Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lurdiak posted:

Ayyy. That's exactly why I'm doing this Toxx.
Saved this from my last run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Does anyone have a good alternative to imgur (primarily with deletion links)? Really hate their new redirection thing when you try to access an image directly.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What the best AP place in World 3. I think it was some stingrays, but forgot if there is a better option. The drawback of having red mage is a LOT of AP is needed for it final rank, and since I got a white mage, I do want that dual cast.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Rirse posted:

What the best AP place in World 3. I think it was some stingrays, but forgot if there is a better option. The drawback of having red mage is a LOT of AP is needed for it final rank, and since I got a white mage, I do want that dual cast.

Movers?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Rirse posted:

Bal basement statues, L5 Death or Gold Needles.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011

Another one for the Bravest Pile, and my first Triple Crown, Chemist is sooo good!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Rirse posted:

comedy option: phoenix tower

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Lurdiak posted:

Ayyy. That's exactly why I'm doing this Toxx.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
anything particularly valuable I can steal for thief/ber/ser/ker

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

The axe from Titan is absolutely worth going for

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titan has the Gaia Hammer as a rare steal. Twin Lance for your Thief from Statues. Genji gear, of course. Reflect Rings from Reflect Mages if you don't want to bother grinding Barrier Tower. Thornlets from Lamia Queens if you're playing SNES/PS1 for underflow magic glitch. The Rift has Aegis Sheilds from Gorgimera and Bone Mails from Necromancers.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Bad Seafood posted:

All The Bravest (Thus Far)

Plot.lost
Dwall (x2)
Koobes*
Supremezero
Focacciasaurus_Rex
Bufuman
Vernatio
Serene Dragon
Olive Garden Tonight!
Ssmagus
Blue Link
Fhqwhgads

That's $70 for those of you keeping track.
I offered Koobes double for their trizerker run, and I'll offer the same to you.

So far I'm on that list. Don't intend to break it now.

If Fifth Job doesn't give me a Knight or Mystic Knight, I'll be good!

Also gotta add that I am a butt, too :allears:

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 22, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Doom Goon posted:

Does anyone have a good alternative to imgur (primarily with deletion links)? Really hate their new redirection thing when you try to access an image directly.

Do you mean the whole long string of nonsense when you try to drag the image to the URL bar? That happens when you try to go to the image before it's fully loaded. Give it a few seconds and you directly link it just fine. If you mean something else, then :shrug:

My second run is Bard, Dragoon, Ninja, Red Mage. This is easy street compared to Berserkers. I have actual elements to play with, and abilities to give out!

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Geo/Ber/Zer/Ker

:(

Hopefully once I get Krile I get a better job.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Pure chaos has given me Bard / Mystic so far. I got a Mystic as my water crystal last run, but I'm certainly not complaining. Can't wait to try out Bard, though.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
lolchemist

My party was so strong that I went right to the void after picking up Holy. Too bad about those level 5 summons, but I don't think I was going to use them anyways. I've never completed the game at such a low level (max 29), and I could easily have done this several levels fewer.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I'm stuck on neo exdeath with black mage, berserker, berserker, and geomancer.

I just instantly die to almagest at full health. I can't destroy that part fast enough either. Am I just screwed?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ledgem posted:

I just instantly die to almagest at full health. I can't destroy that part fast enough either. Am I just screwed?

Use the wonder wand to cast shell on whichever of your non-berserkers has over 800 hp. This requires some setup before the fight and then you better hope they don't die or get petrified before you kill off the almagest part. Otherwise grind til at least one of your non-berserkers has at least 1700 hp.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kashuno posted:

Titan's Axe from Twintania while it's charging up.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Eat it, nerds

Rynyin
Feb 10, 2006

H.Y.C.Y.BH?

Blue mage and Chemist is so broken

Another butt for the pile!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ZiegeDame posted:

Eat it, nerds

Mods????

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got Blue after Karnak so I missed out on Iron Claw. Am I correct that the Bal statues won't use Death Claw on me without control (ie dancing dagger confuse will use it on themselves), so my next chance is Boatgamesh?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, that's correct.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Freelancer is still good, because ribbons are incredible and pair well with rainbow dresses and aegis shield no matter the class, but it also means you can use certain weapons as items to get special effects. You can break rods early on for tactical nukes and to deal with omniscient, The sealed katana that isn't sasuke's can cast haste, the defender casts protect, and power staff can berzerk things. The wonder rod and magic lamp (for odin abuse) can round out anything else you need. And you can even use the heal staff! Basically the freelancer will be on item support while your beserkers do their thing.

About the only enemy you won't be able to deal with is Omega. But you'll be able to beat Shinryuu and exdeath down just fine.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 22, 2017

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
pretty sure breaking rods on omnis face counts as a physical action

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

I got Blue after Karnak so I missed out on Iron Claw. Am I correct that the Bal statues won't use Death Claw on me without control (ie dancing dagger confuse will use it on themselves), so my next chance is Boatgamesh?

I think the tree dudes outside Exdeath's castle use it normally. Granted, if you're at Bal already, your next chance to go there is when you're about to fight Boatgamesh anyway, so it probably doesn't make much difference.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Ledgem posted:

Another option is to just spam Break at the Almagest part and hope it sticks.

Odds aren't good but it CAN work. It depends on your levels, but if you're in the low 30's it's about an 8% chance per cast. If you can get off 6 break spells before Almagest, you have about a 38% chance of killing him during one of those casts.

derra fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 22, 2017

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I've come to the conclusion that I do not like the Fifth Job command.

derra posted:

I'm not sure how/where FF5 rounds, but I have about an 8.2% chance to kill a guardian on hit, and a .000000494 percent chance after your 224 hits.

These are hits and not swings right?

Don't forget the crystals evade spells 20% of the time on top of the hit chance.

This looks about right. Which is why I assume it happening to me was a result of the game somehow bugging out.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

KataraniSword posted:

I think the tree dudes outside Exdeath's castle use it normally. Granted, if you're at Bal already, your next chance to go there is when you're about to fight Boatgamesh anyway, so it probably doesn't make much difference.
I just got it for my Fifth Job Blue Mage from the Treants, so yeah, they do use it normally. You have to hope they don't Berserk themselves, sadly, and they might run out of MP, so it might take a bit, but probably still more reliable than loving about during the boss fight.

tbh, I never found a really good use for it, though - can someone enlighten me? The Crystals are obvious, I guess, but for me they were already dead (you know, what with my Blue Mage coming around only after Galuf died). Afterwards, I draw a blank. TwinTania's Gigaflare form?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I couldn't find out how to make a space on the naming board on the SNES version so I don't know if A-Butt works. I did it anyways, just in case.

That was the easiest NED fight I've ever had. I did #reg #upgrade and got Blue Mage, Summoner, Ninja, Dancer. So I had to struggle with the low HP at times, but seriously, that team was loving amazing. I went into NED with Golem and Big Guard all set up from TreeDeath, immidiately hit Almagest with the first Shoat, Magic Lamped the Magic bit to death, used mindblast on the Grand Cross part to make it fall asleep and then just blasted the fucker with wind knifed syldras and chicken knife sword dances. Made sure the sleeping bit was last to avoid the gently caress You stage. It was fun.

He hit me once between golem casts for 300-something damage due to back row and protect. My lvl 27 ~600 hp dancers (they are all att full hp in the screenshot) beat the poo poo out of that monstrosity.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
So, my team for my second run is White Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dancer, and despite having a few fairly powerful classes, I still feel pretty weak? White Mage is amazing at keeping me alive, and I'm sure that Holy will nuke people when I get it, but Mystic Knight is starting to disappoint me. Break Blade is godly in random encounters, but takes a turn to set up, and a lot of bosses are immune to whatever sword magic I have, making the Mystic Knight feel like a less powerful Knight in a lot of fights. Beastmaster is kind of tedious to use, even with the gourd, but whips are nice for a team as squishy as mine. Dancer has the highest damage potential on my team, but it is incredibly squishy.

Are there any synergies I'm missing? White Mage seems to be barely holding this team together, even though the individual parts should be really powerful.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Vernatio posted:

So, my team for my second run is White Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dancer, and despite having a few fairly powerful classes, I still feel pretty weak? White Mage is amazing at keeping me alive, and I'm sure that Holy will nuke people when I get it, but Mystic Knight is starting to disappoint me. Break Blade is godly in random encounters, but takes a turn to set up, and a lot of bosses are immune to whatever sword magic I have, making the Mystic Knight feel like a less powerful Knight in a lot of fights. Beastmaster is kind of tedious to use, even with the gourd, but whips are nice for a team as squishy as mine. Dancer has the highest damage potential on my team, but it is incredibly squishy.

Are there any synergies I'm missing? White Mage seems to be barely holding this team together, even though the individual parts should be really powerful.

White Mage makes a pretty good Fire Lash user (alternatively, you could give them the Sage Staff for Holy nukers, and give !White6 to Beastmaster for super-powered Firaga procs). I'm not actually sure if !Dance and !Spellbade have synergies. Every knife but Man-Eater is !Spellblade compatible; as long as !Dance doesn't overwrite your !Spellblade a Sword Dance Flare Sword will suitably wreck anything that you can't demolish with elemental or status effect !Spellblades.

All this takes a while to build up to though. Catch/Release can get you past a lot of roadblocks (including W2 Exdeath) as long as you aren't on Mobile; it's a shame that it takes so long to learn for everybody.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KataraniSword posted:

Oh are THOSE the ones? When looking it up I confused them with the berserk tree dudes in Moore so I thought they were out of reach. Ah well, Missile has served me okay in the same "take a large chunk out of big guys" niche so far though I think they hit different vulnerabilities.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

agradine posted:

Every knife but Man-Eater is !Spellblade compatible; as long as !Dance doesn't overwrite your !Spellblade a Sword Dance Flare Sword will suitably wreck anything that you can't demolish with elemental or status effect !Spellblades.

They do stack, by the way.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Spellblade and Dance are compatible.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Supremezero posted:

They do stack, by the way.

Sounds like a pretty excellent end-game win button, certainly for the Dancer if not the Mystic Knight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Which of the sealed weapons are throwable? I got all the ones I need for my class of White Mage, Red Mage, Ninja, and Zerker and now just grabbing anything I figure my ninja can shove into Exdeath's face.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vernatio posted:

Your problem is mostly in that you lack offensive muscle; Beastmaster is good for utility but not a real powerhouse (aside from one-and-done !Catches), !Spellblade is absurd but Mystic Knight itself has only barely-above-Freelancer levels of Strength to attack with and is stuck with normal swords even as the game shifts to prioritizing Knight Swords and Katanas. In the latter half of W2 up until you get Holy and Flare, your entire offense is going to come from Chicken Dances.

On the flipside, you should concievably never die as soon as you get to Regole and get Shell.

Rirse posted:

Which of the sealed weapons are throwable? I got all the ones I need for my class of White Mage, Red Mage, Ninja, and Zerker and now just grabbing anything I figure my ninja can shove into Exdeath's face.

Excalibur, Holy Lance, Sasuke's Katana (which the Ninja should be using if he's not Twin-Chicken), Rune Axe (which the Zerk should be handling), Masamune, Assassin's Dagger (which is too nice to throw away except on the final boss if the Ninja isn't using it).

In other words, anything with a blade, plus the spear.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KataraniSword posted:

In other words, anything with a blade, plus the spear.
As a general rule, it's "anything with an edge or a point", right? (Moonring Blade, you stupid corner case)

• Locked thread