Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Deceptive Thinker posted:

psh yeah...I got PAID to see it

that money is dirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

psh yeah...I got PAID to see it

After the first 3, this is the only way you'd get me to see them too haha.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Why cookie Rocket posted:

What's this "we" stuff, kemosabe?

Giving myself and Keldroc poo poo.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Giving myself and Keldroc poo poo.

I mostly just like that dumb quote and saw an opening.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

catch22 posted:

You guys know these movies are terrible but keep seeing them...

Stockholm syndrome.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Other than the first one, I can't remember which movie is which. It's like I have memories of random scenes but no clue as to which movie they belong to. I still don't know what happened in #3. Which one had Devastator's balls? Was that the one with Leonard Nimoy?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yesssssssssssss! I just got my first MPs in the mail today: Tracks and Red Alert. MPs are so cool and good!!!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the guy from Semisonic posted:

Other than the first one, I can't remember which movie is which. It's like I have memories of random scenes but no clue as to which movie they belong to. I still don't know what happened in #3. Which one had Devastator's balls? Was that the one with Leonard Nimoy?

You've discovered the secret of the Bayverse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The oversized WJ Headmasters are shipping out, and at $13 a pop they're cheaper than the original Hasbro releases. The scale is excellent and so far they've added a few upgrades (like flaps that cover Hardhead's fists). I mean, everyone knows I'm the KO King these days but WJ's releases continue to improve with every new bot. I ordered Hardhead from SirToys since I need to own every single version of him that I can get my hands on.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The oversized WJ Headmasters are shipping out, and at $13 a pop they're cheaper than the original Hasbro releases. The scale is excellent and so far they've added a few upgrades (like flaps that cover Hardhead's fists). I mean, everyone knows I'm the KO King these days but WJ's releases continue to improve with every new bot. I ordered Hardhead from SirToys since I need to own every single version of him that I can get my hands on.

Additions to cover hollow bits are much welcomed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
God drat, please keep posting updates of when they put out new stuff, I'm pretty isolated from that market outside of this thread, but Wei Jiang Headmasters would be rad and that OS Hardhead looks way better than the original.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Skullcruncher and Brainstorm are also shipping out. Highbrow and Wolfwire were show at a toy show so they will be forthcoming at some point.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

SpikeMcclane posted:

As superior as we may want to feel, we're still idiot fuckos for paying to see that trash.

Yeah... I ain't doing that. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. Fool me 5 times in a row and I should just throw myself off a cliff.

You know what bothered me the most, even more than the "plot" holes?
The aspect ratio changing every 10 seconds
You have shot-countershot scenes with 2 sides of a conversation done in completely different aspect ratio

A recurring theme of the Transformers movies is how lazy they are and how the filmmakers give no shits whatsoever

One thing that kinda bothers me about Hollywood movies is that the guys locked away in dungeons doing special effects probably put more care, effort and talent into their work than the actual people who write, direct and produce films

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 22, 2017

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Skullcruncher and Brainstorm are also shipping out. Highbrow and Wolfwire were show at a toy show so they will be forthcoming at some point.
An OSKO Skullcruncher would be fun. I never picked him up due to leg problems or something people were complaining about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
From the debut at the show

WJ is a little odd in what they do. At the same time as these they're also still working on OS Combiner Wars guys.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

The fact that they're cheaper than Hasbro stuff is... pretty annoying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The fact that they're cheaper than Hasbro stuff is... pretty annoying.

Well they had very little R&D costs (stolen CAD files) and it's intended for the Chinese market where everything is cheap as poo poo.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They filled in his waist and remolded the legs for additional transformation, that rocks! (forearm covers too!)

But what is up with that head color urgh

I've mentioned it before but you can achieve that leg transformation in the original by unscrewing the croc legs (they slide in and don't require the screw per se), but this turns him into a partsformer (which he already is but oh well). It does help him stand much better though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tardigrade posted:

Stockholm syndrome.

Gross.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Man I wish the toy had this head instead :(

With this and if the Backpack collapsed it'd be perfect.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sentinel Red posted:

It's Bluestreak. Smokescreen has gold head thingies, not red.

yeah, you're right. The legs and knees are coloured wrong, which led me to Smokescreen

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blackheart posted:

Man I wish the toy had this head instead :(

With this and if the Backpack collapsed it'd be perfect.

Wait...does he really have a gold chain on and brass knuckles?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

I dunno about the chain, but the toy has knucks as well. They say "EVRES" and "TCETORP"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think that's his police shield like how plain clothes detectives wear them in every police procedural ever

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Barricade is a great example of the change in direction the movie series went. In T1 it was about the bots hiding, and they spent a lot of time in their vehicle forms. Barricade was great because even though he was a "normal police car" his "To punish and enslave" written on the car was a great little subtle nod that he was evil.

Now the movies are all about the robots, very rarely transforming into their vehicle modes. Sigh.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Medullah posted:

Barricade is a great example of the change in direction the movie series went. In T1 it was about the bots hiding, and they spent a lot of time in their vehicle forms. Barricade was great because even though he was a "normal police car" his "To punish and enslave" written on the car was a great little subtle nod that he was evil.

Now the movies are all about the robots, very rarely transforming into their vehicle modes. Sigh.

the comics are the same to be honest. Even James Roberts made a joke about it in More Than Meets The Eye

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bumblebee and Hot Rod get a lot of vehicle time in TLK, though? Too much, it feels like.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Phy posted:

I dunno about the chain, but the toy has knucks as well. They say "EVRES" and "TCETORP"

Not "EVALSNE" and "HSINUP"?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Bumblebee and Hot Rod get a lot of vehicle time in TLK, though? Too much, it feels like.

I kind of like how ballsy it is to get out of plot stumbling blocks by saying "this thing is a Transformer, just take our word for it" a bunch of times.

EDIT:
Speaking of, there was actually several pieces of concept art for the robot mode of Hitler's watch. They ranged from insects with the outer casing becoming wings, to a weird goblin guy, to miniature assassins with watch-strap scarves

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 22, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

I kind of like how ballsy it is to get out of plot stumbling blocks by saying "this thing is a Transformer, just take our word for it" a bunch of times.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my comment about Bumblebee and Hot Rod using their vehicle forms.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

alt cover for Lost Light number 7, giving a little bit of credence to my theory that somehow Magnus brings back Megs from alt Cybertron

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm not sure what that has to do with my comment about Bumblebee and Hot Rod using their vehicle forms.

I was agreeing with your sentiment about TLK having a lot of alt-mode time for some of the robots, to the extent that they just started naming random poo poo as actually being Transformers in order to move the movie along.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Not on the deluxe; I guess we'll see on the Movie MP when that comes around

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

He's still got To Punish And Enslave on the side of his car but his brass knuckles will leave PROTECT stamped onto your body. Barricade rules. I hope he enters G1ish canon like Lugnut did.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

I was agreeing with your sentiment about TLK having a lot of alt-mode time for some of the robots, to the extent that they just started naming random poo poo as actually being Transformers in order to move the movie along.

Oh. I didn't understand, sorry.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

He's still got To Punish And Enslave on the side of his car but his brass knuckles will leave PROTECT stamped onto your body. Barricade rules. I hope he enters G1ish canon like Lugnut did.
He did. He's dead in IDW. Just like Bulkhead! Thanks IDW!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Spiderdrake posted:

SIGH

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Spiderdrake posted:

Once again a prime example of why I don't like the IDW continuity, they introduce something interesting and then kill it off for cheap shock value

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my first KO Masterpiece (or any Masterpiece) today with Tracks, and he's pretty good! I was expecting him to be a bit taller for some reason, but I like him. Backpack looks a bit weird since it sticks up so far behind his head but I guess that's just the character design. I didn't have any problems getting it to tab in and stay put, which it seems like is everyone's big complaint about the kit.

I bought a set of reprolabels to stick on and after that it's going on my desk at work to probably sit in alt mode most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

IDW Bulkhead was never depicted dying.