Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

PiCroft posted:

I recognize about half of them, which is depressing. Sargon, Shoe, ArmoredSkeptic, ComputingForever, MundaneMatt and I think That Guy T. I also *think* the guy just off camera whose eye you can see might be Chris Ray Gun.

https://twitter.com/DickCoughlan/status/877856707581431809

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it shaun
Jun 6, 2017
Hbomb was briefly in the same room as Carl, I'm so jealous.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

it shaun posted:

Hbomb was briefly in the same room as Carl, I'm so jealous.

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/877984454706434048

I can't wait to see him brag about how much he owned them dastardly SJWs by filming them for 5 seconds.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Weirdo posted:

Oh, I think I know the group, they've gotten some flack for trying to go after depressed college kids and other at-risk locals. Again I have real sympathy for folks with crummy childhoods, but becoming an angry talking head doesn't seem like the best path to mental health :smith:
Yeah. I can see why someone with NRM fundie parents might go full rational atheist, and yet have some weird hangups about women, but he'd probably be mostly okay if GamerGate hadn't happened and he could stick to making sick burns about sky dads. GG seems pretty much inevitable in retrospect now though, even if Zoeethics in video games journalism hadn't happened, something else would have provided the tenuous spark.

SteelMentor posted:

I can't wait to see him brag about how much he owned them dastardly SJWs by filming them for 5 seconds.
SJWs destroyed by spinny camera.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah. I can see why someone with NRM fundie parents might go full rational atheist, and yet have some weird hangups about women, but he'd probably be mostly okay if GamerGate hadn't happened and he could stick to making sick burns about sky dads. GG seems pretty much inevitable in retrospect now though, even if Zoeethics in video games journalism hadn't happened, something else would have provided the tenuous spark.

For a while it seems like Anita was going to be that catalyst, but that never really bubbled over properly until one certain manchild didn't handle being dumped very well.

Looking just before 2014, the ingredients for GooberGate were all there but it's incredible to me that the ultimate spark was from such a banal and pathetic place.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SteelMentor posted:

Looking just before 2014, the ingredients for GooberGate were all there but it's incredible to me that the ultimate spark was from such a banal and pathetic place.

given how much these dudes are obsessed with sexual harassment and cucking it's really no surprise that the thing which really shook them to their core was sexual jealousy and alleged infidelity

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Carl looks a lot like Slowbeef in that picture. Is Slowbeef secretly alt-right?!?!

Well he may have recently suffered brain damage...

1-800-DOCTORB fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 22, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Seeing how hard she seems to be steering into the abyss that seems p accurate. I only catch offhand mentions and snippets about it but it doesn't make her look like a kind person any more.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Honestly, the warning signs were kinda there. Before this I'd only ever hear of her because she said some dumb White Feminism/TERFy bullshit that usually ended with some mealy-mouthed apology.

Looking back, her "Truth is in the middle, we have to hear both sides" position was going to make her at the very least a useful idiot for regressive shitbirds.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

Honestly, the warning signs were kinda there. Before this I'd only ever hear of her because she said some dumb White Feminism/TERFy bullshit that usually ended with some mealy-mouthed apology.

Looking back, her "Truth is in the middle, we have to hear both sides" position was going to make her at the very least a useful idiot for regressive shitbirds.

Wait, is that chick Laci Greene?(sp)

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 23, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Laci Green, yeah.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

I meant the guy on the left hand side of the picture I quoted but given how much you can see, it could really be anyone.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh wow I enjoy 3/4 of the super team without even knowing they had some association! Who is the person in the top right of the photo?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SteelMentor posted:

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/877984454706434048

Was he not invited? Should he not have organized a panel around rock-solid logic and empirical evidence?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Lampsacus posted:

Oh wow I enjoy 3/4 of the super team without even knowing they had some association! Who is the person in the top right of the photo?

Hbomberguy, local Goon done good.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I've been watching some of Dan's stuff since I found him through this thread and I really like it so far

Holy poo poo dc is bad at movies

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Holy poo poo dc is bad at movies

Wonder Woman is legit good, somehow. Doubly surprised because Zach Snyder co-wrote and co-produced it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Wonder Woman is legit good, somehow. Doubly surprised because Zach Snyder co-wrote and co-produced it.

producer is basicaly just rubberstamp and money. I have yet to see it and i have heard its really good. Snyder is poo poo but i sorta like watchmen at least for the cinamatography/set design. parts of it do genuinly feel ripped from the comic and i like the actors for the most part except for ozymandias who they hosed up completely for the most part. rorshach is well done in it for being a broken insane hard right hobo.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Laci Green, yeah.

Wait, isn't she supposed to be a feminist? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

producer is basicaly just rubberstamp and money. I have yet to see it and i have heard its really good. Snyder is poo poo but i sorta like watchmen at least for the cinamatography/set design. parts of it do genuinly feel ripped from the comic and i like the actors for the most part except for ozymandias who they hosed up completely for the most part. rorshach is well done in it for being a broken insane hard right hobo.

Snyder loving up the framing of Ozymandias isn't coincidental- one of his dream projects is Atlas Shrugged.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Discendo Vox posted:

Snyder loving up the framing of Ozymandias isn't coincidental- one of his dream projects is Atlas Shrugged.

delete that turd from this world

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

delete that turd from this world

Atlas Shrugged or The Watchmen?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Snyder's 'dream project' is the fountainhead, not atlas shrugged

remember the ending of bvs where there's a quote from christopher wren (who was a philanthropist, devout christian, and most relevantly an architect) on superman's tombstone, in stark contrast to the big statue of Superman-as-Atlas that used to be there? and how the villain is a randian billionaire manchild with a god complex?

the dude's kinda crazy and loves jesus and jesus metaphors but that should make it even more obvious that he isn't an objectivist

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Sometimes he seems very self-aware and knows what he's doing and has a sense of humor, but then sometimes he makes Batman v Superman. He contains multitudes, maybe half of them acceptable.

Suicide Squad is such a baffling failure. You can kind of see how some parts must have fit together before it was rearranged into some kind of cinematic plastinated corpse collage. It's like they had two different people recut it with completely different goals and sensibilities, then made the final version by switching between each version. It's not a movie.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ungulateman posted:

remember the ending of bvs where there's a quote from christopher wren (who was a philanthropist, devout christian, and most relevantly an architect) on superman's tombstone, in stark contrast to the big statue of Superman-as-Atlas that used to be there? and how the villain is a randian billionaire manchild with a god complex?

the dude's kinda crazy and loves jesus and jesus metaphors but that should make it even more obvious that he isn't an objectivist

Not to defend(?) Snyder, but one can be a devout Christian fundamentalist and adore Atlas Shrugged without being an objectivist (see: Paul Ryan).

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/DickCoughlan/status/878047683130294272
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/878098363761209344

Anita Sarkeesian truly is the heroine of our times.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

After her years of silence in face of horrible treatment this is beautiful.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder how these people sound to those who don't know about Anita. Like imagine telling someone you hate, and sometimes even wish violence on someone because talk about video games in a way you don't like.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I knew this had to be on YouTube already.The person making the video is an obnoxious shitlord so I can't watch any of the video apart from the line in question. Shame too since it sounds interesting.
https://youtu.be/XwcRc5LuElA?t=2m31s

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm sure the conference films all their panels and will upload them.

Oh, I hope the superteam helps Anita Sarkeesian against some pepes with their powers of irony and they do a team-up with her there at the convention. There can be a part where Contra begrudgingly admits that earnest gravity has its place on youtube and she says irony's not so bad and they shake hands and part as friends. She wouldn't be on the superteam obviously, but they could team up in the summers along with, like, some podcasters and Adam Curtis.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I bet that must have felt cathartic.

Btw, it's kinda funny how these New Atheists or Rationals or whatever the hell they call themselves, eventually wound up being on the same side as the religious fundamentalists when it comes to women. They both seem to hate women, but hate them for different reasons.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Mr Interweb posted:

Wait, isn't she supposed to be a feminist? Or am I confusing her with someone else?
She started reaching out/wanting to debate antifeminists. Now she seems to be going further into that club, also she's dating ChrisRayGun

This is the favorable/not too kneejerky version of events. Imo she's just being a dick due to the obvious backlash and its making her dig in more and more.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zedd posted:

She started reaching out/wanting to debate antifeminists. Now she seems to be going further into that club, also she's dating ChrisRayGun

This is the favorable/not too kneejerky version of events. Imo she's just being a dick due to the obvious backlash and its making her dig in more and more.

She's dating ChrisRayGun? One of the shittiest gamergaters out there? Sounds like she decided to cash in on that demographic.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ungulateman posted:

I apologize. Him preferring the Fountainhead, though, doesn't make him not an objectivist. It just means I get to be even more concerned about how he deals with gender and power dynamics. And it certainly reinforces the Ozymandias framing issue.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

I don't exactly agree with Anita's videos or anything, but this was a good thing that she did.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

I knew this had to be on YouTube already.The person making the video is an obnoxious shitlord so I can't watch any of the video apart from the line in question. Shame too since it sounds interesting.
https://youtu.be/XwcRc5LuElA?t=2m31s

I read some of the comments on that video and there's one that says

quote:

"These dudes making endless amounts of videos about me"

Maybe it's because your points are endlessly bad.

And all I could think was that they make constant videos about her because they're empty vessels and their followers are massive cry babies when it comes to video games.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

bessantj posted:

quote:

"These dudes making endless amounts of videos about me"

Maybe it's because your points are endlessly bad.
And all I could think was that they make constant videos about her because they're empty vessels and their followers are massive cry babies when it comes to video games.

random chick on the internet has different opinions than you?

better upload a dozen hour long rants about chicks being wrong on the internet!!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

In my case who's the woman at the front? She seems familiar but I don't think I'm subscribed to her (yet)

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Lindsay Ellis! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?chezapoctube?videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cheers!

• Locked thread