Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah i mean like it's never happened that explosive short-term growth is ultimately unsustainable and having a blase attitude toward internal security results in poor public perception when your competitors are able to freely copy and improve your designs

i mean why would anybody be more concerned with sustainable, long-term growth and having a competitive advantage???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

I can't believe apple's management has dropped the ball like this selling the most profitable consumer product in history and reaching 3/4 of a trillion dollars in market capitalization their days are surely short
the tendency of tech "analysts" to treat apple as if all their current success is some sort of unsustainable fluke that will surely come crashing down any moment is always funny. sure theyve amassed a quarter-trillion dollars of cash on hand but its only because of sheeple and marketing sleight-of-hand, and the slightest breeze or tremor will see the whole thing collapse like the house of cards it really is

meanwhile google sends airplanes crashing into the ground left and right (phoneblocks, motorola, boston dynamics, nest, verity, glass, waymo, etc etc) but they remain a shining beacon of a tech company doing everything right

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Stymie posted:

apple still doesn't use nvidia chips to this day because they leaked a product they were providing to apple and steve burned their business relationship to the ground

but the last macbook with an nvidia was the 2013 retina 15 with a gt 750m
and nvidia just announced a new pascal driver set for osx

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

FMguru posted:

the tendency of tech "analysts" to treat apple as if all their current success is some sort of unsustainable fluke that will surely come crashing down any moment is always funny. sure theyve amassed a quarter-trillion dollars of cash on hand but its only because of sheeple and marketing sleight-of-hand, and the slightest breeze or tremor will see the whole thing collapse like the house of cards it really is

meanwhile google sends airplanes crashing into the ground left and right (phoneblocks, motorola, boston dynamics, nest, verity, glass, waymo, etc etc) but they remain a shining beacon of a tech company doing everything right

its because techwatchers and investors are idiot children who see only shiny baubles. apple is actually run like a business and makes decisions like a traditional business and therefore cant be good and successful because thats not how tech companies are supposed to act. half of microsofts problem is theyre trying to act more like these trendy startups instead of operating as a business.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

explosive short term growth [for 15 years]

obviously their stock isn't going to 10x in the next decade, if you wanted to get rich on apple stock that ship has sailed

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

SRQ posted:

and nvidia just announced a new pascal driver set for osx
don't q... oh forget it

ufarn
May 30, 2009
these days, it seems like apple's only expansion goal is to lobby congress to repatriate their overseas money so they can issue dividends to shareholders or some poo poo

they even praised the tax cut draft with a $2/4T accounting error

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

qirex posted:

explosive short term growth [for 15 years]

obviously their stock isn't going to 10x in the next decade, if you wanted to get rich on apple stock that ship has sailed

ESPP gonna own this summer. I'm getting stock for like $85-90 a share. Not as good as the days I got stock for $10 (post-split), but still good.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

SRQ posted:

please don't dox my posting machine

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
personally i think its fuckin cyber as hell that apple has its own intelligence agency with the best and brightest skimmed out of the NSA, CIA and FBI, purely to track down and murder rogue foxconn factory workers

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
did the foxcon employee who leaked apple's entire product line right before WWDC get caught yet?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no and they won't be because tim doesn't care about security

steve would have dragged the leakers on stage wearing black hoods and executed them personally in front of the keynote audience

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
AMA about cowboy-coding data-science-driven internal spying tools resulting in IRL prosecutions jk that's all I have to say

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

emoji posted:

AMA about cowboy-coding data-science-driven internal spying tools resulting in IRL prosecutions jk that's all I have to say

is that why you became so bitter?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Stymie posted:

steve would have dragged the leakers on stage wearing black hoods and executed them personally in front of the keynote audience

With U2 blasting away in the background.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

emoji posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trilljester posted:

With U2 blasting away in the background.

it was really pathetic how tim's starfucking tendencies bled over into him trying to emulate steve with all the fawning over u2

alternatively:

u talkin' u2 2 me?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stymie posted:

it was really pathetic how tim's starfucking tendencies bled over into him trying to emulate steve with all the fawning over u2

alternatively:

u talkin' u2 2 me?

i liked this and analyze phish quite a bit lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

:thunk:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

its a podcast where harris wittels (rip) tries and fails to convince his much less funny counterpart that phish is decent. its funny

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

its a podcast where harris wittels (rip) tries and fails to convince his much less funny counterpart that phish is decent. its funny

welcome

this is a farmhouse

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
thats the most i've ever listened to phish in one sitting

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

phish is bad and their fans are worse

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Endless Mike posted:

phish is bad and their fans are worse

eh, i did security at a big concert venue in high school and at least phish fans never got violent, even if they tried way too hard to get you to do drugs with them. dave matthews band fans are horrible because it's all college girls and then college boys trying to gently caress the college girls and as they get drunker and closer to the realization that the girls don't want to gently caress them, they get violent

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
next iphone gonna have a sick greatful dead logo on the back instead of a nibbled apple

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pram was right

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
too little imo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

exploded mummy posted:

too little imo
maybe its a quick 6-hour placeholder until some admin approves the permaban

phish: not even once

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

are there any good macs this time?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

are there any good macs this time?

yes, p much all of them other than the lumber one

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
ur moms macbook has finally arrived

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Phish is real bad but the podcast with the dead heroin addict was decent, especially the parts where the hardcore fish idiots ripped on him for not doing a good enough job getting Scott to like terrible white man music

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
jam bands suck rear end

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dislike button posted:

jam bands suck rear end

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Dislike button posted:

jam bands suck rear end

ahem

mlyp

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dislike button posted:

jam bands suck rear end

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

AWWNAW posted:

Phish is real bad but the podcast with the dead heroin addict was decent, especially the parts where the hardcore fish idiots ripped on him for not doing a good enough job getting Scott to like terrible white man music

The idiocy that is "Fluffhead" is astounding and I am so glad that one episode ended on it because the lyrics make the song sound so amazingly stupid.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i think its cool that this has turned into the phish thread

:2bong:

but.. yes i don't enjoy them.. they're bad and. not fun and i didnt see them in chicago last year..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Last Chance posted:

RIP Terrorist

• Locked thread