Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The animated Trump has a mouth like an anal prolapse :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The animated Trump has a mouth like an anal prolapse :barf:

Art imitates Life

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Made me laught out loud.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

BarbarianElephant posted:

Why have no cartoonists taken the obvious angle of combining "Russian" + "Witch hunt" and depicted Trump piloting Baba Yaga's chickenfeet hut?

I'm definitely in favor of John Wick politoons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

I don't see how so many trump supporters think Julius Ceaser being performed is a response to Trump when Ceaser was you know, actually competent and a good portion of the play is about how he had good qualities in addition to bad

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Kurtofan posted:

by amaterasu, gaijin are so baka

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

mandatory lesbian posted:

I don't see how so many trump supporters think Julius Ceaser being performed is a response to Trump when Ceaser was you know, actually competent and a good portion of the play is about how he had good qualities in addition to bad

Well, for one thing Trump supporters tend to believe that he is actually competent and has good qualities in addition to bad.

The other reason, of course, is that they deliberately portrayed Caesar as Trump.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HAT FETISH posted:

Several pages back but aside from Brutus et al being the villains it's Shakespearean, you god drat loving know-nothing hack

Or does Glenn think the guy's name was actually Shakespear because that's kinda funny and pathetic if so.

To be fair, not even Shakespeare was able to spell Shakespeare: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakespeare%27s_handwriting#Shakespeare.27s_signatures

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Always great to see Augenblick getting work.

mandatory lesbian posted:

It's the same not seeing the forest from the trees that they had back during pussygate. They focus on one thing and think that's the only issue and there is no more context.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

History is repeating itself. Again!!

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Guess I gotta go through the F Plus archives to find out more about chair pulling.

Is there even such an episode? I'm legitimately curious. I've listened over 200 of them and don't recall anything about a chair pulling fetish.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Cock Soup posted:

Is there even such an episode? I'm legitimately curious. I've listened over 200 of them and don't recall anything about a chair pulling fetish.

:thejoke:

But yeah I wouldn't be surprised. I would want to hear that episode if it existed.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

I just used a fax machine yesterday. In fact, a lot of legal documents only permit submission by mail or fax.
Basically, gently caress off, Stiglich.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Theresa May and the Queen's speech – Theresa May’s minority government has dropped key manifesto pledges as the Queen announced a pared-down legislative programme focused on delivering Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

My favorite thing about this is how the airplane just wedged itself into the building while remaining intact, like someone jammed a toy plane into a block of cheese.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

I never get sick of British cartoonists, they always find a way to surprise me :captainpop:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh no, not his butt :stonk:

quote:

Can I just say I really appreciate how Latuff's Trump has normal white-guy skin tone except for a weird yellow splotch covering some of his face

it's very fitting

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yeah I remember when those Democrats Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan said we had to elect them to find out what his health care plan was.

Even the original message is absolutely dumb. "Democrats did dumb thing. Now we're doing dumb thing. Checkmate." :psyduck:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Cartoonist"

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

D.N. Nation posted:

"Cartoonist"

I love that. It's a visual medium, and they're talking about the character not making motions, and using quotes around a word that's printed. It's almost 4th wall breaking, except it's poo poo.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I love that. It's a visual medium, and they're talking about the character not making motions, and using quotes around a word that's printed. It's almost 4th wall breaking, except it's poo poo.

It's basically Oops, I forgot to tell a joke!, because Todd wanted to highlight that DEMS = SUCK but covered his hot take in only three panels. So he had to add this other poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A certain nutjob hack just can't stop himself from making the dumbest takes:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

D.N. Nation posted:

"Cartoonist"

Judge tosses cartoonist's claims he was defamed by L.A. Times journalists and former publisher

quote:

In court Wednesday, Rall’s attorney, Nare Avagyan, argued that after The Times published the editor’s note and a more detailed explanation to readers a month later, her client was “shunned by his peers.”

Avagyan maintained that Rall wasn’t a well-known media figure, so it wasn’t necessary for the newspaper to explain its concerns about his blog post.

“That is not an issue of public interest,” she said, calling Rall a “behind-the-scenes cartoonist.”

Kalin interjected with a question: “Were his cartoons signed?”

“Yes,” she responded. The judge nodded.

[...]

Outside the courtroom, Rall said he hoped his case would catch the attention of the state Legislature, contending that The Times’ motion was an example of a big company using the SLAPP law against a “$300-a-week cartoonist.”

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

"How dare they fire the voice of a generation/the revolution, Ted Rall! Also he's not really important and they didn't have to be so mean about it."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Intellectually, Ted Rall is the 7th grader who smells weird and got caught jerking off in the locker room before gym class, but yeah, it's the LA Times' fault he's been "shunned by his peers."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Zesty posted:

Yeah I remember when those Democrats Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan said we had to elect them to find out what his health care plan was.

Even the original message is absolutely dumb. "Democrats did dumb thing. Now we're doing dumb thing. Checkmate." :psyduck:

And there were actually dozens of open hearings about the ACA, with hundreds of amendments to the bill before it got to the floor.

Naturally, the funsy part is that now it's in peril because Rand, Cruz and a couple of other R's won't support it, because it doesn't go far enough to gently caress over people! And, there are some less-than-extreme R's who don't like it because it goes too far. Good job activating the most extreme elements of your base!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

MrUnderbridge posted:

Naturally, the funsy part is that now it's in peril because Rand, Cruz and a couple of other R's won't support it, because it doesn't go far enough to gently caress over people! And, there are some less-than-extreme R's who don't like it because it goes too far. Good job activating the most extreme elements of your base!

This is just posturing so the senators can get on the record as having gotten it amended one way or other. Do you seriously think Ted loving Cruz is gonna vote "no" at the end of the day?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is just posturing so the senators can get on the record as having gotten it amended one way or other. Do you seriously think Ted loving Cruz is gonna vote "no" at the end of the day?

Yes, because Ted Cruz will always do what's best for Ted Cruz. See the picture of him on the phones for Trump. If voting No gives him some advantage in his eyes, he absolutely will.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yes, because Ted Cruz will always do what's best for Ted Cruz. See the picture of him on the phones for Trump. If voting No gives him some advantage in his eyes, he absolutely will.
I'm pretty sure Cruz and Trump have a similar base, and a no vote will not help him. It may not particularly hurt him either though. Especially if it worked out that he could do so while the bill still passes.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:flashfap:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
So now we know what Rall's cartoons are going to be about for the next few weeks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Reminder:

Shangri-Law School posted:

Ted Rall works for Sputnik News.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Man I haven't seen the "I thought you were feminists, how can you dislike a woman :smugbert:" line in a few minutes.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

ahh yes, that popular theory in the democratic party that Hillary lost because of a funny word in a tweet Trump was going to make several months in the future

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Angepain posted:

ahh yes, that popular theory in the democratic party that Hillary lost because of a funny word in a tweet Trump was going to make several months in the future
There's been a lot of Dem losing since then too though.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"Obstruction of Justice"
"Scales of Justice"

"Floor of Justice"
"Robes of Justice"
"Sky of Justice"
"Justice of J-