Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how many years in a row are the pistons gonna have a bottom five three point shooting percentage in spite of running out 33% low ceiling white guys who play hard and hustle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Brolander posted:

goddamnit i went so long without hearing jalen

get thi sman some champagne and campaign stat

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Portland traded up for a center when they have Nurkic??? Well I guess Collins is used to being a bench guy

Everyone needs to stop snubbing Covington

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

In the last 3 years Portland has drafted 3 white guys.

Remember that before Portland Olshey worked for noted white supremacist Donald Sterling.

if das boot fits

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:confused:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HAND DOWN MAN DOWN

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Also unless Danny suddenly trades for Paul George this almost certainly is him waving the white flag over the Warriors and will probably dump Isaiah

i would be really happy to see them dump Isaiah. but if that was the plan they should have kept fultz

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:unsmith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trey got almost the same compensation as Butler.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Portland traded up for a center when they have Nurkic??? Well I guess Collins is used to being a bench guy

Everyone needs to stop snubbing Covington

I know right he's way better than saric

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the pistons could have made that trade for lyles and still gotten kennard at 24

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh Luke is the best shooter in the draft cool

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That's a good trade for the Jazz. I'm going to take comfort in good teams doing good things to make their team better

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Not sure who they're targeting but Trey lyles loving sucks so fine by me

That's a really good trade. Lyles could be better with a bigger role but bigs who can't defend are almost always going to be bench players. Maybe they'll try for Giles or go for another long armed man with Mitchell or Anuboby

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

how many years in a row are the pistons gonna have a bottom five three point shooting percentage in spite of running out 33% low ceiling white guys who play hard and hustle

They don't have their Jameer Nelson-type

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"Get white guy in photo "
- philadehia media

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Zyla posted:

i would be really happy to see them dump Isaiah. but if that was the plan they should have kept fultz

Yep I would have preferred Fultz too but from all accounts Danny wasn't impressed and wasn't going to take him anyways

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I don't like him but whatever, gently caress off Trey Lyles.

They could have taken Booker and they took Lyles instead I will never stop being mad about this

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wooooo. Heat are next. Then I can turn this off.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I feel like I'm crazy because I think it's fine Ainge did nothing other than take the pick. I would have preferred fultz but if they don't agree I'm willing to accept they know more about basketball than me. I just don't see a lot of gain in trading multiple top end lotto picks for George or Butler, especially George.

The playoffs were pretty sobering, planning to be Real Good in 3 years and not sooner seems correct to me. Plus, still have ammo if Zing or Davis or something shakes free in the next year.

So many Celtics fans are antsy for any kind of action, but I'm pretty ok with all this.

Butler deal was really bad but it sounds like the package they wanted out of Boston was a lot bigger than what they got so idk

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Seems like Monk to Charlotte is a good pick at that spot?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Bucks are going to draft yet another big, aren't they?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yep I would have preferred Fultz too but from all accounts Danny wasn't impressed and wasn't going to take him anyways

The only accounts where Danny didn't like fultz is after he traded him for Jason Tatum and magic beans

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

The only accounts where Danny didn't like fultz is after he traded him for Jason Tatum and magic beans

Why would there be accounts of him not liking him before that?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you're a non center and the only nice things they can say about you are "long" and "good defender" that's usually not a great sign

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

CharlestheHammer posted:

no

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Why would there be accounts of him not liking him before that?

Exactly

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I'm not sure you getting my point so let's drop it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CharlestheHammer posted:

what

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

rabidsquid posted:

https://twitter.com/JourdanJD/status/878054469379993600

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The NBA draft is wild

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I feel like I'm crazy because I think it's fine Ainge did nothing other than take the pick. I would have preferred fultz but if they don't agree I'm willing to accept they know more about basketball than me. I just don't see a lot of gain in trading multiple top end lotto picks for George or Butler, especially George.

The playoffs were pretty sobering, planning to be Real Good in 3 years and not sooner seems correct to me. Plus, still have ammo if Zing or Davis or something shakes free in the next year.

So many Celtics fans are antsy for any kind of action, but I'm pretty ok with all this.

Butler deal was really bad but it sounds like the package they wanted out of Boston was a lot bigger than what they got so idk
The problem with hoarding lottery picks and not using them when you win the lottery is that you're sort of missing the point of the game. Taytum's NBA ceiling is miles lower than Fultz's

The Celtics both want to be good now and be good in the future and the compromise is leading to some odd choices

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hahah whoaaaa doggy

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
So is Monk any good? I never bothered to look

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

And even Kyle Singler was 6'8

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

The problem with hoarding lottery picks and not using them when you win the lottery is that you're sort of missing the point of the game. Taytum's NBA ceiling is miles lower than Fultz's

The Celtics both want to be good now and be good in the future and the compromise is leading to some odd choices

Thank you for summing it up for me very beautifully

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Squinky v2.0 posted:

It's gonna be longer than three years for them to get real good. After three years, IT and Horford will be falling off a cliff and the young guys still won't be good enough to lead a team to anywhere better than late lottery.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i don't really understand portland trading up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

tweet is deleted, what was it the pistons hopes and dreams of not being garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

morestuff posted:

So is Monk any good? I never bothered to look

Probably never going to be a star but he shoots the lights out. Most likely a defensive liability. Think Ben Gordon/Lou Williams

• Locked thread