Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kea posted:

Pretty sure it doesnt, If this is on PC I bought a 2 year cake and didnt get a teamup.

If it doesn't then they actually made a variant of the 2 year cake just for this vendor that doesn't, which is sort of shocking when you consider the number of items that still refer to defunct systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

If it doesn't then they actually made a variant of the 2 year cake just for this vendor that doesn't, which is sort of shocking when you consider the number of items that still refer to defunct systems.

I cant check for certain since I am banned but as far as I know the cake definately does not contain the team up, someone active would have to confirm.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

I can't confirm it myself yet, but as far as I know the login gift cakes (2 year on day 366, 3 year on day whenever) do contain the respective TUs (IM, Cap) whereas the vendor cakes don't (but the vendor has the TUs for 365 slices each). They weren't originally in the cakes, but login gifts for the events, and were then added to the login reward cakes.

Of course I learned about that after spending the 365 slices on Cap and a few days before I'll get the day 366 cake ...

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

vuorikissa posted:

Of course I learned about that after spending the 365 slices on Cap and a few days before I'll get the day 366 cake ...

Cap isn't in the Day 366 2-Year, Iron Man Mk II is. Also, the cake vendor doesn't sell the Cap that was given for free. They're just reskins, of course, but if you haven't bought enough to max TU synergy it's still an opportunity to wring some more DPS out of your roster for free. If it's the default costume one in the cake, you'll have to wait until day 730 to get the dupe token anyway.

It is sort of blowing my mind that they made variants of the cakes for this poo poo though.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Cap isn't in the Day 366 2-Year, Iron Man Mk II is. Also, the cake vendor doesn't sell the Cap that was given for free. They're just reskins, of course, but if you haven't bought enough to max TU synergy it's still an opportunity to wring some more DPS out of your roster for free. If it's the default costume one in the cake, you'll have to wait until day 730 to get the dupe token anyway.

It is sort of blowing my mind that they made variants of the cakes for this poo poo though.

Yeah, I mixed up Cap and IM then, my bad. Bought both TUs from the event vendor anyway, so no matter which one is in the cake, I wasted 365 slices ;)

Not that I plan to log in all that much anymore after the anniversary anyway ...

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
Just a heads up to everyone, legendary mystic scrolls still drop, got one today (and yes to my great shame that means I logged in)

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I've just started playing again on PC and remembered I had a free hero token in my stash. It says to take it to the anniversary vendor but I can't seem to figure out how to redeem it. Any ideas?

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

suddenlyissoon posted:

I've just started playing again on PC and remembered I had a free hero token in my stash. It says to take it to the anniversary vendor but I can't seem to figure out how to redeem it. Any ideas?

Gonna need a time machine. This year's anniversary doesn't have an option to get or trade in free hero tokens.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

suddenlyissoon posted:

You cant anhymore, your best bet is put a ticket in and hope.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Kea posted:

You cant anhymore, your best bet is put a ticket in and hope.

That went about as well as I imagined. By that I mean, they said "too bad" and maybe one day the anniversary NPC would show back up.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Playing the console version to level up Storm and... it's just not as good as PC.

The controls, the new systems it's just a bit meh.

I think it's because there's no options to hide/lower your own FX and it makes midtown really tricky to play. Plus no prestige colours so no point to it. It's an improvement on closed beta though.

I'll probably play with characters I really like on PC, but as I play Spidey/Storm/Emma/Rogue/Venom/Goblin/X-23 and bits of Torch and most of them aren't on console I won't be bothering as much.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/876873504737460224

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't believe ICR poisoned Asros

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

With how he keeps pushing Wawas, I'm surprised this is the first poisoning that has been attributed to ICR.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This leaves no other options.

He must amputate his legs. Don't let the corruption spread.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I can't believe ICR poisoned Asros

Grinning Goblin posted:

With how he keeps pushing Wawas, I'm surprised this is the first poisoning that has been attributed to ICR.

I would never. Wawa is a healthy option compared to most. And you can fill up your gas and use the tinkler in a very very clean restroom.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
And get first rate coffee and hot dogs. But don't tell mr gaz that wawa has good hot dogs. Don't want the wrong crowd at the best gas station ever.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I miss wawa. 7-11 is crap.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im sorry sir you are allergic to mustard for your health i must recommend you no longer eat a hotdog

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This leaves no other options.

He must amputate his legs. Don't let the corruption spread.

I would never. Wawa is a healthy option compared to most. And you can fill up your gas and use the tinkler in a very very clean restroom.

IS WAWA the QT of the east coast?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Man this just cements that ICR is our modern day King in Yellow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Man this just cements that ICR is our modern day King in Yellow.

Thank you all very kindly. My throne of piss and mustard will be where I sit for my days.

On a separate note, and I'm asking this out of curiosity since just about all of us love ARPGs of all shapes and sizes: Anybody going to be playing Diablo 3 since the Necromancer comes out next week? or The super huge expansion of Path of Exile drops next month...anybody looking to put some time in there?

I ask because our community rules and a yellow man never abandons his men and woman. With some cool ARPG additions ahead, just wanted to see if anybody was going to play some other ARPGs for awhile.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Thank you all very kindly. My throne of piss and mustard will be where I sit for my days.

On a separate note, and I'm asking this out of curiosity since just about all of us love ARPGs of all shapes and sizes: Anybody going to be playing Diablo 3 since the Necromancer comes out next week? or The super huge expansion of Path of Exile drops next month...anybody looking to put some time in there?

I ask because our community rules and a yellow man never abandons his men and woman. With some cool ARPG additions ahead, just wanted to see if anybody was going to play some other ARPGs for awhile.

Are you going to actually play poe with us this time?

Poe expansion is looking like its end of july or early august

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Are you going to actually play poe with us this time?

Poe expansion is looking like its end of july or early august

Naturally, I would love to and hope to. I travel way too much now but the good thing is I've been deprived of PC gaming for so long that I'm actually itching to come and play something for awhile. And loot games similar to this are my favorites.

Logging in won't be a chore anymore in a game--it'll be because it's fun and I want to. YAAAASSSS!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Gonna be playing D3, PoE, and then some fantasy football.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

phosdex posted:

Gonna be playing D3, PoE, and then some fantasy football.

Oh, we are absolutely be doing fantasy football. The email will be going out in July.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I will be playing with Nickromancer in David Brevik's Diablo III.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
IS necromancer a paid expansion or free?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It's $15 or your local equivalent.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Naturally, I would love to and hope to. I travel way too much now but the good thing is I've been deprived of PC gaming for so long that I'm actually itching to come and play something for awhile. And loot games similar to this are my favorites.

Logging in won't be a chore anymore in a game--it'll be because it's fun and I want to. YAAAASSSS!

def doing poe

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Rip playing with yous goons anytime soon, since I've only got D3 on ps4. It was fun when I was around tho.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I hope they don't make the best Necromancer sets/builds pet focused because controlling pets in D3 is a bit of a pain compared to MH. PoE it doesn't matter because it is all about having 90+ skeletons or you might as well be doing something else.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010
Im hopping on the PoE and D3 train. Havent played the former for a few leagues and the latter since season 5.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Jusupov posted:

*loss.jpg*
Need this to be real.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I enjoyed Diablo 3 but a new class is a bit too meager to hold my interest at this point, I wish the game had gotten another real expansion.

I have tried POE many times and find its high level stuff to be nearly impenetrable, but the new expansion addresses a few of my problems with having to play through the campaign over and over to level up, so I will definitely be checking it out.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I'm looking forward to the new POE patch so I can play the game for a couple hours and use it as a justification to rehash my complaint about how it looks like you dropped a deuce in your pants when you move across each engrossing brown swamp level.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Personally despise PoE's focus on ladders and the needless complexity of it's skill system.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 23, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

I'm looking forward to the new POE patch so I can play the game for a couple hours and use it as a justification to rehash my complaint about how it looks like you dropped a deuce in your pants when you move across each engrossing brown swamp level.

i thought you were being faecetious when you told me this but, nope, its really true

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Poe is genuinely fun to play for 2 weeks every 4 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lux Aeterna posted:

Poe is genuinely fun to play for 2 weeks every 4 months

Yup. A longer break this time with the expansion taking forever.