Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Warmal posted:

I interrupt this voting to show off the cool art my friend did of us, depicting the argument from the Eternal Star board.

Love it. Those are some extremely appropriate expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The channel art is cute, while that picture is reminiscent of Earthworm Jim-style art. Especially the eyes.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The descent from ~*Teehee we're not going to get angry*~ to "gently caress you Mario, gently caress you and the loving horse you rode up on you loving hoe!" has been amazing.

PS: It's exactly what we wanted. Betting on a hiatus from playing Mario Party by #5 because a controller went through a screen

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We've had this TV for about 5ish years now. I really hope a controller doesn't go through it.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Don't kid yourselves. That's supposed to happen at #8!
is your wrist strap on tight?

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

In my history of gaming, I've only ever thrown my controller one time. So I'm pretty confident it won't happen in this LP.
That said. No need to pass the salt, we have plenty of our own.

Pirate Land Part 2

And the OP should now be updated with the new standings and Power Star Guesses.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Warmal posted:

In my history of gaming, I've only ever thrown my controller one time. So I'm pretty confident it won't happen in this LP.
That said. No need to pass the salt, we have plenty of our own.

Pirate Land Part 2

And the OP should now be updated with the new standings and Power Star Guesses.

The real winner in Pirate Land is always the bridge. Nobody beats the bridge :unsmigghh:.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Honestly, the bridge thing was uncanny.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I really think Michael should have taken the Thwomp path the first time in that video instead of being so hellbent on the Item Shop that he hit the Happening Space just for a shot at it. He could have gotten the Star if he did that.

On the other hand, Mario could have gotten that same star at the end if he took the first Thwomp instead of the second.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Listen. It's easy to say what should have been done. It's easy to yell at your self in post while editing. It's easy to cry yourself to sleep as you watch your winning streak fall from your grasp.

Where was I going with this?

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I think in thos game, the board is usually the winner.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Look at it this way: at least you're not playing Dokapon Kingdom.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Counterpoint: when this is all done so Dokapon Kingdom.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Warmal posted:

Oh, I'm not worried about you doing that.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Senerio posted:

Counterpoint: when this is all done so Dokapon Kingdom.

I do not have Dokapon Kingdom so that can't happen.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Warmal posted:

I do not have Dokapon Kingdom so that can't happen.

....so you are saying if you did have Dokapon Kingdom...it would happen?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samovar posted:

Honestly, the bridge thing was uncanny.

Anyone who has played Mario Party 2 growing up can call that one. The Happening Spaces are placed so you'll hit them more often than not :gibs:.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oldskool posted:

....so you are saying if you did have Dokapon Kingdom...it would happen?

This is very important.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Don't do it! Dokapon isn't even the fun kind of bad, as the current LP will show.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Dokapon requires a third person at the least, because 1v1 isn't too interesting and the CPU is a blatant cheating bitch.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

The computer in Mario Party 2 is a blatant cheating bitch. Calli says to calm down though. Mario Party is going to be going for a very long time at this rate. Keep in mind that We started recording Mario Part 1 in January, and we're just in Mario Party 2. And we've watched some of Danaru and Grace play Dokapon. I don't know what's happening in it at all.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

With the chomp game I am pretty sure you actually need to hit another button and hold it to hide, if you just do nothing you kinda sit there.

Also maybe play with explanations on for a bit so you argue less over what to do during a game?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 25, 2017

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

With the chomp game I am pretty sure you actually need to hit another button and hold it to hide, if you just do nothing you kinda sit there.

Also maybe play with explanations on for a bit so you argue less over what to do during a game?

Someone asking us to argue less? I'm shocked. But no. In the Chomp game, the faster you're moving the longer it takes to hide. If you miss your opportunity to hide you just sit there. Of course the computer somehow has the absolute perfect timing of a god. So we can't even match their pace and hide when they do because we won't be able to react in time. The moment you let go of the stick you start to hide by default.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Please avoid Dokapon Kingdom at all costs. If you've ever despaired at Mario Party (and I caught some there), Dokapon Kingdom might cause you to hate the very idea of video games.

I'm amazed Yoshi couldn't manage a single star. I suppose they expect you to buy some of those power items?

And I think the CPU might be sandbagging when they can't really improve their position in order to not contribute as much to the goal, since stars are a 30-coin jump.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We are discussing bringing the difficulty down a little bit. We'll have to see since it is kind of crazy how much we were dominated this time. Especially after my winning streak in the first game.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I dunno. I think your struggles are mostly chalked up to bad luck on the board and unfamiliarity with mini game mechanics. I'd say give it one more board before you're sure.

Also what would you do, have two normal computers or a normal and an easy computer player?

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Gonna be a short delay to the video. Vegas is giving me a lot of audio trouble so it'll have to come out on Thursday rather than Wednesday. Alternatively. If anyone knows why Vegas Pro 14 won't import audio with the video sometime and how to fix it. Let me know.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Okay. Let's get back on track. We're gonna tackle Western Land this time. Hopefully we can watch out for the very dangerous train. Considering how much the bridge messed with us last time, I'm not very hopeful.

Western Land Part 1

And make sure to get in those guesses! It was a huge upset last game, can Calli and I pull victory away from the hard computer?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm betting on at least one Hootenanny to screw everyone over.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Peach's got it!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
There's a real strategy to beating hard computers on MP2.

They suck at mini games off dueling gloves, so every single time you get to an item shop you buy a glove, duel them, all in and steal literally every coin they have. As long as you keep doing that you'll end up crippling them for the game.

Anyway Wario to win.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'm guessing Wario this time, because Hard computers are indeed bullshit.

SiIvaGunner's take on the Western Land theme is, uh... a bit of a blast from the past. The joke is Chai Kingdom from Super Mario Land.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I'm guessing Wario

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Wario... is gunna win!

Sorry, the minigames really are bullshit with AI around, and the Minigame Coaster is gleaming proof of that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and put me in the camp of those who don't like this map the most. The spaces are too dense and it's difficult to get anywhere if you can't catch the train.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 29, 2017

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Sadly despite what the tales of the Wild West would have us believe, most of the time it really is greedy land tycoons like Wario who win in the end.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

Based off the first half of the first board, this is going to be a bad idea but I'm going for it.

I'm just going to vote for Michael to win every single board of Mario Party 2. Every. Single. One.

Gotta keep voting Michael.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'd vote for Michael but he seems to have no idea how probability actually works and in a game of random chance that's genuinely dangerous.

So instead I'll vote for Wario because Hard AI is bullshit in this game.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Wario will win again.

Also loving pick Boo in the race mini-game!

Also I told you OG Mario Party was better.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

As a former New Mexicaner, I feel I must base my decision on who is the most authentic.

DK: they wear bolos, not ties. Out.
Yoshi: the west my be wild, but they still require pants.
Peach/Wario: both are quite good outfits, I could see either of them being worn to a square dance. If I'm judging by modern NMican styles, though, I need to give points for incorporating the turquoise scarf. Those folks love them some turquoise.

Final verdict: Peach has got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wario and I'm going to keep picking the Hard computer until you switch it up (which seems like the best course of action).

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 29, 2017

• Locked thread