Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Chrischan is absolutely fascinating but yeah I kind of doubt the whole "normal and healthy" part if they're the sort of people who would voluntarily post on a site about detailing the life of an autistic person and are not also trained psychologists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The only moral creepiness is my creepiness

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I was totally fine with people documenting the frequency, size, and consistency of Chris-chan's poops but when they decided to start posting the volume of piss emitted by some diaper fur neomarxist that was just the last straw for me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spanish Manlove posted:

I was totally fine with people documenting the frequency, size, and consistency of Chris-chan's poops but when they decided to start posting the volume of piss emitted by some diaper fur neomarxist that was just the last straw for me.
mods, username

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think he's saying that touching the poop was the bridge too far.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

cwc is complicated because its a co-dependant disaster. nearly all of the most damning and embarrassing poo poo cwc ever did was done of his own volition, often unprompted, and then a bunch of extremely creepy weirdos descended on him and straight up stalked him

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's one thing to estimate quantities of excrement but actually measuring them definitely counts as "touching the poop".

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Peanut Butler posted:

idk that I ever got way into a community here aside from Trad Games like a decade ago, and most of those posters are either gone or namechanged or don't post outside of there very often. Got to know baloogan over IRC back then, though, and for some reason I'll never forget a mundane thing he said about why he's an insomniac.

Does anyone remember how for a while there was a running joke about how the forums were populated by one poster and a thousand Lowtax sock puppets? The heck did that come from and why did it have legs?

He also strikes me as a guy that's much harder to gently caress with, confident in his own self-worth to superhuman degrees, but not in a douchey way. Unlike CWC, he doesn't seem to care if people online like him or not, aside from the very natural impulse to want to have friends and stuff.

I broke my rule of "no internet weirdos" on Facebook by adding him a few years ago. I'm glad I did, its nice to see him doing well from time to time and also I know he has my name on a spreadsheet counting the times he's seen me say a swear

do you have your brother as a facebook friend?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kelp Me! posted:

TBH I'm kind of curious just what "dramatic instance" caused you to leave the site if "crazy diaperfur who threw tantrums and stalked people" was OK

wait how did we circle back to Shmorky again

He got banned after throwing one too many crazy fits.

Nobody actually measured his poop or anything. It was more about the psychology of it, since his situation was so well-documented. He has a complex suite of strange problems that's fascinating from the standpoint of figuring out how a human being could turn out so terminally wrong.

The big problem was that a lot of people started caring less about laughing at him being an idiot or talking about how his autism and strange livelihood caused him to interpret situations so bizarrely and more about stalking him in real life or fantasizing about him freezing to death in a car alone after his mom dies. After I left the site for good, they were paying him to make Crayola Model Magic medallions or buying Sonichu comics. It started becoming about actively shaping his paranoia.

And then Kiwifarms happened, which is everyone left collectively deciding that regular people who talk about social justice on Twitter are worthy of stalking.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Jun 22, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's one thing to estimate quantities of excrement but actually measuring them definitely counts as "touching the poop".

:thejoke:

but really, my dumb joke is based on the fact that people have cataloged his wardrobe, including citations on which videos they appeared in.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

Did they obtain these pictures by catfishing the sister, because that's pretty hosed up if true.

nah, sisterlillia gave a camwhore career a try for like a minute and had pictures up at various places that people found

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

I was trying to "yes, and" you as they say in improv, guess I came across too serious!! Also the idea of differentiating estimation vs measurement is funny to me. I have failed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I was trying to "yes, and" you as they say in improv, guess I came across too serious!! Also the idea of differentiating estimation vs measurement is funny to me. I have failed.

I think we both just had a canadian standoff while trying to be nice to each other.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I like how Kiwifarms is so eager to doxx people that they gently caress it up almost all the time. They tried to doxx ZDR and ended up doxxing the goatse guy instead lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

How do we really know that was a mistake?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I like how Kiwifarms is so eager to doxx people that they gently caress it up almost all the time. They tried to doxx ZDR and ended up doxxing the goatse guy instead lol

Didn't kiwifarms close when their owner got doxxed to oblivion? Something having to do with his family went too far.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Cnidario posted:

Didn't kiwifarms close when their owner got doxxed to oblivion? Something having to do with his family went too far.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cnidario posted:

What I read was that the dude was a pedophile and the doxxer sent evidence of this to his mother's professional email account, possibly also to her coworkers? I felt bad for the mom, not so much for the dude.

What always got me about the CWC-gawkers, back in my own CWC-gawking days, was how goddamn willfully ignorant these people were about his degree of disability. He received his high-functioning autism diagnosis in the early-mid '80's, when "high-functioning" basically meant "verbal," and then had his condition exacerbated by non-treatment, parental neglect, and social isolation. You didn't have to have a psychology degree to see that he had/has significant emotional and developmental disability above and beyond his diagnosis, but the entire community seemed to ignore it so that they could mock him with a clear conscience, I guess? The guys who were always yelling about CWC "stealing from them" via Social Security disability "fraud" were the apex of this -- c'mon, guys, are you seriously going to tell me that CWC could go out and get a living-wage job, or could ever do so without extensive intervention that he's unlikely to ever have? How can you be that loving obsessed with a man with obvious significant developmental disability and somehow conclude he's just a lazy rear end in a top hat, besides being an rear end in a top hat yourself?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Cnidario posted:

As forums are made, so they will be unmade.

The doxxing forum was destroyed by doxxers. Reddit will be destroyed by neo-nazis. And we will be destroyed by Lowtax.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Nostradingus posted:

As forums are made, so they will be unmade.

The doxxing forum was destroyed by doxxers. Reddit will be destroyed by neo-nazis. And we will be destroyed by Lowtax.

Maybe Cliff Yablonski will hate us all to death

What I don't get about the Chris Chan stalkers is just exactly *why* you'd want to know that much about someone. I'm as much of a gossipy bitch as anyone, but poo poo talking one person for years at a time has gotta get old after a while. I can't imagine it not feeling really dirty after like, a day.

Hell, I know less about my closest irl friends (none of whom are exactly the type of people to hold much back) than these people know about an internet stranger they hate. poo poo's weird.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 00:08 on Jun 23, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I thought Reddit was started by pedos like all free speech havens

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that forums posters Clochette and... I forget the other one... met on a CWC messageboard and got married

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just a reminder that forums posters Clochette and... I forget the other one... met on a CWC messageboard and got married

The Saurus. Who got banned for being insanely racist when he had an absolute meltdown one day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

What I read was that the dude was a pedophile and the doxxer sent evidence of this to his mother's professional email account, possibly also to her coworkers? I felt bad for the mom, not so much for the dude.

What always got me about the CWC-gawkers, back in my own CWC-gawking days, was how goddamn willfully ignorant these people were about his degree of disability. He received his high-functioning autism diagnosis in the early-mid '80's, when "high-functioning" basically meant "verbal," and then had his condition exacerbated by non-treatment, parental neglect, and social isolation. You didn't have to have a psychology degree to see that he had/has significant emotional and developmental disability above and beyond his diagnosis, but the entire community seemed to ignore it so that they could mock him with a clear conscience, I guess? The guys who were always yelling about CWC "stealing from them" via Social Security disability "fraud" were the apex of this -- c'mon, guys, are you seriously going to tell me that CWC could go out and get a living-wage job, or could ever do so without extensive intervention that he's unlikely to ever have? How can you be that loving obsessed with a man with obvious significant developmental disability and somehow conclude he's just a lazy rear end in a top hat, besides being an rear end in a top hat yourself?

I mean, I work with a 17-year-old autistic kid. He's probably going to be mentally about 10 years old for the rest of his life at this rate, but he has an absolutely incredible work ethic. He's only really capable of simple tasks like scanning and shredding, but he does them non-stop exactly as you tell him to. He gets enjoyment out of the repetitive tasks, so he'll work until he has a reason to stop. I think in terms of mental capability, Chris could have been capable of working a simple job. He was just raised in such a way that he never had to really put forth effort to get what he wanted or get praise, so when he could get disability he just stopped all efforts at working.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Cnidario posted:

He then later left his mom's house and became a hobo in order to reopen the site, and currently lives off donations he begs out of site-goers. He did this instead of just leaving the site dead.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I thought Reddit was started by pedos like all free speech havens

no it just ended up that way and then they didnt do anything about it until people pressured them

then voat opened up and lmao its literally nazis and pedos

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Are you saying he is living on the streets spending money not on life sustenance but rather the upkeep of an idiot farm forum because lol if true

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ghostlight posted:

How do we really know that was a mistake?

You're probably being facetious, but I'm going to shamelessly quote my screencaps from earlier in this thread because it was definitely a mistake, it's on-topic, and it was also hilarious.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I wish I had saved more of the zdr doxx reactions. they were really proud of themselves.

There was a lot more information in this post, I just didn't bother capping it all. After this it took a couple pages of grinning and backslaps before anybody even commented on goatse.

Somebody thought to question the name veracity after this and so they doubled down. zdr was definitely Kirk Johnson. One guy said he could "have eyes on his house by Thursday."

Eventually they figured it out.

Like most of the modmins I was following the saga in real-time and they were sure that zdr was named Kirk Johnson. Absolutely positive. It really is a shame that I hadn't saved more of the self-congratulations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Antivehicular posted:

Actually it's a british politician (I think) that uses the pedophile accusations as an attack and has apparently done it to multiple people, sending CP to all their friends and family to trash their reputation. The site was closed to get it to stop but the guy was still ransoming the owner so he brought it back.

It initially started because the guy didn't like one of the kiwifarms threads that were dedicated to stalking him. I read this on ED though so take it with a grain of salt.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You're probably being facetious, but I'm going to shamelessly quote my screencaps from earlier in this thread because it was definitely a mistake, it's on-topic, and it was also hilarious.

Like most of the modmins I was following the saga in real-time and they were sure that zdr was named Kirk Johnson. Absolutely positive. It really is a shame that I hadn't saved more of the self-congratulations.

You can just go get them, the site wasn't down for long.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Space Crabs posted:

You can just go get them, the site wasn't down for long.

Well I could, but I guess that means now somebody else could do it for me :sun:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I remember one of the KiwiFarms people registering an account here just to post "We're not even the real evil! It's this guy! Don't even speak his name! He will come for you!" like a bad TV series villain setting up for the next season.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
There was a thread posted in gbs a fair number of years back where a goon asked a physics question based on the video game Portal. Does anyone remember this? I wouldn't call it a great saga or anything but i do remember it being pretty funny for the ridiculous lengths people went to to get an incorrect answer to a very simple physics problem

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh god yes. It was a giant litmus test for whether someone understood the concept of frames of reference.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Zore posted:

The Saurus. Who got banned for being insanely racist when he had an absolute meltdown one day.

Anyone got a link to this?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

TTerrible posted:

I remember one of the KiwiFarms people registering an account here just to post "We're not even the real evil! It's this guy! Don't even speak his name! He will come for you!" like a bad TV series villain setting up for the next season.

That thread is the link I posted ^^^ up there.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Space Crabs posted:

Actually it's a british politician (I think) that uses the pedophile accusations as an attack and has apparently done it to multiple people, sending CP to all their friends and family to trash their reputation. The site was closed to get it to stop but the guy was still ransoming the owner so he brought it back.

It initially started because the guy didn't like one of the kiwifarms threads that were dedicated to stalking him. I read this on ED though so take it with a grain of salt.

I dunno, the few times I looked at Kiwi Farms I recall seeing some authentic reference to/defense of the guy being a "lolicon" (ugh), so I have some skepticism about the ADMIN OF SCUZZ SITE IS INNOCENT AND ERNST STAVRO loving BLOFELD IS SLANDERING HIM FOR HIS TRUTH BOMBS explanation.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gum posted:

There was a thread posted in gbs a fair number of years back where a goon asked a physics question based on the video game Portal.
Was it Plane on a Treadmill Runway? That was fun.

Of course this week we found out that Plane on a Literal Field of Hellfire Air won't fly so Climate Change is going to make travel a truckload more fun in the future.

Baby Boomers must really love Mad Max considering they're doing their best to make it happen.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FilthyImp posted:

Was it Plane on a Treadmill Runway? That was fun.

Okay

The setup was only possible if you ignore the fact that portals in Portal disappear if the surface they're on moves.

The idea was that you have a crusher with a portal on it come down (with speed) upon a cube. The other portal is on an angled surface. Does the cube go flying out the other portal, and if so where does its momentum come from?

People drew diagrams and poo poo, it was great.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

do you have your brother as a facebook friend?

yes of course I do, I love my brother, weird thing to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One of the J4Gs in the star trek online thread just outed another one as a Nazi furry :allears: