Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

PEEPING PALS 2k17

Lol. Wtf is this Rear Window poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Here's my gently caress it why not proposal:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ls5pa5y

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I need to stop watching STephen A on sativa cuz it's making me dream of melo and PG13 deals
Bye LMA. I feel like you got unfair criticism but to find out you blame Pop and the system for your regressions? I guarantee he's envious of Kawhi as well. :byewhore: Be evil and include Tony Parker. Maybe some picks? I love him but Frenchman was always the least willing to sacrifice of the Big Three (and actually my least favorite member, Pop agrees and made him cry) and plus he hosed Brent Barry's wife. That's gotta break the Spurs Code, right? Think I found a loophole
Distressed assets for distressed assets. Who says no 😩

Then sign CP3 or Lowry with the remaining room :getin:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877968014964006915

The 7th and Ricky Rubio for a 1 year PG rental.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah thats totally a gently caress you Bulls we totally don't need Butler we have PG as an option lower your asking price motherfuckers

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hmmmm I wonder if Chip Engelland could teach Ricky how to shoot...

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If Kris Dunn is used to get us Butler I'm gonna count that as totally vindicating my stance that Kris Dunn is actually good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/877866277531824128

GO KINGS

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Libertine posted:

Here's my gently caress it why not proposal:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ls5pa5y

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/877971947942019072

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Rasta_Al posted:

Lol. Wtf is this Rear Window poo poo

now this isn't to say that Le-Vert isn't for sure a good ol' fashioned Pre-Vert (sic), but people watchin' is somewhat more Okay-er in NYC than in other spots, and you get nude by a window at your own risk because, especially during the summer, there's a good chance you'll look up and see a few dozen people attending a roof party using your nudeness for their entertainment

still I don't think I know anybody in the city with a telescope. There's wayyy too much light pollution in the city to be using it for looking at the stars lol

Caris come over to my house we'll watch Krotki Film O Milosci together

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
How would Kawhi work next to PG? Two SFs no SG? Can PG play the 4?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

He doesn't like to but Larry forced him there anyways and he did fine, he can also play SG

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EvanTH posted:

PG can play and guard 2-4 they will be fine.

I have faith in Pop to figure something out.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

EvanTH posted:

PG is more likely to play minutes at the 2 than the 4 IMO

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The spurs are going to end up with George and Paul and I will cry

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Whatever happens today just don't let it be Derrick Rose

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Why the gently caress would Indiana want Lamarcus Aldridge? I assume they would try to flip him for a pick, but what team with a good pick would want LMA? Maybe Minnesota if they are planning on making the playoffs next year that would be shortsighted

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Green is around I don't think you'll have problems figuring out defense with Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

Soooomething tells me it'll work out fine.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Why the gently caress would Indiana want Lamarcus Aldridge? I assume they would try to flip him for a pick, but what team with a good pick would want LMA? Maybe Minnesota if they are planning on making the playoffs next year that would be shortsighted

If Minny wants to be short sighted just trade PG for the #7 instead of going through San Antonio

I am down for that, btw

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Somebody's got to make the playoffs in the East.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Whatever happens today just don't let it be Derrick Rose

Don't worry. It won't. Rose won't be til July 1st

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

LMA signed through next season with a player option the season after MAY be worth more than PG13 who has already told everyone he won't resign

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/877936726739533824

https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/877945948097400832

👀

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Haha come the heck on I obviously wasn't saying it wouldn't work. I wanted to know what to picture when I close my eyes and imagine the defense

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PG wasn't nearly as effective playing at 2 or 4, though he can. Not ideal, though.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That is really funny

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Wolves landing Butler a year after they had both a better draft pick and Butler's value being much lower is top tier NBA WTF

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I ❤️ this game
https://mobile.twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/877971947942019072

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Haha I wasn't saying it wouldn't work I wanted to know what to picture when I close my eyes and imagine the defense

Them being able to actually guard every single weapon the Warriors have on offense(I mean when Gasol's not in...)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvanTH posted:

doesn't refusing to accept a trade for a massive set of assets look better to the player? Or are we assuming that he's already pissed off because he has to play next to Carmelo Anthony, the world's worst teammate

I would be pissed if I was supposed to be the cornerstone of the franchise and the dude who drafted me is aggressively trying to trade me out of spite because I skipped an exit interview and his feelings are more important than the future of the club.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

PG wasn't nearly as effective playing at 2 or 4, though he can. Not ideal, though.

Kawhi can play the 2 (he handles the ball a ton) or whatever. They'd be fine. Positionless basketball.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I feel like if PG got a coach he liked/respected he could become a great 4. Like how Lebron hated playing the four until Spo finally got him to do it and it ended up being so dominant. It doesn't really matter tho.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Somebody's got to make the playoffs in the East.

Charlotte's #11 plus a young guy and maybe a future pick?

Would be a weird team but probably a 4th or 5th seed in the East

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Start paying attention to this thread and you'll find out the news faster. It's your only obligation today

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The biggest problem selling playing the 4 to PG in Indy was that Bird sold it to him as "I did this when I was old and hurt, and it was great!" No doubt Pop would have much more success, and drat that D with him and Kawhi on the floor would be crazy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Charlotte's #11 plus a young guy and maybe a future pick?

Would be a weird team but probably a 4th or 5th seed in the East

The Pacers were the 7th seed with almost everyone healthy.

Adding a big that's worse than George with all their wings leaving would make them better??

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/877955513039941632

This is taking Knickian suffering to an extreme level. At what point do we consider that Phil Jackson is committing crimes against humanity??

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Start paying attention to this thread and you'll find out the news faster. It's your only obligation today
It's just moving too fast for my high

Okay though

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Tae posted:

The Pacers were the 7th seed with almost everyone healthy.

Adding a big that's worse than George with all their wings leaving would make them better??

I was referring to Charlotte being the 4/5th seed, Indiana would be tanking in this scenario after flipping Aldridge to CHA (George going to San Antonio). Unclear since it was kind of following on my previous post

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's just moving too fast for my high

Okay though

I can understand that. The white knuckle thrills of this thread can be overwhelming. But it is worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lol if you don't think Zingis sees the jig from how they are treating Melo. And now himself now that he did one tiny act of defiance.

Not to mention an owner that doesnt give a gently caress about his org being run into the ground.

• Locked thread