Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

God drat I'm still mad about losing Schmidt. The Capitals should have been willing to give up a lot to keep him but it doesn't shock me that Trotz and MacLellan don't actually see how good he is and the type of value he's going to provide on like a $2M a year contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/877895324785922048

I guess they think Boo Nieves is ready to slide into the 4th line C position? Otherwise this seems pretty dumb. Hrivik would be perfect on the 4th line.

hrivik is a wing and i guess they think jensen will be better in that role. still, hrivik is solid and that does seem kind of stupid, yeah

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Aphrodite posted:

There's still Gudbranson.

Benning made the entirely uncharacteristic move of only signing him for a year - which will already be real bad for the Canucks - so I'm okay with it as long as Benning gets canned before he can extend him again

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

a false posted:

hrivik is a wing and i guess they think jensen will be better in that role. still, hrivik is solid and that does seem kind of stupid, yeah

Ooops, I thought he was a C. I guess he's sick of being stuck in Hartford. Seems like another JAM situation, and if he gets a chance somewhere I bet he's going to be a great bottom 6 guy.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Hrivik seemed solid every time he was up. I don't get this at all.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
there's not going to be trades

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Okay, it makes sense to me from a game theory perspective for GMGM to make relatively soft deals with teams to take bad contracts and stockpile picks. I can see tactic there. And I guess the reason he's still selecting poo poo players when there isn't any deal is because the plan is a hard tank? Okay, I think that's a bad plan, but I suppose there's an argument for it. It's something GMGM himself executed in 2003, so maybe he feels comfortable with it.

So why the gently caress take the actually good, skilled, cheap, young defenseman off the Caps?! I'm half betting he grabbed Nate Schmidt just as a gently caress you for all the poo poo he's gotten about the Forsburg trade. What a motherfucker.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
When there aren't any trades, every player should be asking, "Where're the trades?"

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
some of the defensemen who got norris votes over McDonagh are lol

McDonagh should get some kind of "played with the biggest boat anchor and still managed to be good" award

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

glynnenstein posted:

Okay, it makes sense to me from a game theory perspective for GMGM to make relatively soft deals with teams to take bad contracts and stockpile picks. I can see tactic there. And I guess the reason he's still selecting poo poo players when there isn't any deal is because the plan is a hard tank? Okay, I think that's a bad plan, but I suppose there's an argument for it. It's something GMGM himself executed in 2003, so maybe he feels comfortable with it.

So why the gently caress take the actually good, skilled, cheap, young defenseman off the Caps?! I'm half betting he grabbed Nate Schmidt just as a gently caress you for all the poo poo he's gotten about the Forsburg trade. What a motherfucker.

GMs have an attachment to guys they draft?

The player so nice he drafted him twice!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

whatis posted:

there's not going to be trades

You just have to believe harder, bro

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I also wonder if there's bad blood between McPhee and McLellan. I have absolutely no info on that one way or the other, but it's entirely plausible to me that the dude isn't super fond of his former assistant who took his job. No reason to play nice if the relationship is already bad.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:siren: We have our first post-freeze trade! :siren:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/877913709435387905

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Let's get this party started!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Since Carolina has been rumored to be looking to move one of their defensemen for other pieces, is this the "replacement" to help round out the roster when they try move someone like Faulk

e: sounds like those rumors might have been more wishful thinking by other teams so nevermind.

Levitate fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 22, 2017

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I feel like there has to be another piece moving out. Vegas took an AHL forward and a 5th from Carolina which is an incredibly low grade haul. I was sure Stempniak would have been taken by Vegas.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Vegas needs AHL forwards too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Goddamn our blue line is getting stacked though.

Slavin, Pesce, Hanafin, Faulk, TVR plus AHL depth.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Vargatron posted:

i can't tell if this is sarcasm b/c some of those guys are good, but adding TVR does not contribute to stackedness

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Where are the trades? And hey, who wants Ryan Murray? They protected him so let's flip him with some things for Eberle/Duchene/Tavares LET'S GO JARMO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OH38-vSBx4&t=25s

"Thank you!" :smug:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

These men who abuse each other for my amusement don't have enough hate in their hearts.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

i can't tell if this is sarcasm b/c some of those guys are good, but adding TVR does not contribute to stackedness

I guess not but hey bottom pair is always suspect.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vargatron posted:

Yeah I don't know if this is so much stacked as it is a proper 1st pairing, a proper 2nd pairing, and some depth players.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

CBJSprague24 posted:

Where are the trades? And hey, who wants Ryan Murray? They protected him so let's flip him with some things for Eberle/Duchene/Tavares LET'S GO JARMO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OH38-vSBx4&t=25s

"Thank you!" :smug:

you're not getting tavares. please stop thinking that you are getting tavares. that is a thing that an unintelligent person would think.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

a false posted:

you're not getting tavares. please stop thinking that you are getting tavares. that is a thing that an unintelligent person would think.

I mean, Snow got bent over last night so who knows?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

I mean, Snow got bent over last night so who knows?

he did? they gave up a mid-round first in a mediocre draft, a 2nd a year later, and a middling prospect for the chance to offload a huge albatross contract and keep their entire core intact. now they have cap space to bring in an eberle/duchene. it was a good deal.

e: when their protected list first came out i thought he was a moron because i thought they were going to lose their first and a useful player. instead they lost nothing useful to them AND offloaded grabovski's contract. vegas would have been better off rejecting the deal and taking hamonic/de haan/nelson, any one of whom they could have had.

a false fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 22, 2017

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

deoju posted:

These men who abuse each other for my amusement don't have enough hate in their hearts.

I miss the good old days of grown men legitimately arranging a fist fight to sort out a minor business dispute.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/877924280566112257

c'mon Hamonic to Oilers

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Here comes the good poo poo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Please not Hamonic on the Oilers he's actually okay.

Also please direct inject these trades into my veins. No time to distill it, just cut that poo poo raw.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Freebase trades.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Please not Hamonic on the Oilers he's actually okay.

For some reason I'm feeling more like a combo of Cizikas/Lee/Nelson. It seems like a more appropriate Oilers move

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

(Opens my big Christmas present) oh wow you got me a… strome

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Oh my lord, here it comes

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
yeah.... Yeah!!!! Give it to me baby

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

a false posted:

C'mon man, let me have my fantasy before all our souls are crushed when somebody like Chicago or Pittsburgh somehow gets Eberle, Duchene, AND Tavares.

e- God damnit I have to go take a phone call and then go to the bathroom before I actually get to make the post and my joke gets ruined. :fuckoff:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Hold on to yer butts

(Dont do anything stupid bergevin)

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/877926697101742080

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/877926772024766466

• Locked thread