Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

I lied this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya2tc58t

and 2-3 firsts.

and waive Mike Miller's unguaranteed contract.

way slanted in CHI favor. too much to give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

With the cap going down and all these teams trying to clear space, isn't Rondo's contract actually kind of useful as a trade chip plus it gets rid of Rondo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

euphronius posted:

way slanted in CHI favor. too much to give up.

You are getting a top 10 15 player in the goddamn league. On an amazing contract relative to the current max, and 3 years of control.

With Butler and Jokic and tons of cap you are in a great position to land some max players.

Sandeep
Mar 27, 2002

I should be working on Summoner 3 instead of engaging in political discussions
I really wish there was a George Chris in the NBA and rumored for a trade just to complete the circle.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Somebody should make me a GM. (Sacramento would give NY some picks as well)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

:negative:

R.D. Mangles posted:

With the cap going down and all these teams trying to clear space, isn't Rondo's contract actually kind of useful as a trade chip plus it gets rid of Rondo

This would require someone wanting to trade for Rondo.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Butler in Denver would be boring because I don't care about the Nugs.

Reunite him with Thibs!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

pubic works project posted:

:negative:

This would require someone wanting to trade for Rondo.

You arent trading for Rondo but trading for his contract that can be denied to shed cap

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I feel it in my bones that an all-star is not gonna get traded to Denver.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jubs posted:

As the hero who took the Brooklyn Nests to 20 straight undefeated seasons (including the playoffs) in the https://basketball-gm.com/ game, I should clearly be the priority as a hire but if you can convince Melo to leave I'll let you have the job thanks

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Jubs posted:

First rule of being a GM - don't try to trade players you don't have. (Gay, Griffin and Reddick are all free agents).

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Shear Modulus posted:

thats a great bashez post because everything is extremely correct except green being better than love and kyrie

"Demonstrably better because *whips up some quick one sided stats that favor defense only* these stats say so :smug: "

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/878013980668698624

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I can't wait for the day like 6-7 years from now when the Sixers win the championship and they're hoisting the banner in the rafters and a young son asks his father "Dad, someone on the playground today said we should thank Hinkie for this, who's Hinkie?" and his dad says, "Son, have a seat over here and let me tell you about the process."

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lol I want Mudiay nowhere near my second team.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

You are getting a top 10 15 player in the goddamn league. On an amazing contract relative to the current max, and 3 years of control.

With Butler and Jokic and tons of cap you are in a great position to land some max players.

Isnt it 2 years of control. I may be confusing contracts. Lots of rumors.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mudiay is gonna get a better pick than Russell, I'd like to die.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Isnt it 2 years of control. I may be confusing contracts. Lots of rumors.

Yeah, 2 full years then he has a player option.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rick posted:

Magic gonna Magic

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I think it's the 13th WITH Mudiay for Bledsoe

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Please no

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

oh right, my bad I counted the years wrong.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Emmanuel "The Worst Player in the NBA" Mudiay kind of rhymes at least

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
what's better for a team, Bledsoe on the bench with an injury or Mudiay on the bench because he can't play NBA basketball?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/878018824699641856

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're Markelle Fultz, are you happy going to the Sixers instead of the Cs? I mean we all love Embiid, but memes don't win championships. Aside from having three young superstars, how's the org and culture?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

If you're Markelle Fultz, are you happy going to the Sixers instead of the Cs? I mean we all love Embiid, but memes don't win championships. Aside from having three young superstars, how's the org and culture?

He really wanted to play for the Celtics, which makes me a bit sad about the whole ordeal

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Unless it's for Harden or D'Antoni, no thanks.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

id obviously really like PG in Houston but i have no earthly idea what Houston could offer that makes any remote sense

what i mean is expect ryan anderson and lou williams to be pacers by tomorrow

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

zoux posted:

If I'm Fultz, I'm sad as gently caress. Yeah Philly has a load of young talent, but they're all huge injury risks.

Boston made the conference finals and has a consensus top-5 coach.

With the NBA's guaranteed contracts, it feels to me like everyone who's at least above average gets paid PLENTY over the course of their careers, setting aside medical cases.

So if that's the case, I want to go to the best team, if only because it makes it more likely someone's gonna crazily overpay me down the road. Definitely Boston over Philly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

If I'm Fultz, I'm sad as gently caress. Yeah Philly has a load of young talent, but they're all huge injury risks.

With the NBA's guaranteed contracts, it feels to me like everyone who's at least above average gets paid PLENTY over the course of their careers, setting aside medical cases.

So if that's the case, I want to go to the best team, if only because it makes it more likely someone's gonna crazily overpay me down the road. Definitely Boston over Philly.

lol no

Hes going to play 35 mins a game in Philadephia. Hed be lucky to average 20 in boston.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

zoux posted:

Dude wanted to play for the Sixers from all the post-lotto reports. He can start from day 1 and not ride the bench behind IT

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

On the other hand, it's Boston

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
so does all the drama happen tonight? or is it more tomorrow after the draft dust settles?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

RaySmuckles posted:

so does all the drama happen tonight? or is it more tomorrow after the draft dust settles?

Tonight for sure

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
free agents get signed on the 1st, right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If you want a max contract you are way more likely to get the minutes and developments during your rookie contract in Philly than in Boston.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

RaySmuckles posted:

free agents get signed on the 1st, right?

On the 5th, but teams can officially talk to players from the 1st and plenty of deals will be announced suspiciously early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

E: wrong thread

• Locked thread