Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

quote:

Hierophant:
M: * WS: * BS: 3 (oops misprint)S: 10 T: 8 W: 50 A: * Ld: 10 Sv: 2+

35-50+: 12"/3+/6
20-34: 9"/3+/5
5-19: 6"/4+/4
1-4: 3"/5+/3

Dire Bio-cannon: 48", Macro 6, S:10 AP:-2 D:2D6
Bio-plasma Torrent: 8", Pistol 2D6, S:5 AP:-2 D:1 Auto-hits
Lashwips: Melee/ S: User / AP:-1 / D:2 3x hits per attack.
Monstrous talons: Melee/ S:x2 AP:-5 D:2D6

5++
Death throes
Titanic with shooting out of combat with infantry.
Incendiary Ichor: 4+ MW to enemy if suffered wound in fight.
Swarm incubation chamber: Transport 20x Stealers, Gants or Gaunts OR 6x Hive Guard, Tyrant Guard or Warriors PLUS 1x Prime or Broodlord.

Scythed Hierodule: PL:22
M: * WS: * BS: 4+ S: 10 T: 8 W: 22 A: * Ld: 10 Sv: 3+

11-22+: 12"/3+/7
6-10: 8"/4+/5
1-9: 4"/5+/3

Massive talons.
Bio-acid spray: 8", Heavy 2D6, S:6 AP:-2 D:D3 Auto-hits.
Agile: Advance adds 6" move.
Death throes.
Titanic as usual.

Barbed Hierodule: PL:22
M: * WS: 3+ BS: * S: 10 T: 8 W: 22 A: * Ld: 10 Sv: 3+

11-22+: 12"/4+/5
6-10: 8"/5+/4
1-5: 4"/6+/3

Bio-cannon 48", Heavy 6, S:8 AP:-2 D:D3
Massive talons
Agile: Advances add 6" to move. 3D6 charges discard lowest.
Titanic: Can shoot over Infantry if in combat with them.
Death throes.

Meiotic Spores: PL:3 3 per unit.
M: 3" WS: - BS: - S: 1 T: 2 W: 2 A: 1 Ld: 10 Sv: 7+

Explodes within 3". 2-5= D3 MW, 6= D6 MW
Same no VP rules as spore mines.
Can only set up 12" away from enemy via deepstrike.

Stone-Crusher Carnifex Brood: PL: 5 (1-3)
M: 7" WS: 4+ BS: 4+ S: 6 T: 7 W: 8 A: 4 Ld: 6 Sv: 3+

Bio-flail: Melee S:User AP:-1 D:2 Hit rolls= number of enemy in unit within 2".
Wrecker Claws: Melee S:x2 AP:-3 D:D6 Re-roll wounds Vs Buildings + vehicles. 2 pairs= re-roll hits as well vs same.
Chitin rams: 4+ 1 Mortal wound on enemy within 1" after charge. D3 to vehicle or building.

Harridan: PL:32
M: * WS: * BS: * S: 7 T: 7 W: 30 A: 5 Ld: 10 Sv: 3+

16-30+: 30"/3+/3+
10-15: 20"/3+/4+
5-9: 15"/5+/6+

Same cannon as Barbed Hierodule.
Massive talons.

Frenzied metabolism: Suffer D3 MW to add D6 S to cannon for a turn.
Sky attack: D3 MW to a unit it flies over (not characters).
Titanic: Same rules for infantry in combat.
Death throes.

Transports 20 Gargoyles.

Big news - Malanthropes are still 90pts!
Heirophant is 1800
Harridan 740
Stone crushers 98-110 or so depending on gear

xtothez fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Malanthrope is totally back in the menu at 90pts.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
90pts is so cheap it really has to be a misprint. It's already a better synapse option than a Prime due to 50% more wounds and -1 to Hit. Thinking they meant 190pts

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Could I please ask the rules for corsairs (infantry and bikes), nightwing interceptors, and whether there are any rules for eldar corsair army lists? Thanks very much.

The rules for corsairs are a full page each, tons of weapon options... Hold up.

No special lists though.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

TKIY posted:

The rules for corsairs are a full page each, tons of weapon options... Hold up.

No special lists though.

Much appreciated. Laboriously assembled 20 jet pack infantry just last month.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

xtothez posted:

90pts is so cheap it really has to be a misprint. It's already a better synapse option than a Prime due to 50% more wounds and -1 to Hit. Thinking they meant 190pts

It's an ideal cheap HQ for the alternate detachments too.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

xtothez posted:

That's where the extra 100 points on the Knight Magaera came from!

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Pendent posted:

I hate to say it but I just don't see a role for Sternguard that biglies won't be able to fill more effectively once they get their own transports. Maybe bigmarines won't get drop pods and Sternguard will get to keep their niche of suicide deepstrikers.

If you're talking about no upgrades, I'd agree. But there are a lot of things you can do with Sternguard that the Intercessor's can't do.

And they may get a transport, but it might not be as good as a Twin Assault Cannon Razorback is right now.

Between the base weapon being better, options for mass combi-weapons, heavy flamers, and the lack of restrictions, I think there are things they can do that Intercessor's can't.

And even in 5-man squads, Morale does matter. Not a ton, but it does.

Sternguard got nerfed for sure. But I don't think they're completely outclassed by Intercessor's now, for all the reasons I've mentioned.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

WhiteWolf123 posted:

If you're talking about no upgrades, I'd agree. But there are a lot of things you can do with Sternguard that the Intercessor's can't do.

And they may get a transport, but it might not be as good as a Twin Assault Cannon Razorback is right now.

Between the base weapon being better, options for mass combi-weapons, heavy flamers, and the lack of restrictions, I think there are things they can do that Intercessor's can't.

And even in 5-man squads, Morale does matter. Not a ton, but it does.

Sternguard got nerfed for sure. But I don't think they're completely outclassed by Intercessor's now, for all the reasons I've mentioned.

But that's the thing.

I said vanilla sternguard are outclassed by intercessors.

Company veterans do all the things that combi weapon sternguard do, plus can take storm shields on every model and are bodyguards for the same base cost per model. There is little to no reason to take sternguard over compaby veterans and intercessors. I guess if you really desperately need the elite slot you save by running a 10 man sternguard squad instead of 2 5-man company veteran squads.

The only thing that makes sternguard special is they come default with 30 inch AP-2 bolters. Otherwise they are generic veterans with more restrictive gear choices. If you choose not to use those bolters then you are taking a unit with more restrictions than company veterans, with no advantage other than being 5-10 models instead of 2-5. If you are taking them for their 30 inch AP-2 bolters, they have to compete wiht models with 30 inch AP-1 bolters and twice the wounds for 1 more ppm.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 23, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I have some updates on the painting experiment on the Dark Vengeance models I gave my mother, she's half-way through painting them so any feedback would be appreciated and next time I will try to use some better lighting conditions

Pretty much told her to focus on "rusty brass and/or silver" for this and to give red details where appropriate

Dark Vengeance tactical squad

One of the boxed set special characters I think? Honestly even though he's a Space Wolf he'd make a sick Chaos Lord

Those cheapo Russian six-dollar tanks on eBay actually paint up surprisingly nicely for their price and come with plenty of weapon options to choose from

Even looks kind of cool primed and un-painted

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

chutche2 posted:

But that's the thing.

I said vanilla sternguard are outclassed by intercessors.

Company veterans do all the things that combi weapon sternguard do, plus can take storm shields on every model and are bodyguards for the same base cost per model. There is little to no reason to take sternguard over compaby veterans and intercessors. I guess if you really desperately need the elite slot you save by running a 10 man sternguard squad instead of 2 5-man company veteran squads.

I agree that sternguard and company veterans are very close now. They're largely the same unit, with a handful of small differences.

I disagree about the Intercessors. If you want to pretend sternguard can't take upgrades, or ride in transports, then sure. Bigly marines are more cost effective than bare Sternguard with no upgrades on foot.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

WhiteWolf123 posted:

I agree that sternguard and company veterans are very close now. They're largely the same unit, with a handful of small differences.

I disagree about the Intercessors. If you want to pretend sternguard can't take upgrades, or ride in transports, then sure. Bigly marines are more cost effective than bare Sternguard with no upgrades on foot.

Yes. You have two alternatives for how to run them.

Do you want bare sternguard? Take intercessors. Do you want sternguard with upgrades? Take company veterans. I'm not pretending anything, there are different ways to run sternguard (bare and not bare) and there is a unit that covers each of those better than sternguard does.

There is no third option that makes sternguard better than just taking one of those other two choices, other than being 10 models for 1 elite slot.

The "handful of small differences" is company veterans get more wargear options and an extra special rule for no cost increase. Hell, sternguard specifically can't take a thunder hammer unlike every other sergeant, including tactical sergeants, for no real reason, They have much more limited wargear options, and trade that by having better bolters by default. But if you trade those better bolters out for something else you get an inferior unit.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 23, 2017

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

TKIY posted:

I have the FW Xenos book. Just unlocked.

Can you see rules for the Mega dread?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

goose willis posted:

I have some updates on the painting experiment on the Dark Vengeance models I gave my mother, she's half-way through painting them so any feedback would be appreciated and next time I will try to use some better lighting conditions

Pretty much told her to focus on "rusty brass and/or silver" for this and to give red details where appropriate

Dark Vengeance tactical squad

One of the boxed set special characters I think? Honestly even though he's a Space Wolf he'd make a sick Chaos Lord

Those cheapo Russian six-dollar tanks on eBay actually paint up surprisingly nicely for their price and come with plenty of weapon options to choose from

Even looks kind of cool primed and un-painted

Honestly I can't really even see what is going on in these photos to give feedback. There is most likely a lack of good contrast on the models though because I can see pretty much nothing.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yes I apologize for the lovely lighting

What is that cheapo lighting rig setup you people mostly use for model photos?

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
Crisis suits have the same movement stat as a scout sentinel. :cmon:

Shooty jet pack robot is
Less accurate than a termagant
Slower than a lictor
Worse LD than a scout sergeant
Fewer wounds than a sentinel
Twice as expensive as a terminator

thesurlyspringKAA fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 23, 2017

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Much appreciated. Laboriously assembled 20 jet pack infantry just last month.

Reavers are 8", 3+, 3+, 3, 3, 1W, 1A, LD 6, 5+
Base weapons lasblaster is Assault 3, S3, AP 0, 1D
Tons of weapon options, any specifically you want?
Can move 3" in any direction if it lands a wound in Overwatch
Rolls 2d6 on LD test, take lowest, but if it still fails it loses an extra model
16pts per model with Lasblaster

Skyreavers are 16" move, same stats otherwise, same rules plus FLY keyword, 19pts per model with Lasblaster

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raphus C posted:

Can you see rules for the Mega dread?

You mean the Meka-Dread?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

goose willis posted:

Yes I apologize for the lovely lighting

What is that cheapo lighting rig setup you people mostly use for model photos?

Get a clip light or two. Hell, hold a flashlight.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Get a clip light or two. Hell, hold a flashlight.

Also, going by the shadows the light source is behind them, which isn't awesome for photography.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

TKIY posted:

Reavers are 8", 3+, 3+, 3, 3, 1W, 1A, LD 6, 5+
Base weapons lasblaster is Assault 3, S3, AP 0, 1D
Tons of weapon options, any specifically you want?
Can move 3" in any direction if it lands a wound in Overwatch
Rolls 2d6 on LD test, take lowest, but if it still fails it loses an extra model
16pts per model with Lasblaster

Skyreavers are 16" move, same stats otherwise, same rules plus FLY keyword, 19pts per model with Lasblaster

Cheers mate. Pretty grim unfortunately, like a lot of eldar utility infantry. If could do the rules for their jetbikes (formerly cloud dancers) and the nightwing flyer, that would be great.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

chutche2 posted:

Also, going by the shadows the light source is behind them, which isn't awesome for photography.

It's actually above them it's a ceiling light

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

TKIY posted:

You mean the Meka-Dread?

Na, different unit (or it used to be) https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Ork-Mega-Dread. Can't see it in the new index, unless I'm blind.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Yes. You have two alternatives for how to run them.

Do you want bare sternguard? Take intercessors. Do you want sternguard with upgrades? Take company veterans. I'm not pretending anything, there are different ways to run sternguard (bare and not bare) and there is a unit that covers each of those better than sternguard does.

There is no third option that makes sternguard better than just taking one of those other two choices, other than being 10 models for 1 elite slot.

The "handful of small differences" is company veterans get more wargear options and an extra special rule for no cost increase. Hell, sternguard specifically can't take a thunder hammer unlike every other sergeant, including tactical sergeants, for no real reason, They have much more limited wargear options, and trade that by having better bolters by default. But if you trade those better bolters out for something else you get an inferior unit.

Sternguard Veterans can take Heavy Flamers. 2 of them even... in a 5-man squad. You can take a squad size anywhere between 6 and 10. As you mentioned, you can take a squad of 10 and combat squad them into 2 squads of 5 for a single Elites slot. And if you have a mixture of base weapons and heavy weapons, the base weapons are better. And a squad of 5 guys is 7 powerlevel points instead of 9.

I'm not arguing that other options aren't more cost-effective. But it's disingenuous to say that there's no reasons to take Sternguard over Intercessors or Veterans, when there clearly are.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raphus C posted:

Na, different unit (or it used to be) https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-WW/Ork-Mega-Dread. Can't see it in the new index, unless I'm blind.

It's not in there.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Drew Carey stronk.

Everything is made of paper but there are dark lances everywhere and everything moves loving fast.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Cheers mate. Pretty grim unfortunately, like a lot of eldar utility infantry. If could do the rules for their jetbikes (formerly cloud dancers) and the nightwing flyer, that would be great.

Cloud Dancers:

18", 3+, 3+, S3, T4, 2W, LD6, 4+
Twin Catapults - Assault 4, S4, AP -, D1, 6 to wound is AP-3
Same rules for Overwatch move and Morale tests
35pts with twin catapult

Nightwing
M 20"-60" degrading, BS 3+ degrading, S6, T6, 12W, LD 8, 3+
Twin Shuriken Cannon - Assault 6, S6, AP -, D1, 6 to wound AP -3
Twin Bright Lance - Heavy 2, S8, AP -4, Dd6
Turns 90 degrees then moves straight only, Hard to Hit, Fly, Airborne
Two wing modes - Retracted makes Advance +20", gives 5++, Extended ignores the 90 degree turn, must face an enemy unit, +1 to hit that unit this shooting phase but loses hard to hit
140pts including Cannons and Lances

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I had forgotten they can take heavy flamers. Then yes, that is the reason to take them, as they're as far as I know the only non-terminator infantry in a vanilla marine list that can use heavy flamers. So if you want that, go for it.

I don't think that conservation of elite slots is something that you are really going to have to consider for a marine force in 8th edition though. You can literally take vanguard detachments.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

As someone who is also painting up a purple BA successor, :hf:

:hf: You can't say that and not post them though. Never not post purple marines.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Just lol if you can't take heavy flamers on your devastator squads

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

Crisis suits have the same movement stat as a scout sentinel. :cmon:

Shooty jet pack robot is
Less accurate than a termagant
Slower than a lictor
Worse LD than a scout sergeant
Fewer wounds than a sentinel
Twice as expensive as a terminator

:smithicide: b-b-but they can deepstrike with 2 plasma and advanced targeting giving them 4 shots S6 AP-4 D1 at 12" each.

:confuoot:

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Any chance you mind spoiling the SKATHACH WRAITHKNIGHT WITH INFERNO LANCES rules?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

TKIY posted:

Cloud Dancers:

18", 3+, 3+, S3, T4, 2W, LD6, 4+
Twin Catapults - Assault 4, S4, AP -, D1, 6 to wound is AP-3
Same rules for Overwatch move and Morale tests
35pts with twin catapult

Nightwing
M 20"-60" degrading, BS 3+ degrading, S6, T6, 12W, LD 8, 3+
Twin Shuriken Cannon - Assault 6, S6, AP -, D1, 6 to wound AP -3
Twin Bright Lance - Heavy 2, S8, AP -4, Dd6
Turns 90 degrees then moves straight only, Hard to Hit, Fly, Airborne
Two wing modes - Retracted makes Advance +20", gives 5++, Extended ignores the 90 degree turn, must face an enemy unit, +1 to hit that unit this shooting phase but loses hard to hit
140pts including Cannons and Lances

Thank you again. Nightwing seems usable, unfortunately the bike and infantry units, in classic forgewordl fashion, seem like their codex equivalents with a substantial points hike in exchange for situational, marginal special rules. The nearest eldar equivalents (swooping hawks and windriders are pretty drat pricy already, so that's a deal breaker.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

Pendent posted:

Just lol if you can't take heavy flamers on your devastator squads

You can't.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

I fortunately play a good chapter so I can Blood Angels

This may actually give me a different perspective on the Sternguard debate when I think about it. Heavy flamers aren't really a big deal to me.

It actually just occurred to me how hilarious it would be to pack a Stormraven with a pair of heavy flamer Dev squads and a Furioso with frag cannon. Maybe just the one squad of flamers would be enough but either way would be incredibly nasty for someone.

Edit: It would rule if I could load a Primaris Leuitenent up to. Fortunately I can deepstrike a Sanguinary Guard Ancient for the same wound reroll

Pendent fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 23, 2017

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Quick question, what were Chapter and Legion tactics for the non-individual codex Marines? Like, Emperor's Children, Imperial Fists, Salamanders, that kind of thing.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Alokgen posted:

Any chance you mind spoiling the SKATHACH WRAITHKNIGHT WITH INFERNO LANCES rules?

BALLSCRATCH NUGNUGGINS
M 12" degrading, 3+ degrading, 3+ degrading, S8, T8, 24W, 4A, LD 9, 3+, 5++
Inferno Lance - 24" Heavy d6, S8, -4 AP, D d6, melta rule
Deep strikes, can return to reserves if no enemy within 1", can fall back and still shoot or charge
640pts with 2 lances

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Bee posted:

Quick question, what were Chapter and Legion tactics for the non-individual codex Marines? Like, Emperor's Children, Imperial Fists, Salamanders, that kind of thing.

Are you asking about their rules or general fluff stuff?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

JBP posted:

Are you asking about their rules or general fluff stuff?

Mostly game stuff, but considering 8th is a new edition the fluff could be helpful too for puzzling out how they might work down the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Bee posted:

Mostly game stuff, but considering 8th is a new edition the fluff could be helpful too for puzzling out how they might work down the road.

Fists are bolter masters and usually get access to some better armour or a toughness boost because they're siege defenders. Iron Warriors are similar but they're siege attackers with artillery bonuses usually.

Emperor's Children are similar to Blood Angels as they both generally get access to higher initiative and movement, which will be bonus attacks and movement in 8th.

Wolves and World Eaters are +attacks, better access to cc weapons. Wolves are always the best faction in the game rules wise because GW love them, even more than Ultramarines. They get poo poo like bolters counting as a bolt pistol and counter charges historically.

Iron Hands and Death Guard are tough as gently caress. I think Iron Hands used to get access to more dreads or troop dreadnoughts as well.

Dark Angels have more relic tech than other legions/chapters and take lots of plasma weapons.

Thousand Sons and Word Bearers have weird troops that are sentient robot armour or evil monsters and have access to a lot of psychic poo poo.

Many of them are simply that you can take particular units as troops (like bikes for White Scars and stuff.)

The rules have always reflected these facets either very well or very poorly and I'd expect the 8th ed books to push the boat out a little bit on their individual cool traits.

e: also when you start to look at rites of war and stuff, they can diverge pretty dramatically like allowing for mass deep striking, bonus cc resolutions, all sorts of wacky poo poo. You can pick a chapter or legion you like and have faith the rules will reflect what they like to do or are best at doing. Whether the rules are poo poo or not is in the hands of fate though. Like I play 40k Space Wolves (the eternal #1 best space marine baller faction) and Emperor's Children in 30k (very near to being total loving garbage until they fixed them in the more recent rule release) and I really love both since they play the way I like and I focus a bit more on using their fluffy units than just taking whatever is the best bang for points or whatever.

Except I refuse to use riding dogs with Space Wolves because gently caress off GW I play space vikings.

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 23, 2017