Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
By the way, anyone buying games just for trading cards...you people are a joke.

If you're really that desperate to make your summer sale badges, I know I have over 20 cards myself, just go to the marketplace like everyone else and get it over with. The Discovery Queue doesn't even help you anymore because you'll only get 2 cards per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I have steam mobile authenticator on my phone but I still can't sell cards on the market place. Wtf?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I miss the days of 75 percent off. The sales were more bigly back in the day, sad!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I was just poking around for stuff and may have found a pricing error. The Shadowrun Complete collection is on sale for under $3 (86% off) and includes all of the recent Shadowrun games. The individual games are on sale for significantly more than that (Hong Kong is $7.50 for the version of the game in the bundle plus another $2 for the pdf book that you'll never look at which is also in the bundle). Not a bad deal if you're at all interested in it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Random Stranger posted:

I was just poking around for stuff and may have found a pricing error. The Shadowrun Complete collection is on sale for under $3 (86% off) and includes all of the recent Shadowrun games. The individual games are on sale for significantly more than that (Hong Kong is $7.50 for the version of the game in the bundle plus another $2 for the pdf book that you'll never look at which is also in the bundle). Not a bad deal if you're at all interested in it.

do you already own most of the bundle? i have the original one and dragonfall already and its 6.77 for me

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Prey sounds like a lot of fun, but with my massive backlog I'm going to try and wait until the fall/winter sales to see if I can get a bigger drop. Got a few personal interests (Dishonored 2, Mordheim, Devil's Daughter) and on people's strong recommendations Hyper Light Drifter, Dead Cells, and Hollow Knight.

I'll admit some of the excited anticipation was lost with no more flash sales, but it's nice to know exactly what the prices are going to be and just get with it instead of delaying buying a game I want for several weeks. I'll also gladly trade the flash sales for a no-questions-asked return policy in the event of a lemon.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Awesome! posted:

do you already own most of the bundle? i have the original one and dragonfall already and its 6.77 for me

That must be it. I didn't realize they've changed things so they don't charge for the bits you already own.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah thats an option they can set for bundles now but not a requirement so some dont use it

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Please forgive me lord...but I purchased Mighty No. 9 on sale. I understand that this was a grave mistake.

I swear it was only part of a Deep Silver bundle, there were only two games left and I yearned to complete it. If I really wanted it that bad, I'd just buy a cheap key from G2A.

I do hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive my sins, father. Amen.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Hey all.. I have some questions...

If I'm looking at either Dead Cells or Hollow Knight , which is the better choice? Neither has a great discount, so I'll probably grab one and wait for the next sale on the other.

Also, is there anything of value in the Fallout 4 Season Pass? I hate not getting all of the content, but $15 for the base game vs like $40+ for the bundle with the DLC seems brutal and the reviews are decidedly negative.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

get hollow knight

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Junior Jr. posted:

Please forgive me lord...but I purchased Mighty No. 9 on sale. I understand that this was a grave mistake.

I swear it was only part of a Deep Silver bundle, there were only two games left and I yearned to complete it. If I really wanted it that bad, I'd just buy a cheap key from G2A.

I do hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive my sins, father. Amen.

This implies that you also bought / own Homefront: The Revolution, which to me seems like the more grievous error.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Substandard posted:

This implies that you also bought / own Homefront: The Revolution, which to me seems like the more grievous error.

You know that game's a greater sin because you can't even access the main menu. :negative:

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Substandard posted:

Also, is there anything of value in the Fallout 4 Season Pass? I hate not getting all of the content, but $15 for the base game vs like $40+ for the bundle with the DLC seems brutal and the reviews are decidedly negative.

I don't think they're terrible but I'd still say skip the season pass. You'll get plenty of playtime with the core game and if you're screaming for more Fallout 4 by the winter sale (unlikely), they'll still be there.

Edit: Forgot about the terrible workshop DLC, which are all bad.

too much dead rat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 23, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So.... Clandestine is on sale for 5 bucks.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/290530
Has anyone played this a bunch? Is it as fun as the concept makes it seem?

Same question for Seraph which is now $2.60.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/425670

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 23, 2017

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

too much dead rat posted:

I don't think they're terrible but I'd still say skip the season pass. You'll get plenty of playtime with the core game and if you're screaming for more Fallout 4 by the winter sale (unlikely), they'll still be there.

Edit: Forgot about the terrible workshop DLC, which are all bad.

That reminds me, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is 75% off, just get that one instead.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

Can't speak for Clandestine but i had a lot of fun with Seraph. It's not super complex but the acrobatics you can pull off are just cool.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Junior Jr. posted:

That reminds me, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition is 75% off, just get that one instead.

Anyone who hasn't played Fallout New Vegas and all of its DLC to death and is considering Fallout 4: do not consider Fallout 4.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Junior Jr. posted:

ultimate edition is 50% (10bux) only the base game is 75% so they can trick you into buying the dlc later at 40% lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Substandard posted:

If I'm looking at either Dead Cells or Hollow Knight , which is the better choice? Neither has a great discount, so I'll probably grab one and wait for the next sale on the other.

Hollow Knight is actually finished and is a strong contender for indie GOTY. It's an outstading game of it's genre, much like Shovel Knight is for plataformers.

DaveKap posted:

So.... Clandestine is on sale for 5 bucks.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/290530
Has anyone played this a bunch? Is it as fun as the concept makes it seem?

Seraph is a very repetitive game with lacklusters upgrades(Things like "1% More Attack" or "2% Chance of Critical Hits"), shooting that's mostly garbage(Aside from a pretty good shotgun but it's hard to screw up a shotgun) and a story that goes nowhere - literally, as when you beat the last boss you get to make a choice and no matter what you choose it just skips to the credits. The dev said the story wasn't the main draw of the game so he doesn't care about it.. So if you do get invested into the logs, angels & demons and whatever is up with the protag, too bad. Skip it.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Samuringa posted:

Seraph is a very repetitive game with lacklusters upgrades(Things like "1% More Attack" or "2% Chance of Critical Hits"), shooting that's mostly garbage(Aside from a pretty good shotgun but it's hard to screw up a shotgun) and a story that goes nowhere - literally, as when you beat the last boss you get to make a choice and no matter what you choose it just skips to the credits. The dev said the story wasn't the main draw of the game so he doesn't care about it.. So if you do get invested into the logs, angels & demons and whatever is up with the protag, too bad. Skip it.
Huh, that reminds me of some other game that a ton of people loved but then when they got near the end the game just abruptly stopped and that pissed off everyone who played it. And no, it was some indie metroidvania, not Metal Gear Solid V.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Counter-opinion: Fallout 4 is good and fun as long as you don't have a ton of expectations about the game it's supposed to be and just enjoy it for what it is.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Substandard posted:

Hollow Knight easily

Dead Cells is great but is EA and has about 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of bosses and levels still to come (it ends as soon as you beat the second boss). The rest of the game (combat, performance, weapons, etc) and everything is solid and fully fleshed out but still, probably best to experience in all its complete glory. Put it on your wishlist and check back next sale (or two).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah just dont expect a good game and you will be happy :smugdon:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Samuringa posted:

I have to agree with this. I initially liked Seraph and its a pretty cool and slick looking and feeling game with sort of a 2D Bayonetta flow and feeling to it, which is actually almost as good as it sounds, but the levels are repetitive, the "mission" for each level are loving repetitive and boring as ever loving poo poo, story is stupid and goes no where, and theres really not enough variety in enemies either. Pass

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

PantsBandit posted:

Counter-opinion: Fallout 4 is good and fun as long as you don't have a ton of expectations about the game it's supposed to be and just enjoy it for what it is.

Fair enough, if you get bored and you're handy with the console, you can spawn a ton of weapons, armor, and items and be crazy overpowered.

Also best of all, you can mod the game FOR FRE- oh wait...nevermind.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Junior Jr. posted:

Oh, I totally have all other fallout games. I just figured it's probably worth $15 to play 4

my back pages
Jun 23, 2009

Substandard posted:

Hollow Knight is pretty neat. Good controls, generally cool ambiance (I found it a bit samey myself, but everyone else digs it). I wasn't too pulled in--I found it kinda slow, but it's complete and generally a very solid metroidvania.

Dead Cells has amazing controls and realllly well done animations and things. The game just *feels* really good to play. Unfortunately, it isn't yet complete. If it were complete, I'd recommend it over Hollow Knight, but for now, probably just go with Hollow Knight unless you really favour the roguelite style over the metroidvania style.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DaveKap posted:

Huh, that reminds me of some other game that a ton of people loved but then when they got near the end the game just abruptly stopped and that pissed off everyone who played it. And no, it was some indie metroidvania, not Metal Gear Solid V.

Dark Matter. The devs ran out of money and put up an unfinished (in fact it's only a couple hours long) game and only decided to tell anyone AFTER the backlash and they were going bankrupt.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Junior Jr. posted:

Fair enough, if you get bored and you're handy with the console, you can spawn a ton of weapons, armor, and items and be crazy overpowered.

Also best of all, you can mod the game FOR FRE- oh wait...nevermind.

Except you can mod the game for free because the mod system Bethesda announced
A: Isn't Up Yet
B: Will Not Allow Monetizing Existing Mods.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So here's a doozy for y'all.

Hollow Knight or Hyper Light Drifter?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DaveKap posted:

you could be talking about dark matter but I -think- you're talking about Valdis Story which initially only ended with a comic ABOUT the final boss instead of an actual final boss. that game is as overrated as you claim yeah

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

both?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you've never made a decision based on a coin flip until now, then do that.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Batch #1

Giveaway #1:

The first person to respond to this gets SuperHOT

e: nm I made it a gift link I'll just PM you!!!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Edmond Dantes posted:

Do you like platformers or top-down more? They're both really good re: exploration and atmosphere.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Edmond Dantes posted:

They are both pretty different games. I enjoyed Hyper Light Drifter, but there isn't much of a story if that interests you. I also found it pretty drat hard. Hollow Knight looks more forgiving based on the gameplay video I just watched. I just wrapped up Super Metroid for the first time in 20+ years and am itching for more, so I am a little biased toward Hollow Knight at the moment.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Penpal posted:

If you've never made a decision based on a coin flip until now, then do that.

This is a good option. There is actual science behind it. The second the coin is in the air you will find yourself rooting for one side over the other. There is your answer.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Batch #1

Giveaway #1:

The first person to respond to this gets SuperHOT

e: nm I made it a gift link I'll just PM you!!!

I'd love superhot?!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrreese

Edit: Big thanks to QFG 2!

too much dead rat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Edmond Dantes posted:

Hollow Knight imo. It's also goon-dev'd so support your local goon-devvs

Both both are very good and just depends on what you want. Do you want a Metroid or do you want an uhh pretty drat challenging finese action-game? Personally I enjoyed the fun slow burn of a fairly relaxing Metroid game and gorgeous graphics. HLD is stylized but it's still pixel art and can be frustrating at times.

• Locked thread