Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I played my first co-op game with a group of friends last night.

It went well, no technical issues, which was nice since a few of them hadn't done PC gaming for years. The game had its moments like:

- An enemy rando entering a building with a friend and I in it. I tell my friend that there's a rando in the building, and I blow the rando away. Then my friend empties his shotgun into my face, thinking I was the rando even though I was crouched right next to him.

- Everyone bar me in the crew gets killed by one dude. I take out that dude then 3 others while camping in a tiny windowless room. Friends are impressed, think I am the Terminator or Punisher.

- To have all that gratis that blow up in my face the next game when I fall out of a car

It was great fun playing co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

VulgarandStupid posted:

Pans didn't block shots at first, so they were right, then it changed.

they've blocked shots for a long time now and I'm not talking about weeks old comments, so no

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
IDK what clicked, but for the last couple days pretty much any solo game where I don't die before finding a gun goes until the top 15 and usually ends with 2-6 kills consistently. Had a bunch of top 5 finishes, too. UMP and a sniper rifle is basically the god combo of gear.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
It seems like going back to the starting area right out of the plane can be pretty good. I need to figure out where to grab some med supplies before then though since both times I've tried it with my friends we were struggling on healing through the circle closure with 3 of us. Does anyone else ever go there?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

It seems like going back to the starting area right out of the plane can be pretty good. I need to figure out where to grab some med supplies before then though since both times I've tried it with my friends we were struggling on healing through the circle closure with 3 of us. Does anyone else ever go there?

Did it once then proceeded to win the game so confirmed good strategy.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Pans? You'll need to apply a block berry to stop those shots.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is PLAYER UNKNOWN a real person that any normal person is supposed to have heard of? This game has a loving terrible name, why isn't it just called Battlegrounds and also why is it in all caps? it being shortened to PUBG is stupid as hell too.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Stan Taylor posted:

Is PLAYER UNKNOWN a real person that any normal person is supposed to have heard of? This game has a loving terrible name, why isn't it just called Battlegrounds and also why is it in all caps? it being shortened to PUBG is stupid as hell too.

Jerk off into an old sock about it, Whitey.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

first game, first place

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
PlayerUnknown is the guy who made the ARMA mod this game is based on. It's a dumb name but it made sense at the time since he was trying to tap into the ARMA mod playerbase, who would actually recognise his name, for crowdfunding.

I would be shocked if the name "Battlegrounds" isn't already taken by like 17 different games going all the way back to the Atari. Plus it's an incredibly generic name, if you see that on the Steam store page your eyes just slide off it automatically. It's shortened to PUBG because it's easy to say Pub Gee out loud I guess. I didn't make the game, don't look at me.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Weird I usually hit 60-70 fps. But now 15-18, any possible solution?

Edit: Resolved the issue passing from fullscreen (windowed) to fullscreen and back

Admiral Bosch posted:

first game, first place

Never play solo again, mantain that perfect 100% win

benzine fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 23, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Stan Taylor posted:

Yes, I met the guy. He is definitely a guy... I don't know what else. He's white, pretty plain looking and likes scarves. But now you know.

The alternative was Brandon Greene's Battle Grounds, or BGBG.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 23, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Stan Taylor posted:

Okay.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://youtu.be/i_HJLXL1wvw

Grenades are the most underutilized tool in this game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
THE GROUNDS OF BATTLE: A PRESENTATION OF THE UNKNOWN PLAYER

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

THE GROUNDS OF BATTLE: A PRESENTATION OF THE UNKNOWN PLAYER

UNKNOWN BATTLEGROUND OF PLAYERS BY PLAYER UNKNOWN

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Man, feels like you should get a slightly better payout when your squad dies in the first 3 minutes and then you solo your way to 11 kills and the second-to-last-guy standing. Kills are harder to get in squad mode! I even knocked a few other dudes out and ran a guy over with a car who didn't die.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Had a good moment in a game just after landing where I ran into a house and heard some one coming in behind me so I rush to the roof, jumped off onto a lower balcony, grabbed a shotty and some ammo and double backed behind them for the kill. :getin:

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
He didn't have to call it Battlegrounds though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Played in a solo game with MrGrimmms today, that was ridiculous. I got shot in the back by someone else, so I didn't have a chance to get shot by him, but he was in the killfeed every minute or so.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

PLAYER UNKNOWN'S CIVILIZATION

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
He said in an interview they called it PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds because you can trademark that and can't trademark things like 'Battlegrounds' or 'Battle Royale'

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...
I found another bug.

If you have, say a vector and ump equipped, and you only have one extended mag between them, you can reload one to full extended capacity, move the mag to the other weapon and then reload that one for additional extended capacity. You're welcome!

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yes, I met the guy. He is definitely a guy... I don't know what else. He's white, pretty plain looking and likes scarves. But now you know.

He's as Irish as gently caress

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Static! posted:

I found another bug.

If you have, say a vector and ump equipped, and you only have one extended mag between them, you can reload one to full extended capacity, move the mag to the other weapon and then reload that one for additional extended capacity. You're welcome!

yeah uh a gun will go back to its unextended capacity if you do much as click on the mag attachment, much less moving it to another gun

if you actually found a way to do this please post a video, I'd love to see it

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Zo posted:

yeah uh a gun will go back to its unextended capacity if you do much as click on the mag attachment, much less moving it to another gun

if you actually found a way to do this please post a video, I'd love to see it

I'm almost certain you're right. It definitely doesn't work like that with rifles and, frankly, why would you ever equip two SMGs for long enough for this thing to make a difference, anyway?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Can someone add the information about PLAYERUNKNOWN to the OP. Every ten pages somebody busts in here and demands answers as to why this game has such a stupid name. It'd be nice if we could shame them and point them toward the OP.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
well it is a stupid name. like that america mcgees alice in wonderland game, just an awful name

"pubg" is a great name though, fun to see, fun to say, and really unique

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hey now, you might be onto something.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Maybe they could go full Dota 2 with it. Nah man, it's not an acronym, it's a word.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Played in a solo game with MrGrimmms today, that was ridiculous. I got shot in the back by someone else, so I didn't have a chance to get shot by him, but he was in the killfeed every minute or so.

It's absolutely crazy how good Grimmmmmmmmzzzz is.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

amotea posted:

It's absolutely crazy how good Grimmmmmmmmzzzz is.

Best thing about him is that he plays the right way. Land in action, fight always. If you die, go again.

The only rating that matters is kill rating, every other rating is for campers who play wrong!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

so this is kinda cool

canadian soldier drops an isis militant from over two miles away, breaking the previous longest distance for a confirmed sniper kill

someone went and visualized this with pubg's map for shits and giggles:

time to step your game up lads

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I could actually see someone making a shot from Stabler to the power plant.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

CascadeBeta posted:

I could actually see someone making a shot from Stabler to the power plant.

Or Mt. Georgopol to Yasnaya.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
What's the max zeroing distance for AWM with a 15x? Can you even see the guy at that range, even as a pixel?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Grimwall posted:

What's the max zeroing distance for AWM with a 15x? Can you even see the guy at that range, even as a pixel?

Max zero is a kilometer if I remember right. Without aim assist (eg aimbotting) it would probably be an impossible shot (I don't think bullets travel that far or the draw distance won't render people at that distance.)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Draw distance kills that. I want to say it's 2.5km, but that might be the typical new game misinformation, so whatever it is it isn't that far.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
What kind of methods would this guy have used to make the shot? 128x scope? space camera? purely based on information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Canadian war wizard.

• Locked thread