Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

“Gentlemen, I fear we've got a traitor in our midst!“ *gasp*

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's a fake scorpion right? I didn't think there were any that big.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Check the pixels.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RatHat posted:

There aren't any that big now, but there used to be in prehistoric times. That's either a photoshop or a model reconstruction.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know you went for the humorous misuse of your/you're, but that works. something to be embarrassed about just like you are posting, i e the things he is posting are something to be embarrassed about

Don't sign you are posts.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Jamesman posted:

There's gonna be a scene with a youn Han and a young Greedo, and Han will say "The next time you see me, you better shoot first before I get a chance to."

He didn't.

Jamesman posted:

And then he'll walk past somebody frozen in carbonite and say "Boy I'd hate to be that guy!"

He would be.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Being close to Lucas is actually a contraindicator of being able to make a good Star War in the last 20 years

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

RatHat posted:

I understand the confusion, but those are cats. You can tell because of the fur and the pointy bits being at the other end.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!
I never knew what this song was about until I read the lyrics.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Didn't Han gently caress a giant weasel princess in one of those godawful EU books?

Just make a movie about that.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Boofchicken posted:

Pfft, that's obviously fake, here's the real lyrics according to google:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Didn't Han gently caress a giant weasel princess in one of those godawful EU books?

Just make a movie about that.

And Chewie is his son?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Boofchicken posted:

You're so vain, I bet you think this song is about you, don't you?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've seen this strip many times over the years, and I just now realized scorpy is crying and doesn't just have weird eyes.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

I've seen this strip many times over the years, and I just now realized scorpy is crying and doesn't just have weird eyes.

No no, scorpions sweat from their eyes he;s not crying

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

hawowanlawow posted:

It's a commonly-known fact that scorpions can only sting you once, because they then begin to melt, starting in the face region.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I saw this movie the other day and yeah I couldn't quite figure out what his purpose was. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, maybe they explained it?

The original Robocop was directed by Paul Verhoevan. Having diegetic news, tv shows and ads are part of his style and the Sam Jackson scenes in the Robocop remake was an homage to that. See also Starship Troopers and the military recruitment ads. The Robocop live action TV show also used this, so it's definitely seen as a Robocop 'thing'.

The original directors of the Han Solo movie were Lord & Miller who did the 21 Jump Street movies and Clone High. Apparently, the movie they were making became too "irreverent" and had too much improvisation not unlike their previous work. To me, this means their understanding of Star Wars is more in line with what George Lucas had in mind than what Lawrence Kasdan (who is writing the movie, and also wanted Return of The Jedi to end with Luke putting on Vader's helmet and taking over the Empire). They did not bail, Lucasfilm fired them after 6 moths of filming with 3 more weeks to go.

The MSJ has a new favorite as of 00:43 on Jun 23, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

*bends carrot the wrong way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_l-4rAUAzQ

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIabNqGnqn4

edit:
I will never not post this when Seagal gets brought up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkskuSXqUD0

My old roommates and I used to have Steven Seagal Sundays when football wasn't on.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Jun 23, 2017

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

MNIMWA posted:

No no, scorpions sweat from their eyes he;s not crying

That's my PB face too

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Solice Kirsk posted:

edit:
I will never not post this when Seagal gets brought up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkskuSXqUD0

I think it's safe to say he doesn't run at all these days.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kennel posted:

And Chewie is his son?

Sure why not.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rolo posted:

I've had to work with Seagal before, he's a massive baby.

Gonna need more info, as very few people derive more glee from the story of Seagal getting choked out by Joe Lewis so bad he poo poo himself

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Gonna need more info, as very few people derive more glee from the story of Seagal getting choked out by Joe Lewis so bad he poo poo himself

Do you mean Gene LeBell?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
He must

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reminder that Steven Seagal in an attempt to look macho started a reality show of him being an honorary sheriff's deputy to--wait for it--Joe Arpaio

This resulted in him using an armored vehicle to run a bust on a man accused of cock fighting, bashing into his garage in a no-knock warrant type of situation and killing his dog

The network (Spike?) did not pick up the show

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Goddamn right I am... :grin:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

My old roommates and I used to have Steven Seagal Sundays when football wasn't on.

don't mind me, just watching softcore Steven Seagal with the boys

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Yeah, that was "Judo" Gene Lebell. Seagal denies it ever happened. Lebell is a crazy old grandpa and a bit of a bullshit artist in his own right, but he's also a legitimate Judo badass and in this case I'm more than happy to believe his versions of events.

Seagal shoots a lot of movies in the city I live in. No woman with any knowledge of the business will work for the guy as an assistant because he's a notoriously massive sleaze ball, and so are most of his circle, including his producers. He's even put ads out looking for personal assistants because no one with half a brain will go near him, to the point where I've seen Facebook and Twitter posts pop up from friends to announce "If you are thinking about applying for a job with Steven Seagal's production team, don't loving do it!!!!"

An editor I used to work for said he would bring his "personal monk" into the edit suite and smoke everyone out with the foulest incense imaginable so he could jump on the Avid and attempt cut the movie himself. Even 10 years ago he was using stunt doubles in fat suits for literally everything except for closeups. If it's below the shoulders, it's not him, to the point where his fights look like the diner scene from I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS_eNA0U9oA

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dillbag posted:

Yeah, that was "Judo" Gene Lebell. Seagal denies it ever happened. Lebell is a crazy old grandpa and a bit of a bullshit artist in his own right, but he's also a legitimate Judo badass and in this case I'm more than happy to believe his versions of events.

Seagal shoots a lot of movies in the city I live in. No woman with any knowledge of the business will work for the guy as an assistant because he's a notoriously massive sleaze ball, and so are most of his circle, including his producers. He's even put ads out looking for personal assistants because no one with half a brain will go near him, to the point where I've seen Facebook and Twitter posts pop up from friends to announce "If you are thinking about applying for a job with Steven Seagal's production team, don't loving do it!!!!"

An editor I used to work for said he would bring his "personal monk" into the edit suite and smoke everyone out with the foulest incense imaginable so he could jump on the Avid and attempt cut the movie himself. Even 10 years ago he was using stunt doubles in fat suits for literally everything except for closeups. If it's below the shoulders, it's not him, to the point where his fights look like the diner scene from I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS_eNA0U9oA

It was Judo Gene, my bad. I believe Joe Rogan said he witnessed it? Then again Rogan's pretty full of poo poo too, isn't he?

Also, same here regarding believing the story.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

idgi

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbeilmP2wY8

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I hope we find out that Han was really a good guy, but acted like a rogue to hide his feelings. That would be a cool character development. Also he'll somehow run into R2D2.

I hope we find out why he doesn't believe in the force even though it was a widely accepted reality only a couple of decades ago and the emperor and his second-in-command are both still devout believers. Is he like the equivalent of a flat-Earther or something?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

I hope we find out why he doesn't believe in the force even though it was a widely accepted reality only a couple of decades ago and the emperor and his second-in-command are both still devout believers. Is he like the equivalent of a flat-Earther or something?

Sure with in recent memory there were hordes of sci-fi spell swords that were slaughtered by clone armies and there was even official Senate minutes archiving the entire event, but Han "The Truth" Solo ain't buying that poo poo. He's living in the real world where there is no bullshit "force" except for those two dudes that run the entire galaxy that use it literally all the time.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Khyber crystals can't melt planets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sure with in recent memory there were hordes of sci-fi spell swords that were slaughtered by clone armies and there was even official Senate minutes archiving the entire event, but Han "The Truth" Solo ain't buying that poo poo. He's living in the real world where there is no bullshit "force" except for those two dudes that run the entire galaxy that use it literally all the time.
In fairness, they were apparently no match for a good blaster at your side.