Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

And the demo steals the soul of another one.

We are "doomed."

Because you know, Dr. Doom, he is in this of course.

He's not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
the thread is more hype than the game is the dlc already on the forum

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Seriously, this thread just keeps delivering.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hexenritter posted:

Seriously, this thread just keeps delivering.
Would you say it delivers...infinitely?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

now what the heck is going on here

i learned through laughing at this game that there's some weird marvel youtube series thats called "tl;dr" that is actually super apt at summarizing the events of various comic stories and wow i forgot how loving dumb the infinity gauntlet plotline was

thanos literally creates a waifu with the infinity gauntlet so he can make death jealous and i hope this happens in this game

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Tried to read this thread but realized that was a mistake. What are the reactions like? MvC3 was the coolest poo poo in the world to watch and I'm hoping this game will require the same sort of insane engineering. Did they really get rid of assist moves?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

androo posted:

Tried to read this thread but realized that was a mistake. What are the reactions like? MvC3 was the coolest poo poo in the world to watch and I'm hoping this game will require the same sort of insane engineering. Did they really get rid of assist moves?

reactions: people with sponsored opinions and people that don't know enough to put just how bad this game is in to context think it's good.

assists are gone but there's gems and tagging into moves

this game will likely not require the engineering or whatever of mvc3 bc there's only two characters and no assists. if they use a dlc model like sfv with a balancing schedule or approach like sfv, anything insane will be neutered so you might get to see something cool every once and a while.

oh and there's an infinite prevention mechanic that causes a flip out from a combo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

androo posted:

Tried to read this thread but realized that was a mistake. What are the reactions like?
There was some initial concern about making it an "accessible" Marvel game, which turned out to be legit if you look at the inputs (when did Down Down Button become a thing?), then cautious excitement that was killed when the roster leaked, and finally had-scratching over the bargain mobile app art style.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Basically if you're interested in cool flashy fast paced Marvel style stuff, check out Dragon Ball Fighter Z, MvCI is something else now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watching some of the gameplay from e3 yeah there seems to be some cool stuff with the gameplay but I feel like there's more bad than good.

Also the story demo they put out is embarrassingly bad.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Watching some of the gameplay from e3 yeah there seems to be some cool stuff with the gameplay but I feel like there's more bad than good.

Also the story demo they put out is embarrassingly bad.

They made Liefeld captain the default skin it's not even DLC so that's cool.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

There's no assists??

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

androo posted:

They got rid of assists and replaced it with the ability to switch characters freely now. You can do something like a block string into a projectile then switch so your second character gets to continue pressuring while the opponent is still blocking the first character's projectile. You're basically going to be constantly tagging between your characters and it sounds kind of cool but it's still too early to tell how things will turn out.

MvCI seems like SFV all over again: the game will have its dedicated players who like it a lot but many returning MvC3 players probably won't like the way it plays. Casual players will probably hate it too because of the graphics, the terrible story mode, the paid DLC characters, and so on.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

also the game has 11 frames of input lag I forgot that part

11 frames

edit this is not true

Zand fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 16, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zand posted:

11 frames

is this why dashing around feels slow for me, because movement in general + some of the moves don't feel as snappy as MVC3

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

11 frames

lol for real? That's insane. Normally I'd be "well, it's just a demo" but knowing Capcom this might as well be in the final version. Also explains why movement looks decent but people are complaining about it feeling bad.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
James Chen said the E3 build was "too good" to make a demo to share with the general public, because it was "basically the full game"

Hmm I can think of a fighting game that let you download a pretty robust demo

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dias posted:

lol for real? That's insane. Normally I'd be "well, it's just a demo" but knowing Capcom this might as well be in the final version. Also explains why movement looks decent but people are complaining about it feeling bad.

it's three months out from release and it's capcom so yeah

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I hope the game gets broken open in like a weekend and everyone realizes how futile and pointless it is to play and it gets tossed aside.

Actually I hope that doesn't happen because no one plays it at all but I'll take what I can get.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Zand posted:

11 frames
Did you get that number from the DisplayLag video? He records at 120 FPS so the ~11 frames of input lag at 120 FPS is actually ~6 frames at 60 FPS.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Basically if you're interested in cool flashy fast paced Marvel style stuff, check out Dragon Ball Fighter Z, MvCI is something else now

This. DBZ game looks cool and good. It looks coolgood.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Fruitsnacks posted:

Did you get that number from the DisplayLag video? He records at 120 FPS so the ~11 frames of input lag at 120 FPS is actually ~6 frames at 60 FPS.

drat that's really good then

I guess the movement feels like poo poo because there's a big start up on every dash action then.

edit I mean I read the 11 frames thing and after I played the demo it seemed to explain the sluggishness. how does it feel so gross with 6.1?

Zand fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 16, 2017

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Zand posted:

drat that's really good then

I guess the movement feels like poo poo because there's a big start up on every dash action then.

edit I mean I read the 11 frames thing and after I played the demo it seemed to explain the sluggishness. how does it feel so gross with 6.1?

They nerfed wavedashing by putting all the movement into the later part of the dash so canceling a dash early makes you go nowhere. Pretty massive movement change.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It looks like a far more awkward and slower version of mvc(3) with less stuff and super bad character models

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ixiggle posted:

They nerfed wavedashing by putting all the movement into the later part of the dash so canceling a dash early makes you go nowhere. Pretty massive movement change.

I wonder if that actually affects distance covered/dash speed or if it just makes it feel worse. It's an unnecessary change, I never heard people bitch about wavedashing

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

it feels bad wavedashing in xvsf for that reason

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Despite that movement still feels good in that game, so idk wtf their deal is here other than it makes the game look too crazy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Here's your daily reminder that DBZFighters will kick the absolute poo poo out of this game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am not the biggest marvel guy but hulks fierce punch still has a lot of armour apparently so I can use that to beat a people who are a lot better than me undeservedly so that's basically all I want out of the game.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Fereydun posted:

now what the heck is going on here

i learned through laughing at this game that there's some weird marvel youtube series thats called "tl;dr" that is actually super apt at summarizing the events of various comic stories and wow i forgot how loving dumb the infinity gauntlet plotline was

thanos literally creates a waifu with the infinity gauntlet so he can make death jealous and i hope this happens in this game

Oh yeeeahh, I forgot she shows up in Thanos's win animation in Marvel Super Heroes. They probably forgot all about that though

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
If they keep special moves not building meter on block this game is confirmed to not have dedicated zoning, right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

darealkooky posted:

If they keep special moves not building meter on block this game is confirmed to not have dedicated zoning, right?

that and apparently advancing guard now reflects projectiles so RIP zoning

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

also chip damage sucks

sorry guys but zoning wars don't get good ratings on espn5

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CharlestonJew posted:

that and apparently advancing guard now reflects projectiles so RIP zoning

Chris is still an effective zoner because his Magnum can't be reflected. It now has to be reloaded, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Some Capcom dude just gave an interview and he called MVCI Chun-Li "ugly" and said that he never wanted to see her again. Guaranteed he gets in trouble with Polygon and Kotaku.

EDIT: Also from the interview:

There was recently a leak about the characters, and people picked up on the fact that a lot of classic characters aren't there, specifically the X-Men characters like Magneto and Sentinel. How do you guys feel about people being hung up on that?

Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

It's just the function that people are associating with the character, and there's no shortage of that. We made sure that all proper play styles can be represented with our current roster. The design team has been looking at that very closely. We wanted to make sure that if a legacy character doesn't happen to make the roster this time, that play style would still be represented. That somebody who has associated themselves with Magneto wouldn't be lost coming into this title.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 23, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
translation: Marvel said no mutants allowed. Nobody should have an attachment to a character at all, so long as we include characters that kinda sorta play like them

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Very few people likely play sub optimal teams because they like a character so I mean it's kind of true.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Harlock posted:

Very few people likely play sub optimal teams because they like a character so I mean it's kind of true.

I mean if you're just going to focus on mechanics as identity then why even bother with the Marvel license, might as well may everyone look like they came from Rising Thunder

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I mean if you're just going to focus on mechanics as identity then why even bother with the Marvel license, might as well may everyone look like they came from Rising Thunder

Agreed. Might as well drop the license then. It's time for chars like Nutgoblin, Tucson Wright and Chang Tsung to get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fadam posted:

Guaranteed he gets in trouble with Polygon and Kotaku.
not really because kotaku and polygon both ran articles about chun-li looking bad in mvci

• Locked thread