Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm honestly not sure I even believe him. He constantly talks about how much he idolizes Hillary. Hillary is supposedly his hero and reason for entering politics. He wouldn't just make all that up, would he???

Certainly not. And I'm sure the story of his crying daughter is as real as Baby Jesus being born in a manger on December 25th the Year of Our Lord 1ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/877917629553328128

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dreylad posted:

I've come to accept I'll never get a handle on ironic distanceposting that is CSPAM and just continue to post earnestly as best I can.

i like to think of my posting as whimsically earnest

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i'm indifferent about pelosi because she's the average dem representative and they'd choose another incompetent milquetoast and the inbred media will just play up them as the great satan

attack pelosi on policy, not popularity. like the average dem she's malleable

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dreylad posted:

I've come to accept I'll never get a handle on ironic distanceposting that is CSPAM and just continue to post earnestly as best I can.

i appreciate both

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

lol that the oligarchy wound back the clock this far

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm honestly not sure I even believe him. He constantly talks about how much he idolizes Hillary. Hillary is supposedly his hero and reason for entering politics. He wouldn't just make all that up, would he???

I don't and I was just thinking that. If he voted for Bernie it's cause he got tangled up on his lanyard in the voting booth and fell on the wrong button.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

that's why I like it so much

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dreylad posted:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

while i'd love for peoples' lives to be better the nature of capital forbids it and thus i appreciate the end of the "keeping it in the family to keep race pure and family rich" anglo-saxon hegemony and at this point "order at all costs beep boop" germany and "social logic is discouraged except when money is involved" china would be a marked improvement

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lessail posted:

i'm lost please explain

Just the same old taking a small bit of the book out of context and assuming she's some kind of anti-feminist gamergater because she doesn't particularly like A Video Game and admits as much in the book.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dreylad posted:

Oh that's ironstache, cool. I get why people would be cynical about his potential fall as soon as someone finds some kind of moral failing.

It's very fickle

the more he opens his mouth, the more liable he is to be discarded but at the same time he needs exposure.

the left has a Schrodinger bench of potential players that may or may not exist depending on what happens next :q:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dreylad posted:

ironyposting is just a way of careposting tbh

also

ironystache

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

oh now I get it! hell yeah let's do this

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hi, im david yankovich

what donald drumpf is doing is inexcusable

it's an insult the country i love so much

i've served this country. my retard foot got me kicked out of the military for this country. i tied electrodes to uighur penises to extract confessions for this country. im proud of this country and im not giving up.

TORMP BAD. who is with me??

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dreylad posted:

Just the same old taking a small bit of the book out of context and assuming she's some kind of anti-feminist gamergater because she doesn't particularly like A Video Game and admits as much in the book.

that seems lame

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Serf posted:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

welp with these responses he has jusg assured he will get zero dnc support

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

It's very fickle

the more he opens his mouth, the more liable he is to be discarded but at the same time he needs exposure.

the left has a Schrodinger bench of potential players that may or may not exist depending on what happens next :q:

He's already got a decent handle on social media with that twitter handle pick, so I'd say there's hope

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

ironystache

:bernpop:

im straight for ironstache*

*until it is revealed that he has murdered children and kept them embalmed in his basement in a grotesque display that is supposed to be an offering to Hillary Clinton

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lessail posted:

that seems lame

it is

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ex post facho posted:

welp with these responses he has jusg assured he will get zero dnc support
even without DNC support they did better in these hard R districts than ossoff did

i dare say there are probably inbred money strings attached with getting DNC support

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

do these voters exist

pro-lifers tend to be rather strident

yeah

sometimes they even manage to be nominated to be the democrats' vp candidate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dreylad posted:

oh now I get it! hell yeah let's do this

thats the spirit!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is this what bad dems and their supporters talk about when they say 'policy wonk'? supporting the terrible status quo on any important position while trotting out milquetoast positions on tiny issues no one gives a gently caress about and probably as soon as you look under the surface you realize that their milquetoast position is still bad and a masquerade for privatization or some other corporate cocksucking?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

is this what bad dems and their supporters talk about when they say 'policy wonk'? supporting the terrible status quo on any important position while trotting out milquetoast positions on tiny issues no one gives a gently caress about and probably as soon as you look under the surface you realize that their milquetoast position is still bad and a masquerade for privatization or some other corporate cocksucking?

I think so yeah, it's also poo poo technocrats loving love

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

got any sevens posted:

like the single payer bill in CA she's helping kill? she's a piece of poo poo who is letting other people die because she'd rather have more money
b-b-b-but she's a representative in the federal government and not part of the state legislature. don't you even know how the government works??? :smuggo:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

PRESENTING: A transcript of the fateful first meeting between Randy Bryce and David Yankovich

BRYCE: Now look. I don't know who ou are or what you are, but we've got twenty three million people about to lose their health care. If we don't act now we won't get them back alive.

(The Cybercandidate opens its mouth but does not move any lips as it speaks in a strange sing-song tone that puts emphasis in all the wrong places.)
YANKOVICH: They will not be covered.

BRYCE: Why not?

YANKOVICH: It is unimportant now.

BRYCE: But we must stop the AHCA! When-

YANKOVICH: There is really no point. They could never be insured now.

BRYCE: But don't you care?

YANKOVICH: Care? No, why should I care?

BRYCE: Because they're people and they're going to die!

YANKOVICH: I do not understand you. There are people dying all over your world yet do not care about them.

BRYCE: Yes, but we could avoid their deaths!

YANKOVICH: You will be wondering what has happened. Your astronomers must have just discovered a new congressional district. Is that not so?

BRYCE: Yes, that's right

YANKOVICH: That is where we come from. It is called Mondas.

BRYCE: Mondas? But isn't that one of the ancient names of Wisconsin District 1?

YANKOVICH: Yes. Aeons ago the congressional districts were twins, then we drifted away from you on a journey to the edge of space. Now we have returned.

BRYCE: But who or what are you?

YANKOVICH: We are called Cybercandidates.

BRYCE: Cybercandidates?

YANKOVICH: Yes, Cybercandidates. We were exactly like you once, but our polling scientists realized that our race was getting weak.

BRYCE: Weak? How?

YANKOVICH: Our fundraising was getting lower, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced.

BRYCE: But that means you're not like us. You're robots!

YANKOVICH: Our brains are just like yours, except that certain weaknesses have been removed.

BRYCE: Weaknesses? What weaknesses?

YANKOVICH: You call them "principles," do you not?

BRYCE: But that's terrible! You, you mean you wouldn't care about someone in pain?

YANKOVICH: There would be no need. We do not feel pain.

BRYCE: But we do!
(Suddenly, Bryce lunges toa desk and presses a button.)

BRYCE: That'll fix you! Twitter will know there's an emergency here now!

YANKOVICH: That was really most unfortunate. You should not have done that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption posted:

yeah

Job cut your way to prosperity. Gamify The Labour Market.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

the first one isnt wrong

Pelosi is just fine as a House leader, and most of the House reps pushing for her replacement are conservative Dems whose only stated rationale for replacing her is that she's too demonized by the right and might be scaring off moderate Republican votes

i don't think it's sexism, but "we should replace this person because Republicans dislike them" is about the ordinary level of idiocy I'd expect from Bad Dems, and there's more House Dems to her right than to her left so her replacement would likely be to the right of her

at the height of the Gilded Age, radical leftists were engaging in assassination attempts against CEOs and terrorist bombings on Wall Street, while unions were getting into literal gun battles with strikebreakers and Pinkertons while federal troops were regularly being called to intervene by force in labor disputes

ultimately, capital only makes concessions to the left when they fear that the social pressure that's building might explode into outright revolution, and that's been the case regardless of which party is in power

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm Happy Ossoff Lost.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

at the height of the Gilded Age, radical leftists were engaging in assassination attempts against CEOs and terrorist bombings on Wall Street, while unions were getting into literal gun battles with strikebreakers and Pinkertons while federal troops were regularly being called to intervene by force in labor disputes

well Steve Scalise just got his dick and balls blown off at baseball practice so get hype i guess

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Serf posted:

also

ironystache

Sincerity is the final form of irony poisoning after all

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

the first one isnt wrong

Pelosi is just fine as a House leader, and most of the House reps pushing for her replacement are conservative Dems whose only stated rationale for replacing her is that she's too demonized by the right and might be scaring off moderate Republican votes

i don't think it's sexism, but "we should replace this person because Republicans dislike them" is about the ordinary level of idiocy I'd expect from Bad Dems, and there's more House Dems to her right than to her left so her replacement would likely be to the right of her

Around 51% of the dem caucus in the house voted for a medicare for all bill (which went nowhere but w/e) so nah there's plenty of people to replace her loser rear end

Serf
May 5, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

ultimately, capital only makes concessions to the left when they fear that the social pressure that's building might explode into outright revolution, and that's been the case regardless of which party is in power

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

the first one isnt wrong

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/877906704792297472

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
Actually you will find that historically unprecedented levels of organization for voting across implausibly long stretches of time have the most chance of radically* changing the government and economy. I'm sure it's been done before but don't press me on exactly when.

*tepid social democracy that is easily killed

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

a lot of that is indictment of the party's true platform and its infrastructure and lol if you think bad dems won't offer up one of their peers to continue the russia-style incompetent opposition party schtick they're being paid for

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like seriously you guys realize youll just get someone with similar politics and shittier whipping if you replace pelosi right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm from georgia and i say purge 'em all

• Locked thread