Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who came out the best from this show?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 1 1.15%
Braun Strowman 32 36.78%
Samoa Joe 17 19.54%
Big Cass 7 8.05%
Clonfroggio you loving moron. Jesus Christ. 30 34.48%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Julio Cruz posted:

A heel getting the "plucky underdog goes up against powerful GM" storyline is not going to get them over.

sure it could, she'd either defend it by cheating her rear end off and get crowds to hate her or she'd defend it fair and square and maybe get a modicum of respect. either is better than the dead silence she got every night before MITB.

if the Big Dawg (bow wow (pbuh)) and Braun Strowman have taught us anything, it's that alignments are dead anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Make all wrestlers fat and have dogs imo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Vaguido posted:

You can get some easy heat by kicking a puppy in the ribs. Make Big Cass's heel gimmick kicking dogs. Easy heat, no problems there!

Vince: (imagining bayley in a dog suit)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Ellsworth finish is awesome and I have no idea why anyone hates it

Book Asuka vs Brock then have it be a 3 stages of Hell Iton Man match and have her go over for the title. Make up for whatever and then say women have come a long way

They sold it right when Carmella came out and said who gives a poo poo she's gonna win any which way

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

Aphrodite posted:

James Ellsworth being barred from ringside is the perfect setup for Jane Ellesworth to enter the match as the 6th competitor.

So Carmella beats Ellsworth for the Women's title at....SummerSlam?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Vince: (imagining bayley in a dog suit)

If they made main roster Bayley a furry at least someone might like her

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

If they made main roster Bayley a furry at least someone might like her

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gatts posted:

Ellsworth finish is awesome and I have no idea why anyone hates it

Book Asuka vs Brock then have it be a 3 stages of Hell Iton Man match and have her go over for the title. Make up for whatever and then say women have come a long way

They sold it right when Carmella came out and said who gives a poo poo she's gonna win any which way

Because they sell it as historical and as a sign that they are now treating the women the same way they have always treated the men. The match is then the shortest MiTB match ever and a man pulls down the briefcase. Can you really not see how that leaves some people with a sour taste in their mouth?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Because they sell it as historical and as a sign that they are now treating the women the same way they have always treated the men. The match is then the shortest MiTB match ever and a man pulls down the briefcase. Can you really not see how that leaves some people with a sour taste in their mouth?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

if the heel didnt act correctly and it made you mad thats a good thing its kinda how wrestling is supposed to work but taking the case and redoing the match is unfair to carmella and is gonna kill the momentum of whoever ends up with it

I think it was stupid to have her stripped of the contract. I was really hoping for Carmella to have to "Defend" the contract next week, and then we could have had at least some segments with her trying to cash in before she had to defend it. Also... it is not the first time the contract has been defended. Ziggler defended against Cena in a ladder match at TLC, so it is not unheard of.

That would have fit better with Bryan playing within the rules so to speak

Vaguido posted:

To be fair, the briefcase allows you to start a match after the champion has already been in a match and/or has been beaten up by you with the case and other foreign objects. But yeah, it's not the biggest deal in the world with Lana just getting a freebie. She should've been in the ladder match and either Naomi took a nap or faced one of the other women who weren't going to win. I dunno, Natalya or Tamina or whatever.

There is no precedent that the champion can't be in the match. The contract is good for a year, and it would be an interesting dynamic that the champion can win the contract and have an instant rematch after losing the title if the choose to.

Say... Naomi win the contract and loses a match later to someone like Lana purely on distraction or interference, some BS gently caress finish. Would be cool if the champion could immediately cash in and force the heel to defend it right there and lose the title right back. Would be some new way to freshen up the contract thing.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

this is like if every single person on the roster was in the royal rumble, so the person challenging for the wwe title was blartz snuffman

this happened, only blartz snuffman wrestled under the ringname hardcore holly

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Astro7x posted:

There is no precedent that the champion can't be in the match. The contract is good for a year, and it would be an interesting dynamic that the champion can win the contract and have an instant rematch after losing the title if the choose to.

I don't think that would be very dramatic because it would basically make the first match almost meaningless before the bell even rings. It's one of those "what if that could happen" things that are just bad ideas, like #28 and #29 in the Rumble throwing each other out and #30 automatically winning.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Carmella deserves to be stripped of the briefcase for being stupid enough to not cash it in on the PPV.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HerraS posted:

this happened, only blartz snuffman wrestled under the ringname hardcore holly

the role of hardcore holly in what happened was played by tamina

blartz snuffman is sub-tamina level

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Incessant Excess posted:

Carmella deserves to be stripped of the briefcase for being stupid enough to not cash it in on the PPV.

Seriously. She and Ellsworth should have known there'd be controversy, so the smartest thing to have done would have been cashing it in that night so they can't take the briefcase away later. It would have made the outrage even worse. Then, if you still want to do a rematch add Naomi and make it a 6-person ladder match for the title.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
blartz snuffman is my favorite wrestler

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If they had rolled with forcing Carmella to defend the briefcase against all women in a gauntlet match, then Daniel Bryan pulled Ellsworth from the match, but Carmella pulled out some brass knuckles saying "Fabulous" on them kinda like what Sasha had it would have been sweet though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you know what would be cooler than that? if carmella was a transformer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Carmella should have taken the briefcase on Monday and had it made into a magic sword. She could have defeated all the top babyfaces with her magic sword.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Mulaney Power Move posted:

you know what would be cooler than that? if carmella was a transformer.

She has ”Car" in her name, so if she transformed into a car she would have to be a Go-Bot instead.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/877980972494405633

💯

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Give Roman a ASMR gimmick

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That DICK! posted:

Give Roman a ASMR gimmick
An idea guaranteed to silence the boos

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Does this mean HHH is good again? I sure hope so, because he's like three different day ones!

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

:q:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Mauro is hosed up in the head after all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave on Bryan wrestling:

If his health's at critical risk, he won't do it anywhere. At this point that's the only thing stopping him. Any chance of it happening in WWE increases if and only if the concussion lawsuit finishes before expiration. Still favoring New Japan and CMLL most, but not ruling out ROH return

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Brian's next wrestling match and the path to get there is one of the bigger stories in wrestling for 2018, if not the biggest. New Japan is looking to grow, and a signature star like Brian would be a huge step forward.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

mkay0 posted:

Brian's next wrestling match and the path to get there is one of the bigger stories in wrestling for 2018, if not the biggest. New Japan is looking to grow, and a signature star like Brian would be a huge step forward.
Would NJPW even risk it based off what Shibata is going through right now?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

This year, maybe not

Late next year when Bryan's free, absolutely. Honma will have returned by then too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

This year, maybe not

Late next year when Bryan's free, absolutely. Honma will have returned by then too
I'm still not sure how Honma isn't a PR nightmare after the stuff with his wife/affairs came out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Incessant Excess posted:

This is also my view. Carmella would have looked like a true heel strategic opportunist and not just someone who was handed something and Bryan could have been all "what can I do now?" instead of this do-over silliness. Then they could have just given the other women a #1 contender thing that wasn't MitB so it didn't water down that concept.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 22, 2017

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0tNJ7OIKZY

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

They still had a match, it was still whatever it was, just cause a guy pulls the breifcase down doesn't mean poo poo all cause it was a heel thing to do. If it was a guy pulling it down for Bailey I'd get it as if to say she couldn't do it herself but it's a face thing to prove themselves. The heels always have lackeys help them. Ellsworth is a second fiddle lackey to Carmella. Eh. It's a small deal cause there have been enough other matches and potential matches where they need to book the women better or can make them stand on their own feet. This was not that big of a disappointment to me at least. I can gloss over it.

They should have Ellsworth pull a move on the face champ then have Carmella cash in and win. She's smart.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 22, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's just a Vince/Steph situation where they think any publicity is good publicity.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't think that would be very dramatic because it would basically make the first match almost meaningless before the bell even rings. It's one of those "what if that could happen" things that are just bad ideas, like #28 and #29 in the Rumble throwing each other out and #30 automatically winning.
Those "what if" things are cool though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince is now torn between two desires: he's got to put Shinsuke Nakamura in his place and grind him down till he's generic...... BUT he also needs to book Shinsuke strong and treat him like a big star so that if Bryan gets cleared to wrestle Vince can dangle the idea of a Wrestlemania match against Shinsuke as a carrot to get him to re-sign.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
The only "place" for Shinsuke is in my heart, and he doesn't need to be put, he's already here.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

RealFoxy posted:

Having hurt guys work is kind of NJPW's thing.

Also, the risk of CTE isn't immediate, it's usually about quality of life in later years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"There's no rule that says a dog can't retrieve a briefcase!"

• Locked thread