Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

You only have one New Jersey pick left anyway

Okay you're doing this on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/877943574796660736

It's happening again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

Okay you're doing this on purpose

Brooklyn whatever

You know what I mean

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Phil probably asking if Boston is open to trading Paul Pierce

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Phil probably asking if Boston is open to trading Paul Pierce

Lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I just want to say that if the Knicks trade KP, I hope they burn down the Garden tonight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

I honestly don't see any package the Suns could offer that would make me ok with trading KP, even if Booker was on the table. The Celtics are really the only option if this goes down, which it wont because god doesn't hate me that much. I hope.

I'd be ok with Booker and the #4 pick. I wouldn't be happy about it, I'd still prefer KP, but I would be able to handle him being traded for that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah I'm sure they are.

Bulls won't do it without Dunn and either Wiggins or Lavine(even then Lavine has an ACL)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

tanglewood1420 posted:

Take Jalen Brown out of that deal and I'd do that as Boston.

Or maybe keep Brown in but get the Knicks to throw in something more on their end like a heavily protected first rounder.

Brown being shipped would be real bad news if Hayward didn't sign so I'm uncomfortable with it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

Yeah I'm sure they are.

Bulls won't do it without Dunn and either Wiggins or Lavine(even then Lavine has an ACL)

Even the idea of getting 7 + Wiggins + Dunn isn't all that appealing

Maybe I'm underrating how much more room he has to improve his game, but it seems like Wiggins is good at volume scoring and nothing else. #7 will probably be...Malik Monk at best?, and then Kris Dunn is trash

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

oh god this is probably happening.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877959174537101312

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Related:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/877958286636703744

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kris Dunn was also a rookie. Not gonna bury a dude after one year.

But yeah he wasnt great last year.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I don't like Boston fans but I like watching the Celtics play basketball and this would be disappointingly cool from a team-building perspective

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Seth Curry is hosting the official Mavs draft party so don't expect him to be part of any potential trades.

also
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/877940471720325120

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Phil is thinking about how he can do the most possible violence to Knicks fans.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
All this poo poo is happening and yet the Pacers still have loving Paul George.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Josh Jackson, a guard, and one of their lottery firsts next year still doesn't feel nearly enough for KP

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Doltos posted:

Josh Jackson, a guard, and one of their lottery firsts next year still doesn't feel nearly enough for KP

Yeah the Booker deal is the closest one to reasonable. A bunch of picks is a bunch of chances. Nah.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

KP is team cancer and I don't want him spreading his selfish ideas to my best friends Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

mcmagic posted:

I just want to say that if the Knicks trade KP, I hope they burn down the Garden tonight.
I dunno, as angry as people rightfully are at the idea of the Knicks trading King Zing, it sounds like the Knicks are asking for a king's ransome

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Booker and 4 is a shitload for Staps.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

I dunno, as angry as people rightfully are at the idea of the Knicks trading King Zing, it sounds like the Knicks are asking for a king's ransome

Which if they don't get, just pisses off their young budding superstar / cornerstone building block. Genius!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Yeah the Booker deal is the closest one to reasonable. A bunch of picks is a bunch of chances. Nah.

You just really don't to want to root for the Nets to lose, you can't fool me

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If they do get close to #3, Nets pick, and Brown, I'd still hate it but I'd understand. Being married into a Celtics family would make it sting though.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

EvanTH posted:

wait he changed it from JD and the Straight Shot to James Dolan and the Straight Shot?

He removed even the half-attempt at being clever and thematic in order to make sure everyone knows it's him?

Is he still pretending he's friends with the musicians

I'm glad because he doesn't deserve the awesome name of "JD"

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

Even the idea of getting 7 + Wiggins + Dunn isn't all that appealing

Maybe I'm underrating how much more room he has to improve his game, but it seems like Wiggins is good at volume scoring and nothing else. #7 will probably be...Malik Monk at best?, and then Kris Dunn is trash

Here is the complete list of 21 year olds with around Wiggins usage since 2000
http://www.basketball-reference.com...order_by=ts_pct

As far as efficiency (TS%) he's right around the middle of that pack. He's probably near the bottom of that list in terms of those guys because he doesn't do enough of the other stuff, but those are almost all excellent players and in scoring terms Wiggins is right there with them.

BONUS: KAT is ridiculous.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

Here is the complete list of 21 year olds with around Wiggins usage since 2000
http://www.basketball-reference.com...order_by=ts_pct

As far as efficiency (TS%) he's right around the middle of that pack. He's probably near the bottom of that list in terms of those guys because he doesn't do enough of the other stuff, but those are almost all excellent players and in scoring terms Wiggins is right there with them.

BONUS: KAT is ridiculous.

-0.6 VORP, get that dude out of there

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If I had to choose between Wiggins and LaVine I would keep LaVine

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

-0.6 VORP, get that dude out of there

VORP is super dumb

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
As a lifelong hater of the Knicks and Phil I thought I would enjoy him destroying both the franchise and his reputation but somehow the idea of the Zinger getting traded bums even me out

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Lockback posted:

VORP is super dumb

I think you'll find if you replace him with -.6 of a D-Leaguer the Wolves would be fine.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The NBA is the best. There are no more mid-tier GMs. Only criminally incompetent idiots, stats gurus, and asset hoarders with 10 year plans.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

RCarr posted:

Which if they don't get, just pisses off their young budding superstar / cornerstone building block. Genius!

doesn't refusing to accept a trade for a massive set of assets look better to the player? Or are we assuming that he's already pissed off because he has to play next to Carmelo Anthony, the world's worst teammate

Cool Buff Man posted:

You just really don't to want to root for the Nets to lose, you can't fool me

Nets are going to make the playoffs before the Knicks do but it's true I don't want to root for them. But that's only because the arena always looks weirdly dark, like an ABA game where they couldn't afford to turn on all the lights, and their white/black with a massive red INFOR patch color scheme is super dumb

I guess I'm a Nets fan now. I live in Brooklyn anyways, why not. I also spend my weekends spying on the neighbors through a telescope and Caris "It's French For The Vertical" is welcome over to my roof any time

PEEPING PALS 2k17

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BWV posted:

The NBA is the best. There are no more mid-tier GMs. Only criminally incompetent idiots, stats gurus, and asset hoarders with 10 year plans.

It's great

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

EvanTH posted:

doesn't refusing to accept a trade for a massive set of assets look better to the player? Or are we assuming that he's already pissed off because he has to play next to Carmelo Anthony, the world's worst teammate

Nets are going to make the playoffs before the Knicks do but it's true I don't want to root for them. But that's only because the arena always looks weirdly dark, like an ABA game where they couldn't afford to turn on all the lights, and their white/black with a massive red INFOR patch color scheme is super dumb

I guess I'm a Nets fan now. I live in Brooklyn anyways, why not. I also spend my weekends spying on the neighbors through a telescope and Caris "It's French For The Vertical" is welcome over to my roof any time

PEEPING PALS 2k17

He's using the scope to find a better team.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hopefully Tim Frazier means Brandon Jennings will never see the floor again

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Trades now please

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

big boi posted:

Trades now please

Nothing will happen until the draft except sources from different sides of deals claiming the other side is asking too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

a new study bible! posted:

He's using the scope to find a better team.

and since he's looking towards manhattan he's not going to find one

• Locked thread