids back in style

• Locked thread