Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Spellman posted:

The most recent Worms game (finally) isn't total shovelware, called Worms W.M.D. Works great local, would be awesome on the Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4oBUqGeok

They've made an Armageddon remake already but it felt cheap

i played it for half an hour, went back to armageddon. they don't really need to remake armageddon, maybe find some way to integrate Switch album pictures into their level editor (where you could turn jpgs into levels) and they're good to go. of course, porting a late 90s game to a brand new console and trying to make joycons independently work might be a hassle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've never played a Worms game. Is it like Scorched Earth? I played the everloving poo poo out of that on my 8086

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Instant Sunrise posted:

You're talking about a company that blackballed retailers for selling NES cartridges for $59.00 instead of $59.99.

When did they do that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

I've never played a Worms game. Is it like Scorched Earth? I played the everloving poo poo out of that on my 8086

It's pretty much exactly that, but more mobility and wackier weapons. Also squad based instead of having just one tank

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Yea actually, right down to having napalm and poo poo light the ground up (which in this game acts as a hazard if you walk into it, and you lose your turn)

You have some melee options though, and knocking enemies off the level for kills is a viable tactic

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Give me winbolo on Switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ICQ client for switch!!!!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
A Link to the Past Randomizer for Switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's pretty much exactly that, but more mobility and wackier weapons. Also squad based instead of having just one tank

Spellman posted:

Yea actually, right down to having napalm and poo poo light the ground up (which in this game acts as a hazard if you walk into it, and you lose your turn)

You have some melee options though, and knocking enemies off the level for kills is a viable tactic

I would 100% buy this game for a reasonable price.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I know Nicalis gets a bunch of flak for being bad at porting, but I'm starting to become fond of their Physical Boxing department.

Cave Story+, besides coming with a kinda-uggo keychain (that I still wanted) an audio minidisc and a small cloth pouch, has an instruction manual that's actually rather nice. Every couple of pages is just custom artwork inserts, and there's a spoiler guide in the back so I don't have to rely on that pesky internet thing for when I inevitably get stumped.

Probably gonna keep playing Puyo Puyo Tetris for the time being, but now I have more objects to place on shelves because as Nintendo has revealed to me, I'm a giant man-baby.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Spellman posted:

Worms doesn't have the Funky Bomb though, which is why Scorch will always be the ultimate artillery game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Worms also has a grapple hook and you can spend the entire turn pretending to be spiderman before dumping a mine on a nerd's head and web slinging somewhere protected.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

raditts posted:

Worms doesn't have the Funky Bomb though, which is why Scorch will always be the ultimate artillery game.

it does have the concrete donkey

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Argue posted:

I just reached a rating of 3000 in Mario Kart and suddenly everyone I'm playing against is good now? What the gently caress I actually lose online now even if I wasn't assaulted by a barrage of shells

Yeah it seems that way. I crossed 3000 last night and all of a sudden it's throwing way more reverse and 200cc matches at me, and the lobby full of Japanese players hand my rear end to me if I slip up at all

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Dizz posted:

Worms also has a grapple hook and you can spend the entire turn pretending to be spiderman before dropping dynamite that lands no where near your opponent and then falling off the rope into that dynamite which kills your worm.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How do I install BonziBuddy on Switch?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hammer Bro. posted:

I know Nicalis gets a bunch of flak for being bad at porting, but I'm starting to become fond of their Physical Boxing department.

Cave Story+, besides coming with a kinda-uggo keychain (that I still wanted) an audio minidisc and a small cloth pouch, has an instruction manual that's actually rather nice. Every couple of pages is just custom artwork inserts, and there's a spoiler guide in the back so I don't have to rely on that pesky internet thing for when I inevitably get stumped.

Probably gonna keep playing Puyo Puyo Tetris for the time being, but now I have more objects to place on shelves because as Nintendo has revealed to me, I'm a giant man-baby.

:yeah:

Their first run BOI package was cool too with the reversible cover and the nice Zelda 1 inspired manual.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey dude, what's the best way to farm the greed donation machine? I keep doing Lilith runs and the fucker is jamming up every coin or so, very aggravating

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

bef posted:

Hey dude, what's the best way to farm the greed donation machine? I keep doing Lilith runs and the fucker is jamming up every coin or so, very aggravating

Each character has an individual "fuckup percentage" you can see below the usual item info. The higher that is, the more likely the machine jams. You can't lower it, only use another character. Basically you have to use each character on rotation or spend a million years doing it 2 coins at a time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

bef posted:

What Vegastar said, I maxed it out by bringing in characters I had only done Greed Mode with once (or not at all) and hoarded as many coins as I could for the machine. If I made it like halfway through a run that wasn't getting plowed, I'd just restart.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Appreciate it yall :cheers: never thought I'd put so many hours into this. Thought rebirth was pretty boring on pc, not this though, and the switch is perfect for it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nintendo should start printing official "Perfect for Switch" stickers and put them on games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bef posted:

Appreciate it yall :cheers: never thought I'd put so many hours into this. Thought rebirth was pretty boring on pc, not this though, and the switch is perfect for it

What the others have said
Once you hit 999 coins you've unlocked everything and it starts over again in Greed Mode.
The fun bit is knowing that Greed Mode and Greedier Mode have separate unlocks for each character so you can't just do it 'once' on Greedier Mode to unlock both :suicide:

BUT in regular mode once you hit 999 coins, and unlocked everything, you should bomb the machine a few times to get the coins back out so you can use your 'savings' on future runs.

One handy trick that I use is having the Found Hud turned on, which gives you a better understanding of what's going on 'behind the scenes' with regards to things like Devil Room/Angel Room spawn percentages (This is probably a more advance thing to use, but yeah.. it's also good to see poo poo like fire rates, etc)

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Guy Goodbody posted:

When did they do that?

June 30, 1988 to December 31st, 1990

They got hit with a class action lawsuit over it and settled for $25 million

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

June 30, 1988 to December 31st, 1990

They got hit with a class action lawsuit over it and settled for $25 million

There was also the Europe fine of £100m back in 2002 which I believe is the reason today why they can't/don't set the RRP of consoles in Europe.

Nintendo loved their price fixing back then.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sega Forever on the Switch please.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

The fun bit is knowing that Greed Mode and Greedier Mode have separate unlocks for each character so you can't just do it 'once' on Greedier Mode to unlock both :suicide:

One handy trick that I use is having the Found Hud turned on, which gives you a better understanding of what's going on 'behind the scenes' with regards to things like Devil Room/Angel Room spawn percentages (This is probably a more advance thing to use, but yeah.. it's also good to see poo poo like fire rates, et

What do you mean by separate unlocks? Are the unlocks worth it in greedier mode?

And yeah it's real nice having HUD on now to see all kinds of stuff, much better than whatever the f the first isaac had

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Beastie posted:

Sega Forever on the Switch please.

Want some Popful Mail on the Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bef posted:

What do you mean by separate unlocks? Are the unlocks worth it in greedier mode?

And yeah it's real nice having HUD on now to see all kinds of stuff, much better than whatever the f the first isaac had

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Characters

Down where it says Greed and Greedier Modes, there are separate unlocks for each mode.

Every other unlock can be completed on Normal OR Hard mode difficulties, but the Greed/ier mode unlocks need to be done on each difficulty.

I'm going for The Real Platinum God achievement currently so it all depends on how far you want to go in Isaac :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i did plat god on PC

its some bullshit imo!!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan/status/878023600632025088

https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan/status/878024907631636481

Wonder what that was going to be back then?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also pro loving tip for Isaac runs

http://platinumgod.co.uk/

I still use it because I can't be arsed remembering poo poo like the Zodiacs and some of the rarer items.

Can't wait until Isaac updates with the Booster packs so I don't need to remember what each dice room does (5 is the best because it restarts the floor!) :toot:

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I am an American currently traveling in Europe with my American Switch and American credit card.

I want to buy Arms off the eShop, but the transaction is being denied. I know my credit card is working fine, I can use it on other local stuff.

Is my American card not allowed to buy from a European IP? What's up?

I resolved the issue. Incase it helps anyone else:

I tried purchasing via the web based store. Also didn't work.

I found a post on gamefaqs suggesting to try reinputting the credit card data rather than using the credit card data Nintendo has on file. That *did* work on the web based store. I have a feeling it would have worked on the Switch itself too.

Looks like this isn't a geolocation issue but rather is some bug with credit card storage on Nintendo's side. Hopefully there's no fun infosec bugs!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Did they fix the broken challenge? I think it was 11 or 19.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh hey GoNNER has returned to Coming Soon.

29/6 releases for $13

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Knowing Nintendo, probably pretty similar. Didn't they want light saber like weapons all the back in Zelda 1? They always pull out ideas they've had 20-30 years later.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Also in Zelda I just cleared Vah Naboris and I feel ripped off that we don't see how that dumbass camel robot managed to climb up on that mountain.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What is the actual explanation for what happened with Team17? Did they fire and replace everyone as soon as Armageddon went gold or what? Not even Sonic Team dropped into the shitter as suddenly and drastically.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Also in Zelda I just cleared Vah Naboris and I feel ripped off that we don't see how that dumbass camel robot managed to climb up on that mountain.

Just wait till you see what the elephant does!

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Can anyone tell me if there's a JP audio + text setting for Disgaea 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Frankston posted:

Just wait till you see what the elephant does!

I think my eyes just glazed over that, I really feel like as a whole the actual plot of BotW is super half-assed and kind of worthless. However I did appreciate the Gerudo woman being super pissed that Ocarina of Time era Ganon was masquerading as one of them.

e: also Zelda and Mipha's voice actresses sound like understudies for a high-school level Shakespearean production

• Locked thread