Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Who would even be on the projected starting 5 for the Bulls?

Dunn, Wade, Zipser, Mirotic, Lopez?

Is that the worst team in the East?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Last season they were dead last in 3pt attempt rate, and 20th in percentage from there. Despite this they had the 10th best offense?

Lavine is a better 3pt shooter than Butler, but I think if they sign a good stretch 4 and an off the bench shooter they should be alright. Butler will help a lot on defense, and they were nearly the worst defensive team in the league last season

KAT and Wiggins are both really good offensively. Butler helps tremendously on the defensive side, and also gives them another shot creator for their 4th quarter woes. A stretch 4 would be really nice though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BullsBlogger/status/878062404780904449

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leaf and Turner will stay out on the 3 point line and the guards will play in the post.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what the fuckkkkkkkkkkk

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

EMC posted:

don't forget about cam payne

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

He makes another good point. Lavine is a RFA in a year. If he comes back from the ACL, they'll have to pay out the nose for him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Niwrad posted:

He makes another good point. Lavine is a RFA in a year. If he comes back from the ACL, they'll have to pay out the nose for him.

I love my organization.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

EMC posted:

Mirotic is likely gone.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
https://twitter.com/Ethan_Booker/status/878038335058358272

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Niwrad posted:

Mirotic is likely gone.

Bulls are committed to making it work

JK they're going to re-sign him and flip him at the deadline for

um

T...J....Warren?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tae posted:

The Bulls gave up about 4 1st rounders, Jimmy Butler, a 3+D wing, and a few 2nd rounders for 5 point guards that would barely be bench players

can you list all this out because Jesus Christ

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

mastershakeman posted:

Bulls get: Zach Lavine, 7th pick (Lauri), Kris Dunn
Wolves get: Jimmy, 16th (Justin Patton)

On top of the poo poo before this year

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They traded 5 picks (2 first, 3 seconds) for Doug McDermott.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Last season they were dead last in 3pt attempt rate, and 20th in percentage from there. Despite this they had the 10th best offense?

The Rubio Effect

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fortunately the bulls have fred hoiberg to coach 'em up

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

fortunately the bulls have fred hoiberg to coach 'em up

:sigh:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jimmy Butler was a legit MVP for more months over the past 2 years than Zach Lavine was a legit NBA starter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IS THERE ANY EVIDENCE ANYWHERE THAT KRIS DUNN IS AN NBA PLAYER

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Wade is totally getting bought out this season and is gonna be a Cav and it will own

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So basically if Lavine comes back and is good the Bulls are going to have to pay him like $70 million next offseason.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nope

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In the 2016-17 season alone:

Bulls trade: Tony Snell (40% 3 point shooter) for Micheal Carter Williams
Bulls trade: Taj Gibson, McDermott, 2nd rounder for Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow, Joffrey Lauvergne
Bulls trade Jimmy Butler, 16th overall pick for 7th overall, Zach Lavine, Kris Dunn

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Good news, you will get over 80 chances to find out!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tae posted:

In the 2016-17 season alone:

Bulls trade: Tony Snell (40% 3 point shooter) for Micheal Carter Williams
Bulls trade: Taj Gibson, McDermott, 2nd rounder for Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow, Joffrey Lauvergne
Bulls trade Jimmy Butler, 16th overall pick for 7th overall, Zach Lavine, Kris Dunn

biggest upset of the night is that tae nailed joffrey lauvergne but still gave us micheal

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Tony Snell for MCW(1), Butler for Dunn(2) and Levine(3 kinda), and then they traded Taj Gibson (holy poo poo) for Cameron Payne (4), Joffrey Lauvergenene, and the ghost of Anthony Morrow

Can't figure out who the fifth point guard is but literally every trade they've made since they fired Thibs has been garbage and they haven't hit on a draft pick since...

wait for it

Jimmy Butler!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Shear Modulus posted:

but yeah its a bad 3 shooting team. i think the prediction that ricky will probably be shipped out for someone who can shoot is a good one

They were bad with Zach too. The team isn't ready to compete yet, but they are now a playoff caliber squad. Jimmy fits the timeline of Towns and Wigs hitting their primes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't handle the Kings having a competently run draft

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Tony Snell for MCW(1), Butler for Dunn(2) and Levine(3 kinda), and then they traded Taj Gibson (holy poo poo) for Cameron Payne (4), Joffrey Lauvergenene, and the ghost of Anthony Morrow

Can't figure out who the fifth point guard is but literally every trade they've made since they fired Thibs has been garbage and they haven't hit on a draft pick since...

wait for it

Jimmy Butler!

they got superstar paul zipser

e: they haven't hit on a draft pick with a normal number of foot bones is the asterisk i'd put on this post

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man I just realized the game of zones episode that this spawns is going to be fly as hell

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Minnesota might not be able to shoot but they should be beasts on defense.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

They were bad with Zach too. The team isn't ready to compete yet, but they are now a playoff caliber squad. Jimmy fits the timeline of Towns and Wigs hitting their primes.

Rubio is still only 26 don't forget. He's younger than Butler.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kris Dunn is 23 years old going into his 2nd year

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What are the odds that anyone in the Bulls front office saw Kris Dunn play an NBA game last year?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Tae posted:

Kris Dunn is 23 years old going into his 2nd year

You are 23 going on 24 baby it's time to drink

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Butler trade official, sorry Bulls fans

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

tanglewood1420 posted:

Rubio is still only 26 don't forget. He's younger than Butler.

My guy, I could never forget Ricky. He's amazingly good.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If the Timberwolves waive Jordan Hill's $4.1m non-guaranteed deal (newly drafted Patton should be their third string center) that gives them $23m in cap space. They could be big players in free agency.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
where's my exciting spurs action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

where's my exciting spurs action?

duncan is probably in the middle of a riveting settlers of catan game right now