Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I hope they kick your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Did I miss something where suddenly it's snitches get stitches and "Saudi" is shorthand for "goatfucking raghead"?

Unless I'm really off the rez here it seems like two dudes are being blatant douchebags. However you feel with whatever black-and-white or grey scale of academic dishonesty, you act like a loving dick and even if I'm in a whatever kind of mindset I'm a lot less likely to turn a blind eye to poo poo.

But hey, maybe it's actually a tacit expression of prejudice and racism by someone who just assumes two Middle Eastern-looking dudes are Saudi.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Every anecdote I've heard about Saudis in US schools is that they're lazy over privileged cheaters.

But that's the teachers problem. The teacher who already knows all their cheating ways with or without the hallway monitor saving the day. Can someone counter this with a better example?

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Zeris posted:

Every anecdote I've heard about Saudis in US schools is that they're lazy over privileged cheaters.

When I was an instructor in the Army we'd get foreign military in our school house. My section was US and Australian only, but one of the other sections would get Saudi officers. The other instructors would complain about how lazy and entitled they were, but the entire school house was under orders to pass all foreign military no matter how many times they failed. The rumor was that at some point an officer from an Arab country failed out of the program and was imprisoned for disgracing his country or something.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If the teacher doesn't care about them being disrespectful then why should you lol

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Registered for a GRE prep course. I'm going to look for actual test locations and times that fall around the end of the course. There's at least one person at my current worksite that attended one of the schools I'm aiming for, so I'm gonna ask her for input on writing a statement of purpose.

The thought of going to grad school would've been unthinkable just a few years ago. drat.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

These people are actually from Saudi Arabia. No I'm not being racist, and if you wanna be that goddamn blatant, holding a phone up eye level so the whole goddamn class can see it, you're a goddamn idiot.

I don't give a gently caress if you cheat. I give a gently caress if you don't show respect

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

If the teacher doesn't care about them being disrespectful then why should you lol

Because some people are too nice. She's one of those super happy positive hippies.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I started this summer by taking an online math class which I promptly withdrew from because it was horrible. Just took the College mathematics CLEP yesterday after a week of cramming and passed.

CLEPs are a loving joke and if you don't feel like you need to get the experience of taking something like an English class because you've been out of the game for a while, I suggest abusing them as much as possible. I would doubly say it for bullshit gen ed classes.

So far this month I've taken Early US history to 1877 for 3 credits, the College Composition with essays for 6 credits, and now the College Mathematics for 6 credits.

Just be aware that they generally count as transfer credits and you don't get a letter grade (depending on your school).

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I just finished a two year creative writing program and if you think some kid playing with a phone in the classroom deserves your justice then you are tilting at windmills dude. My program is pass/fail and everyone passes, unofficially; I've mistakenly been left on Cc when profs are emailing about "those damned Chinese students". Part of being an adult and private citizen is recognizing the opportunities to be a paladin when some rear end in a top hat's acting up, and foregoing it. I understand the urge, trust me, but classrooms don't work that way. Ignore it and drive on.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I usually just approach people about it. There have been people who would talk during class and my hard of hearing rear end can't hear with background noise, so I've told them to cut it out since they have the other 23 hours and 10 minutes during the day to talk about whatever. Most of them get it. Tattling because you let it go on until it broke you is lame.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Telling the teacher who is too nice to do anything is tantamount to do nothing but soothing your own wounded sense of being disrespected . It's creating work for that lady who obviously doesn't give a poo poo if they were being so blatant. I'm sure she's looking forward to explaining the situation to two rich entitled jackoffs who will almost certainly face no reprocussions for their actions

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Telling the teacher who is too nice to do anything is tantamount to do nothing but soothing your own wounded sense of being disrespected . It's creating work for that lady who obviously doesn't give a poo poo if they were being so blatant. I'm sure she's looking forward to explaining the situation to two rich entitled jackoffs who will almost certainly face no reprocussions for their actions

Just stop dude, you sound like a white knighting idiot. The guys in the story are clearly, brazenly cheating. gently caress them. Period.

Boon fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 23, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Boon posted:

The guys in the story are clearly cheating, blatantly. gently caress them. Period.

I hate to break the news about college students to you but...

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TBeats posted:

I hate to break the news about college students to you but...

Im a grad student now, I've been around the block. Twice. In the business school.

Believe me, I get it. That doesn't mean it should be condoned.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Boon posted:

Im a grad student now, I've been around the block. Twice. In the business school.

Believe me, I get it. That doesn't mean it should be condoned.

When did you get your scout badge

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Yup. I'm sure your false dichotomy scenario is exactly what is happening. You are the best detective.

I don't loving care dude. It happened to me, not you. I'm not apologetic. I don't go to a community college. I don't care if you cheat. Act like a rich entitled rear end in a top hat on a test that's 40% of the grade by snapping pictures and sending them to someone so they can write you a response to comparing two loving pictures up on a projector. Not even difficult poo poo, poo poo like "Monet uses paint while Irwin uses photographs" thing.

Throw shade, doesn't loving bother me.

I'm about giving people a chance, and he's already used his.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Boon posted:

Just stop dude, you sound like a white knighting idiot. The guys in the story are clearly, brazenly cheating. gently caress them. Period.

This man. Possibly everyone cheats. That's not the issue. The issue is doing it openly and blatantly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
drat sounds like these dudes hosed your girl or something. Your feelings sound really hurt.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You hurt my feelings.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If it was so blatant and out in the open why didn't the professor do something?

(Probably because you care more than the professor does)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Throw shade I don't care

[Insert long post justifying myself]

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
God drat this is a Goon Argument if ever there was one.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TBeats posted:

If it was so blatant and out in the open why didn't the professor do something?

(Probably because you care more than the professor does)

On the other hand, you care so much about defending cheating college students you don't know in a situation for which you have no context that you're diving into the middle of a page-long argument over it

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

at the date posted:

On the other hand, you care so much about defending cheating college students you don't know in a situation for which you have no context that you're diving into the middle of a page-long argument over it

Ya

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whole lot of cheating apologists in this thread

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
More like snitches get stitches or at the very least made fun of like tattle tale bitches

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't know why you fuckers are getting all riled up over this both cheaters and saudis deserve to burn in hell

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you can't take the heat then get out of the snitchen

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If I was getting graded on a curve and some dudes were blatantly cheating I'd be the biggest bitch snitch that ever snitched a bitch.

No curve though, meh.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Whole lot of cheating apologists in this thread
Hmmm, I wonder why.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

If you can't take the heat then get out of the snitchen

Noice.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Don't be too impressed, I saw him copy that off his neighbor's paper.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Dumb: snitching on cheaters because they're cheating in a more annoying way than you like
Dumber: admitting it to goons
Dumbest: all of us for still talking about it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

McNally posted:

Don't be too impressed, I saw him copy that off his neighbor's paper.

Is the class graded on a curve?
Did the teacher notice?
What country is cole from?
Was he doing it extra super duper disrespectfully?
DID. HE. POST. ABOUT. IT.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

Is the class graded on a curve?
Did the teacher notice?
What country is cole from?
Was he doing it extra super duper disrespectfully?
DID. HE. POST. ABOUT. IT.

Most importantly: How do you feel about it?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Turns out some people really care here.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah but I don't care enough to report you.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

McNally posted:

Most importantly: How do you feel about it?

I can't tell if I missed your joke or you missed mine

Edit: cole killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TBeats posted:

Yeah but I don't care enough to report you.

Hasn't stopped anyone before.