Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

drat The Man, Save The Music! looks like it might be cool, if the idea of "Empire Records: The RPG" floats your boat.

I playtested this (I know the designer). I'm biased, obviously, but I thought it was a total hoot, and that's from someone who didn't (and still don't) have a lot of built-in love of the 90's music "Empire Records/High Fidelity" setting. "Failing 90's record store" ends up being a remarkably rich setting for a one-shot and I could see it playing out a bunch of ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Last 48 hours for the Kitchen Rush kickstarter! It just recently hit 100k and they've been hitting stretch goals pretty consistently. I've tried it at the UKGE and I was very impressed.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Really thinking hard about backing that - AU postage has a bit of sting but it looks fun

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I was going to pass but my wife watched Rhados play though and said "I love that!!" So I am obligated to backing it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

dwarf74 posted:

The core book seems a bit ... buggy and incomplete.

For example, do Shamans ever get more wetware 'spells' than the, like, four that are specific to their patron, and only then if they roll 24+ on Patron Bond? How do they learn new ones? Why is there support for Level 5 wetware, but none of it seems to exist?

Yeah it really seems to me like a supplement for DCC, not a complete game as advertised. The purestrain humans are lacking a lot of rules and the wetware rules are very thin.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Man Dancer posted:

I playtested this (I know the designer). I'm biased, obviously, but I thought it was a total hoot, and that's from someone who didn't (and still don't) have a lot of built-in love of the 90's music "Empire Records/High Fidelity" setting. "Failing 90's record store" ends up being a remarkably rich setting for a one-shot and I could see it playing out a bunch of ways.

I've played it too and totally agree. I saw High Fidelity like a decade ago and never saw Empire Records, but I had a blast with drat the Man. (Further disclosure: I'll be editing it.)

But wait... *narrows eyes* Is there someone else on here from western Mass?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Pelgrane just launched their latest Kickstarter, the Yellow King Roleplaying Game that Robin D. Laws has been working on for a while now:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1721105501/the-yellow-king-roleplaying-game-from-robin-d-laws?ref=nav_search

It's a bit pricey on the PDF side but on the other hand it looks like it's going to be a fantastic production and the physical edition is going to be a lovely four book set with a slipcase/GM screen. And it looks like a really mindbending, crazy game, too, with players operating across four different times and realities (each with associated book).

I don't usually go in for physical copies of RPGs anymore given how little room I have and how rarely I get to play them, but I couldn't resist on this one.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

malkav11 posted:

Pelgrane just launched their latest Kickstarter, the Yellow King Roleplaying Game that Robin D. Laws has been working on for a while now:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1721105501/the-yellow-king-roleplaying-game-from-robin-d-laws?ref=nav_search

It's a bit pricey on the PDF side but on the other hand it looks like it's going to be a fantastic production and the physical edition is going to be a lovely four book set with a slipcase/GM screen. And it looks like a really mindbending, crazy game, too, with players operating across four different times and realities (each with associated book).

I don't usually go in for physical copies of RPGs anymore given how little room I have and how rarely I get to play them, but I couldn't resist on this one.

I like the look of the game but the covers for the last two books are mystifyingly bad - especially this one:

Kinda undermines the whole 'beautiful box set' thing they've got going on.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

malkav11 posted:

This video title screen totally reads "The Yellow O-Ring", just saying.

Flavivirus posted:

I like the look of the game but the covers for the last two books are mystifyingly bad - especially this one:

Can't see the covers when the books are inside the slipcase, maybe that's the point.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Flavivirus posted:

I assumed with that one that they were kind of trying to mirror modern meme graphic design, a.k.a. "kind of lovely-looking," but you're not wrong.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
This looks good but oddly expensive. I'm not sure if I'll ever have time to do the big interlocking campaign either. Also why is it the Yellow King instead of The King In Yellow? There is no Yellow King.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Foglet posted:

This video title screen totally reads "The Yellow O-Ring", just saying.

Ring is on the left, I can't complain.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Agent's Handbook has been completed. The Case Handler's Book (I believe now just to be called Delta Green) is still being worked on.

They're really trying to make a push for getting Case Officer's book out by Gen Con, but given the lack of updates on this front (note: I have no experience dealing with printing and shipping, but if I were trying to get something to America by Gen Con I would have it at the printer's right now and backers haven't been informed that this is something that happened) I'd say it's not likely to be finished by the Con.

Still gonna stop by the booth and buy something from Dennis, then turn to Pagan and buy something from Scott Glancy.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

neaden posted:

This looks good but oddly expensive. I'm not sure if I'll ever have time to do the big interlocking campaign either. Also why is it the Yellow King instead of The King In Yellow? There is no Yellow King.

Someone asked this in the KS comments but it's something about distinguishing it from other products based on the same material.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

neaden posted:

Probably to differentiate it from the Arc Dream "The King in Yellow" campaign that's hitting any day now.

E: FB

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I haven't had a chance to read it yet but the backer draft of the rules for Greg Stolze's Termination Shock is out now, as well as the short story, so that means he just has the physical rewards and doing the rest of the podcast left.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

LuiCypher posted:

They're really trying to make a push for getting Case Officer's book out by Gen Con, but given the lack of updates on this front (note: I have no experience dealing with printing and shipping, but if I were trying to get something to America by Gen Con I would have it at the printer's right now and backers haven't been informed that this is something that happened) I'd say it's not likely to be finished by the Con.

They actually just sent out an update with the completed (but not copyedited) manuscript.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yeah with no art that thing is 500 pages. Hopefully we have the book by Christmas.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ropes4u posted:

I was going to pass but my wife watched Rhados play though and said "I love that!!" So I am obligated to backing it.
Ack, man, ya got me to give this a closer look and it definitely got its hooks in me. You're actually building little plates of food, how tactile is that, haha.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
The Manuscript for Delta Green: The Roleplaying Game, formerly called The Case Officer's handbook has gone out to backers. It weighs in at 555 pages, which they're expecting will be 700 pages in layout and way more expensive than the original KS or pre-order price.

It's dense, the background/setting stuff is 220 pages of information. Definitely worth the wait (well, not done yet as it's still in layout but it's all great stuff).

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Just in case you thought it was over...

We physical-copy backers of Alas Vegas got our final survey April 1, and have heard or seen nothing since then...

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Thranguy posted:

Just in case you thought it was over...

We physical-copy backers of Alas Vegas got our final survey April 1, and have heard or seen nothing since then...

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Strange, as assuming you have the layout software it's the work of a few hours to turn a display PDF into a print-ready PDF.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Flavivirus posted:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Strange, as assuming you have the layout software it's the work of a few hours to turn a display PDF into a print-ready PDF.

Well, I mean, assuming the proofs come out right.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Well, I mean, assuming the proofs come out right.

Of course, but the printer's in Milton Keynes: it takes up to a week to get a proof, and I've never had to do more than three rounds of corrections. And in any case an update along the lines of 'I got a print proof but it looked bad, see photos' would be absolutely fine.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Flavivirus posted:

And in any case an update along the lines of 'I got a print proof but it looked bad, see photos' would be absolutely fine.

Yeah, a little transparency with snags in the process can go a long way. I know people are reluctant to reveal just how the sausage gets made, and obviously you shouldn't be ragging on other members of your production team unless the project is officially at the Total Clusterfuck/Someone Stole the Money level and there's nothing left to be done, but concrete details about what's going on is so much better than endless contentless WE'RE WORKING ON IT, EVERYTHING IS FINE updates or suspiciously non-advancing project steps. (How long was Exalted 3E allegedly in layout with no evidence or details, again?)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Quick question someone might know the answer to: if my card is declined when a kickstarter ends due to insufficient funds, how long do I generally have to correct that before I miss out?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Quick question someone might know the answer to: if my card is declined when a kickstarter ends due to insufficient funds, how long do I generally have to correct that before I miss out?

You should get an email from Kickstarter about it if your card doesn't run, and I believe you have a week to get it resolved. (I had a card blip with the Termination Shock KS, sorted it out after a few days, and it re-ran the pledge without a problem, so you should have a bit of time.)

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's about a week, or at least that's what Kickstarter tells project creators.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The email will give you a hard date/time to correct it or your backing is canceled. You do it from you account in kickstarter. Just go the the website.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Annie from Bad Squiddo Games linked this kickstarter created by her Ghost of Gaia painter; it's for 28mm demons based on medieval manuscript artwork. I pledged to get some groin-faced demons with fike-pokers, but I`m tempted by the stretch goal of demons with old-timey guns, back when they spelled them gonnes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wow those are some severely non-threatening demons. Like, those are some demons I would assume I could sit and have a nice chat with over coffee and biscotti.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Leperflesh posted:

Wow those are some severely non-threatening demons. Like, those are some demons I would assume I could sit and have a nice chat with over coffee and biscotti.

I guess if the devil looks non-threatening you are more likely to sell your soul to him? I mean look at him, he can't be that bad right? I can totally trust this guy with my soul.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

BRB, designing medieval demon onesies

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I`m glad this thread is giving me lots of ideas for when I first use these guys in a D&D game.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

inklesspen posted:

They actually just sent out an update with the completed (but not copyedited) manuscript.

Well it's definitely not getting finished by Gen Con, but I'd also say it's definitely getting finished. Looks like it's time to spend some dosh at Arc Dream's booth this year to help it along!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Misspent Youth is kickstarting a new edition/print run. MY is a short-campaign game about kids fighting back against The Man in the YA dystopia of your choice. I reviewed it for F&F a while ago, and Robert Bohl himself loved the review (he was so happy that I "got it" :3:) so check that out.

Oh, and one of the setting for the new edition of MY is "rollergirls v The Man" so, you know. That may interest people.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Misspent Youth is kickstarting a new edition/print run. MY is a short-campaign game about kids fighting back against The Man in the YA dystopia of your choice. I reviewed it for F&F a while ago, and Robert Bohl himself loved the review (he was so happy that I "got it" :3:) so check that out.

Oh, and one of the setting for the new edition of MY is "rollergirls v The Man" so, you know. That may interest people.

I found your review very useful in my decision to back the game, thanks for linking it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What's new in this edition?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Medicinal demons.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

What's new in this edition?
According to Robert, it's mainly just rules tweaks. The KS is more for printing a new run of the books since he sold out after it was announced that MY was going to be on TableTop this season. But so it's more than just a new print run, he's making a supplement with new stuff.

quote:

Misspent Youth has been around for 9 years and has quite a few fans. To give all you old crusties an excuse to re-buy this game and deepen my coffers of fat loot, I've made a handful of small fixes and I've added five new settings to this updated "issue 1.2" version of the game. These are Authorities, YOs, and the worlds they live in. You can use them as-is, change them around a little, or just take them as examples of how to build your own worlds.

quote:

The book has a multiverse's worth of new settings. Each includes The Authority, the Dystopia, and the YOs. These writers showcase the kinds of things you can make with those systems: We got space, we got fantasy, we got historical drama, we got uplifted animals, we got the real loving world, and of course, it wouldn’t be an RPG supplement without your standard black and white world where you are the only ones who can bring color to it.

And if that weren’t enough, we’ve got two hacks of the game. These are complete minigames based on Misspent Youth, but with their own unique twists. You can play out the story of a band making music for Love, or a bunch of bitter Old Fucks who have to drag their carcasses out of retirement to fix a world gone (back) to hell.

homullus posted:

I found your review very useful in my decision to back the game, thanks for linking it.
Yay! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With another CMON KS about to end its time to play a game of 'just how many pop culture jokes did they cram into the exclusive stretch goals'. So far we have
Eowyn
George Michael
Lemmy
Bavmorda
Ragnar
Lagertha
Prince
Thulsa Doom
Valeria
Mohammed Ali
Wolverine
Freddie Mercury