Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hello I am here for the Trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
where are the trades

where are they

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a trade today

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Captain Internet posted:

Sup motherfuckers, I can't say if GMGM was trying to be on good behavior or he is just a suuuuper lovely GM but he has wiffed on literally almost every pick except Marchy I think. Wowza. That D pairing.

He actually did pretty good. It sounds like a lot of these players might be flipped as well. MAF and Pickard could be a reasonably good tandem. Carrier, Eakin, Haula, Karlsson, Lindberg, Neal, Marchessault, and Pulkkinen are all good choices at forward. Garrison, Miller, Schlemko, and Schmidt are all good choices on defense. Getting Reilly Smith and Shea Theodore through trade are good pickups as well.

I think the team is going to suck but it also looks a lot better on paper than I was expecting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Typical Goon posted:

Laine averaged more goals per game as well as assists per game than Matthews. Matthews got hot at the right time though

Couldn't even give them a full season, shameful.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
give unto me the Trades

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

make the trades, do it

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

AAB posted:

Hello I am here for the Trades.

I launched ten feet out of my bed as soon as the alarm hit this morning. Give me those loving trades.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Eberle is going to get a better return than Hall isn't he

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

There's zero guarantee of that.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

I launched ten feet out of my bed as soon as the alarm hit this morning. Give me those loving trades.

These m*ther f-ers think we're playing. NO. It's The Day. "8 AM and the Trades are gonna go buck wild" was the promise. Excuse me Gary Buttman, where the gently caress are our loving trades at??

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Give me more first rounders, thank you.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Things in hot demand today
1. Trades
2. Takes
3. First rounders

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Nothing's going to happen until the West Coast is awake. I doubt we'll see anything of note until the mid to late afternoon.

GIMME THOSE TRADES THOUGH

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My wife when they showed the picture of Eakin last night after being drafted to Vegas: "He's gonna need a lot of sunscreen."

She also asked if Pierre was going to tell us that Laine played his junior hockey for Slytherin.

Today's hot take: MAI WIFE is funnier than I am, which doesn't really take a lot.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Where the hells my stupid trades

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Let's sort NHL players and then rank regional beer and BBQ. Kessel is, of course, the most Hufflepuff of them all.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Someone please explain to me why the Wild are going to trade a defenceman. The expansion draft is over so why wouldn't they keep all of their good defencemans? Why is the narrative that they need to trade matt dumba, who is really good and young and cheap?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

i am the bird posted:

Let's sort NHL players and then rank regional beer and BBQ. Kessel is, of course, the most Hufflepuff of them all.

gently caress this I want more unintelligible charts, long dissertations on healthy scratches, and in depth dissertations on why both goal scoring and fighting are bad

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

Someone please explain to me why the Wild are going to trade a defenceman. The expansion draft is over so why wouldn't they keep all of their good defencemans? Why is the narrative that they need to trade matt dumba, who is really good and young and cheap?

Well it's trade him this year or next year. Their D corps is expensive.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Where are the trades eggman

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bewbies posted:

gently caress this I want more unintelligible charts, long dissertations on healthy scratches, and in depth dissertations on why both goal scoring and fighting are bad

This is my favorite chart.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Well it's trade him this year or next year. Their D corps is expensive.

If Vegas is just going to flip Methot it makes Dorion's inability to get anything in a trade before the freeze even more inexcusable.

e: though I guess if he had, the Sens would be short Claesson or Wideman (on the other hand, maybe they'd have taken Ryan?)

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
no trades? thanks obama

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bub spank posted:

If Vegas is just going to flip Methot it makes Dorion's inability to get anything in a trade before the freeze even more inexcusable.

I still think it's not entirely fair to say "Vegas got that trade done so my GM could've too" because of the whole expansion draft thing, but I really don't know much about Pierre Dorion, Hockey GM, so both of these things could well be true.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mennoknight posted:

How else are you going to get hometown boy Derek Stepan?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

fits posted:

where are the trades

where are they

also what is your favourite trade

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

I liked when Colorado traded for Boedker at the 2016 deadline because they had an outside shot at a playoff spot and then managed to pretty much lose out after that and have gone 29-73-4 since.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Chicken Doodle posted:

HOLYFUCK I've been living under a rock and just heard Sbisa's gone! I can watch Canucks hockey again and get mad at them for totally non-Sbisa related reasons! :woop: Guess I have some catching up to do before the draft.

Heyyyy what's up? I don't know when you stopped watching Canucks hockey but they are worse than you could have possibly imagined now so enjoy.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The Dirty Burger posted:

Depends on your thoughts on Ryan Murray.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

yellowcar posted:

Godspeed MAF, you're gonna have Emelin and Sbisa to look forward to.

This is actually a good defense for Knights. Bad defenders will actually debilitate the other team's offense.

Because in Vegas, as long as you sit at the slot you're drinking free.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

fits posted:

nice

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

fits posted:

the yet-to-be-announced double-threeway trade through the VGK of Sbisa to the Habs, and Emelin to the Nucks

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Because in Vegas, as long as you sit at the slot you're drinking free.
:perfect:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
bobby mac said he doesn't expect today to be that exciting for trades, but tomorrow should be

i hope he's loving wrong and that there are big trades on both days!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to see the god drat mother fuckin Trades

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I will miss Sbisa and Emelin being on teams with passionate and good SAS posters. The lonely wail of Lessail just won't be the same.

MAF gonna get a Standing O when Vegas heads to Pittsburgh. :unsmith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's still Gudbranson.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

JawKnee posted:

the yet-to-be-announced double-threeway trade through the VGK of Sbisa to the Habs, and Emelin to the Nucks

I will find you and cut you if that happens

Dont even joke about that nightmare

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/877895324785922048

I guess they think Boo Nieves is ready to slide into the 4th line C position? Otherwise this seems pretty dumb. Hrivik would be perfect on the 4th line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

I liked when Colorado traded for Boedker at the 2016 deadline because they had an outside shot at a playoff spot and then managed to pretty much lose out after that and have gone 29-73-4 since.
When I was in Berlin I saw a spraypaint mural for Boedker in an Avalanche jersey.

• Locked thread