Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Inzombiac posted:

Kamiko is good?

Yeah, it's a good and short game with three different playable characters and a few features that are aimed at speedruns. If you've played it through before you can break 30 minute 100% runs without much trouble. It's worth the asking price imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does anything unlock if you beat it with all three characters? I beat it with one %100 but there's still a ??? on the menu

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
You need to find all the secrets to unlock the sound test option. They're items hidden in each stage that refill all your health and cubes when you find them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Does anything unlock if you beat it with all three characters? I beat it with one %100 but there's still a ??? on the menu

No, each level has a hidden item that you find by interacting with a bit of level geometry. Getting all four unlocks that menu item.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr Cheeto posted:

No, each level has a hidden item that you find by interacting with a bit of level geometry. Getting all four unlocks that menu item.

Oh, never even found one!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Inzombiac posted:

Kamiko is good?

Extremely good and perfect for speed running. Routing it is just plain enjoyable.

One issue I have with it, though, is that you will actively move faster if you are moving diagonally with the Joycon D-Pad (I didn't test this with the Pro D-Pad) than you do moving similarly with the analog stick, but you move like you're on ice. It's weird.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh, never even found one!

They're completely obfuscated from the player's view, you have to smash your face against a particular pillar or whatever in order to find them. I guess it's fitting for a retro game to have something like that but I don't know how anyone was supposed to find out about them.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're completely obfuscated from the player's view, you have to smash your face against a particular pillar or whatever in order to find them. I guess it's fitting for a retro game to have something like that but I don't know how anyone was supposed to find out about them.

Hmm, maybe if there were some sort of limited-use item that you could use to show you where hidden items were.

Oh, who am I kidding, that would totally break the design and means the game is meant for for filthy casuals.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The Steam sale would be perfect on the Switch

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Modus Pwnens posted:

:yeah:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I just reached a rating of 3000 in Mario Kart and suddenly everyone I'm playing against is good now? What the gently caress I actually lose online now even if I wasn't assaulted by a barrage of shells

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Modus Pwnens posted:

Someday, Nintendo will figure out ever putting their things on sale. On that day, I will go bankrupt.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Someday, Nintendo will figure out ever putting their things on sale. On that day, I will go bankrupt.

You're talking about a company that blackballed retailers for selling NES cartridges for $59.00 instead of $59.99.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Instant Sunrise posted:

You're talking about a company that blackballed retailers for selling NES cartridges for $59.00 instead of $59.99.
I know, they don't know what a sale is and it makes me very sad. But someday! Breath of the Wild exists, someone there is capable of learning!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They do sales on WiiU and 3ds all the time. This system is not four months old

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dieting Hippo posted:

if you were looking at Cave Story+ and didn't want to buy the same thing again, good news! they added new areas/weapons and a new ending to the switch version.

I am interested in this because I have disposable income, like physical copies, and can delude myself into thinking that the money goes to Pixel.

Is it only Gamestop with the physical bundles with the keychain? The game has a cart, right? And can I get the new content with the old graphics and sound?

If those last two answers are yes then I've got a :10bux::10bux::10bux: appointment on the way home.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Hammer Bro. posted:

I am interested in this because I have disposable income, like physical copies, and can delude myself into thinking that the money goes to Pixel.

Is it only Gamestop with the physical bundles with the keychain? The game has a cart, right? And can I get the new content with the old graphics and sound?

If those last two answers are yes then I've got a :10bux::10bux::10bux: appointment on the way home.

Yes the keychain is GameStop exclusive. 1 of 3 inserted at random.

Yes there's a cart.

No to old graphics, yes to old sound. There's a total of 4 music options including a new one for this release.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I still don't know if the whole neo turf masters thing is an inside joke or not. I bought it thinking people were serious and it is loving terrible. The only way you would like it is if you played it when it came out and you are on a pure nostalgia trip.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

EpicNemesis posted:

I still don't know if the whole neo turf masters thing is an inside joke or not. I bought it thinking people were serious and it is loving terrible. The only way you would like it is if you played it when it came out and you are on a pure nostalgia trip.

giantbomb lieks it tho

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

EpicNemesis posted:

never played it when it came out, it rules, if you can't enjoy a fully mechanical+ aesthetic experience i dunno what to tell you

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

EpicNemesis posted:

Dumb goons in the Nintendo thread memeing over a bad golf game should come as no surprise.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Dumb goons in the Nintendo thread memeing over a bad golf game should come as no surprise.

yeah... not like the whole internet considers it a classic... dumb GOONS!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Golf Story looks good tho?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

s.i.r.e. posted:

There are goons in the steam thread who play hentai bejeweled and think it's ok and normal. Sometimes you just gotta know when to not buy a game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Neo Turf Masters isn't the greatest thing ever created, but it's pretty fun to kill a few minutes, which is what an arcade game is for.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neo Turf Masters is pretty cool and has amazing spritework but it really just makes me want Mario Golf Switch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I kind of like Neo Turf Masters as a fun quick play game but I can't see myself playing it anymore when Everybody's Golf drops in a couple months on PS4. That beta test for it was rad as gently caress.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
we need the good ol daytona games

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Neo Turf Masters is a good golf game and cheap but I'd rather play Mario Golf World Tour

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

EpicNemesis posted:

I never played it before and was surprised that I've been enjoying it. It will be in the pile of games I play when I need to kill time out of the house

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I'd kill just to have Neo Geo Baseball Stars 2 on the Switch.

drat if I don't want to see goofy roided up bats and stupid sound effects on my home runs again.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
worms armageddon on switch when?

gently caress the new one

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

spit on my clit posted:

I don't even know if there's a newer worms game than reloaded, but this statement is always true.

Armageddon and World Party are the only good ones. :smith:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

spit on my clit posted:

Holy poo poo would this be good. Team17 get on it!!

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
I am an American currently traveling in Europe with my American Switch and American credit card.

I want to buy Arms off the eShop, but the transaction is being denied. I know my credit card is working fine, I can use it on other local stuff.

Is my American card not allowed to buy from a European IP? What's up?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Xad posted:

I don't even know if there's a newer worms game than reloaded, but this statement is always true.

Armageddon and World Party are the only good ones. :smith:

What is the actual explanation for what happened with Team17? Did they fire and replace everyone as soon as Armageddon went gold or what? Not even Sonic Team dropped into the shitter as suddenly and drastically.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I am an American currently traveling in Europe with my American Switch and American credit card.

I want to buy Arms off the eShop, but the transaction is being denied. I know my credit card is working fine, I can use it on other local stuff.

I think payment methods are region locked. Why don't you just buy it from the US e-shop?

Edit: Oh I misread, you mean you're trying to buy from the US e-shop with your US card but you're being denied because you're in Europe?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What is the actual explanation for what happened with Team17? Did they fire and replace everyone as soon as Armageddon went gold or what? Not even Sonic Team dropped into the shitter as suddenly and drastically.

Team17 is basically a publisher now, they helped publish Yooka Laylee.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The most recent Worms game (finally) isn't total shovelware, called Worms W.M.D. Works great local, would be awesome on the Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4oBUqGeok

They've made an Armageddon remake already but it felt cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Could you try the website eshop?

• Locked thread