Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
Greedo: Jabba has no time for smugglers who drop their shipment at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.

Han: Even I get boarded sometimes. Do you think I had a choice?

Narrator: He did.

* flashback shows Han accidentally leaning onto the cargo release button while sweet-talking an alien babe, unaware *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Electromax posted:

Greedo: Jabba has no time for smugglers who drop their shipment at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.

Han: Even I get boarded sometimes. Do you think I had a choice?

Narrator: He did.

* flashback shows Han accidentally leaning onto the cargo release button while sweet-talking an alien babe, unaware *

:golfclap:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I like that Han's brief conversation with his "business partners" in Episode VII makes it very clear that he wasn't boarded at all and probably just sold the poo poo to someone else or used it to pay off some other debt.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
There is also the possibility that ditching Miller and Lord is what will save this movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Doubt it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/what-our-sources-are-saying-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html

Interesting article.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
Is it true they are making a Han Solo film because of the popularity of Firefly? Why so soon after Harrison Ford's exit?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Gimmedaroot posted:

Is it true they are making a Han Solo film because of the popularity of Firefly? Why so soon after Harrison Ford's exit?

Much as I love Firefly, I don't think it was ever mainstream enough for movie executives to go "We need to do that, but in Star Wars".

As for the "why so soon", I think it has been in development for quite some time. And who knows, maybe it's to keep the character alive and valid in the public consciousness. If this one is a success, I could well imagine a few more Young Han Solo movies in the future. He's an adventurous guy, and there are a lot of hijinx that we know of that could each fill their own movie:
- Winning the Falcon from Lando: Buddy movie
- Freeing Chewbacca: War/adventure movie
- Working for Jabba and losing the shipment: Gangster/heist movie
Sure, they could cram all of this into one movie (and likely will), but from a marketing perspective, Han Solo is a goldmine.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dave Syndrome posted:

Much as I love Firefly, I don't think it was ever mainstream enough for movie executives to go "We need to do that, but in Star Wars".

As for the "why so soon", I think it has been in development for quite some time. And who knows, maybe it's to keep the character alive and valid in the public consciousness. If this one is a success, I could well imagine a few more Young Han Solo movies in the future. He's an adventurous guy, and there are a lot of hijinx that we know of that could each fill their own movie:
- Winning the Falcon from Lando: Buddy movie
- Freeing Chewbacca: War/adventure movie
- Working for Jabba and losing the shipment: Gangster/heist movie
Sure, they could cram all of this into one movie (and likely will), but from a marketing perspective, Han Solo is a goldmine.

Yeah, I'd say the first two are likely happening in this movie. Possibly the third.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I doubt you have any idea.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Only four people could've made this lame idea interesting. Lord and Miller and Neveldine and Taylor.

Anyone else is gonna make some milqtoast boring bullshit.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

CelticPredator posted:

Only four people could've made this lame idea interesting. Lord and Miller and Neveldine and Taylor.

Anyone else is gonna make some milqtoast boring bullshit.

Were you expecting anything less from Disney?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, they got the guy who made Looper and Brick to make a Star Wars movie. Thought they might've been trying to find their James Gunn.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its sad that an entire generation of filmmakers have grown up watching the Star Wars films, probably inspired by them to get into cinema in the first place, and yet they can't seem to do much than ape the original film. Episode 8 is looking good, though, so maybe there's hope.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

Its sad that an entire generation of filmmakers have grown up watching the Star Wars films, probably inspired by them to get into cinema in the first place, and yet they can't seem to do much than ape the original film. Episode 8 is looking good, though, so maybe there's hope.

Well they spent the last 20 years seeing how the fans treat Star Wars movies that don't ape the original film, and Disney more or less said going back to the originals was the whole pitch of 7-9.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 211 days!

Mantis42 posted:

Honestly I think their choices for TFA and The Last Jedi were on point but just getting some slub for IX is really disappointing when you consider how many directors with great ideas for Star Wars must be out there.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

Honestly I think their choices for TFA and The Last Jedi were on point but just getting some slub for IX is really disappointing when you consider how many directors with great ideas for Star Wars must be out there.

Jodorowsky is still alive so its just a long list for second choice.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Star Wars Fans deserve Disney Star Wars, imo.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So spoil me gents. Waht does chewbacca's dick look like?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Like George's neck

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Barudak posted:

Jodorowsky is still alive so its just a long list for second choice.

I would give up movies forever if I could have a five hour Jodorowsky Star Wars epic be my last.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Super thin but telescopic two feet long and prehensile like a duck dong.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Four headed, like a platypus's.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Lumpy and Itchy.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Dave Syndrome posted:

Lumpy and Itchy.

I wish I had thought of this post.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dave Syndrome posted:

Lumpy and Itchy.

homullus posted:

I wish I had thought of this post.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

Lumpy and Itchy.

Holy poo poo

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A big ol' shot of a pinball board, featuring some characters and creatures you probably haven't seen before:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Cross-Section posted:

A big ol' shot of a pinball board, featuring some characters and creatures you probably haven't seen before:

Whoever it was at Disney that had the idea of "leaking" images by slapping them on toys/packaging should get a nice fruit basket this year.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait, thats real? They still make pinball toys like that?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I don't watch the show but I think those owl things were shown off in Rebels. Does anybody know what they do without me having to watch one of those horrible Star Wars lore videos?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aw poo poo, looks like there's a challenger to the late TR-8R throne right there in the middle of the board.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I guess that rumored synopsis about the birds and poo poo was right.

Neat I guess.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I don't watch the show but I think those owl things were shown off in Rebels. Does anybody know what they do without me having to watch one of those horrible Star Wars lore videos?

Different bird.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Convor
According to TFN, the new bird species is called "Porg".

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Dudes on top look like the Knights of Ren.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lego leaks:

https://imgur.com/a/rGVqY

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Yeap, the AT-ATs are gorillas.

And the AT-STs are these:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

Yeap, the AT-ATs are gorillas.

And the AT-STs are these:

That's...kind of cool and really loving creepy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/GeekFeedDotCom/status/886317883680227328

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/886318550675214336

Gonz fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

• Locked thread