Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Holy gently caress for some reason I can't stop laughing at this one

What was meant to happen there?

He looks like some kind of anguished milk golem in the last frame, it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

ToxicFrog posted:

Holy gently caress for some reason I can't stop laughing at this one

What was meant to happen there?

He looks like some kind of anguished milk golem in the last frame, it's amazing.

This one had me in tears as well. It's somehow even funnier in still frames than the original, I think:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

His mouth is weird as hell

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
He is fat inside his mouth

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

The lighting makes those chocolate frosted flakes look like pickles.

And could someone explain this one?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Kramdar posted:

A star wars movie that noone wanted is getting a new director because the last one just bailed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Just Offscreen posted:

A star wars movie that noone wanted is getting a new director because the last one just bailed.

What's wrong with a Han origin story directed by Ron Howard? I guess my assumption that it was a dig at Justin Lin and Star Trek Beyond was way off.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Interesting new direction they're going with Bugs Bunny.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kramdar posted:

What's wrong with a Han origin story directed by Ron Howard?

A Han Solo origin story sounds like the dumbest thing in the world, and switching directors several months into shooting is rarely a really good sign

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hope we find out that Han was really a good guy, but acted like a rogue to hide his feelings. That would be a cool character development. Also he'll somehow run into R2D2.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
There's gonna be a scene with a youn Han and a young Greedo, and Han will say "The next time you see me, you better shoot first before I get a chance to."

And then he'll walk past somebody frozen in carbonite and say "Boy I'd hate to be that guy!"

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I hope they'll use the extremely important explanation EU had for the stripes in his pants.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jamesman posted:

Interesting new direction they're going with Bugs Bunny.

thank you.

I just saw that picture and think in a chubbier stephen segal voice, "whats up doc"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

thank you.

I just saw that picture and think in a chubbier stephen segal voice, "whats up doc"

*bends carrot the wrong way

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Kramdar posted:

What's wrong with a Han origin story directed by Ron Howard? I guess my assumption that it was a dig at Justin Lin and Star Trek Beyond was way off.

Because Han's origin story is a movie that fundamentally doesn't need to be made. No offense to Mr. Howard, but changing directors in the middle of filming doesn't bode well even before you consider that fact.

I'm sure it will be a trainwreck that many people will be upset about in an entertaining way.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Just Offscreen posted:

Because Han's origin story is a movie that fundamentally doesn't need to be made. No offense to Mr. Howard, but changing directors in the middle of filming doesn't bode well even before you consider that fact.

I'm sure it will be a trainwreck that many people will be upset about in an entertaining way.

OK but it has Donald Glover, Michael Williams AND Woody Harrelson in it.
Even if it's bad, it's probably going to be a lot of fun.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

canyoneer posted:

dude, the Robocop remake had Michael Williams, Michael Keaton, Gary Oldman, and Sam Jackson in it

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
The RoboCop remake was actually fun. And they didn't try to do anything like the classic. So I didn't spend the movie cringing at how bad they hosed up the original.

You can also just not go see the new Star war if you don't wanna.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Just Offscreen posted:

I am terrified that they'll make it about how he met Chewie. The last time Chewie was in a prequel is was some lovely garbage where it turns out he knew Yoda and helped him and then just so loving happened to join up with Luke Skywalker and didn't say a drat thing about it. The prequel trilogy ended up setting up that Luke, Leia and Han were the only ones in their main group that didn't know something about Luke's connection to Vader. Now we'll find out that Han knew Luke was Vader's son all along because Chewie told him or some dumb poo poo.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

canyoneer posted:

I have the utmost faith in Ron and whoever directs the movie next to fully exercise their ability to waste that talent in the most banal way possible.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Chewie tried to tell Han everything, but the terrible secret of the starwar is that Chewie is just mumbling gibberish noises. Han just responds to him like it makes sense to make Chewie feel good, like a person talking to their dog.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
That vest is going to have a backstory.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Kramdar posted:

All the reasons above and also the new director of The Star War is the narrator and an executive producer of Arrested Development, the show from which that screenshot and quote are taken.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Ron seems like a great guy but loving christ he has directed some real stinkers.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I like that he spray painted his scalp.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bar Crow posted:

That vest is going to have a backstory.

It's made from sacred K'frix fibers, harvested once a millennium from the Parfoo plant located on Dantooine. Legend has it that the Parfoo plant is force sensitive, so when Han dons the vest, he gains a very slight force sensitivity himself, allowing him to shoot first, fly the Falcon like a jedi pilot, and romance a princess with his tumescent force-enhanced cock.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Just Offscreen posted:

Ron seems like a great guy but loving christ he has directed some real stinkers.

On the other hand, he was close with Lucas when the orig tridg were making the rounds...iirc he got Lucas to make him director on Willow as payment for the second American Graffiti film, the one nobody actually watched.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

i want to get him and Sebastian Gorka together in the same room and see who's more insufferable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbQx0NTV4TU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

dude, the Robocop remake had Michael Williams, Michael Keaton, Gary Oldman, and Sam Jackson in it

I don't know if it's fair to say Sam Jackson was in the Robocop remake. He was in a completely different movie that was pasted in at the start and end.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Veib posted:

I hope they'll use the extremely important explanation EU had for the stripes in his pants.

quote:

Notable recipients:

Han Solo
Myn Donos
Bey
Brandy MacMillian

Brandy MacMillian? All the dumbass Star Wars expanded universe names you could come up with and they named a famous Corellian freighter captain after the assistant manager of a Nordstrom's Revlon counter?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

I don't know if it's fair to say Sam Jackson was in the Robocop remake. He was in a completely different movie that was pasted in at the start and end.

I saw this movie the other day and yeah I couldn't quite figure out what his purpose was. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, maybe they explained it?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Tumble posted:

i want to get him and Sebastian Gorka together in the same room and see who's more insufferable.

I've had to work with Seagal before, he's a massive baby.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rolo posted:

I've had to work with Seagal before, he's a massive baby.

Humblebragging is a probatable offense.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

RCarr posted:

so are whitenoise posting, and backseat modding :ironicat:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

It's not a humblebrag, it's something to be embarrassed about.

just like you're posting

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dillbag posted:

It's not a humblebrag, it's something to be embarrassed about.

just like you're posting

I know you went for the humorous misuse of your/you're, but that works. something to be embarrassed about just like you are posting, i e the things he is posting are something to be embarrassed about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

On the other hand, he was close with Lucas when the orig tridg were making the rounds...iirc he got Lucas to make him director on Willow as payment for the second American Graffiti film, the one nobody actually watched.

So by your reckoning, this has more of a pedigree because he was close with the director of the original trilogy during their filming over thirty years ago? And that translates to a directorial talent nugget that somehow leapfrogged everything he as made in the past decade to making a film worth watching?