Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

brylcreem posted:

I know the thread has moved on to ... other things, but here's that video.

I just watched it again, it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

:drat:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

fishmech posted:

All 2823 people who died knew! They were chained in the top floor of the WTC when the bombs went off!!!

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

They spent a month sifting through rubble and by the time they figured out what went wrong, Bin Laden was sitting on a beach earning twenty percent.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

poo poo, boiiiiii!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

this guy is my fuckin hero

he's not even saying 9/11 wasn't a conspiracy, he just wants everyone to shut up about JET FUEL CANT MELT STEEL BEAMS

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

I never understood why idiots latched on to thermite for the supposed demolition of the towers. Thermite is garbage for cutting steel in a way conducive to a controlled demolition.

I assume it's just the pop culture image of what thermite is, plus the name sounds cool.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Warbadger posted:

I never understood why idiots latched on to thermite for the supposed demolition of the towers. Thermite is garbage for cutting steel in a way conducive to a controlled demolition.

I assume it's just the pop culture image of what thermite is, plus the name sounds cool.

yeah, it's basically assuming that tom clancy novels are a documentary and working their way backwards from that point. i'm pretty sure that most of the controlled demolition advocates imagined superspies planting duffel bags of explosives at various points in the towers

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Warbadger posted:

Leia scared all those guys in Jabba's palace with just one thermite detonator, so you know it has to be pretty scary stuff.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

Ashcans posted:

Leia scared all those guys in Jabba's palace with just one thermite detonator, so you know it has to be pretty scary stuff.

Ummm excuuuuse you, that was a thermal detonator.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Switzerland posted:

Ummm excuuuuse you, that was a thermal detonator.

Well yeah, that stuff burns pretty hot?

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Gravity is an acceleration not a velocity, fuckhead

Hi fag, the building falls faster than gravity due to the lack of air inside the building. If the air remains in the building, there will be extra mass for the falling mass to overcome making it fall slower than it would fall in free fall state. The speed of gravity is the free fall state, retard, anything less is less than the speed of gravity, retard. By the way, it is about 120 MPH in our atmosphere near sea level, free fall, that takes about 3 seconds to attain rocket scientist. A building cannot fall faster than gravity without controlled demolition.

It is the vacuum created by the hi explosive chemical reaction that allows the building to fall faster than gravity.

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 21, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

El Puerco posted:

Hi fag, the building falls faster than gravity due to the lack of air inside the building.

Who invented the magic machine that removed all the air from the WTC before the frankenstein gangster computer god controlled demoilition?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Gravity is an acceleration not a velocity, fuckhead
Once you're falling at 10m/s you're falling faster than gravity because gravity is only 9.8m/s2 and 10 > 9.8, QED

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017

fishmech posted:

Who invented the magic machine that removed all the air from the WTC before the frankenstein gangster computer god controlled demoilition?

That would be the hi explosive that consumes all the oxygen. A wizard in china started the idea, then someone invented hi explosive, now we can make a building fall into its foot thanks to the modern, new fangled invention.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Maybe they used some gravity distortion device to create the collapse

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fried Watermelon posted:

Maybe they used some gravity distortion device to create the collapse

yeah they set up el puerco's posting station in the basement and wheeled him in lol

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

El Puerco posted:

That would be the hi explosive that consumes all the oxygen. A wizard in china started the idea, then someone invented hi explosive, now we can make a building fall into its foot thanks to the modern, new fangled invention.
I don't know why I'm responding to you, but whatever. High explosives don't consume atmospheric oxygen; they bring their own.

Decomposition of TNT:
2 C7H5N3O6 → 3 N2 + 5 H2O + 7 CO + 7 C
2 C7H5N3O6 → 3 N2 + 5 H2 + 12 CO + 2 C

Thermite reaction (which isn't technically a high explosive, but whatever):
Fe2O3 + 2 Al → 2 Fe + Al2O3

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I fall faster than gravity towards the ground when i trip thanks to my massive gravitational pull. I also jump faster than light so it looks like i am just standing HNNGGGINNG when i am really jumping around collecting coins. I take in darkness with my eyes whenever it is dark so i see black in my head at night. I can breathe out air for infinity before breathing in because i have a navel on my stomach. Whenever i see a cat all cats are seen at once by me because i know what cat looks like. When mother give me money i invest it in bitcoin. When i swim and can see the seafloor i fall down and hit the sand. When i talk my thoughts travel with the speed of sound making me the fastest human alive. The earth is flat because we use coins that are flat. When i see the sun i spontaneously disintegrate because the sun is really hot. A+B equals A+B but C equals sucks. My fingers were once tiny spears because how else could humans hunt animals before? Am i writing nonsense and would rather drink energy drinks and playing overwatch? Yes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

:qq: they should have sent a poet.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

El Puerco posted:

If you consume all oxygen you only remove 20% of the air, moron. What removed the remaining 80% of the air? What magic vacuum did that?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

fishmech posted:

If you consume all oxygen you only remove 20% of the air, moron. What removed the remaining 80% of the air? What magic vacuum did that?

The female divider.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

El Puerco posted:

Hi fag, the building falls faster than gravity due to the lack of air inside the building. If the air remains in the building, there will be extra mass for the falling mass to overcome making it fall slower than it would fall in free fall state. The speed of gravity is the free fall state, retard, anything less is less than the speed of gravity, retard. By the way, it is about 120 MPH in our atmosphere near sea level, free fall, that takes about 3 seconds to attain rocket scientist. A building cannot fall faster than gravity without controlled demolition.

It is the vacuum created by the hi explosive chemical reaction that allows the building to fall faster than gravity.

Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Debate & Discussion > 9/11 Trutherism: that takes about 3 seconds to attain rocket scientist

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Depends on how much air is around the feathers. Changes the gravity ergo the weight is different. Check mate, sheeple.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

The correct answer is that a 50/50 mixture equals 1 Pound and the mixture is called (nano)-Lea.ther that are more effective than regular leather pants at demolishing the twin towers (that is your legs).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

El Puerco posted:

THIS IS NOT HOW ANYTHING WORKS.

I am going to use my Illuminati contacts to report you to your high school physics teacher.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Jethro posted:

I don't know why I'm responding to you, but whatever. High explosives don't consume atmospheric oxygen; they bring their own.

Decomposition of TNT:
2 C7H5N3O6 → 3 N2 + 5 H2O + 7 CO + 7 C
2 C7H5N3O6 → 3 N2 + 5 H2 + 12 CO + 2 C

Thermite reaction (which isn't technically a high explosive, but whatever):
Fe2O3 + 2 Al → 2 Fe + Al2O3

Aside from this point it's also worth noting that these sorts of reactions tend to release gaseous byproducts. You aren't going to create a vacuum in an enclosed space by setting off a bomb or burning thermite. If it isn't fully enclosed you could displace the air to create a momentary vacuum effect, but only in a small area relative to the explosion. To blow the air out of the floor of a building you'd have to blow it the gently caress up in a pretty spectacular way.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Warbadger posted:

Aside from this point it's also worth noting that these sorts of reactions tend to release gaseous byproducts.

Fist law of thermodynamics sure is a bitch, huh?

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

El Puerco posted:

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But according to noted documentary The Return of the King,

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Gosh why does nobody believe truthers over actual engineers or a high school freshman who got an A in Physics.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.

1stGear posted:

Gosh why does nobody believe truthers over actual engineers or a high school freshman who got an A in Physics.

Because all engineers are in on it. Now hush!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

El Puerco posted:

FYI that's terminal velocity, not "speed of gravity". Gravity is not a speed.

Air drag is proportional to the square of an object's velocity, and an object in free fall will eventually attain some velocity at which air drag counteracts acceleration due to gravity. But that assumes an object with constant mass; each additional falling floor of the WTC represents a significant increase in falling mass, and correspondingly an increase in terminal velocity.

The number that you quoted is the approximate terminal velocity of a person. But it's possible to change that number by either changing your normal area (by folding your arms in vs stretching them out) or your mass (if you had 50 lbs of weight in your pockets, releasing it would change your terminal velocity).

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

From a quick google for "how many people worked at the world trade centers" I got this from the Guardian:

So you have 50 thousand people who work there every day and - assuming the government managed to prepare the building for collapse in just a week, rather than the months it would normally take - you have just under 1 million people passing through the towers.

But not a single person noticed anything out of the ordinary? Not a single person has ever come forward and said, "Hey, I saw a bunch of MiB removing supports."

I mean there are still 47 thousand people out there who used to work in the towers who are still alive and not one has come forward?

If we even needed any more proof these "controlled demolition" people were deluded idiots it's right here.

The federal government has more than enough money to pay crisis actors to pretend to work in the WTC every day for 20 years, which is what those 50,000 people all were except for the 2,996 real workers who were all assigned to the top floors and left to die.

And none of the actors came forward because they don't want to give up their lucrative gig of faking every single mass shooting in America by pretending to be the friends and families of the nonexistent victims.

Like you would not believe how well it pays. Do you really think we just lost those pallets of money we sent to Iraq?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The Random capitalization of Words is a pretty Common indicator of schizophrenia, el puerco. Your brain thinks everyone is as delusional as you, and the capitalization is your way to attempt to convey which words hold a specific import to your obsessional complexes.

Perhaps you should talk to a councelor or the like? Just try to ignore that your brain is telling you that they're destroying your brainwaves, mental instability can be pretty defensive that way.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

El Puerco posted:

Gravity isn't a speed it's an acceleration in a vacuum nothing is going to accelerate past that short of an outside force acting on it God I hate you

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Here's what I want to know from conspiracy fucks

WHY IS IT SO GODDAMN IMPORTANT TO PROVE THAT THE BUILDINGS FELL DUE TO DELIBERATE CONTROLLED DEMOLITION

The fuckin planes crashed into them, we all saw it, there were hijackers and there were passengers and there were people in the top floors in the middle of the fireballs and they all died, they would have died regardless of whether the towers fell or whether WTC7 fell, this was a huge loving attack and it would have been the pivotal event of the half-century anyfuckinway

THERE WAS CAUSUS BELLI EVEN IF THE BUILDINGS DID NOT FALL

So if 9/11 was a government plot of some kind, why fuckin bother to make so quadruple drat sure the buildings fell down

I mean one of the planes didn't even make it to its target, but "they" got everything they wanted out of it anyway, right?

God we get so tied up in stupid minutiae of physics and forensics and the 30,000 foot view of even trying to pursue this line of reasoning is just so goddamn baffling

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Data Graham posted:

Here's what I want to know from conspiracy fucks

WHY IS IT SO GODDAMN IMPORTANT TO PROVE THAT THE BUILDINGS FELL DUE TO DELIBERATE CONTROLLED DEMOLITION

Because if they admit that planes crashed into the WTC then they're buying into the government story maaaaaannnnn. So they can't accept that planes hit the WTC, they got to come up with some convoluted bullshit so they can say they don't buy into the government's lies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

fishmech posted:

Because if they admit that planes crashed into the WTC then they're buying into the government story maaaaaannnnn. So they can't accept that planes hit the WTC, they got to come up with some convoluted bullshit so they can say they don't buy into the government's lies.

On the "US" government? The British actually won the war and created the fake US government so they could do the hosed up poo poo and have someone else to blame.

• Locked thread