Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

mike12345 posted:

All the Pinball FX tables are on sale, some of them at 75% discount. Grabbed Balls of Glory, was looking forward to that one.

That reminded me to check and Pinball Arcade season 4 is 75% off. That one includes Adam's Family, Earthshaker, Safecracker, Phantom of the Opera, Starship Troopers, and a few other ones that don't come to mind immediately. Sadly, the rest of them got the usual stingy discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, I'm traveling and forgot that my Steam guard is on the phone I left at home. I have failed you Gabe :negative:.

Ok ok, I'm coming back in 5 days so the sale will be still on, thank god there are no dailies, phew.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Zore posted:

No, they haven't for years now because of their refund system.

What you see is what you get for the sale.

Awww poo poo, that means RE7 won't go lower. :negative:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Regarding the sales, in earlier years sometimes Ubi did a thing where a franchise like AC wasn't on sale at the get go but was put on sale when it was the frontpage featured deal and was on sale throughout the rest of the sale after that. There's a slim chance something that isn't on sale now will go on sale. Why would you rush to buy something at full price anyway? You might as well wait to the end of the sale, but don't keep your hopes up.

If something is on sale for Any% today, that is where it will be until July 5th.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This is your usual sale reminder to grab Consortium!

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oy oy oy, learn to chill as you play it. As long as you keep moving you'll do just fine. And remember that you are supposed to die a lot of the time, it's part of its charm!

I keep forgetting ror2 is in development

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This is your usual sale reminder to grab Consortium!

Why should I care about Consortium?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'd like some opinions on my cart, just in case:

DOOM - Unless there's something abysmal about this that I don't know, there's no way I'll take it out of the list, I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a while
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - I've always wanted to play an Atelier game but I've heard some of them have very strict time limits or are just plain unfun. I got high tolerance to anime so that's not a problem here. Of all the games on this list this is the one I'm the most wary.
• Ghost 1.0 - I like metroidvanias. And yes, I already have Hollow Knight, it was fantastic.
• Monkey Island 1+2 - I actually never played this despite loving point'n'clicks as a kid. Are they still good in TYOOL 2017 or is pure nostalgia? The new art sure looks dumb, I'm glad I can change back to pixels.
• Gunman Taco Truck - The premise seems great and I love me some tycoon but nowadays the words "roguelike" sounds more like a warning than a reccomendation
•Project Highrise - Seems like a modern day SimTower. I like managing but some of these games are way too spreadsheet heavy, how is this one?
•Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 - This got reccommended a lot some time ago in the Steam Thread and at this price it's a sure buy, unless there is any kind of gamebreaking bugs
•Mainlining - A narrative investigation clicking game with some hacking thrown in, looks like a good time but literally never heard anyone talk about this. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Roguelike fans: Are Cryptark and/or Unexplored worth it at only 20% off?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bastion and Transistor are both fantastic games and are only 3 bucks each. Go buy them if you don't have them.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've heard plenty of good stuff about Planet Coaster and I really want to check it out. It's 33% off but the price still feels just a little costly for me, should I take a chance?

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?

Junior Jr. posted:

I've heard plenty of good stuff about Planet Coaster and I really want to check it out. It's 33% off but the price still feels just a little costly for me, should I take a chance?

For me I hated Planet Coaster, it depends on what you liked about Rollercoaster Tycoon if that's the reason you wanted to buy it. If you like designing the parks / rides and stuff like that then I'd recommend it, but I felt the simulation/tycoon part of it was incredibly shallow.

my back pages
Jun 23, 2009

kater posted:

Resident evil 5 & 6 are terrific coop games if you are in to laughing your rear end off at ridiculously dumb things. A bit different from those other games though.

We'll look into 'em--thanks!

Bloodplay it again posted:

Risk of Rain is definitely harder than both of the other games. Depending on what you found to be a bit much about Broforce, it might be even worse for you, since it gets really hectic in later levels. Are there any coop games you've played recently that you've enjoyed? I'm basically in the same boat as you.

Difficulty isn't a big concern for us, but we found Broforce got a bit too hectic and over the top. Our favs so far have been the strong coop-ish games. We really liked Factorio and Terraria, but different reasons. Stellaris was likewise awesome and ads ways of allying up in-game that make it pretty smooth, but there's a bit of a "two people play solo games" sorta vibe to it, so I'm not sure I'd count it. Don't Starve Together was pretty rad but we found the replayability of it to be pretty much nil, which kinda makes me question how rad it truly was. I think we're looking for a sort of adventure-rich coop game. First person, third person, 2d, whatever, but something witha bit of the intrigue of exploring a new, rich environment. We considered Ark, but we dissuaded by general poor ratings.

Xaris posted:

Honestly Risk of Reign is not a good game. It punishes you heavily for taking your time and chilling out exploring things and makes it so you just have to rush the exits for the most part or else you get swarmed and die. If you like a game where you can take your time, avoid it
Hmm, I think a game where it's possible to take a breath might be more our style for our next game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't understand why Wolfenstein TNO and The Old Blood are the same price when The Old Blood is half as long and not as good. It strikes me as something that should have been down to $5 a long time ago.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Out of the 127 Hidden Object Games I have on my wishlist, 94 of them are discounted.

I might just go HOG wild this sale!

:downsrim:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Samuringa posted:

DOOM - Unless there's something abysmal about this that I don't know, there's no way I'll take it out of the list, I've been waiting for it to go on sale for a while

DOOM is totally worth it for the campaign and arcade modes ALONE, you'll have a good time with that. Also DOOM 3 BFG is pretty good if you don't want to waste extra cash on buying all 3 DOOM games separately...unless you're into DosBox.

I'd also recommend Dishonored, the Poker Night games, Shadow Warrior, and Bayonetta.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

strategery posted:

#Refined my list. I want to spend $30 max with no more than $15 per game.

Sublevel Zero ------------ 7.50
Enter the Gungeon --------- 7.50
Salt and Sanctuary -------- 11.00
Hyperlight Drifter -------- 10.00
Dead Cells ---------------- 14.50 (not really that on sale though)
Snake Pass ---------------- 10.00
Song of the Deep ----------- 3.75
Hollow Knight --------------10.00

Seems like the consensus is Hollow Knight (which had a demo in a humble monthly but once i realized I got a demo for the monthly, i ignored it.) and Hyperlight Drifter. The 3rd game is up in the air. To me, it seems like an even split between Salt and Sanctuary and Gungeon. Might just bite the bullet and get dead cells for 5 more than i plnaned.

Also Lode Runner Legacy has an official Steam Page! Yay! Summer release :D

dead cells is really good. awesome mix of castlevania meets roguelite with tons of different weapons / subweapons / upgrade amulets. also, the controls feel really smooth and on point, which to me is the most important thing in that type of game. i only played it with an xbox pad though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

I dont know what any of this means but you might want to hold off on buying any Paradox strategy game this sale.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Why should I care about Consortium?

It's a weird and ambitious Deus Ex inspired shooter mystery. You play yourself. Literally. You play the role of you who, for entertainment, can jump dimensions and possess someone via a computer game. Featuring a script that mostly just plays out over time while you weave in and out of it, you jump into the body of an elite member of a peacekeeper group on board their plane. You can choose dialog options or remain silent or just walk away from conversations, all while trying to solve the mystery of a traitor, dealing with boarding mercenaries, and trying to figure out who you've jumped into and what the organization they belong to actually does.

It's one of those where there are dozens of little triggers and switches that play into the ending, so the fact that it's short means you can check everything out. They're also making an extremely ambitious sequel set in a fully realized commercial tower where, again, you're set loose in a story that plays out around you.

For two bucks, if you at all like Deus Ex and similar ambitious freedom shooters, Consortium is a good choice.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
:siren: https://www.gog.com/game/homeworld_emergence :siren:

Only 10% off but Homeworld : Cataclysm is now on GOG (rebranded as Emergence due to Blizzard's trademark of the name Cataclysm)

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Reality Winner posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

I dont know what any of this means but you might want to hold off on buying any Paradox strategy game this sale.

Paradox is rolling back their recent price increases.... after the Steam sale.

That was the cynical view of the plan the whole time Paradox!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

Disregard that. They raised their prices last week and were hit with a ton of backlash. They're just reverting their changes.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Anyone have any opinions in regards to Torment: Tides of Numenera, Tyranny, and Age of Decadence? Trying to decide if I should pick up any of these during the sale. I haven't really played any of the 'modern take on the CRPG' games yet, but I was a big fan of them back when I was a kid.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
You know what's really sad?

Almost all of these games are on huge discounts on Steam...but Overwatch is STILL full price. :(

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Junior Jr. posted:

Almost all of these games are on huge discounts on Steam...but Overwatch is STILL full price. :(

You just missed the anniversary sale for Overwatch. If you don't care about skins, it's only $40 normally anyways.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

It was JUST half off.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

PantsBandit posted:

I don't understand why Wolfenstein TNO and The Old Blood are the same price when The Old Blood is half as long and not as good. It strikes me as something that should have been down to $5 a long time ago.

Yeah i thought this was weird.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It was JUST half off.

Ill get Overwatch when it is 20 bucks

strategery fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 22, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Junior Jr. posted:

DOOM is totally worth it for the campaign and arcade modes ALONE, you'll have a good time with that. Also DOOM 3 BFG is pretty good if you don't want to waste extra cash on buying all 3 DOOM games separately...unless you're into DosBox.

I'd also recommend Dishonored, the Poker Night games, Shadow Warrior, and Bayonetta.

Bayonetta is only 25% off :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Reality Winner posted:

It only matters for some regions. Basically Russia/Brazil etc got their prices jacked up a few days ago and they're reverting it after public outcry.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Zore posted:

It only matters for some regions. Basically Russia/Brazil etc got their prices jacked up a few days ago and they're reverting it after public outcry.

Didn't another company do something similar last year to the same sort of backlash?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I want some more couch co-op ish games so yes

:siren: :siren: LOCAL CO-OP EFFORT POST :siren: :siren:

Everything is suited for 4 players, except for a few quick duel games. Everything is in no particular order except the one section where I note as such. Be sure to give me some feedback/suggestions if you see I missed one of your favorites!

The Holy Grail:

Speedrunners - This is 2D Mario Kart. You and your couch race around the level in a circle indefinitely until only one player remains. Players get eliminated when they hit the 'back' (depends on which way the players are running in the circular levels) of the screen. After a player or a set amount of time passes, the borders of the screen shrink. This makes it easier to get eliminated by closing the safe distance between the first and last place racers, and it also inhibits the view of the level. There are items and turbo that you can pick up to use. Did I mention a grappling hook? Because you get a grappling hook. Ships with like 12 levels and the ability to create, upload, and download levels from Steam Workshop. It's real good and real cheap.

Lethal League - Battle Pong. There is a single ball that you are trying to hit into other players. Every time a player hits a ball, there are two things that happen: the ball changes to the player's color such that a player can't be hit by a ball he/she hit last, and the ball speed increases. In a long enough volley, the game uses these Dragonball Z like pauses and color inversions before the ball rockets off your bat. There are six characters that each have a special ability activated by double tapping the hit button in the slight pause between hitting the ball and the ball leaving your bat and a movement ability. Plenty of stages, plenty of style, and plenty of hype. If you liked the aesthetic of Jet Set Radio, you'll dig this.

Towerfall Ascension - Super Mario Bros: The Arcade Game now with Archery. Take the static level with spherical ramifications from SMB Arcade and give each player 5 arrows. Arrows can be fired down the pits to hit players at the top of the screen or the right tunnel to hit players on the left side of the screen. What happens when you run out of arrows? Why, you just go pick one up off the ground, regardless of who fired it! If you're bad at shooting, you can always goomba stomp as well. There are powerups and tons of stages for variety, but the combat is always sweet.

Jackbox Party Pack 1/2/3/Drawful 2 - You know what this is. Combine You Don't Know Jack Trivia with various implementations of Baldurdash and Pictionary and you will create most of the games in these bundles. These games are awesome because you can rope even the most staunch opponents of video games into playing them because you only need a phone with internet access to play. Own at least one game. I'm of the opinion that the original is the best for coming with Fibbage and Drawful, but I may be alone in that opinion.

Overcooked - Coop game in which everyone is a chef trying to complete orders. Ingredients are prepared differently, so you will have to manage the different ingredients while also cleaning and delivering dishes. It's more fun and chaotic than it sounds, especially when half of the kitchen drives away or gets separated by an earthquake.

Mount Your Friends - 2 player only game, but I'm including it anyway. Take QWOP, and apply it to scaling a tower comprised of other men with centrifugal dongs and a goat. Goal is to reach a higher...height than your opponent can manage by building on top of the previous person's best height. You'll go from barely getting to the goat to slingshotting your way up the ripply, foreign man mountain.

Great If You Have The Right Crowd:

CRAWL - A Dungeon Crawler with a twist: 3 of the 4 players are trying to kill the lone adventurer! A single player will control a standard dungeon explorer with swords and the ability to learn magic in the dungeon. The other 3 players play spirits that possess monsters,weapons, and traps to try and kill the adventurer. The adventurer gathers coins to purchase gear in the dungeon, while the spirits can upgrade the monsters they possess between floors. If the adventurer is killed, then that player and the spirit responsible for his/her death swap places! The game ends once an adventurer hits either a certain level or certain floor in the dungeon (I forget). The game is awesome, but isn't as hype as the games above and can run a bit long.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - Only one player is at the computer, and he/she is handed a bomb. Everyone else uses the bomb defusal guides they downloaded on their phones or printed out to try and decipher the features of the bomb the poor soul is describing to you. The game can be relatively simple or very complex, depending on how cheeky the team is feeling. It requires outside materials that are free, but requires downloading or thumbing through a pdf on your phone. Great for the multitaskers out there.

Helldivers - Time for a nice cup of Liber-Tea! A 4 person coop twin stick shooter with friendly fire. Lots of weapons and abilities to unlock and use. It isn't the greatest for pick up play, but if everyone knows what they're getting into, it's a great time.

Gauntlet - It's Gauntlet. A re-imagining of the classic dungeon crawler. There are 4 characters (5 with DLC) with unique playstyles and a degree of customization. Again, not the easiest game to pick up and play, but it;s solid if you have a crew ready to jump in.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Everyone is in a single spaceship that is roaming around trying to save bunnies. The ship has stations including movement, guns, and a shield that only work is a player is assigned to the station controlling it. Do I steer the ship or work the shield? ahhhhh

Monaco - Coop game in which everyone is pulling off a heist. Different characters and playstyles including a guy who wears disguises and a guy who tunnels through walls. If the art style weren't so wonky I would make all of my friends play this forever.

Rocket League - Turbo Flying Car Soccer. Really cool game with an impossibly high skill ceiling. Some people will have trouble with the perspective/controls, otherwise this would be in the Holy Grail section.

Tricky Towers - Tetris with physics and powerups. You build on a platform rather than a box, so your tower can fall over. You'll periodically get to cast spells that either help you or hurt your opponents. Not everyone is down with the puzzle games, otherwise this has the chops to go in the Holy Grail.

Rayman Legends - One of the prettiest and best 2D platformers of all time. Tons of content and plays 4 people.

Good:

Divekick - A fighting game distilled down to 2 buttons: jump and kick. You move by jumping and then kicking. Each character has a different kicking arc along with a ground and air special. I'm refraining from putting fighting games or 2P only games on this list, but this is quick and funny enough to be worth a play.

Broforce/The Expendabros - 2D voxel shooter with destructible environments. Every time you die you are given a new action movie/80s character with their own gun and grenades. The color palette makes the action hard to follow, and some bros are worse than others, but it's chaotic fun. Nothing quite like skipping a level by burrowing under all of the enemies.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - The best kart racer not named Mario Kart 8 (and even then it's close). Tracks with different paths and transforming vehicles that control wildly different. If the multiplayer had a better way to deal with the unlockables/customization screen I would put this in the either of the two sections, especially if you don't otherwise have Mario Kart 8.

Phantom Breaker - 2D beat em up with a nice combo system. I completely understand if you are put off by playing waifus.

Starwhal - Control space narwhals that flip around awkwardly and try to pierce each others' hearts with the tip of your horn. Tons of stages. Gets hype because time slows down when a player is almost piercing a heart.

Cautious Recommendation/Meh:

Castle Crashers - a 2D Beat Em Up. Sports 4 players with Newgrounds humor, but I feel that it is one of the more boring implementations of the genre. The only difference between the many, many characters is the starting weapon and the magic. Still, some people like it.

Hammerwatch - Old school 2D dungeon crawl a la Gauntlet. Several classes to choose from, just a bit longer form than I would like/expect from a couch gaming experience.

Jamestown - 2D Steampunk Vertical Shmup rendition of the founding of America. Beautiful sprites and scaling difficulty, but it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Magicka - Coop game in which everyone is a wizard and you can make a HUGE number of spells by combining elements a la Kirby 64. Long form game that may or may not have aged well, but the friendly fire and spell combos may still have life yet.

Megabyte Punch - Smash Bros with Medabot like customization.

Nidhogg - Another 2 player game. You are in a fencing duel where you can duel, parry, or throw your sword. You start in the middle screen of a 7 screen horizontal stage. Once you kill your opponent, you can progress in your direction (left player wants to go right and vice versa). The dead player will respawn either in the next screen or the current screen depending on the time. The goal of the game is to make it to the left/right most screen of the stage, depending on where you started. I'm not actually super fond of this, but it shows up enough that it's worth a mention.

Porcunipine - 2D deathmatch where everyone is a porcupine with a single quill that you fire and ricochet off walls to hit the other players. Not a lot of depth here, honestly.

Stardust Vanguards - Everyone controls a Gundam in this 2D platformer. You have guns, a sword, lasers, and the ability to call in your own space opera army. May be a little better than I'm rating it here tbh.

ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS - You are going to fly around and shoot a lot of rockets. I mean a LOT of rockets. It's a solid game, just didn't have a lot of depth for me.

Push Me Pull You - Control 2 Catdog people who can extend and retract the length of their bodies to keep control of a ball. Gets a reaction with its great sound effects. One match is generally all you'll play at a time, but I think it's worth it.

Sportsfriends - A collection of a few minigames that are mildly interesting. One is a 2D single plane Soccer of sorts with pole vault poles. One is a king of the hill with action. One is an area control that I was slightly too inebriated to remember.

Runbow - 2D platformer that has some powerups and platforms that may disappear depending on if they blend in with the stage background's constantly changing color! On the Wii U this could play 9 people. Fairly simple game that doesn't have a lot of depth, but still worth owning imo.

Haven't Gotten To Play Yet, Sorted By General Reputation/My Desire:

Ultimate Chicken Horse - 2D platformer where each player gets to add a course feature/obstacle in between every round until someone reaches the finish line.

Move or Die - 2D deathmatch/platformer with constantly changing rules and victory conditions.

Duck Game - Chaotic 2D deathmatch shooter with tons of stages, heads, and weapons.

Gang Beasts - 3D physics brawler. The fighting isn't as sophisticated as it is funny. You can either kill people with brutality of throw them off of the many stages. Plays up to 8 online and either 4 or 8 locally.

Screencheat - Take Goldeneye, but make all of the players invisible. How did you know who to kill? By looking at their screen and shooting where you think they are based on that!

The Yawhg - 4 player local CYOA adventure game. Sounds like an interesting experience not otherwise replicated.

Invisigun Heroes - 2D deathmatch where the players are invisible until they either attack or get hit.

Conga Master - Invigorate the unwashed masses with the power of dueling Conga lines.

LASTFIGHT - Spiritual successor to Power Stone.

Super Slam Dunk Touchdown - Arcadey sports game where the sports are mashed up. baseball pitchers firing soccer balls into goals and football players punting pucks over basketball goals. Features streakers and zambonis.

Totemori - 3D brawler where you build towers while trying to topple everyone else’s.

Gurgamoth - 2D deathmatch where you kill opponents by knocking them into stage hazards.

Wand Wars - Lethal League but you can cast magic and also you're not restricted to a single plane.

Friendship Club - 2D bullethell deathmatch.

Use Your Words - Probably the first in a long line of Jackbox imitators. 3-6 players, use your smart phone as a controller, party game.

Streets of Rogue - A 2D Brawler...RPG? set in a procedural generated city. Boasts a multitude of playstyles/storylines.

Dungeon League - Competitive Dungeon Crawler? Sure, I'm in.

Dynasty Feud - Okay so it's a platform fighter a la Smash Bros, only your lives are other characters a la Marvel vs Capcom. Each character seems to be a 1 trick pony, but there are like 40 characters.

Wondershot - 2D deathmatch where you get a single shot in your weapon. Your weapon changes along with the stage every round.

Samurai Gunn - Kind of the granddaddy of the revival of 2D local multiplayer deathmatches. One hit, one kill. Everyone has a sword and a gun with a single bullet. Use it wisely.

Genital Jousting - Everyone controls a penis in a bunch of deathmatch or sports modes.

Crewsaders - Two robots battle each other; each part of each robot is controlled by a different player.

Glitchrunners - 4 Players are trying to compete a 3D platforming level while a 5th player screws with everyone.

Lance A Lot - Knights are jousting...on rockets. Think of it as Starwhal on a different plane.

Forced - 3D puzzle Platformer

Rivals of Aether - Super Smash Bros with less items and more fighting game combos.

Dwarven Brawl Bros - The Proto-Duck Game with semi destructible environments.

Super Indie Karts - A 2D Kart racer in the style of Crash Team Racing/Konami Krazy Karts featuring indie darling mascots.

99 Vidas - Bog standard looking 2D beat em up.

Kopanito All-Star Soccer - Old arcadey style soccer game.

SWORDY - Ragdoll fighter where you attack by flailing with reckless abandon into your enemies.

Stikbold - 3D ish Dodgeball game.

Overruled - 2.5D deathmatch where you can change the rules/victory conditions. Sounds identical to Move or Die, but they're different and Move or Die is better.

Rogue Stormers - Contra with customizable perks and weapons. Apparently some bad bugs and no saves.

Not Worth Your Time:

Orbital Gear - 2D deathmatch with the Super Mario Galaxy gravity gimmick. Could be interesting if polished, but it's not.

Particle Mace - 2D deathmatch where you kill people not by shooting with your spaceship, but rather by trying to kill them with the bag of comets attached to your tail by drifting. Again, could be interesting if polished, but it's not.

Skyscrappers - Two ways to win: kill your opponent, or scale the falling debris to get to the top of the skyscraper. It has a great retro CAPCOM look, but something didn't quite click. I think items or character special abilities would have been the difference maker.

Skyhook - 2D deathmatch where you are given a weapon and a grappling hook. There's some potential for hype because you can grapple onto enemies and pull them, but it fell short for me. Maybe it improved a lot in the year since I've played it, but idk. Sucks because I am a sucker for grappling hooks in games.

Samudai - Nidhogg with cats and like, power ups. Not nearly tight enough to be worth your time.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 23, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why did Steam stop doing the daily/flash sales? That made this whole thing more exciting and enticing.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

kater posted:

Resident evil 5 & 6 are terrific coop games if you are in to laughing your rear end off at ridiculously dumb things. A bit different from those other games though.

I'm going to second that Resident Evil 6 was one of the most unintentionally hilarious, sincerely entertaining co-op experiences I have ever played. Doing all the stories with my brother was a joy. I'd never play it by myself though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why did Steam stop doing the daily/flash sales? That made this whole thing more exciting and enticing.
they went away when refunds were introduced

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shadow225 posted:

:siren: :siren: LOCAL CO-OP EFFORT POST :siren: :siren:

Everything is in no particular order except the one section where I note as such. Be sure to give me some feedback/suggestions if you see I missed one of your favorites!

The Holy Grail:
How could you forget SPELUNKY??

It's also $2!!!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Someone suggested Darkest Dungeon to me a while back. Games looks hella tedious, is this a proper view?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Just paid for all of my wonderful expensive games IN BITCOIN! Now I can have fun with Prey, RE7, MGSV, Talos, and Dead Rising without killing my wallet!

Cryptocurrency IS THE FUTURE, all you goons were WRONG! HA HA HA! YOSPOS BITCH!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Junior Jr. posted:

Just paid for all of my wonderful expensive games IN BITCOIN! Now I can have fun with Prey, RE7, MGSV, Talos, and Dead Rising without killing my wallet!

Cryptocurrency IS THE FUTURE, all you goons were WRONG! HA HA HA! YOSPOS BITCH!

lol

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Samuringa posted:

• Monkey Island 1+2 - I actually never played this despite loving point'n'clicks as a kid. Are they still good in TYOOL 2017 or is pure nostalgia? The new art sure looks dumb, I'm glad I can change back to pixels.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.
Monkey Island is bad, not good. The puzzles are obtuse, nearly-unsolvable without trial and error, it's paced GLACIALLY and you have to slowly walk all over the place. It's just bad and better puzzlers have iterated on it since. Get Antichamber if you haven't played that, or Portal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Steam no longer does the Daily Special deals each day, right? everything thats priced is the sale price for the sale?

• Locked thread