Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't know why people think Eberle is going to become a better player now that he's with Tavares. He's still good though and only getting Strome in return seems bad.

Eberle had a down year and still put up 51 points. Surely he produces at least 60 when he plays with the Islanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Serious question: how is stromes defense

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

The Golden Man posted:

Serious question: how is stromes defense

it's not

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

a false posted:

it's not

Excellent

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Eberle looks pretty good right now.

https://public.tableau.com/shared/TY4SXZKDM?:display_count=yes

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

a false posted:

it's not

hahahahahah

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think it's fair to say Eberle will be the most talented winger Tavares has ever played with (possibly excepting maybe Okposo who was good and skilled but in different ways)

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Attaboy garth

I would've flipped my poo poo if the isles gave up Hamonic for Eberle, but strome for Eberle straight up loving owns

Strome still has a chance to be good, he has to get his head right and actually come to play every night but the skill and hockey iq are there.

Now get duchene or galchenyuk and let's get Tavares re-signed for a lifetime plz

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Rotten Cookies posted:

This is actually a good defense for Knights. Bad defenders will actually debilitate the other team's offense.

Because in Vegas, as long as you sit at the slot you're drinking free.

Excellent

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The last time the Oilers traded a really good winger for a really bad return, they did better than they were expected to. So surely McDavid will put up 120 points and Talbot will win the Vezina as the Oilers win the Stanley Cup and Peter Chiarelli wins GM of the Year, making the heads of every person explode.

I also have full confidence the Islanders will make the playoffs in 2018, in addition to re-signing Tavares.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

So are the rangers gonna trade Stepan+ for a top d or what

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Make the trade, Jeff

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Haha

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/867223410899910657

gently caress

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/877933488661463043

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I guess that's not a god awful trade but oh man if I was an oilers fan I would be real nervous with Chiarelli behind the reins

As a Penguins fan, it pleases me greatly that there's a serious possibility that poor roster management might be a real limiting factor to McDavid ever getting close to achieving a legacy like Crosby

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/614514061993115648

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I guess that's not a god awful trade but oh man if I was an oilers fan I would be real nervous with Chiarelli behind the reins

As a Penguins fan, it pleases me greatly that there's a serious possibility that poor roster management might be a real limiting factor to McDavid ever getting close to achieving a legacy like Crosby

a la the Isles with the first half of Tavares's career.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Alternatively, it's because of poor roster management that McDavid ends up being considered greater than Crosby because he has to work that much harder to make his team better, unlike Crosby.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
God damnit gently caress this stupid rear end division

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Meanwhile, Doug Armstrong tents his fingers in great anticipation of trading #20 and #27 for pick #8 and Michael Rasmussen

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Eberle is going to get a better return than Hall isn't he

The thing about that...

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/877937287329234945

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
A good start but let's see some more poo poo

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
george mcphee is dumb

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Schlemko should be worth more than a 5th round pick 2 years from now.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Schlemko only got a fifth?

What happens in vegas, stays in Vegas (unless you want to give us a late round pick)

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
honestly if mcphee trades away all the halfway decent guys he drafted that aren't young enough to still be impactful when the team has a chance at relevancy 3-4 years down the line that's... maybe a good idea?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

McPhee has no idea what he's doing. What a steal for Montreal.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

a false posted:

honestly if mcphee trades away all the halfway decent guys he drafted that aren't young enough to still be impactful when the team has a chance at relevancy 3-4 years down the line that's... maybe a good idea?

Get more than a 5th round pick if you're doing that.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

a false posted:

Better idea: get more than a 5th rounder for a really good third pairing dude.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Glambags posted:

So are the rangers gonna trade Stepan+ for a top d or what

I don't think there are any top D available but people keep circling around Arizona and what it'd cost them to acquire Stepan (probably a 1st round pick and one of their young forwards)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
oh...that was a bad trade. I thought they were going to actually keep Schlemko

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

My opinion of McPhee has dropped sharply in the last 24 hours.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

How do you get a second round pick for tvr and only a fifth for schlemko?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

How do you get a second round pick for tvr and only a fifth for schlemko?

When you deal with the cunning Bergevin, you best be prepared :c00l:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

"Hey George, we'd really like Schlemko but I dunno man we're kinda tapped out on draft picks. We'd love to offer a 2nd rounder but I think a 5th is as high as we could go. Wait what you'll actually do that uhhhh ok sold"

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

McPhee is still drunk from a party last night, right? A 5th round pick?!

e: I'm forming an idea that the whole Vegas Knights GM job is a revenge angle from McPhee to stick it to the Caps. He's going to hand out quality defensemen like candy while the Caps search in vain to replace Nate Schmidt.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I am prepared for the Sbisa-Emelin top pairing to start the season in Las Vegas after they trade off all their good D for peanuts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There's a new cop on the forc--Twitter, he's on Twitter, actually:

https://twitter.com/SergeiBobrovsky/status/877886949435908098

I want him to go back and forth with Bryz.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I mean I guess Strome has actual talent but you'd figure the Oilers would remember the last time they traded for a formerly highly-touted Islanders prospect with lingering skating issues and think twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

McPhee is such a nice and swell guy.

• Locked thread