Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I ended up grabbing Locke's BSB(dupe), Garnet's BSB2, and SSBs for Yang, Fran and Steiner.

Is Garnet's BSB2 any good? It doesn't seem all that great and I'm not a big fan of her in general. But I also felt the same way about Yuna when I got her BSB2 and it is hilariously good on mage teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Snagged Steiner's Tin Armor and Laguna's Vega. Say what you will, but the latter is a rare imperil and the former patches up some weak FF9 armor synergy I have.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I ended up grabbing Locke's BSB(dupe), Garnet's BSB2, and SSBs for Yang, Fran and Steiner.

Is Garnet's BSB2 any good? It doesn't seem all that great and I'm not a big fan of her in general. But I also felt the same way about Yuna when I got her BSB2 and it is hilariously good on mage teams.

Garnet's BSB2 is fantastic. It has really good damage potential because the summon strike CMD2 is *5* hits(into weakness because it's an imperil on entry) and doesn't burn the summon, and the CMD1 summon strike is a % medica so it allows her to be a secondary healer without gearing for MND at all. Really the only major knock against it is that it shares a buff ID with Vessel of Fate so if you're using it as your ATK/MAG buff you'll need to find another source of hastega.

Garnet is really good in general because with her more recent SBs she can pretty efficiently switch hit between damage and off healing with the same build.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Shout Louder

shoutara

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

3/11

Fang BSB
Edward BSB
Dupe Balthier SSB

First wind imperil, gently caress yeah. Alphinaud has a new best friend.

I already had a bunch of holy imperil, but Edward's has the most utility.

Happy with the pull.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Pander posted:

3/11

Fang BSB
Edward BSB
Dupe Balthier SSB

First wind imperil, gently caress yeah. Alphinaud has a new best friend.

I already had a bunch of holy imperil, but Edward's has the most utility.

Happy with the pull.

Edward's burst is one of the secret best bursts in the game. I always include him in my physical holy team, or really any other time I've got a source of Hastega as an alternative to Ramza

I pulled 1/11, Lightning's BSB2. Can't complain. Just need to figure out if I want to drop Kain, Ashe, or TG Cid from my lightning team.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
2/11
Edgar's Chainsaw (I have his burst) and Nabaats' BSB, which seems real good since it's wrathable and I've got Cid's burst.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sesq posted:

Edward's burst is one of the secret best bursts in the game. I always include him in my physical holy team, or really any other time I've got a source of Hastega as an alternative to Ramza

I pulled 1/11, Lightning's BSB2. Can't complain. Just need to figure out if I want to drop Kain, Ashe, or TG Cid from my lightning team.

I think there's a pretty clear choice there. Time to go straight physical, apologies to Ashe.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dupe Lightning BSB2 and Edward's Chainsaw. I have zero poison SBs, and not even this one counts because it's an imperil that does non-elemental damage for some stupid reason :negative:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Kanos posted:

Garnet's BSB2 is fantastic. It has really good damage potential because the summon strike CMD2 is *5* hits(into weakness because it's an imperil on entry) and doesn't burn the summon, and the CMD1 summon strike is a % medica so it allows her to be a secondary healer without gearing for MND at all. Really the only major knock against it is that it shares a buff ID with Vessel of Fate so if you're using it as your ATK/MAG buff you'll need to find another source of hastega.

Garnet is really good in general because with her more recent SBs she can pretty efficiently switch hit between damage and off healing with the same build.

She does a stupid amount of damage that I never expect because I have this picture in my mind of her role being the other half of Pro-Shellga + an Off-Healer. And then she goes around throwing out 25-35k CMD2s.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
Dupe Ancient Sword/11. :negative:

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

2/11 dupe desch ancient sword lit imperil and faris bracer wind imperil.

The wind imperil might be useful one day if I ever get a wind burst. I only have the wind damage command on Squall's bsb1 and aeroga/tornado strike for wind.

I'd have to actually level desch to have any use for his besides it being a stronger mage sword since I combined the dupe.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
3/11

yang ssb
cid ssb
laguna ssb

no dupes but on very meh heroes

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Kanos posted:

To be fair to DeNA, like 90% of the main named cast of FFT are either knights, knight trainees, or people with pretensions of being knights, and the knight skillset in RK tilts holy with a small splash of earth.

It's all a conspiracy by Big Orb to rob you of your Major Orbs as you create more copies/hones of Saint Cross.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Sesq posted:

Yeah I like the idea of a bard protectga/shellga with supportbreakdown and good BSB. He's definitely an interesting option to fit into a team with Agrias and her SB/SSB/BSB2/OSB.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hm, 3rd Agrias BSB, and Fang's BSB. Not bad, been wanting more FF13 stuff.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I went FuSoYa/11. You know, if I'd gone 0/11, that's bad luck and I can accept that. Asking me to put this dork in my party is actively insulting.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

FuSoYa is a beard elemental. What can possibly be bad about that?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

MikeSevigny posted:

I went FuSoYa/11. You know, if I'd gone 0/11, that's bad luck and I can accept that. Asking me to put this dork in my party is actively insulting.

It's FFIV synergy armor. I've found that relatively hard to come by.

And full White/Black capability isn't all that bad.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

1st AD posted:

It's all a conspiracy by Big Orb to rob you of your Major Orbs as you create more copies/hones of Saint Cross.

Don't bring Big Orb into this. It knows when people are talking about it, and have powerful vassals.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 22, 2017

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hell yeah, glad I pulled on the Imperil Lucky:

3/11, 2 Raine's Gloves for his Holy Imperil and Lightning's Enkindler. On top of her LMR I pulled earlier I can finally freaking use Lightning like I've been wanting to since she was first introduced in Global.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fusoya's Imperil is great, it comes with a stackable faithga. The only problem with it is Fusoya not having good darkness abilities; which can be fixed by rw'ing Raines (or some other dark magic bsb, I guess)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Fusoya's Imperil is great, it comes with a stackable faithga. The only problem with it is Fusoya not having good darkness abilities; which can be fixed by rw'ing Raines (or some other dark magic bsb, I guess)

I'm trying to think up a silly all-mage FFIV CM team

FuSoYa (white magic, faithga/imperil)
Rydia (OSB)
Palom (SSB)
Edward (SSB/BSB)
Golbez (old SB, MM/DZ mule)

Edward and FuSoYa can stack faithgas, Palom's has a nice -MAG/-RES effect, can get a full proshellga up and treat fusoya like a white mage...

RW Raines BSB and boy howdy it might actually get things done. Everyone has a good synergy weapon too.

Considering my only other IV relics worthy of note are Kain's SSB/BSB, this might actually be my best IV team.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Since this is my first Orbfest, do I need to run all the Armor material stages before the end of phase 1 for the Mythril or can I do them later during a phase with Orbs I want less?

If it's a new set of Armor stages each wave I don't want to miss out on a bunch of Mythril waiting.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Not 100% sure about this one but in previous orbfests you could leave them and do it later - just don't forget.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
There was one or two early orbfests where the equipment mats dungeons reset with each wave. Now they don't, but I still do them ASAP in case they ever do decide to reset them!

My lucky pull was 1/11 Lightning BSB2 which is new so I will take it. I did laugh when I realized that other than the different element, it's the exact same as Zack's BSB.

edit: \/ Guess they're not exactly the same then! But pretty close

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 22, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

iPodschun posted:

There was one or two early orbfests where the equipment mats dungeons reset with each wave. Now they don't, but I still do them ASAP in case they ever do decide to reset them!

My lucky pull was 1/11 Lightning BSB2 which is new so I will take it. I did laugh when I realized that other than the different element, it's the exact same as Zack's BSB.
Zack's BSB commands are actually slightly faster and are Celerity, where Lightning's BSB commands are Combat

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Kanos posted:

Something that worked really well for me in JS Proudlclad was having her RW Lightning USB. And then sticking her doublecast Summon RM on.

'Twas beautiful.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Good trade.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Got dupe Agrias BSB, Leo SSB (which I will never use since I have much better imperil holys with Beatrix and Agrias BSBs), and Exdeath BSB. My first imperil dark and something fun for Exdeath, even if it's not an amazing relic, so I'll take it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Got Beatrix BSB(dupe) and Desch SSB. BLAH. Though imperil lightning is new for me. Just don't see it justifying a party slot for mr desch.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 22, 2017

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Fran's lightning imperil. I can't exactly make a good lightning team so this is pretty much just a statstick for me.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
2/11, Jihl's folding baton and a dupe Thancred BSB dagger.

Solid get for 25 mythril. Hoping I do at least as well on the other Luckies.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
3/11 - Zack BSB, Fran SSB, dupe Fang BSB. Should I prefer Zack over Fang for my wind imperil? I dont have a great lightning setup yo use Fran's SSB with, but I bring her to pretty much everything these days because I have her pentabreak, so it's still kinda neat.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Screw all you Edgar haters! The point of the Chainsaw is not for the poison imperil (that's a nice bonus), it is that even the normal Attack command shows him with the mask and tree-grinder. Have some nostalgic appreciation!

I'm happier to receive that than Cid Raines' SSB fist and Gabranth BSB (great with Sephiroth's endark gloves and OSB).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MikeSevigny posted:

I got two of them. I'm still mad 12 hours later.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

3/11- Fran SSB, Steiner SSB, Edward BSB. The Harp seems kinda neat anyway and none of the 3 were dupes, so :toot:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
100 gem draw..

Mog's SSB!

I pretty stacked in FFVII though, so trying to fit Mog in somewhere may be tough.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
gently caress YEAH FIRST PULL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I really wanted Celes' BSB2 or Relm's USB so I went in for two pulls:

3x Mog Bells
Setzer SSB
Celes LMR

oh well :(