Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

:lol: :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Danny Ainge really has about the ideal track record you'd want in a GM so if he stays put it's not really a big deal but it's not very exciting for me

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I physically cannot bring myself to click this

Lockback posted:

Kris Dunn for LMA. That's like a top-10 pick last year.

Oh, congrats Suns Fans, maybe (maybe according to Porzingis's Brother)

https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/877895847354146820

Porzingis' brother is basically his manager. He routinely hops in and answers questions for him during interviews.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope the Knicks get Bledsoe because it means they are more likely to take one of Lauri or Collins.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
dolan jigglypuffed phil to sleep with that trayvon song, it was too powerful and residual sleep cannot be avoided

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877944351376121856

gently caress off Monty with your 3 hour old scoop, we still here

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Not a bad haul for staps .

Bledsoe, Monk, Jackson/Taytum, Carmelo is a decent core with a mix of age and youth. Phil doesn't deserve it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the dolan trayvon song is sure something

it's well-intentioned but uhhh black kids getting shot dead outside their homes by crazy racists who walk free dont need you to write songs about them

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Lockback posted:

Kris Dunn for LMA. That's like a top-10 pick last year.

Oh, congrats Suns Fans, maybe (maybe according to Porzingis's Brother)

https://twitter.com/TheMontyShow/status/877895847354146820

That guy is a nobody, I doubt it's true

Related:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/877943891143434240

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please don't trade KP :(

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

:stonk:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Shear Modulus posted:

the dolan trayvon song is sure something

it's well-intentioned but uhhh black kids getting shot dead outside their homes by crazy racists who walk free dont need you to write songs about them

Raising Awareness is the most a poor artist like JD can do really. And that's not nothing, the power of music is known to change hearts.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AllegedCarelord/status/877940559524102146

You guys need a certain level of intelligence to get his lyrics

He wrote that poo poo from 3 different perspectives. poo poo is deep maaan

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The song is also like 3 years old

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Nurkic looked pretty good after the trade last season and without him they basically have no one to play center. Pretty much no way they can be competitive without Nurkic.

Realistically Portland can probably only dump Leonard. But they should probably be seriously considering trading CJ as well. I love CJ but he and Dame are basically the same dude and awful together on defense. Moving those two would get them under the cap.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
wait he changed it from JD and the Straight Shot to James Dolan and the Straight Shot?

He removed even the half-attempt at being clever and thematic in order to make sure everyone knows it's him?

Is he still pretending he's friends with the musicians

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Paul Zuvella posted:

The song is also like 3 years old

Its new to me.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
as bad as all the Cavs nonsense makes me feel, the Knicks are just going to be terrible foreeeeeeever, yeah?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

wait he changed it from JD and the Straight Shot to James Dolan and the Straight Shot?

He removed even the half-attempt at being clever and thematic in order to make sure everyone knows it's him?

Is he still pretending he's friends with the musicians

James Dolan is remarkably like Joe Piscopo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyLNhSOZZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJRowAe9ovY

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't wait for the Suns and Knicks to agree to a deal in principle then swerve Celtics take Jackson and gently caress it all up

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jota posted:

I can't wait for the Suns and Knicks to agree to a deal in principle then swerve Celtics take Jackson and gently caress it all up

tbh this is what I'd literally do if I were the celtics.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

leftist heap posted:

Nurkic looked pretty good after the trade last season and without him they basically have no one to play center. Pretty much no way they can be competitive without Nurkic.

Realistically Portland can probably only dump Leonard. But they should probably be seriously considering trading CJ as well. I love CJ but he and Dame are basically the same dude and awful together on defense. Moving those two would get them under the cap.

Nurkic is an RFA in 2018 and someone is going to offer him the max if he keeps up his play from end of last season. Even if Portland trade Leonard and don't take any salary back, they will be right at the luxury tax border next year even if they don't resign any of their free agents, so maxing Nurkic will put them well over. Because they were over the tax line in 16/17 (by $66,000 lol) and are certain to be this season that would make it three years in a row and make them a repeater tax payer. They are going to have to move CJ and probably not get a lot of value back for him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope Phil is asking a king's ransom for KP and by that I mean I hope the Kings trade us their entire future for KP

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
http://hinkie.theringer.com/

This is amazing

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

listen, I know the phrase "worst loving poo poo i've ever heard in the entirety of my god damned life" gets tossed around pretty loosely these days, but

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I woke up in the middle of the night last night in a haze, noticed the date was 6/22 and thought "Oh, gently caress, I forgot to watch the draft!"

Is that what it felt like to be David Kahn?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I'm not gonna get my hopes up but if King Zing is a Phoenix Sun my dick might explode.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What time does the draft start? 7?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

listen, I know the phrase "worst loving poo poo i've ever heard in the entirety of my god damned life" gets tossed around pretty loosely these days, but

Hahah, i had to share the pain, as you will to someone dear to you in the future. Its the Piscopo plague

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What time does the draft start? 7?

When Boston is on the clock at 3

ESPN starts broadcast at 7

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I don't know how anyone could follow the decision-making of NBA owners/GMs and not be convinced that capitalism is broken

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
LMA disgruntled, wants out.
https://mobile.twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/877910833778442240
Like whatever, I get it. I was never as down on his performance on the Spurs as others, I think he's been good, but this is just another symptom of his mental fragility. I blame Portlandia culture :smugdog:
But it's all good cuz apparently George Hill wants back in
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2017/06/22/sources-aldridge-on-the-trading-block-george-hill-eyeing-a-return/
Perfect timing to sign him and then trade Georgie for another future superstar

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

tanglewood1420 posted:

Nurkic is an RFA in 2018 and someone is going to offer him the max if he keeps up his play from end of last season. Even if Portland trade Leonard and don't take any salary back, they will be right at the luxury tax border next year even if they don't resign any of their free agents, so maxing Nurkic will put them well over. Because they were over the tax line in 16/17 (by $66,000 lol) and are certain to be this season that would make it three years in a row and make them a repeater tax payer. They are going to have to move CJ and probably not get a lot of value back for him.

If they're gonna trade Nurkic away too then... what is even the plan then? They're not going to get anyone to replace him in the draft and they aren't going to get anyone in free agency and if they did it would put them in a worse cap situation than resigning Nurkic.

Man those Crabbe and Turner contracts are such albatrosses.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I honestly don't see any package the Suns could offer that would make me ok with trading KP, even if Booker was on the table. The Celtics are really the only option if this goes down, which it wont because god doesn't hate me that much. I hope.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

tanglewood1420 posted:

Nurkic is definitely getting the mini max.

Also I'm 99% sure that Portland stayed under the tax by like $5,000 last year, but I think the actual numbers come out in early July.

Seriously though worst case scenario the Blazers have to throw in a first round pick to get rid of Evan Turner this season or next.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hinkie's Revenge is probably the best piece of content that the Ringer has put out ever

i'm sunshine colangelo

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

According to a Knicks source, Jackson is asking for the third overall pick in Thursday's draft as well as next year's Brooklyn pick along with Jaylen Brown and Jae Crowder. This version of the deal would not include Boston taking on Joakim Noah's contract.

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/877954756907601920

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lol no thank you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You only have one New Jersey pick left anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Take Jalen Brown out of that deal and I'd do that as Boston.

Or maybe keep Brown in but get the Knicks to throw in something more on their end like a heavily protected first rounder.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread